Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
we've done this before, Trout fried skin on with bacon fresh from the lake, same day.
Um Um, love fried fish skin, never tried it with bacon bet that's great tastin' too. My wife just said yes we need to try that with bacon, Um Um.....:D

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Um Um, love fried fish skin, never tried it with bacon bet that's great tastin' too. My wife just said yes we need to try that with bacon, Um Um.....:D
Caught before the break of dawn in the twilight, With bacon, eggs & hash browns toast & real butter. It'll make you glad you got up! but scaling them is the main chore.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Pike? You better save some for me, ling too.

I used to live in Crescent City, CA, about 17 miles from Oregon. We caught Ling Cods ever once in a while. I used to call them Big Uglies.

Here is why:

Yes, I would buy them in the Restaurant too. One of the Better Tasting Fish you can buy.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Caught before the break of dawn in the twilight, With bacon, eggs & hash browns toast & real butter. It'll make you glad you got up! but scaling them is the main chore.
Too bad I just finished dinner. My wife removes the scales using the backside of a knife and then we cook our catch right on the river bank or on the shore side of the lake. Whatever we bring home goes promptly on ice.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I used to live in Crescent City, CA, about 17 miles from Oregon. We caught Ling Cods ever once in a while. I used to call them Big Uglies.

Here is why:

Yes, I would buy them in the Restaurant too. One of the Better Tasting Fish you can buy.
Those look like beauties to me :D:giggle::D

E

eternally-gratefull

Why must you always equate good works with self righteousness? I have given you no reason to continue to tag that to me.
You keep going around in circles my friend. You asked if a person is saved and does not do works, Will they go to EL. Then I asked how a person could be saved and made a new creature and not do works. Then you act like a kid backed to a wal and start to try to pin it all back on me.

You teach works, period. Everyone here sees it.. Why you refuse to see it, and refuse to see when you are backed to a wall you come out slinging because you can not answer the question, just goes to show how hardened you are. I feel sorry for you man.

E

eternally-gratefull

In a debate..it cant be ONE SIDED...a lot of PROOF has been given you but you dont answer questions back or the rebuttle..just nonsense..

Im still waiting for you to show me i lied simce you called me a liar..
Is this not a bible dISCUSSION forum? I am amazed at the people who come in here, yet have NO DESIRE to DISCUSS the word. Just shove their view down your throat.

N

NoNameMcgee

Good morning to all my brothers and sisters in Christ

praise God for another wonderful day

i hope all of you have a blessed day😏

john 10
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
________
1 peter

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

________

Romans 11:
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

_______

John 6:36-40
36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

praise God for never casting His own children out
and praise God for keeping His own children by His own power by grace through faith with no chance of turning from them

praise God for being so mighty no man can be plucked from His hand

as He has said

He will lose nothing.... not one of His own

His gifts are without repentance.....

we dont deserve such a wonderful forgiving Father.... but we have Him
and He knows His own

i am so grateful... and feel so much joy

i know if my assurance rests on His promises... His words

and not on my own walk

then i am built on a rock... something that can not be shaken

and no matter what this world throws at me it wont compare to the joy i get from knowing the truth.... Jesus Christ

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.

Here is why:

Too bad I just finished dinner. My wife removes the scales using the backside of a knife and then we cook our catch right on the river bank or on the shore side of the lake. Whatever we bring home goes promptly on ice.
That's the biggest one I've seen. I use bisquick w/brown sugar batter for ling but dip the flakey meat in garlic butter. Poor man's Lobster. And Truth, If I'm camping, I do the same but If I rent a cabin, (like in Big Bear) never mind building a fire that early. I just boogie on back and use what I paid for. Good eatin' either way. Some places get very touchy about camp fires too like natnl. forests.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Good morning to all my brothers and sisters in Christ

praise God for another wonderful day

i hope all of you have a blessed day😏

john 10
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
________
1 peter

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

________

Romans 11:
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

_______

John 6:36-40
36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

praise God for never casting His own children out
and praise God for keeping His own children by His own power by grace through faith with no chance of turning from them

praise God for being so mighty no man can be plucked from His hand

as He has said

He will lose nothing.... not one of His own

His gifts are without repentance.....

we dont deserve such a wonderful forgiving Father.... but we have Him
and He knows His own

i am so grateful... and feel so much joy

i know if my assurance rests on His promises... His words

and not on my own walk

then i am built on a rock... something that can not be shaken

and no matter what this world throws at me it wont compare to the joy i get from knowing the truth.... Jesus Christ
Amen Brother...Preach it like the good LORD says...I got so much joy reading this , because it is the written truth...I love to be reminded that we are kept by God's power , everything belongs to the Father of Lights , He owns us , your post raised a fire up inside me...Praise the LORD and thank You Jesus \:love:/...xox...

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
@benhur ..you dont become part of him (the vine) until saved...if we arent "in him" we werent really saved to begim with..kinda like people who do a lot of religious THINGS but have missed the relatiomship with Jesus entirely..and God (the gardner) is the one the decerns that by a person heart..
Exactly. That is why it is interesting that God is cutting off "every branch IN ME (JESUS)" for not being fruitful. Kind of like the big beautiful fig tree that had no fruit on it, and Jesus cursed it and it died.

I know it is hard to think that Jesus would cut off branches that are IN HIM, (saved people), but if these beautiful branches that are even IN HIM are not producing fruit, he will cut them off and send them away. IOW you can be saved all you want, but if you are not producing fruit, you can eventually lose your saved position.

Even saved people that are producing fruit, God will purge and prune and mold to help them produce more fruit, but if they refuse to do more, he will also cut these branches off. It is not easy to live the law of Christ. It is not easy to live a saved life that immitates Christ's fruitful life. The way is narrow and few there be that find it and stay on it.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Exactly. That is why it is interesting that God is cutting off "every branch IN ME (JESUS)" for not being fruitful. Kind of like the big beautiful fig tree that had no fruit on it, and Jesus cursed it and it died.

I know it is hard to think that Jesus would cut off branches that are IN HIM, (saved people), but if these beautiful branches that are even IN HIM are not producing fruit, he will cut them off and send them away. IOW you can be saved all you want, but if you are not producing fruit, you can eventually lose your saved position.

Even saved people that are producing fruit, God will purge and prune and mold to help them produce more fruit, but if they refuse to do more, he will also cut these branches off. It is not easy to live the law of Christ. It is not easy to live a saved life that immitates Christ's fruitful life. The way is narrow and few there be that find it and stay on it.
Folks, this is salvation based upon man's efforts...

N

NoNameMcgee

ben.... again
youre lacking context

John 15
1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

one of your mistakes is not seeing there are two sorts of brances here

branches that bare fruit
"every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit"
"He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit"

and branches that do not bare fruit
"If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned"
"As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself"

you are focused on the word "in" when this whole thing is largely an example of the power of CHRIST in His own

compared to the lack of power in fakers

dont you understand when this is being said?

what judas already did and what was about to happen?

maybe you need to focus more on the whole message
including the word ABIDE

but this has NOTHING to do with the loss of salvation to a saved believer

and MUCH to do with two separate types of men in the same congregation

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
The problem with perfectionists is that unless they are delusional they will come to realize they're not perfect and disappoint them selves. Works are great but don't get it twisted, they won't save anybody.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
Your Interpretation is wrong, the branch that does not bear fruit are pretenders like Judas was. -- your interpretation is wrong therefore your application is wrong. You are trying to support your false application that a true believer can lose their Eternal Salvation, they cannot. Ask God to open your spiritual eye's and you will see.

A fake believer will give lip service to Christ but are not true believers. They are the one's who are cut off. God will never abandon a True Believer, never. The ones who God's word fell on rock ground.

You have been told this over and over and over and refuse to open your spiritual eyes, a pity.

John15:2
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.

Adam Clark Commentary
He taketh away
- As the vine-dresser will remove every unfruitful branch from the vine, so will my Father remove every unfruitful member from my mystical body - such as Judas, the unbelieving Jews, the apostatizing disciples, and all false and merely nominal Christians, who are attached to the vine by faith in the word and Divine mission of Christ, while they live not in his life and Spirit, and bring forth no fruit to the glory of God; and also every branch which has been in him by true faith - such as have given way to iniquity, and made shipwreck of their faith and of their good conscience: all these he taketh away.
My interpretation is correct. In this scripture, Jesus is describing the true vine. The only branches in his true vine are people that are saved and IN HIM. There are no pretenders in his true vine. They are in another vine in another vineyard.

Nonetheless, God is even chopping branches (saved people) off this true vine if they are not producing fruit. IOW you must be actively engaged in the Lords work and producing fruit for his kingdom or you will be chopped off and taken away.

I have pointed this out many time to you and you refuse to see vs 2 as a clear and straight forward scripture of saved people in the true vine. You always want to presume that in the true vine there are pretenders like Judas. There are not, your interpretation is not correct. Read it slowly and many times and you will see that I am right.

John 15:2 and many other scriptures refute OSAS as a true doctrine.