Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
In today's world, bulling is leading to riots, violence, suppression and much more. It is a very serious matter, beginning in our education system.

benhur

Feb 8, 2018
Partaking in communion doesn't mean you think it saves you. It's symbolic, a rememberance not a magic ritual that is required to kept to be part of God's family
Who said anything about being saved by communion, or taking the bread and wine of the Lord's supper. Jesus is the one that said to eat and drink in rememberance of him. So, do you follow Jesus's words and partake of the bread and wine of the Lord's supper once in a while, or do you refuse, thinking it is a good work that never saves, so why do it?

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Who said anything about being saved by communion, or taking the bread and wine of the Lord's supper. Jesus is the one that said to eat and drink in rememberance of him. So, do you follow Jesus's words and partake of the bread and wine of the Lord's supper once in a while, or do you refuse, thinking it is a good work that never saves, so why do it?
Here you go again twisting the meaning of God's word; Your question is do you partake of the Lord's Supper, "once in a while" But Jesus said to His disciple's to partake as, "often", as you remember, He did not say partake "once in a while", those are your choice of words.

The words spoken at "The Last Supper" should be spoken of 'In Reverence' and 'In a Holy Respect' to our Savior who is about to be betrayed and then arrested and put on a mock up trial and suffer the most horrible death anyone could imagine death by crucifixion.

Christian's should partake in 'The Lord's Supper' only if you have a right spirit within and only if you are a true believer in the Son of God and you place your hope of eternal life in Him. The bible say's if you partake of the 'Lords Supper' in an 'unworthy manner' you do eat and drink judgement unto yourself.

1 Corinthians11:23-26
23)
For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus
in the night in which He was betrayed took bread;
24) and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “This is My body, which is for you;
do this in remembrance of Me.”
25) In the same way He took the cup also after supper, saying, This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, 'as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”
26) For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.

Dec 12, 2013
Here you go again twisting the meaning of God's word; Your question is do you partake of the Lord's Supper, "once in a while" But Jesus said to His disciple's to partake as, "often", as you remember, He did not say partake "once in a while", those are your choice of words.

The words spoken at "The Last Supper" should be spoken of 'In Reverence' and 'In a Holy Respect' to our Savior who is about to be betrayed and then arrested and put on a mock up trial and suffer the most horrible death anyone could imagine death by crucifixion.

Christian's should partake in 'The Lord's Supper' only if you have a right spirit within and only if you are a true believer in the Son of God and you place your hope of eternal life in Him. The bible say's if you partake of the 'Lords Supper' in an 'unworthy manner' you do eat and drink judgement unto yourself.

1 Corinthians11:23-26
23)
For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus
in the night in which He was betrayed took bread;
24) and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “This is My body, which is for you;
do this in remembrance of Me.”
25) In the same way He took the cup also after supper, saying, This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, 'as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”
26) For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.
I think the other day is the first time I responded to his drivel and blather recently........he is one of a handful that seems to be an utter waste of time.......vacillates like the waves of surfer's paradise in Australia.....

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
the only thing "required" to get saved = faith in God's grace

The problem for us is, what's the least amount of evidence it takes to confirm that we did have faith

it seems that if such evidence exist that we'd be strongly tempted to place our faith in those evidence.

but at the same time, we are somehow capable of doubting
believing that those evidence might not be enough

clearly, it takes a long time for assurance to "catch up" to that instantaneous event of salvation.

ljs

Jan 13, 2018
@theanointedwinner God knows our heart , there will be some in heaven who were saved , but had no good works to show
They will be saved yet so as by fire ( 1st Corinthians 3:15 )

Salvation ... Free Gift
Rewards in Heaven ...Works

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
if there's a worry that ...
I might not have been fully focused on wanting salvation for myself, as much as I should

let's see what possible attempts do we have for resolving this problem ...

if insufficient focused, how can I be better focused (focus is also God's gift)
and, if enough, then where to draw the line?

if no one here worries about this kind of dilemma, not even secretly

can we say that, such dilemma never occurred, and that the worry that leads to such unusual weird strange off the wall, unheard of dilemma ... that most likely, the enemy is trying to distract us with unnecessary worry, or else it would be important enough to be hotly debated. hmm ...

ljs

Jan 13, 2018
not sure what your saying ?
are u unsure of your salvation ?

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
On March 13, 2017, (which is what the date that my testimony refers to, when I prayed for salvation) I might not have been fully focused on wanting salvation for myself, as much as I should. I was thinking of other things of God like: evangelism, and that if I see this amazing event of being saved and see what it's like, I might know what that's like, being able to explain it, and that might help evangelism. Distracting thoughts like that.

that should not be an issue, right?

PS: @ljs, we would definitely want more good listeners like you, BDF would be a better place with more listeners

and, if you are interested, you can read my testimony in my signature down below

ljs

Jan 13, 2018
dinner time for me , will come back later and read your testimony

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
the only thing "required" to get saved = faith in God's grace

The problem for us is, what's the least amount of evidence it takes to confirm that we did have faith

it seems that if such evidence exist that we'd be strongly tempted to place our faith in those evidence.

but at the same time, we are somehow capable of doubting
believing that those evidence might not be enough

clearly, it takes a long time for assurance to "catch up" to that instantaneous event of salvation.
The morning after my salvation = born again, I went to everyone I knew and some people I did not know and told them that "Jesus Christ was my savior" and that God saved me in the quiet of my home last night.

I was so happy, with an inward Joy of the Lord that cannot be explained and that I wanted to tell everyone I knew that I was born again. That was the evidence that I was born again, simple faith not complicated and Joy unspeakable like I have never had before in my life.

After my salvation I enrolled in a 12 week fundamentals of the faith bible class so that I could learn and grow and become grounded in my new faith. It has been full speed ahead for 40yrs and no looking back. Pure and simple faith in Jesus Christ and a penitent heart searching for God.

The gospel of Jesus Christ people is not complicated, look unto the Lord and though shall be saved, simple easy true gospel.

God bless!

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
I was so happy, with an inward Joy of the Lord that cannot be explained <-- truth, you probably felt like an immortal and enjoying that idea

hopefully, no one misread or misunderstand you and shoot you judgmental looks that can kill your joy or something

A

Ariel82

Wow...how often does one have to say that knowing good works doesn't save doesn't mean you don't do good works.

What changes is the Reason for doing them.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Wow...how often does one have to say that knowing good works doesn't save doesn't mean you don't do good works.

What changes is the Reason for doing them.

Learn to give the MOTIVE for your Good Works, would help a lot.

The ONLY MOTIVE THAT IS ACCEPTED BY GOD IS LOVE, that same kind of LOVE that he poured into your heart, Rom. 5:5.

Any other MOTIVE is worthless to God, as it is like FILTHY RAGS.

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
Learn to give the MOTIVE for your Good Works, would help a lot.

The ONLY MOTIVE THAT IS ACCEPTED BY GOD IS LOVE, that same kind of LOVE that he poured into your heart, Rom. 5:5.

Any other MOTIVE is worthless to God, as it is like FILTHY RAGS.
my motives always fall short, it's most of the time "at least it's toward the right direction", but I guess I'm still young in the faith

Dec 12, 2013
@theanointedwinner God knows our heart , there will be some in heaven who were saved , but had no good works to show
They will be saved yet so as by fire ( 1st Corinthians 3:15 )

Salvation ... Free Gift
Rewards in Heaven ...Works
Exactly....the simplicity found in Christ........embellished and over complicated by the workers for and Cainologists....

ljs

Jan 13, 2018
how do i view the annointedwinner's testimony ?