Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ariel82

Just in case you wanted Jesus as a man telling of his death and resurrection and not Jesus as a Spirit like in the fire with Daniel's three friends.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
if the concept of OSAS can file harassment charges, BDF will receive the charge as thick as a phone book!

since OSAS is considered as a "dead horse topic"
harassed and picked on

we believe in eternal security, we must defend the truth.
And they want to DRAG us down to the INSECURITY they have in Christ.

I am SO GLAD that I had Teachers disciplining me THAT ABSOLUTELY BELIEVED IN OSAS 100% SECURITY IN CHRIST.

What a Bummer of a False Gospel that leaves you INSECURE.

SAVED AND SURE OF IT!

T

theanointedsinner

I am SO GLAD that I had Teachers disciplining me THAT ABSOLUTELY BELIEVED IN OSAS 100% SECURITY IN CHRIST.

SAVED AND SURE OF IT!
for since we are surrounded by a great cloud of witness (probably chanting "V C O", "V C O", as in "fight, fight, fight") let us throw off every weight (including all the false gospels we hear about) and the sin of deception that so easily entangle us.

And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus <-- and I love to use hand motions to help me mesmerize this verse if you an imagine. (running motion with arms, and both straight open hands pointing at a direction as if to tell myself to "focus")

he endured the cross, scorning its shame

3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Hebrews 12:1-3

may we be encouraged, and fun facts: the professor who witnessed to me at my college kept showing me Hebrews 12:1-3 and I start to "get the pattern", an encouraging verse to memorize

T

theanointedsinner

See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. For in Him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, and you have been filled in Him, who is the head of all rule and authority.
(Colossians 2:8-10)
posthuman, I have a bone to pick with you, if that's even humerus at all

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018

SAVED AND SURE OF IT!
Who are THEY?
Aren't we Christians all one family??

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
More drivel.....sorry...scripture out of context to prove a point that is not there is not going to fly with me.......your view above rejects, and denies many biblical truths applied unto those who are actually saved, take numerous verses out of context to peddle a salvation that can be lost or maintained by your own effort, denies the powers and promises of Christ and devalues the very verses I used in my OP.........too be frank, your view is exactly what the "plenteous in number" group peddles, embraces and spews.....LORD, LORD have we not done MANY wonderful works in YOUR NAME.....

a. They claim JESUS as LORD as YOU DO
b. You fully expect to maintain your salvation and enter the kingdom based upon what you have done

You are also CONFLATING justification with ongoing sanctification while ignoring the biblical proof that LOVING God is a process of growth and maturity subject to successes and failure......

NO thanks to your religionism......I will take grace through faith = eternal life, justification, salvation, sanctified positionally and sealed UNTO the day of redemption while being saved to the UTTERMOST by incorruptible seed and KEPT by the power of GOD through said faith.
Listening and Doing
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and HUMBLY ACCEPT THE WORD PLANTED IN YOU, WHICH CAN SAVE YOU. Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. DO WHAT IT SAYS Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does. If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:19-27

Here's just some of the WORD that the Lord Jesus spoke that you should HUMBLY accept;

He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: “‘These people honor me WITH THEIR LIPS, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; THEIR TEACHINGS ARE BUT RULES TAUGHT BY MEN.’ You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.” And he said to them: “YOU HAVE A FINE WAY OF SETTING ASIDE THE COMMANDS OF GOD in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.’ But you say that if a man says to his father or mother: ‘Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is Corban’ (that is, a gift devoted to God), then you no longer let him do anything for his father or mother. Thus YOU NULLIFY THE WORD OF GOD by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.” Matthew 15:3-9, Mark 7:6-13

Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.” Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. HE WHO DOES NOT LOVE ME WILL NOT OBEY MY TEACHING. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. John 14:21,23-24

T

theanointedsinner

book of the bible I recommend for new believers

book of Romans
book of Galatians

start with those, good recommendation?

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
Who are THEY?
Jesus is only going to be faithful to those that are faithful to him. Those that come to believe in him through the Holy Spirit, those who have faith in him, and are faithful to him in doing those things that have before been ordained for them to do.

Jesus says that those that believe in me will be saved, that is true. Those that really believe will be faithful to him and do those thngs that have before been ordained for them to do. Fake believers will not be about Jesus's works. So doing good works is the sign that you are really saved.

Everyone can say they believe, and fake that. But those that are not willing to engage in the work of the Lord, expose their real selves. They are not really saved.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I can just look at what he said, If he believes what he said is true, He literally said Jesus was God before he came to earth. I am not gonna judge him based on what other people think. We have to. Many people doing this.

If you know what they belioeve, question him on those principles. I will look for the answers. I woudl have no idea how to question him because I never heard of those views.
of course

i only thought to help, because i've known dude to be very evasive over certain questions. for example, he's replied to your question several times now with lengthy posts that do not in any way address your question.

'
kenosis' is the doctrine that Jesus was not God in the flesh. 100% human, 100% not divine at all. the name comes from the Greek word 'to empty' found in Philippians 2:5-8 --

Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,[a] who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,[b] but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant,[c] being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Footnotes:

1. Philippians 2:5 Or which was also in Christ Jesus
  2. Philippians 2:6 Or a thing to be held on to for advantage
  3. Philippians 2:7 Or slave (for the contextual rendering of the Greek word doulos, see Preface)
as i understand dude, tho he says Christ was God, he believes He no longer was God anymore once He took on flesh. he says "gods do not die" he believes that God can cease to be God. perhaps if pressed he will say John 1 says the Word was God, means that He's not anymore?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
proverb is an easy book to read?

what are you?

oh right, you do have a technical brain:geek: <-- that's you
Romans & Galatians are easy to read? :rolleyes:

Proverbs is extremely useful book, especially as the young grow old, if they take it to heart in how to live their lives. not easy book. but because it's not easy it remains useful for ones whole life to keep reading and trying to put it into practice. the things in it help one read and understand every other book, like Romans does, giving understanding of the gospel, to help properly understand what is said and why it's said in all the other epistles. :)

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
Listening and Doing
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and HUMBLY ACCEPT THE WORD PLANTED IN YOU, WHICH CAN SAVE YOU. Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. DO WHAT IT SAYS Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does. If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:19-27

Here's just some of the WORD that the Lord Jesus spoke that you should HUMBLY accept;

He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: “‘These people honor me WITH THEIR LIPS, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; THEIR TEACHINGS ARE BUT RULES TAUGHT BY MEN.’ You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.” And he said to them: “YOU HAVE A FINE WAY OF SETTING ASIDE THE COMMANDS OF GOD in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.’ But you say that if a man says to his father or mother: ‘Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is Corban’ (that is, a gift devoted to God), then you no longer let him do anything for his father or mother. Thus YOU NULLIFY THE WORD OF GOD by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.” Matthew 15:3-9, Mark 7:6-13

Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.” Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. HE WHO DOES NOT LOVE ME WILL NOT OBEY MY TEACHING. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. John 14:21,23-24
At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure. Luke 10:21

And he said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. “And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. “Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come! If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell. Matthew 18:3-9

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Who are THEY?

You KNOW what I was talking about. Those us WHO absolutely believe in OSAS, the true Theology of SECURITY IN CHRIST; and those from the opposite side of the FENCE, who falsely belief you are not saved until the end of life.

If the Shoe FITS, wear it.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
of course

i only thought to help, because i've known dude to be very evasive over certain questions. for example, he's replied to your question several times now with lengthy posts that do not in any way address your question.

'kenosis' is the doctrine that Jesus was not God in the flesh. 100% human, 100% not divine at all. the name comes from the Greek word 'to empty' found in Philippians 2:5-8 --

Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,[a] who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,[b] but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant,[c] being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
Footnotes:
  1. Philippians 2:5 Or which was also in Christ Jesus
  2. Philippians 2:6 Or a thing to be held on to for advantage
  3. Philippians 2:7 Or slave (for the contextual rendering of the Greek word doulos, see Preface)
as i understand dude, tho he says Christ was God, he believes He no longer was God anymore once He took on flesh. he says "gods do not die" he believes that God can cease to be God. perhaps if pressed he will say John 1 says the Word was God, means that He's not anymore?
@eternally-gratefull

for example ((not as tho he hasn't explicitly made this doctrine of his known but this reference is easy to find and recent)) here in post #75435 dude writing to Bill says,

So you believe Jesus was an immortal God at 30 years old, and yet He didn't have the Holy Spirit? If He was the Holy spirit, and God the Father, and God the Son, why did God have to send it to Him? And before this day, are you teaching that He didn't have the spirit of God? How can He be God, and not have the Spirit of God.
as you can see he is presuming that Christ, God, didn't have the Spirit of God ((Christ, that is - His own Spirit)) until He was baptized by John. i'd be happy to discuss His baptism in more detail but i'll leave off for the sake of brevity just now. that's kenosis, and it is the belief that Christ was not God while on earth.

personally i believe God is never not God.

T

theanointedsinner

You KNOW what I was talking about. Those us WHO absolutely believe in OSAS, the true Theology of SECURITY IN CHRIST; and those from the opposite side of the FENCE, who falsely belief you are not saved until the end of life.

If the Shoe FITS, wear it.
God is a good blacksmith who crafted a good sword for us

and mental association strangely lead me to think "ba ba blacksmith, have ye any wool"

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
btw,

I believe He was a man, and that He died. To believe He wasn't a man, but an immortal God, is to believe He really never died.
i think it's hilarious how you aver that God cannot die but you have no compunction regarding God not actually being God
what does the Bible say about whether God is ever not God?

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God
(Isaiah 40:28)

the same yesterday, today, and forever :)