Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
yeah....it is in the blog section on cc under my profile
Hi Decon, I'm having difficulty trying to find your book on the second coming. If anyone has found out where it is please let me know. This is all that I can find so far and still searching. :)

Attention:
The requested page could not be found.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
OK, I get baptized of the HS, and I trust in the Lord and have faith in Jesus, and I have a new person in the Lord, but I do nothing that the Lord tells me to do and I ignore the promptings of the HS, but I will still be saved. Makes very little sense. I can not believe it.
No "True Christian will "do nothing the Lord tells Him to do." Your fictitious story makes no sense as always. Stop trying to make the bible say what you want it to say, and let the bible be True.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
OK, I get baptized of the HS, and I trust in the Lord and have faith in Jesus, and I have a new person in the Lord, but I do nothing that the Lord tells me to do and I ignore the promptings of the HS, but I will still be saved. Makes very little sense. I can not believe it.
Hi Ben...Anyone person who has the Holy Spirit in them is a new creature in Christ...It is the Holy Spirit who prompts us to His good works , we are HIS workmanship , the Holy Spirit of God will never let one of His children live the same way as before they were saved...

Are you maybe a doubting Thomas , are you questioning the promises of God ? why so little faith...

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths. ...xox...

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Hi BaptistBibleBeliever, amen and keep preaching the word.

God bless!
It is an honor and a privilege to hold Jesus Christ in written form in our hands . . . He said He would never leave us or forsake us so He left us His Word which contains all we need to be our absolute authority as to our faith and practice. Praise God that His Word needs to revisionists! We have all that we need!

E

eternally-gratefull

Saying you have faith in od, yet doing NOTHING he tells you, only goes to prove you never haed faith in God.

You can’t logically or sincerely sy you have faith in a person. Yet never do a thing they want, ask or suggest.

Thats why james said if we claim to have faith but never do what he says (works) our faith is dead. Lifeless. Non existant. A dead faith has never saved a person, is not saving anyone, and will never save anyone. Even demons believe, If they had faith in god they never would have left. They left because they did not trust God.

E

eternally-gratefull

That person will receive nothing (or very little) at the judgment seat of Christ . . .

"According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? (I Corinthians 3:10-16).

Your fight is with God's Word.
That does not say he never obeyed God and lived like the world. it just says he had no reward.. it was all burnt, for whatever reason.

A true believer will not live in sin, as John said, because they have been born of God..they may nt produce fruit, but they can not live in sin.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
A true believer will not live in sin, as John said, because they have been born of God..they may nt produce fruit, but they can not live in sin.
Really?

You must have missed this . . .

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us" (I John 1:8-10).

Who would the 'we' be . . . it certainly isn't 'them!'

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
You are not a seeker of the Truth if: you continually twist and turn the bible anyway possible to make it say what you are trying to make it say. That is called being disingenuous and misinterpretation of God's Holy Scriptures. Trifling with God's word is a dark road to go down, no light at the end of the tunnel.

God bless!

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Remember, scripture was not written in verse form. You have to look at each passage and see where the seperators are. Because multiple topics or things can be discussed in each chapter

Rom 1 should be seperated into at least 3 parts.

Vs 1 - 7 - introduction
Vs 7 - 17 - to you (people in vs 12. Believers)
Vs 17 - 32 about them (unbelievers, the world. Those not saved) to whome there is no excuse

I am disussing vs 17- 32, vs 12 in not refering to these verses, Paul has changed the subject matter from you to them. .

I think we're gonna have to agree to disagree...;)

E

eternally-gratefull

Really?

You must have missed this . . .

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us" (I John 1:8-10).

Who would the 'we' be . . . it certainly isn't 'them!'
Missed what?

I said a believer will not be sinless, a believer cannot live in sin because he has been born of God (johs words not mine)

John said if we (a believer) say we have no sin, there is no truth in us

As you can see, John agrees with me.. (again, it was johns word anyway, so you could say I agree with John)

So did you misunderstand what I was trying to say?

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
I believe can not live in sin in the 'holy of holies' which is his spirit, where God dwells. But he can certainly live in sin in the flesh. Seems like a rather meaningless disagreement.

E

eternally-gratefull

As for romans 1 for those who wish to know where I am comming from.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth [l]in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident [m]within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

This can not be talking about true believers, as say those Paul spoke of in vs 12.

1. A believer is saved from Gods wrath
2. A believer has repented and come to truth
3. A believer has been shown and believe what is known about God

4. A believer does not need an excuse, they have been redeemed,

E

eternally-gratefull

I believe can not live in sin in the 'holy of holies' which is his spirit, where God dwells. But he can certainly live in sin in the flesh. Seems like a rather meaningless disagreement.
I am confused

My originaly point said a believer can not live in sin (like the world)

It is not my words, it is Johns words

1 John 3:
Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

So what is the problem?

A christian can no more live in habitual sin than he can be perfect..

1 cor talks about rewards. Not about sin or no sin.

1 John 1 says we can not be perfect. 1 John 3 says we can not live in sin. A believer will change.. if he has not changed, and still lives in sin, Is that person really saved?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Remember, scripture was not written in verse form. You have to look at each passage and see where the seperators are. Because multiple topics or things can be discussed in each chapter

Rom 1 should be seperated into at least 3 parts.

Vs 1 - 7 - introduction
Vs 7 - 17 - to you (people in vs 12. Believers)
Vs 17 - 32 about them (unbelievers, the world. Those not saved) to whome there is no excuse

I am disussing vs 17- 32, vs 12 in not refering to these verses, Paul has changed the subject matter from you to them. .
we can only give one reaction. I'd give you 3 for that a check for amen and winner. English can be confusing so people quarrel about little bits and pieces that are poorly translated into a language that keeps changing. I'm glad you got it. I wish everyone did(y)

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
I am confused

My originaly point said a believer can not live in sin (like the world)

It is not my words, it is Johns words

1 John 3:
Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

So what is the problem?

A christian can no more live in habitual sin than he can be perfect..

1 cor talks about rewards. Not about sin or no sin.

1 John 1 says we can not be perfect. 1 John 3 says we can not live in sin. A believer will change.. if he has not changed, and still lives in sin, Is that person really saved?
I am not perfect but my Saviour is . . . and I am covered with His righteousness. Since I am not perfect - I need the cleansing blood of Jesus Christ to cleanse me of all unrighteousness, and that includes post-salvation. As Paul says, "I am complete in Him"!

Do I enjoy sin? Sometimes . . . but. Do I want to sin occasionally? yea. Do I struggle with the flesh? Absolutely. Will I ever be perfect in my own righteousness? Never! Not in this life . . . but then I will have cast aside my old body of filth.

I thought you believed in eternal security.

"But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world" (Galatians 6:14).

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
You STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND do you?

1 Corinthians 2:14 (NIV)
14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

You NEED to be BORN AGAIN FIRST. That involves NOTHING of laboring to TRY to earn favors from HIM, it is instead, "I GIVE UP LORD, you come into my heart and change whatever you want to, out of LOVE FOR YOU, I want you to run my life."

Until you DO THAT, you are STILL LORD OF YOUR OWN LIFE.

Romans 11:6 (HCSB)
6 Now if by grace, then it is not by works; otherwise grace ceases to be grace.

Romans 3:27-28 (TLB)
27 Then what can we boast about doing to earn our salvation? Nothing at all. Why? Because our acquittal is not based on our good deeds; it is based on what Christ has done and our faith in him.
28 So it is that we are saved by faith in Christ and not by the good things we do.

1 Corinthians 1:19 (TLB)
19 For God says, "I will destroy all human plans of salvation no matter how wise they seem to be, and ignore the best ideas of men, even the most brilliant of them."

You are STILL PLANNING how to Save yourself. Do you TRUST HIM ENOUGH, to LET GO, and ALLOW HIM TO CHANGE YOUR HEART to conform with HIS WILL. AS LONG AS YOU SAY I HAVE TO in relation to SALVATION; you are Lord of your OWN LIFE, instead of TRUSTING HIM ENOUGH to GIVE HIM complete Control. WHEN YOU DO, then this verse will HAVE A NEW MEANING TO YOU.

John 14:15 (HCSB)
15 “If you love Me, you will keep My commands.

Look at THESE VERSES, and I PRAY you will finally GET IT.

Galatians 2:16 (HCSB)
16 know that no one is justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ.
And we have believed in Christ Jesus so that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works
of the law, because by the works of the law no human being will be justified.

FOUR VERSES LATER HE MAKES THIS STATEMENT:

Galatians 2:20-21 (HCSB)
20 and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died for nothing.

You set aside the Grace of GOD, so that you can Do It for yourself.

I admit, the Good that I do, IS CHRIST IN ME, WHO DOES IT.

E

eternally-gratefull

I am not perfect but my Saviour is . . . and I am covered with His righteousness. Since I am not perfect - I need the cleansing blood of Jesus Christ to cleanse me of all unrighteousness, and that includes post-salvation. As Paul says, "I am complete in Him"!

Do I enjoy sin? Sometimes . . . but. Do I want to sin occasionally? yea. Do I struggle with the flesh? Absolutely. Will I ever be perfect in my own righteousness? Never! Not in this life . . . but then I will have cast aside my old body of filth.

I thought you believed in eternal security.

"But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world" (Galatians 6:14).
I do not think you are understanding what I am trying to say, and I think you have forgotten the context of our origional conversation. I am at the point I have no idea what your arguing about. I am NOT arguing against eternal security, nor anything you have said here

I am arguing against the fact that a true believer can continue to live in sin.

Do you think they can? (Notice I am not saying they will never sin again, I am talkin about them living as they lived BEFORE they supposedly got saved)

Did John say they can not sin or did he not? What are you arguing against?