Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
I am still waiting on him to quote book, chapter and verse to prove his "BIBLICAL" statement below....

UserX18 said:
You who say a mortal can not bee perfect is anti-christ
In all my extensive research in the Bible about this topic says that all are sinners and come short of the glory of God. The only perfect human was Jesus. As such he became the unblemished Lamb of God. That made his sacrifice acceptable.

He was both human and God!!

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
AMEN and welcome to CC........the simplicity found in Christ....eternal salvation based upon simple faith and the "IRREVOCABLE gift of life from God".......
Good Morning Decon, a mighty warrior for Jesus our King and Chief wood chopper in God's Kingdom..,:D

I like the fact that VCO honored those who are in support of the biblical doctrine of, "The Eternal Security of the Believer." A strong Christian will boast in Jesus Christ who took our place and shed His blood on that old wooden cross that we would have "Everlasting Life" This post is dedicated to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

The Security of Believers; or Sheep Who Will Never Perish
By: C. H. Spurgeon
September 5, 1889

Eternal Security : [John 10:27-30]
“My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.
I and the Father are one."

Our Savior did not teach his disciples to keep certain things for the instructed few who were able to receive them; but he commanded us to make known all the great truths, since they are necessary for conviction, for conversion, for edification, for sanctification, and for the perfecting of the people of God. Even to his rough opponents he spoke boldly. Right in the faces of his adversaries he preached this great, but humbling truth, “You do not believe because you are not my sheep.” [John 10:26] Your unbelief is evidence that you were not chosen, that you have not been called by the Spirit of God, and that you are still lost in your sins.

All the spiritual life which every sheep in the flock now possess has been given to them by their Shepherd. Never was there another flock of which this could be said. No shepherd but this one can give life to his sheep; but he gave them all the true life that they have. No, stop: he not only gave them life, but he sustains that life by a constant gift.

Observe, it is not written, “I 'gave' them eternal life,” but “I 'give' them eternal life.” They are always living by virtue of the life which he is always giving. They are constantly receiving life from him, according to that assurance, “Because I live, you also will live.” What he always gives they must always receive, and therefore it cannot cease.

Here is everlasting life to be had by believing in Christ. It is not temporary, but eternal life”, why, then they accept it as such. They believe in Christ for that, and according to their faith it is done to them; and the Lord and Giver of life is glorified in giving to them this great and splendid gift, the gift of all gifts. “I give my sheep eternal life.”

“‘Tis love that makes our willing feet
In swift obedience move.”

Our loving Lord "will not cast away those to whom he is bound" by the bonds of marriage.
“Well, but suppose we sin.” He will chasten us, and restore us.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Here is an old song that we sang in Church today. It felt good to sing I AM BOUND FOR GLORY again.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
thems got ears, let them hear
thems got eyes let them see
turn your eyes to the Lord of the skies!

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
What does Matt, 5:16 mean to the no works group?:

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven".

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven".
“Not saved by works” does not mean that believers produce no good works at all. Matthew 5:16 means just what it says and we are saved FOR good works and NOT BY good works (Ephesians 2:8-10). Faith in Christ is the root of salvation and good works are the fruit. Learn the difference.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017

What does it mean to the we must do works in order to be saved group?

What does it mean to no works group?

It means works do not save, we had no works to save in the first instance so why should they save us after coming to faith, genuine repentance of unbelief in Jesus.

Matthew 5:16
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Ephesians 2:10
10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

We do good works that were set before us, before we came to faith in order to glorify the father, not to glorify ourselves before the Father.

1 Peter 2:12
12 having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
“Not saved by works” does not mean that believers produce no good works at all. Matthew 5:16 means just what it says and we are saved FOR good works and NOT BY good works (Ephesians 2:8-10). Faith in Christ is the root of salvation and good works are the fruit. Learn the difference.
Hi Mailmandan, I am completely dumbfounded why intelligent people cannot understand that Christians do and will produce many good works over their lifetime but it is not the good works that will save a human soul or that keep them saved, it is God who saves and keeps you saved. Whats the big deal people, your good works cannot save a flea, see?

God bles

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Hi Mailmandan, I am completely dumbfounded why intelligent people cannot understand that Christians do and will produce many good works over their lifetime but it is not the good works that will save a human soul or that keep them saved, it is God who saves and keeps you saved. Whats the big deal people, your good works cannot save a flea, see?

God bles

This no works spin is a new age religion thing ... since the 1960's......to wedge against those who want to do G-d's work as He would have us to do.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017

God bles
The problem is that intelligence gets in the way or should I say "So called intelligence?

Like the Pharisees had?

Unlike the following man

Luke 18:9-14

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector
9 Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
This no works spin is a new age religion thing ... since the 1960's......to wedge against those who want to do G-d's work as He would have us to do.
And this we must do this and that in order to be saved is a new age thing as well.
In the new age of the Church established by Jesus through the teaching of the Apostles.

Which they came against.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
What does it mean to no works group?

It means works do not save, we had no works to save in the first instance so why should they save us after coming to faith, genuine repentance of unbelief in Jesus.

We do good works that were set before us, before we came to faith in order to glorify the father, not to glorify ourselves before the Father.
Amen Brother Bill, you could not have made it more clear than what you are saying here.

Quote BillG: "in order to glorify the father, 'not to glorify ourselves' before the Father."

Isaiah45:22 "Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.

Not By Works-Not By Works-Not By Works-Not By Works-Not By Works-Not By Works-Not By Works-Not By works Not By Works-Not By Works-Not By Works-Not By Works-Not By Works-Not By Works-Not By Works-Not By Works Not By Works-Not By Works-Not By Works-Not By Works-Not By Works-Not By Works-Not By Works-Not By Works

ljs

Jan 13, 2018
Where do you get that from ?

My mom has been a believer for almost 80 yrs ( way before the 60's ) and she has always known that shes not saved by her works , but by her faith thru God's grace

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Document your "new age spin" or else it is just your opinion. This is just a made up lie so you can continue your salvation by works false opinion, documentation please. Your notion that Christian are trying to put a wedge to stop God's work is a completely false made up statement, where is your proof of what you claim is happening?

1) There is no "wedge" like you say, Christians are doing good works around the world that God has prepared for us to do.
2) We are save by grace, "Not By Works" lest no one can boast.

Ephesians 2:8-10
8)
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God
9) not by works, so that no one can boast.
10) For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Dec 12, 2013
And the whole works as part of gaining or keeping salvation before God started with the first false teacher named CAIN and is still going strong today....ASK the MANY who think they know the LORD and have right to enter based upon their works in the name of JESUS......

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
In all my extensive research in the Bible about this topic says that all are sinners and come short of the glory of God. The only perfect human was Jesus. As such he became the unblemished Lamb of God. That made his sacrifice acceptable.

He was both human and God!!
Yes ..God in human form for better relatability to mankind...