Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Morning all...For those who believe Salvation comes when we face Almighty God , maybe this Scripture will help you...

2 Corinthians 6:2
2 For He says:
“In an acceptable time I have heard you,
And in the day of salvation I have helped you.”
Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation...

Today is the day , tomorrow could be to late , God saved us the day He called us and we answered Him , those who answered His call and said " Yes LORD , here I am " and have accepted our LORD Jesus Christ as our Savior are Gods children today , those who believe that they are only saved when face the LORD will not receive the Kingdom of God...I truly hope your eyes will be opened , in Jesus name Amen...

Psalm 118:24
This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it. ..Tomorrow is not guaranteed , seek the LORD and He will be found...xox...

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Acts 26:22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:
you've distorted the context:

That is why some Jews seized me in the temple courts and tried to kill me. But God has helped me to this very day; so I stand here and testify to small and great alike.
(Acts 26:21-22)

God didn't '
help Paul save himself' -- that's not what this verse is about

Rom. 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
also not about 'help achieving salvation' but about succor while waiting for it to be revealed in the flesh

As is your religious custom you ignore the entire point of Paul's message
right. what's Paul's message?

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners
(1 Timothy 1:15)

to save not 'to help sinners save themselves'
you ignore it; you twist it; you spit on it.

Rom. 11:
11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fullness?
notice it says salvation is come -- not 'something to make it a little easier for Gentiles to save themselves' -- salvation

What is so sad is you have absolutely zero understanding of what Paul is telling you here, because if you did, you would drop your face in the dirt and beg forgiveness.
you have no idea what i do or do not do; you only curse & accuse without cause

23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief (disobedience), shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
it's very disrespectful to stick your own private interpretations into the scripture as tho they belong there. they don't.

notice that it is God who grafts -- not you who He 'gives some tools so that you may graft yourself'
and it is unbelief -- unbelief in what? -- for which they did not attain what they sought to attain for themselves.

you do not believe Christ has done what is sufficient to save you. you do not believe you are saved; you do not believe Christ saves - you preach that He merely simplified the priesthood making it easier for you to save yourself. you do not believe His work is effective; you think you have to '
help' Him

dude, when the people came to Canaan, they did not enter, because of unbelief.
God promised them, that He Himself will fight for them, that He Himself would drive out the heathen before them.
and they faltered in unbelief, thinking they had to do this themselves, and fearing that they could not.
God told them He would do the work, but they did not trust Him.

In spite of this, you did not trust in the Lord your God, who went ahead of you on your journey, in fire by night and in a cloud by day, to search out places for you to camp and to show you the way you should go.
(Deuteronomy 1:32-33)

we are not talking about help in our infirmities, to succor us.
we are talking about the salvation of your soul, to enter into life -- and it is not by works.
it is not something you earn for yourself through careful observation of days and rigorous asceticism.
it is the gift of God, by grace through faith -- you don't 'help' Him save you. He doesn't need your help; He desires your trust and belief - as a child - not as a teenager who thinks he knows better than God. but a vain teen grows into an adult and realizes one day that his parents were right. maybe you too, will one day discard your pride and see the Lord for who He is and find something to rejoice over, and to thank Him in every moment and circumstance

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
the problem with this is- it is not us that consider ourselves immortal. it is- YOU THINK JESUS WAS JUST A MORTAL. that is why you cannot understand what we are saying.

wouldn't it be great if Studydude actually got saved, tho?
he has much zeal

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
What spirit would want me to believe I don't "NEED" God's help in this life?
deliberate lie & mischaracterization of the good news being preached?
or lack of understanding and confusion?

take the shield of faith -- faith in what? ourselves? the righteousness of our works?

We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters, about the troubles we experienced in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt we had received the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and He will deliver us again. On Him we have set our hope that He will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.
(2 Corinthians 1:8-11)

what does it say? that our hope is that by keeping a law of works we will deliver ourselves?

Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.
Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: “The person who does these things will live by them.” But the righteousness that is by faith says: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ down) “or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
(Romans 10:3-9)

is the one whose personal gospel is '
hate pharisees' any different than the objects of his loathing?

E

eternally-gratefull

Anyone can claim anything,anytime, anyhow but what does the bible say?

Walking in the Light.. .This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives. John 1:5-10

Listening and Doing ....My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does. If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:19-27
So your perfect? You can go 24/7 without thinking of self and putting your needs over the needs of others once?

E

eternally-gratefull

We have to participate in the WORK OF THE GOSPEL

When we share the WORD to other people, it will grow and bear good fruits if it falls on the good soil. The bible warns us about the seed sown by the enemy. The bible ALWAYS warns us not to be DECEIVED. Don’t let the evil one snatch it away so as to fall away when trials, temptations, troubles,worries of this world and the deceitfulness of wealth comes.

LET US HUMBLY ACCEPT THE WORD THAT IS PLANTED IN US, WHICH CAN SAVE US

...Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers. 1 timothy 4:16

...test the Spirit if they are from God. 1 john 4:1

... At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. Matthew 24:10-13
The work of the gospel is to SAVE SOULS.

Not to make us all pharisees.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
Once again all you prove is your ignorance, or refusal to listen to a word anyone says.

Thats why I continue to ask people why they bother to respond to you. It is worthless talking to you.

If you do not listen to people. How do you expect to have a conversation with them? You can;t/ all you do is prove you have no desire to discuss anything, all you want to do is judge and prove yourself right at all costs.

Good luck man, I am done with your nonsense. You have no idea what I believe,and this post proves it, and quite frankly I am sick of trying to explain it to you. If I want to play Games, I have grandkids.
And yet once again, it is you who refuses to listen to me, it is you who refuse to even acknowledge my post, it is you who lacks the spiritual courage to answer the questions I pose in direct response to what you actually say. In response to your word that you type on this forum.

I knew you would only mock and ridicule. Jesus said so.

E

eternally-gratefull

And yet once again, it is you who refuses to listen to me, it is you who refuse to even acknowledge my post, it is you who lacks the spiritual courage to answer the questions I pose in direct response to what you actually say. In response to your word that you type on this forum.

I knew you would only mock and ridicule. Jesus said so.
You do not get it.

If you tell me I believe or preach something that i don’t and time after time you continue to do so even though you are told by person after person we do not believe that. Thus, you have lost the ability or the priviledge of having anyone listen to you, you are untrustworthy when you can not even humble yourself to listen to others.

Don’t demand people to listen to you when you refuse to listen to them.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Not my definition of believe, but the Word of God which became Flesh's definition, as our perfect example of Faith, written for our admonition, shows us.
Your "definition" of "believe" is "obedience/works," as is the definition of faith/believe for Roman Catholics and other works-salvationists as well. It's all about WORKS SALVATION with you in Hebrew Roots fashion (similar to SDA's) as you have demonstrated numerous times. :(

Here is a statement below from a Roman Catholic who makes the same error that you do in defining faith/believe:

We ARE saved by faith - as long as you properly define "Faith". Faith is NOT simply "believing". Faith INCLUDES: Being water baptized, eating His body and drinking His blood/partaking the Lord's Supper during Mass, works of mercy and charity, obeying his commandments, doing the will of the Father etc..

For you, "faith/believe" is "defined" as "obeying commandments, statues, laws," as demonstrated by your argument from Genesis 26:4. You don't seem to make a "distinction" between faith "and" works in your religion. :cautious:

What's interesting and ironic is that prior to making this statement to me, this Roman Catholic told me that the Roman Catholic church "does not teach salvation by works," yet he clearly contradicted himself by that statement above in blue. :cautious:

Gen. 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; 5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
In Genesis 15:15, we read - Then He brought him outside and said, “Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.” 6 Abram believed the Lord, and He credited it to him as righteousness.

*Nothing there in Genesis 15:5-6 about Abram "kept my charge, my commandments, my statues and my laws" and it was "credited to him for righteousness." That is not the definition of believe and what you are teaching is salvation by works -- Hebrew Roots smoke and mirrors. :(

In James 2:21, notice closely that James does not say that Abraham's work of offering up Isaac resulted in God's accounting Abraham as righteous. The accounting of Abraham's faith as righteousness was made in Genesis 15:6, many years before his work of offering up Isaac recorded in Genesis 22 and the declaration in Genesis 26.

The work of Abraham did not have some kind of intrinsic merit to account him as righteous, but it showed or manifested the genuineness of his faith. This is the sense in which Abraham was "justified by works." He was "shown to be righteous." When Abraham performed the good work in Genesis 22; he fulfilled the expectations created by the pronouncement of his faith in Genesis 15:6.

For if Abraham was justified (accounted as righteous) by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it (faith, not works) was accounted to him for righteousness.” 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. 5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works. :) (y)

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
the problem with this is- it is not us that consider ourselves immortal. it is- YOU THINK JESUS WAS JUST A MORTAL. that is why you cannot understand what we are saying.
I have the Word of God, you have mainstream religion. That is why you can't believe the Christ "Came in the Flesh", and I can.

He died and was resurrected by God the Father. God's can't die. He was the Firstfruit of Many. First fruit of what? Humans who are given the gift of immortality? No, according to your religion, He wasn't a human. So what is He the Firstfruit of? God's that were given immortality?

You see G9, while you ridicule and mock those of us who trust in Him over the religions of the world, you are ignorant of just how foolish and blind you sound. And when folks try to show you, not their religion, but the Word's of God, you mock and ridicule them. It's an age old problem with humans that can be overcome by the Word of God. Not the Pope, or other religions who preach the Christ never really came in the Flesh, but the Word of God who risked His immortality, His Life, so that I may live.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
The work of the gospel is to SAVE SOULS.

Not to make us all pharisees.
Amen! The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16). To “believe” the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. (y)

The gospel is not a set of rituals to perform, a code of laws to be obeyed or a check list of good works to accomplish as a prerequisite for salvation. That is a "different" gospel. That salvation is by grace through faith and is not by works (Ephesians 2:8,9) is not hard to understand. It's just hard for works-salvationists to ACCEPT. It's a shame that HUMAN PRIDE will not allow works-salvationists to receive Christ through FAITH. Their hands are full of their works and they will not let go in order to receive Christ through FAITH. :(

*Christ's finished work of redemption is sufficient and complete to save believers (Romans 3:24-28). *No supplements needed. :)

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I have the Word of God, you have mainstream religion. That is why you can't believe the Christ "Came in the Flesh", and I can.

He died and was resurrected by God the Father. God's can't die. He was the Firstfruit of Many. First fruit of what? Humans who are given the gift of immortality? No, according to your religion, He wasn't a human. So what is He the Firstfruit of? God's that were given immortality?

You see G9, while you ridicule and mock those of us who trust in Him over the religions of the world, you are ignorant of just how foolish and blind you sound. And when folks try to show you, not their religion, but the Word's of God, you mock and ridicule them. It's an age old problem with humans that can be overcome by the Word of God. Not the Pope, or other religions who preach the Christ never really came in the Flesh, but the Word of God who risked His immortality, His Life, so that I may live.
I have stated to you many times- Jesus was fully God and fully man.

he said of Himself- " I can lay my life down and take it up again. no one can take it from me".

the Disciples said Him " who is this that even the wind and rain obey Him." obey Him. studyman. not the Father,

oh, and then there's this " Lazarus come forth ".

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
GB9 puts a like on my post, but can't be bothered to say "good morning, Blue"..

I see how it is now..

*GB9 steals my coffee while I'm typing this*

OHO!! So THAT's why you no say good morning to me!! Coffee thief!! Angry.png

Tongue Out (3).png

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
while you ridicule and mock those of us who trust in Him over the religions of the world,
that's you tho, not gb9 or EG. EG is trusting in Him, not in religious works. that's how he comes to be eternally-gratefull :)
that's what you slander him for, for being grateful and believing.

you have said yourself, you are not saved, you don't believe He came to save you, and you believe that you are going to earn a wage of eternal life by establishing your own righteousness through your own personal religion of works.

maybe one day you'll believe, but you keep telling us that you do not.

'lord, lord did I not mostly keep *selected portions of* the Sinai covenant? did I not daily accuse the brethren in your name?'

is that what you are planning to plead?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Dec 12, 2013
please indicate your point on sharing this
His point was obvious......He claimed to keep the law/commandments of God....I called him on it....He switched gears and posted some misdirected scriptures about love....I called him on that and told him to address his original statements about keeping the LAW and then he posted the above drivel.....

Playing like HE is JESUS and we are attempting to trap him by his words....which are false by the way.....and his misdirection speaks volumes to his motive and deception.....

Dec 12, 2013
how many work salvationist does it take to change a lightbulb?

numbers are irrelevant, they are trying to work for the lightbulb, and even if the lightbulb is changed, they are trying to work to maintain that lightbulb for fear that the lightbulb is losable
How many works does it take to change a light bulb?

ONE MORE....

Dec 12, 2013
Once again all you prove is your ignorance, or refusal to listen to a word anyone says.

Thats why I continue to ask people why they bother to respond to you. It is worthless talking to you.

If you do not listen to people. How do you expect to have a conversation with them? You can;t/ all you do is prove you have no desire to discuss anything, all you want to do is judge and prove yourself right at all costs.

Good luck man, I am done with your nonsense. You have no idea what I believe,and this post proves it, and quite frankly I am sick of trying to explain it to you. If I want to play Games, I have grandkids.
Best thing we can do....ignore his blather........