Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
They just dont get it im afraid :(
Apparently.........those who add works in any way, shape or form to gain, keep, embellish or top off salvation are not only peddling a false gospel like a street organ player with a dancing monkey in Calcutta, but also they, in essence, are saying they do not fully trust Christ. At the end of the day the reason works will never save or keep saved is because it is CHRIST doing the work through us as a living sacrifice......we are but a vessel that has been born again through faith by an incorruptible seed through an irrevocable gift of eternal life all based upon grace.

E

eternally-gratefull

The following quote it tragically false and carries NO HOPE and or FAITH....LIKE JOHN said....these things are written so that you may KNOW............not the drivel he is posting which is false.....

benhur said:
Some day we will know exactly how we get saved.
I do not get it, Amen, John said we can KNOW. How can ben then NOT KNOW?

I can only think of one reason. He has no faith in Gods Gospel. Or Christ.

E

eternally-gratefull

Hey Jewel

Satan believes God exists , he knows it !
But he cant be saved
Thats because he does nto have FAITH in God, if he did, He would not be a demon, He would stil be called an Angel.

he left God and followed Satan due to his lack of faith.

Dec 12, 2013
My friend, it does not say this at all.

James is statng a fact. Belief alone does nto save (even demons believe)

It takes a living faith to be saved (a faith not even the demons have, if they did, well I think yuo get the picture) Living faith ALWAYS produces wors, So if you CLAIM to have faith, But have no works, You are decieved, because your faith is dead (you never had faith to begin with)
They still fail to understand that the comparison is between mere acknowledgment of there being a GOD and SAVING faith......the devils acknowledge that GOD is real, but they have no SAVING FAITH......the truth of who JAMES was written to is also ignored....even today MANY JEWS have BELIEF that GOD is rel. but NO SAVING FAITH..........to teach works using JAMES context must be flat ignored or twisted beyond measure......

E

eternally-gratefull

They still fail to understand that the comparison is between mere acknowledgment of there being a GOD and SAVING faith......the devils acknowledge that GOD is real, but they have no SAVING FAITH......the truth of who JAMES was written to is also ignored....even today MANY JEWS have BELIEF that GOD is rel. but NO SAVING FAITH..........to teach works using JAMES context must be flat ignored or twisted beyond measure......
You must have gotten some nice rest after your trip. Good to have you fully back! And Amen Bro!!

Dec 12, 2013
I do not get it, Amen, John said we can KNOW. How can ben then NOT KNOW?

I can only think of one reason. He has no faith in Gods Gospel. Or Christ.
Exactly..........no real faith and or hope<----the message the workers for, Cainologists and Pharisees peddle.........work like ..... and hope you make it......

Dec 12, 2013
You must have gotten some nice rest after your trip. Good to have you fully back! And Amen Bro!!
HAHA a little loopy.....can feel it in the head....right now it would be 2 AM and sleeping my head off so....the biological clock is not re-set yet HAHAH but the coffee and energy drink is keeping me going HAHAH......in a few hours I will be like.....NAP TIME I am sure....usually takes me a few days to get back on the U.S. time frame....thanks bro

Dec 12, 2013
A few problems with this thinking

1. 1 John 2 says anyone who is an antichrist never lost salvation they never had it
2. It then tells us who is the antichrist - those who deny Christ
3. It tells us also who are those who deny Christ (see chapter 3) as it says whoever commits sin has never seen or known God (ie all of your oints about being able to sin your way out of savation is refuted. As it says whoever lives in habitual life of sin has NEVER known God) ie, they deny christ, and thus, have never had salvation, it also says whoever is born of God CAN NOT FALL INTO SIN. (Ie, you cannot be saved, fall into sin, and lose salvation)

You can not lose what you do not have.
Nor can one lose a gift that is IRREVOCABLY and ETERNALLY given

ljs

Jan 13, 2018

Well said !!!!
Your better at explaining it than me

Dec 12, 2013
Well said !!!!
Your better at explaining it than me
That is o.k. and your sword in this fight is appreciated and you do a fine job....keep swinging because the workers for, Cainologists and Pharisees are marching rank and file against the truth of God......

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Hey Jewel

Satan believes God exists , he knows it !
But he cant be saved

That is because HE DOES NOT BELIEVE IN HIS HEART, and Trust Him totally. I suspect, that Satan has deceived himself into thinking that if he can get enough to follow Him, he can overthrow the KING of Kings.

Oct 3, 2018
www.jbs.org
The wicked one, the ruler of this world, has come and the world is blinded and deceived by his power. Immanuel Jesus told his disciples that no one can come into the grace covenant the father ordained but through faith in the Christ. Those whom God the father knows before the heart of that one is persuaded by God toward the way, the truth, and the life.
We do not work to arrive there. Nor do we work to retain the gift God's grace bestowed. The Christ did the work from the cross.

What we who are in that covenant are called to serve in the name of the Christ is evidences of the work on the cross making us examples of those that are not deceived by the wicked one. We are the light in this world that do the work of God as he calls us to perform. We do not labor to stay saved. We are saved for all time and our labors in God's name are evidences of this.

Luke 23:42-43
“God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).

That is how I see fit to answer the question at least. :)

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
That is because HE DOES NOT BELIEVE IN HIS HEART, and Trust Him totally. I suspect, that Satan has deceived himself into thinking that if he can get enough to follow Him, he can overthrow the KING of Kings.
She knows it. I think Satan is worse than you conceive. He knows he's lost but he's a Sociopath among other things. He wants the world to suffer with him. If he can't go to heaven. He'd rather take everyone to hell with him.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
The following quote it tragically false and carries NO HOPE and or FAITH....LIKE JOHN said....these things are written so that you may KNOW............not the drivel he is posting which is false.....

benhur said:
Some day we will know exactly how we get saved.
Hi Decon, welcome home and I am very happy both you and the airplane survived, hahahah!

This post is in support of what you have already made known, "That we may 'know" that we have eternal life."1John5:13. Sometimes I think benhur is reading a different bible than all of the rest of us, because his interpretations are so misleading as is this one;

benhur said: "Some day "we will know" exactly how we get saved." (As Decon said, "we do know already").

As a new born babe in Christ one of the very first bible verses that I learned was 1John5:13; God wants His Dear Children "to know", that they are secure and loved. In the Book of 1,2,and,3rd John the Apostle John refer's to his readers as "Dear Children.", 20 times.

The entire Bible was written to show all believers that we "have hope", and that we have an almighty, all knowing, and all powerful God, who loves us dearly, and we are called, "the apple of His eye." Psalm17:8

1John5:13
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so "that you may know that you have eternal life."

Psalm17:8
Keep me as 'the apple of Your eye'; hide me in the shadow of Your wings

Romans15:4
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope."

Dec 12, 2013
Hi Decon, welcome home and I am very happy both you and the airplane survived, hahahah!

This post is in support of what you have already made known, "That we may 'know" that we have eternal life."1John5:13. Sometimes I think benhur is reading a different bible than all of the rest of us, because his interpretations are so misleading as is this one;

benhur said: "Some day "we will know" exactly how we get saved." (As Decon said, "we do know already").

As a new born babe in Christ one of the very first bible verses that I learned was 1John5:13; God wants His Dear Children "to know", that they are secure and loved. In the Book of 1,2,and,3rd John the Apostle John refer's to his readers as "Dear Children.", 20 times.

The entire Bible was written to show all believers that we "have hope", and that we have an almighty, all knowing, and all powerful God, who loves us dearly, and we are called, "the apple of His eye." Psalm17:8

1John5:13
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so "that you may know that you have eternal life."

Psalm17:8
Keep me as 'the apple of Your eye'; hide me in the shadow of Your wings

Romans15:4
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope."
Thanks bro.......appreciate the concern.......after this trip I have about 390,000 miles under my belt the last three years......to the moon and back plus back to the moon......hahah talk about flying.......

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Thanks bro.......appreciate the concern.......after this trip I have about 390,000 miles under my belt the last three years......to the moon and back plus back to the moon......hahah talk about flying.......
Impressive flying record, now is the time to get thee your Pilot's License.....:D

Dec 12, 2013
She knows it. I think Satan is worse than you conceive. He knows he's lost but he's a Sociopath among other things. He wants the world to suffer with him. If he can't go to heaven. He'd rather take everyone to hell with him.
What is a trip----> many overlook the verbiage applied unto Lucifer found in Ezekiel.....they like to apply it to an earthly King, but the verbiage does not fit an earthly KING.......Sealest up the SUM, FULL of WISDOM and PERFECT in the day he was created until iniquity was found in HIM<--PRIDE.........and after his fall--->the antithesis of Christ.......polar opposite.....personification of evil, intelligent, with power to wield.......arch enemy of God and man............the KOSMOKRATOS <---world ruler "found in Ephesians" under the hierarchy we are up against and why we need the WHOLE armor of GOD........

ljs

Jan 13, 2018
That is o.k. and your sword in this fight is appreciated and you do a fine job....keep swinging because the workers for, Cainologists and Pharisees are marching rank and file against the truth of God......
Thanks for saying that . Its an encouragement for me
Ive only been saved for 5 yrs , so Im not as mature as alot of you here , but I will keep swinging !