Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

Well, I am glad that living like Jesus is not nonsense to you.
You did not respond to my question. This your post is non responsive, It does not and will not excuse you from bearing false witness against others.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
Matthew 7:13-14 (NASB)
13 "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. {.That Destruction is described in Mat. 10:28.}
14 "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Would it be fair to say, that the REASON you refuse to tell us the Denomination or Type of Church you attend, OR answer the Detailed Questions about Characteristics of JESUS CHRIST*, is because you fear answering them, would get you BANNED from this site ? ? ?

*Here are the Questions that I am referring to: #72,283 on page 3615.
I answered them on post # 72257, you need to hit "click to expand" for my answers to each question.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
You just show you have no idea what DC or others teach. Ps.. People who work to try to earn salvation. Are they really christian?
No, they would be followers of Moses's law. We are Christians that know we cannot earn salvation by good works.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
May be if you added the simple word try it might help.
OK, good suggestion. Try living the life that Jesus lived. Being engaged in the good works of the Lord should not be difficult if you believe in Jesus and have been baptised by the Holy Spirit, and you are a new person in Jesus.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
OK, good suggestion. Try living the life that Jesus lived. Being engaged in the good works of the Lord should not be difficult if you believe in Jesus and have been baptised by the Holy Spirit, and you are a new person in Jesus.
More like try being ridiculed, beaten and tortured to death on a cross naked and still loving and forgiving.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
Salvation, justification, sealed by the Holy Spirit, sanctified positionally in Christ by faith and eternal life are ALL INSTANTLY GIVEN at the moment of genuine faith.....they also have present continuing results from a past COMPLETED ACTION...

Salvation is a GIFT and the bible is clear....the GIFTS OF GOD ARE IRREVOCABLE!!
Some scriptures indicate that a gift is irrevocable, but some do not. For instance John 15:2 indicates that if you are saved IN JESUS, but do not produce fruit for his kingdom, you will lose your salvation. Many other scriptures indicate that the gift is not irrecvocable.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
More like try being ridiculed, beaten and tortured to death on a cross naked and still loving and forgiving.
Your new person in Christ will have that kind of nature. We must be willing to be ridiculed, beatne and tortured to death and still be loving and forgiving. If you are truely born-again, you will radiate those kind of qualities. Thats why I keep saying that being engaged in good works for the Lord, is a pure sign that you truly believe and you truly had a baptism of the HS, and you truly have a new person in the image of Jesus Christ. So we try it, and we do it, and we produce much fruit for the KOG.

E

eternally-gratefull

No, they would be followers of Moses's law. We are Christians that know we cannot earn salvation by good works.
Anyone who preaches salvation is maintained by works is them, whether they follow mosaic law or not..

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Some scriptures indicate that a gift is irrevocable, but some do not. For instance John 15:2 indicates that if you are saved IN JESUS, but do not produce fruit for his kingdom, you will lose your salvation. Many other scriptures indicate that the gift is not irrecvocable.
Doh, that is WAY out of context because in verse 1 he states that he is the vine. And, "You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Is English your second language?

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
Sometimes I find people that supposedly have read the bible confused and wonder if they have some kind of cognitive dysfunction or lack of comprehension to go through all of the mental gymnastics to justify their position on works = salvation. It's all nonsense otherwise the Bible would be written like that. the numbers to verses were added later because the word is so vast and broad in spectrum the numbers are just to make it easier to look things up.

Each and every verse is not separate or autonomous to itself but it is a small part of a big picture. I'd tend to be more understanding if we were dealing with illiterate people but we are not. These folks have computers and know how to read.:unsure::cry::rolleyes:
I would like you to interpret John 15:1-3. Thank you.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I would like you to interpret John 15:1-3. Thank you.
Interpret? It's not in code. but OK Prunes means trims. not casts aside. And we can't do it ourselves. if we do not bear fruit we are like a branch that doesn't. Not are a branch... The father will correct us, or trim us so that we do.
let's go to verse, (12) "My command is this Love one another as I have loved you. (13) Greater love has no one than this; to lay down ones life for ones friends (14) You are my friends if you do what I command. "What did he just command? VERSE 12!

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Interpret? It's not in code. but OK Prunes means trims. not casts aside. And we can't do it ourselves. if we do not bear fruit we are like a branch that doesn't. Not are a branch... The father will correct us, or trim us so that we do.
let's go to verse, (12) "My command is this Love one another as I have loved you. (13) Greater love has no one than this; to lay down ones life for ones friends (14) You are my friends if you do what I command." What did he just command? VERSE 12!
. . . and if we want to be fruitful we walk close by the Saviour, or 'abide in Him.'

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
let's go to verse, (12) "My command is this Love one another as I have loved you. (13) Greater love has no one than this; to lay down ones life for ones friends (14) You are my friends if you do what I command. "What did he just command? VERSE 12!
Ok, I see that I have to get much more specific. So in John 5:2 Jesus starts this verse by saying: "Every branch in me". This is an allegory, so who is Jesus referring to when he says, "Every branch in me"?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
. . . and if we want to be fruitful we walk close by the Saviour, or 'abide in Him.'
LOVE IS THE FIRST FRUIT. from Sermon on the mount, a memory verse. "A new commandment I give unto you: Love the Lord thy God with all of thy heart, mind and soul and love thy neighbor as thyself."

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Ok, I see that I have to get much more specific. So in John 5:2 Jesus starts this verse by saying: "Every branch in me". This is an allegory, so who is Jesus referring to when he says, "Every branch in me"?
To people who are saved. We won't get cut off & cast aside but trimmed so we can produce. produce what? love.