Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

NoNameMcgee

So do you LIKE that BURNT BEAN flavor, it all reminds me of Starbucks. YUK!

Where I get this from, is a Coffee Roaster, that he only roasts Kenya Coffee, on the lower end of Medium, then You can taste the real coffee bean flavor, instead of just burnt beans. To each his own.
hahaha
I'm not picky bro...

I just enjoyed what my work had to offer for free😅

(I also enjoy lighter roasts)

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I LOATHE burnt, or sour (ACIDIC) coffee I like it fresh and strong. Non alcoholic Kalua makes a great creamer for my taste. But this was supposed to be a not by works thread gang. Let's get back on topic (me too).

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
What do people most often do when they/we realize they/we are wrong?

A) Make excuses.

B) Blame it on others.

C) Point out others faults and condemn.

D) Admit it and ask for forgiveness & help.
We are all Gods' children and often we act like children and prove it!

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Who ever said that works will save you?
Ben, you are your own worst enemy. They misunderstand you, because you are not careful how you word things.

It does not SAVE YOU, nor will it KEEP YOU SAVED. James said look at his works, ONLY because in them, you CAN SEE that he LOVES THE LORD and LOVES THE BRETHREN. Therefore the LOVE that he has, is the PROOF, that HE REALLY WAS BORN AGAIN IN THE PAST BEFORE ANY WORKS CAN BE DO. THAT CONTINUANCE OF LOVE IS THE EVIDENCE, that he really was BORN AGAIN PAST TENSE, and that NEVER CAN BE LOST.

John 10:27-28 (HCSB)
27 My sheep hear My voice, I know them, and they follow Me.
28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish—ever! No one will snatch them out of My hand.

Philippians 1:6 (NIV)
6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of
Christ Jesus.

Can you see how you are wording your posts in a way that causes us to discern that you are promoting that Works have a Part in KEEPING YOU SAVED, which is a false gospel?

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I LOATHE burnt, or sour (ACIDIC) coffee I like it fresh and strong. Non alcoholic Kalua makes a great creamer for my taste. But this was supposed to be a not by works thread gang. Let's get back on topic (me too).

I am already their, I already had my coffee. LOL.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
The context is bearing fruit not salvation.....regardless of how many Cainologists try to equate this to salvation and or losing salvation it is not speaking of salvation......wake up....the context is bearing fruit....nothing more nothing less!
What do think it means when God cuts off the branch and takes it away. Do you think that could do with you not getting EL with him. It is a scriptural metaphor for what it takes to lose your salvation. Being cut off the true vine means you are no longer in line for EL.

If you do not produce fruit for the KOG, you will not be in the KOG. IOW you will not have salvation in the KOG.

N

NoNameMcgee

What do think it means when God cuts off the branch and takes it away. Do you think that could do with you not getting EL with him. It is a scriptural metaphor for what it takes to lose your salvation. Being cut off the true vine means you are no longer in line for EL.

If you do not produce fruit for the KOG, you will not be in the KOG. IOW you will not have salvation in the KOG.

ben.... again
youre lacking context

John 15
1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

one of your mistakes is not seeing there are two sorts of brances here

branches that bare fruit
vvvvvv
______
"every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit"
"He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit"

and branches that do not bare fruit
vvvvvvv
_______
"If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned"
"As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself"

you are focused on the word "in" when this whole thing is largely an example of the power of CHRIST

compared to the lack of power in fakers

dont you know what judas already did and what was about to happen in context when this was said?

maybe you need to focus more on the whole message
including the word ABIDE

but this has NOTHING to do with the loss of salvation to a saved believer

and MUCH to do with two separate types of men (branches) in the same congregation

ben.... this is a bump but only because ive seen you post this same broken argument that ignores the gospel and the promises of Jesus

John 6:37-39
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
What do think it means when God cuts off the branch and takes it away. Do you think that could do with you not getting EL with him. It is a scriptural metaphor for what it takes to lose your salvation. "Being cut off the true vine means you are no longer in line for EL."...("In line for EL, is this a cafeteria?")

News flash: benher thinks that God will send His dear beloved born again children to eternal hell for not producing enough grapes/works.

Benhur you are insulting our Savior Jesus Christ, God does not save His dear beloved children based on performance, and He sure is not sending His Children to eternal Hell because they fail to produce. What on earth is wrong with you. The vines that do not produce are "hangers on" "false discipes, like Judas Escariot.

I think benhur is interpreting scripture falsely and therefore has a false application. The idea that benhur is allowed to post this false gospel on an international christian forum is a tragedy.

Benhur, nobody on this forum believes you counterfeit gospel.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.

If you do not produce fruit for the KOG, you will not be in the KOG. IOW you will not have salvation in the KOG.​
QUACK!
quack (3).jpg

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
Ben, you are your own worst enemy. They misunderstand you, because you are not careful how you word things.

It does not SAVE YOU, nor will it KEEP YOU SAVED. James said look at his works, ONLY because in them, you CAN SEE that he LOVES THE LORD and LOVES THE BRETHREN. Therefore the LOVE that he has, is the PROOF, that HE REALLY WAS BORN AGAIN IN THE PAST BEFORE ANY WORKS CAN BE DO. THAT CONTINUANCE OF LOVE IS THE EVIDENCE, that he really was BORN AGAIN PAST TENSE, and that NEVER CAN BE LOST.

John 10:27-28 (HCSB)
27 My sheep hear My voice, I know them, and they follow Me.
28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish—ever! No one will snatch them out of My hand.

Philippians 1:6 (NIV)
6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of
Christ Jesus.

Can you see how you are wording your posts in a way that causes us to discern that you are promoting that Works have a Part in KEEPING YOU SAVED, which is a false gospel?
Good works does have a part in keeping you saved. But good works on its own will not save you. It is Jesus that saves you, not your works alone. But Jesus is not going to save you in his kingdom, unless you continue to abide in him and he in you, and you continue to produce fruit for his kingdom. If you stop producing fruit he will prune you and purge you and help you to produce more fruit. If you find it too dificult to be engaged in the work of the Lord, then you willl not have EL with the Lord, it is just that simple. Saying I believe and doing what I believe are light years apart in the application of the word of God.

So I believe that good works alone will not save you, but saying I believe in Jesus Christ, and saying you have faith in Christ, and saying you trust in Jesus Christ, but have not good works or little good works for Jesus Christ will result in you branch being cut off, or pruned, or purged sharply to get you to come back into the vine and start producing fruit that will lead to EL.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Hey Benhur, the branches that are "cut off" are "false believers", "hangers on", like Judas Escariot.

You are insulting our dear Savior Jesus Christ over and over again as if the cross is insufficient to keep us saved.
Shame on you for repeating a false gospel over and over on an international forum.

BaptistBibleBeliever

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Good works does have a part in keeping you saved. But good works on its own will not save you. It is Jesus that saves you, not your works alone. But Jesus is not going to save you in his kingdom, unless you continue to abide in him and he in you, and you continue to produce fruit for his kingdom. If you stop producing fruit he will prune you and purge you and help you to produce more fruit. If you find it too dificult to be engaged in the work of the Lord, then you willl not have EL with the Lord, it is just that simple. Saying I believe and doing what I believe are light years apart in the application of the word of God.

So I believe that good works alone will not save you, but saying I believe in Jesus Christ, and saying you have faith in Christ, and saying you trust in Jesus Christ, but have not good works or little good works for Jesus Christ will result in you branch being cut off, or pruned, or purged sharply to get you to come back into the vine and start producing fruit that will lead to EL.
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves" (Matthew 7:15).

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
News Flash: Benhur is a False Teacher, beware
I believe that you must believe in Christ, have the baptism of the Holy Spirit, and become a new creature in Christ. I believe this new creature with the guidance of the Holy Spirit will do good works unto the Lord that have been given from the Lord to accomplish. I believe that through the grace of Jesus Christ one is saved in the KOG.

I believe in keeping the law of Christ, which is to cloth the naked, feed the poor, visit the imprisoned, take care of the widow and her children, seek justice for all.

Is this teaching false doctrine, and if it is, get me banned from this forum. You go do try it TT.

Flash: everything I have said is in the bible. Very hard to ban a person from a Christian chat room for teaching from the bible.

BaptistBibleBeliever

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois

2. Blatant false teachings against the essentials of our faith. (We'll allow some users for a time to discuss issues that are against the faith, but if time passes and they keep it up, they will be dealt with.)

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
Hey Benhur, the branches that are "cut off" are "false believers", "hangers on", like Judas Escariot.

You are insulting our dear Savior Jesus Christ over and over again as if the cross is insufficient to keep us saved.
Shame on you for repeating a false gospel over and over on an international forum.
Shame on me for telling you that we must be engaged in the work of the Lord? You are, I believed engaged in the work of the Lord, why the resistance?

BaptistBibleBeliever

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois

The more these false teachers are reported, the better chance we have of protecting the sheep from the likes of them.

"Go, and do thou likewise!"

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
2. Blatant false teachings against the essentials of our faith. (We'll allow some users for a time to discuss issues that are against the faith, but if time passes and they keep it up, they will be dealt with.)
I know that you feel like we need to be engaged in the Lord's work. I know you are engaged in the Lord's work, so why the resistance?