Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Just because you say it is true or not true does not make it true.

God shall judge this not you.
Your words were clear...why lie about it...the intent of your post to EG was clear...why lie about it...Proverbs 6 for you pal.....pay particular attention to the fsct that God hates liars....!!

Sep 27, 2018
Your words were clear...why lie about it...the intent of your post to EG was clear...why lie about it...Proverbs 6 for you pal.....pay particular attention to the fsct that God hates liars....!!
I will wait on the judgment of the Lord.

Dec 12, 2013
Oh well, anyone with sense can read what you wrote and know what you meant.....and what your purpose was......your verbiage was clear as well as motive......and you obviously have no honesty......!!

Sep 27, 2018
Oh well, anyone with sense can read what you wrote and know what you meant.....and what your purpose was......your verbiage was clear as well as motive......and you obviously have no honesty......!!
God will judge my honesty and motive not you.

Dec 12, 2013
God will judge my honesty and motive not you.
Like I said....

Sep 27, 2018
Like I said....

I know what you think of me...you do not have to tell anymore
I do not want you to sin on my account.

Dec 12, 2013
I know what you think of me...you do not have to tell anymore
I do not want you to sin on my account.
Speaking the truth is not sin.....now being dishonest about what you said and your motive after being nailed on it is....you should just repent, admit the truth and move on instead of adding sin upon sin

Sep 27, 2018
Speaking the truth is not sin.....now being dishonest about what you said and your motive after being nailed on it is....you should just repent, admit the truth and move on instead of adding sin upon sin
Why do you sin?

Sep 27, 2018
See....you have nothing to say of value....dishonest, untruthful and no ability to just admit the truth, repent and get right.....called Pride.....and a haughty spirit.....tragic!!
How much do you love God?

What measure do you love God?

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
And you will not win.
Its not bout winning or losing Christ died for all and you too can accept His free gift of salvation and have the assurance of seeing Him in heaven some day as well

John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

E

eternally-gratefull

Then if this is true
Jesus did no good works
for it was God working in him
to do the good works.
Thats the point I was making yes, it is not like these lawyers think that we do good works of our own power, it is god who works in us, as God worked in Christ

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Then if this is true
Jesus did no good works
for it was God working in him
to do the good works.
Now you have to explain yourself?

Do you NOT realize JESUS has GOD in the Flesh. GOD IS AN OMNIPRESENT SPIRIT, so EVEN THOUGH HE HAD GOD IN HIS FLESH, HE DID NOT STOP BEING OMNIPRESENT.

2 Corinthians 5:19 (ASV)
19 to wit, that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not reckoning unto them their trespasses, and having committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Philippians 2:5-6 (HCSB)
5 Make your own attitude that of Christ Jesus,
6 who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God as something to be used for His own advantage.

Colossians 2:8-10 (HCSB)
8 Be careful that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deceit based on human tradition, based on the elemental forces of the world, and not based on Christ.
9 For the entire fullness of God’s nature dwells bodily in Christ,
10 and you have been filled by Him, who is the head over every ruler and authority.

John 14:10 (HCSB)
10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words I speak to you I do not speak on My own.
The Father who lives in Me does His works.

WHY?

John 14:9-10 (HCSB)
9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been among you all this time without your knowing Me, Philip? The one who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words I speak to you I do not speak on My own. The Father who lives in Me does His works.

Are you DENYING the Doctrine of the HOLY TRINITY, that states the three personages, the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are co-equally ONE DEITY that we call the Holy Trinity?

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Yes you have, because your doing it and preaching you must maintain salvation. Thus you preach self righteousness. Not Gods righteousness. Which is God working in you to do good works..

Deny it all you want.
Hi E-grateful, we are usually in agreement on most biblical topics and no exception here. Can't we all still remember the excitement that comes when you are a new born babe in Christ and all we can think about is how can we please our Master and Loving God, and what is God's will for our life now that we are a new born Christian.

During my first year as a Christian I recall beginning the "Navigators Scripture Memory Course", remember that. It is designed to help Christians, new or seasoned, to grow spiritually in the Lord by the use of "memorizing scripture's", and you can share this course with a friend and grow spiritually, discipleship.

I guess my point is that all of the work that we do as far as personal growth or ministry is through the power of God who, 'works in you to will' and to act.", And I believe it is correct to say that our Master and Savior also did all of His earthly ministry by the power of God working through Him "to will and to act" only this was absolute, "Perfect Submission", to the Father.

God bless!

Psalm119;11
I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

Philippians2:12,13
12)
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13) for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Hi TLIG,

I'm not stalking you but I notice that your profile page states.

Spiritual Status = Unsure
When Saved = At all times.

How and why are you saved at all times if your spiritual status is unsure?