Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
YOU ARE GUILTY OF THAT WHICH YOU DESCRIBED, because you will NOT ANSWER, What Church or Type of Church you attend, so that we can LOOK up their Doctrinal Statement of FAITH.
You asked me 10 questions 2 weeks ago that should have allowed you to know my doctrinal statement of faith. Go back to your post, or post the questions again, and i will answer them again. My church affiliation is my business, not yours. My posts make it clear where I come from. So ask away?

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
If we are a true believer/truly born of God, then we will practice righteousness and not sin. (1 John 3:9-10) All genuine believers are fruitful, but not all are equally fruitful. (Matthew 13:23)
I agree.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness" (Romans 1:18).

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (John 3:18).
If that was supposed to be a blast at me, let me help you to know me better:
1) I do not hold the truth in unrigheousness. I try to do the will of God to the best of my knowledge. I believe in God, I trust in God, I have faith in God, I have been born-again, I am engaged in the work of the Lord. I could do more, but I do try to walk in the good works that he has before ordained for me to walk in.

2) I believe in the name of the only begotten Son of God, thus according to the scripture I am not condemned. In fact according to John 3:16, since I believe in the only begotten Son of God, I am saved, just like you think you are saved.

So why the 2 terrible scriptures?

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Mixing works with grace is what God says to do.

He gives the grace for us to do the good works.
That is not a counterfeit gospel.

AND, we are only sealed for as long as we WANT TO BE.
Thank you for exposing your counterfeit gospel, now everybody has your number,

And I have never met you before this day ad you are absolutely the most rude person I have met on the forum.

Dec 12, 2013
This isn't the 1st century and the biblebaptist guy isn't John or Jesus or Paul.

He's a Christian like I am and I treated him with respect and expect to be treated the same.
No one here is FORCED to speak to anyone they don't feel comfy with.

BTW, since you're so interested in the 1st century, do you also believe what the 1st century theologians taught?? Also known as the Early Church Fathers.
Does not matter and you missed the point....was Jesus Christian or Paul? How about John? The point is...God's people are easily offended in this age and for the most part have no ability to take a little heat, sarcasm and or being questioned intently with zeal.......I read what he wrote and IMO it was not that big of a deal nor was it anti-Christian.......just saying

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Thank you for exposing your counterfeit gospel, now everybody has your number,

And I have never met you before this day ad you are absolutely the most rude person I have met on the forum.

Having just read some of his/ her posts, I tend to agree...

Dec 12, 2013
That is the custom of religious man since Cain placed his Christian brother Abel on permanent ignore. It is certainly in your power to do so.
Several things wrong with this post.....I can think of three right off the top of my head.......wisdom is justified of her children.....!

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
"that passive aggressive snarky entitled head strong attitude isnt the best way to get what you ask for"

i dont agree with your understandings.... much of what you said regarding the meaning of scriptures does not match up with the truth....

but in that post specifically how you tied the verses bill said to purgatory

i disagree with your perspective

and that passive aggressive snarky entitled head strong attitude isnt the best way to get what you ask for ....
Thank you Mcgee, that is the most rude poster I have ever met on any forum and her gospel is as fake as a three dollar bill.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Mixing grace with works is NOT what God tells us to do. It is BY His grace, that we are saved FOR good works.. Good works won't get you into heaven. Nor will they secure you a ticket to salvation..

I dunno where you get this from, but it's absolute bull :poop::poop:..

Dec 12, 2013
Mixing grace with works is NOT what God tells us to do. It is BY His grace, that we are saved FOR good works.. Good works won't get you into heaven. Nor will they secure you a ticket to salvation..

I dunno where you get this from, but it's absolute bull :poop::poop:..
Called religion or Cainology......

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
HAHAHAHAHHA good....we have another one posting that will make the plenteous in number grouping based upon a false theology and oil water mixture of grace and works FOR......
Yeah I see that.. and their oil and water ain't good for nothing except salad dressing.. lol

Dec 12, 2013
Mixing works with grace is what God says to do.
He gives the grace for us to do the good works.
That is not a counterfeit gospel.
And how do YOU know who is saved and who is not?
Did God go on vacation and leave YOU in charge??
Only God knows who is saved.

Galatians 6:7-10
7Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.
8For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.
9Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.
10So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith.

We are not to be deceived...we are to do good
and IN TIME we will reap what we sow IF we do not grow weary.

Those that believe they are somehow "sealed" in the Holy Spirit are sadly mistaken since this expression is not even understood in our day.

AND, we are only sealed for as long as we WANT TO BE.
FALSE GOSPEL ALERT..............especially the last two lines.........let us guess...you understand it though right...HAHAH wow........shakes head at the ignorance

Dec 12, 2013
Please just don't respond like you have above.
Please explain why, that would be very helpful.

Ta
Good luck Bill....
@NoNameMcgee

Hey, what don't you agree with?
God gave us a mouth to talk.
I'll be waiting.
And you were mouthing another member for not being Christian.......two Greek words together = hypocrite

Dec 12, 2013
You know......the bible is clear concerning what saves a man...by grace through faith we are given the irrevocable gift of life.....I have seen the workers for state the following....

a. We are not saved right now
b. We are not sealed in this life by the Spirit
c. We cannot understand the sealing of the spirit
d. They conflate justification with on going sanctification
e. They peddle the same belief that Jesus equates to the MANY that come before his throne saying Lord, Lord......

By the bible's doctrine and according to their own doctrine the above statements make complete sense when dealing with those who embellish faith with their self help guru doctrine......

ljs

Jan 13, 2018
If we are " In Christ " We can never lose our salvation cause we didnt earn it !!!!!!!!!!!!

If you think you can lose it , that means you believe your doing something to earn it !!!!!