Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Can you keep gods commands as God requires? Just asking,
Another two that say we lose it if we do not tow the line letter and law........I am amazed how many reject, deny or flat refuse to acknowledge the truth that JESUS was born, lived and died under the LAW which ratified the NEW Covenant of grace......HIS WORDS must be interpreted IN LIGHT OF THIS TRUTH

E

eternally-gratefull

Well, unfortunately this particular forum IS the most hateful, contentious, spiteful forum and it's spilled over to other forums.. That's why I said you (general you) need thick skin to survive in here.

Jesus WAS harsh from time to time. People tend to dismiss THAT side of Him. He threatened to whip the money-changers, he called Peter a liar, and Judas a betrayer. Maybe He wasn't as bold about it as Dcon is, but if Jesus got through to people with harshness, so can Dcon. :) He's already stated with scripture that it is GOD who brings people to Him through US. By any means possible, even with harsh words..
Yes, because satan hates grace, and sends his warriors to attck it and the people who preach it. So it should not be a suprise to anyone!

Dec 12, 2013
Remember, she read the thread, so she should have seen your appologies, your humiliy, and whenyour brothers and sisters had to chasten you from time to time and you humbly confessed, as we have all had to do, because this topic can get us heated.

It does not mean we are proud, no matter ehat she says
I hear ya brother.......yet I am a troll, blasphemous, lost, in error and evil because I believe we play a part in leading people to Christ because we witness, plant, water, co-labor, proclaim and preach the word..........

Paul was clear....by doing the above WE PERSUADE MEN................and the scripture states as much.....

Dec 12, 2013
Yes, because satan hates grace, and sends his warriors to attck it and the people who preach it. So it should not be a suprise to anyone!
AMEN..........HE hates it and uses his minions to kill those who rightfully proclaim the blood....

EVEN CAIN who was of that wicked one<---what did this false teaching, working for, Cainologist do....HE killed his righteous brother ABEL which was a man of faith........

Dec 12, 2013
Can you believe the absurdity of some belief systems....

Unbeliever, Believer, Unbeliever, Believer, Unbeliever believer, Unbeliever........blah blah blah........

Lost, saved, lost, saved, lost, saved, lost, saved, lost, saved, lost, saved............blah blah blah...........

The Jesus that some...YEA MANY believe in is not the JESUS of the bible.................

UserX18

Oct 5, 2018
God already answered thatt question for us.
Romans 13:8 (KJV)
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Galatians 5:14 (KJV)
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

If you believe Jesus Christ a human, whoo had God’s spirit did not sin, then anyone who has God’s spirit will wholly obey God.

Dec 12, 2013
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

If you believe Jesus Christ a human, whoo had God’s spirit did not sin, then anyone who has God’s spirit will wholly obey God.
Except for the fact that numerous scriptures teach otherwise......such as Hebrews and the USE of CHASTISEMENT and WHO is CHASTENED of the LORD and WHY.........not to MENTION JOHN, DANIEL and others...

If WE say that WE have NO SIN, WE are deceived and the truth is not in US

JOHN, the disciple who JESUS loved, the same one who wrote 5 books of the bible said the above.

UserX18

Oct 5, 2018
This is the work of God.....that YOU BELIEVE ON THE ONE WHOM HE SENT<-those who have believed have already done the work of the Heavenly Father
Yees and I repeat, beliving is believing what he said.doing what hee says, what is the proof that you believe in Jesus if you’re nott living holy and obeying him?

It is lip service as Jesus simply said.

E

eternally-gratefull

So You love 100%

Yes, that Gods instruction on how we obey, but I asked do you obey all.

Thats what God requires. Or don’ you know this?

Dec 12, 2013
Yees and I repeat, beliving is believing what he said.doing what hee says, what is the proof that you believe in Jesus if you’re nott living holy and obeying him?

WITH the MOUTH confession is made UNTO salvation......it is faith that saves eternally....NOT works..........try again.

E

eternally-gratefull

We are talking about hOW one is saved, You do understand this correct?

The topic of sanctification is other threads.

Dec 12, 2013
We are talking about hOW one is saved, You do understand this correct?

The topic of sanctification is other threads.
How is it that people can read the OP of this thread and not understand that this thread is about biblical salvation and how WORKS do not help save, keep saved and or top off salvation.........WE have all said that true believers will bear fruit in some form or fashion and yet the simplicity that is found in Christ, when it comes to actually being saved, is swept out the door like dust.......

UserX18

Oct 5, 2018
You see I do not wish to contend, as some do, and I will not corrupt the word of God, as some do.

When John was talking about sin, he spoke different categories, all have sinned, then they are washed, do you go back to sin????

Answer my question..

Do you go back to sin?

Are you the pig that goes back to its mire..

Or the dog that goes back to his vomit,,,

Or are you the child, who remains a child forever, and never mature to be a young man who john also talked about?

Arre you the child who will refuse to bear fruits?

You see people who tend to avoid this holy living, it is evidently clear, that their hearts/consciences have not been washed, to accept that they have to live holy..

Answer again..

If the holy spirit is in you, will you sin?

Are you undermining the power and wisdom of God?

Or are you of the devil who John also talked about?

Or are you looking at one part of the bible and avoiding another? Just to satisfy your fleshy desires?

If no, to all these question, then start reading the bible again, believe and get saved. 😘❤️❤️😀💕💝

Dec 12, 2013
So You love 100%

Yes, that Gods instruction on how we obey, but I asked do you obey all.

Thats what God requires. Or don’ you know this?
What blows my mind is how many people actually believe in their minds that they are sinless and or they OBEY the LORD 100% and perfectly ALL the time........HOW many are oblivious to the USE of CHASTISEMENT and WHO it is that is actually chastened......THE bible states clearly that even the MOST righteous men of the bible confessed SIN which equates to being disobedient at times....

GOD named three MEN out of the OT and said that if ANY could be delivered by their own righteousness it would have been these THREE...DANIEL was one of the three......YET even DANIEL as one of the most righteous SINNERS to walk the earth had to CONFESS and did INDEED CONFESS his sins which is written in the BOOK of DANIEL......

TODAY, MANY believe that they exceed the righteousness of the most righteous men named in the bible.....even above the ONLY THREE named out of the entire HISTORY of the O.T...........

Blows my mind......

UserX18

Oct 5, 2018
OH now it is about me, not aboouut the word of God anymore, it is about my life now really, becaususe the word off God offendds you?

I’ll make the truth known to everyone okay.
It iss only the grace of devil that says if you sin, you will not surely die..

Genesis 3:4 and the serpent said unto the woman, yes shall not surely die.

Hebrews also talked about this...

Heb 10:26 if we sin willfully after receiving the knowledge of truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins..
You give blind eyes to these scriptures to be under the shadow of the grace of the devil. Believe in Chrrist andd be saved!!

Dec 12, 2013
You see I do not wish to contend, as some do, and I will not corrupt the word of God, as some do.

When John was talking about sin, he spoke different categories, all have sinned, then they are washed, do you go back to sin????

Answer my question..

Do you go back to sin?

Or are you the child, who remains a child forever, and never mature to be a young man who john also talked about?

You see people who tend to avoid this holy living, it is evidently clear, that their hearts/consciences have not been washed, to accept that they have to live holy..

Answer again..

Or are you looking at one part of the bible and avoiding another? Just to satisfy your fleshy desires?

If no, to all these question, then start reading the bible again, believe and get saved. 😘❤️❤️😀💕💝
Your whole premise falls apart due to the fact that JOHN wrote 1st JOHN after the resurrection, after he had already been saved and he admits PRESENT SIN.....

MAKE no mistake....if you think you are sinless or that you 100% obey the word of GOD.....take your own advice in your last line friend......

E

eternally-gratefull

Answer my question..

Do you go back to sin?

Answer again..

Once again, This is a pre-salvation (justification) thread. Not an after salvation (sanctification) thread. If you want to argue sanctification please open another thread. Especially if you do not believe in a works based salvation. Continuing to attempt to discuss this will lead people to believe you teach works. And if they do, you better not say anything, because you have been warned.

Dec 12, 2013
OH now it is about me, not aboouut the word of God anymore, it is about my life now really, becaususe the word off God offendds you?

Heb 10:26 if we sin willfully after receiving the knowledge of truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins..
You give blind eyes to these scriptures to be under the shadow of the grace of the devil. Believe in Chrrist andd be saved!!
The grace of the devil you say..........and I suggest Context...your HEBREWS quote to prove your point misses the mark.....

E

eternally-gratefull

Lol. Can you stick on topic? Or that to much to ask?

You do not go into a justificaiton thread and argue sanctification.

For one, it confuses people. And two it will lead people to think you teach works.

Now if you teach works, just say so. And we can discuss that

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
In regards to Hebrews 10:26, To "sin willfully" in the Greek carries the idea of deliberate intention that is habitual, which stems from rejecting Christ deliberately. This is CONTINUOUS ACTION - A MATTER OF PRACTICE. Now we don't walk along our daily life and "accidentally" fall into a pit called sin. We exercise our will but, the use of the participle clearly shows a CONTINUOUS ACTION. The unrighteous practice sin - (1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21); not the righteous, who are born of God - (1 Corinthians 6:11; 1 John 3:9).