Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
, Oh yes there was and is, the man denies every plain scripture there is and twists them to his heart's content. If he could admit a scripture means what it says it does that would really be refreshing but haven't seen one yet (that I can remember anyway)
Not really.

You twist it as much as he thinks you do.
If you could admit a scripture as to what means as well.

It's reciprocal but it gives you no excuse to assume "EG do you not have a Bible or read it?
Has EG asked you that question?
If so I'll respond to him as I have to you

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
LOL,

OK Billy, whatever you say. But all this still doesn't erase the fact that you preach "Jesus would say" obedience to God has no bearing in Salvation," when Jesus Himself exposes this preaching as a deception.

You forgive me for telling you the truth? And you have ignored my posts and refused to answer question since the first time we engaged. So you can go ahead and play the victim as if you are pure as the wind driven snow and I have never offered to have a discussion. But you and I both know this too, is a lie just like your statement that you won't hold "it" against me.
Once again you lie and you slander me and many others.

It comes down to salvation.
Obedience is a result of faith, as I posted to you a few posts back.
True faith in the Son of God will produce obedience.
Once again you ignored my post about making disciples, teaching them to be like Jesus

With regard to your second paragraph. Tosh tosh

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Of course, and I knew you would. (y)

Nope, sorry, Scripture disagrees with you about the process of salvation. You're incorrect.:)
Nope sorry to you. Perhaps you need to read scripture again. You must belong to those who believe they must continue to do works to hold onto their salvation. That will never work

E

eternally-gratefull

A lot of what you say here is true but you should be applying it to yourself. You are the false teacher here and denying God's Word in every way you can think of. Did you notice the definition of unbeliever contains disobedience ?- that is you! Totally disobedient to God's Word in so many ways None of God's law for you!

1Jn_2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1Jn_5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Jn_2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

You cannot even know God if you don't keep His commandments

EG you keep mens traditions and in this case originating in paganism and not of God!

I don't know how you got so totally deceived but you are, usually there churches teaching this kind of stuff aren't there? If you came to this conclusion by yourself you are still wrong!

Wish you could see that but not yet I don't think !
I am sorry but you have bought into Satans lie which is prevelant in all religion. That man is made right with God based on their works. WHile you say I have fallen, I am sorry but it is you.

Dec 28, 2016
Nope sorry to you. Perhaps you need to read scripture again. You must belong to those who believe they must continue to do works to hold onto their salvation. That will never work
Lol. Wow. So you resort to slander, eh?

No, that's not it, you're just showing your ignorance of the Gospel. We are saved, we are being saved, we will be saved -- it all has to do with God, not works salvation. Salvation is 100% of God, 0% of man and not works oriented.

Nice try, but all you've done is bear false witness and slander.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Lol. Wow. So you resort to slander, eh?

No, that's not it, you're just showing your ignorance of the Gospel. We are saved, we are being saved, we will be saved -- it all has to do with God, not works salvation. Salvation is 100% of God, 0% of man and not works oriented.

Nice try, but all you've done is bear false witness and slander.

Call me whatever names you please. My skin is very thick. As for calling me ignorant of the Gospels, John 3:16 is a beautiful scripture exclaiming salvation is a free gift from God and that it is eternal. I have exclaimed many times under this thread that Works has nothing to do with salvation. So who is truly bearing false witness and to whom?

Dec 28, 2016
Please point out where I twisted your words, bear false withness.
Do you even know what slander means?

I already did that but obviously have to show you, yet again.

You accused me of a works Gospel because you're ignorant of the truth I've shown you. Instead of trying to learn and grow, you slander and accuse.

We are saved, we are being saved, we will be saved. That is a biblical fact.

Since you don't believe these things are attested to in Scripture (they are, and I gave a link showing the passages) you come out and resort to saying I believe in works salvation.

Like I said, all this shows is that your ignorant of the truths I expressed, and you resorted to slander. It's how you are.

ljs

Jan 13, 2018
Salvation is a FREE GIFT as scripture clearly says

Once we are saved , we should store up rewards in heaven , which is done by good works !

I seriously wish people would stop confusing the two

Dec 28, 2016
Call me whatever names you please. My skin is very thick. As for calling me ignorant of the Gospels, John 3:16 is a beautiful scripture exclaiming salvation is a free gift from God and that it is eternal. I have exclaimed many times under this thread that Works has nothing to do with salvation. So who is truly bearing false witness and to whom?
I've not called you one name. You're still bearing false witness? Wow.

Do show me where I "called you a name." Saying you're ignorant isn't calling a name, it's describing your level of knowledge which is low on the subject at hand.

Grow some thick skin.

I said you slandered, and you did. I said you are ignorant, and that isn't name calling, it's a fact. You are "not knowing" about the subject at hand.

Now I'm reminded of why I ignored you in the past, you can't seem to tell the truth and resort to slander. You seem rather bitter imho.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
EG I would like to believe you are an earnest but extremely misled person but you do too much twisting, you quote scripture that proves when born of the Spirit You are spirit and then either ignore or twist them.
If these churches believe what you do then by your example they are and have pagan based doctrines, I expect there are decent people in these churches but totally in error and I want no part of them at all I wont insult them but why would I to WANT TO GO TO error and wantoN sin (BREAKING OF GOD'S lAWS)

No Thanks!

No, I have shared with you the True Gospel, and you said: No Thanks!

You have followed the False Teachers and the False Prophet. I even gave you the Scriptures to prove they LIED TO YOU.

You are without excuse.

One more try, assuming you are a MORMON?

Isaiah 43:10-11 (HCSB)
10 “You are My witnesses”— ⌊this is⌋ the LORD’s declaration— “and My servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe Me and understand that I am He. No god was formed before Me, and there will be none after Me.
11 I, I am Yahweh, and there is no other Savior but Me.

THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD, THE HOLY TRINITY. Three Personages that Make Up ONE GOD. Everything else is in MAN's Imagination that HE calls gods.

We are MADE in HIS IMAGE, YET GOD does not look like this; HE IS AN OMNIPRESENT SPIRIT.

John 4:24 (HCSB)
24 God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

THE SPIRIT IN JESUS IS GOD.

2 Corinthians 5:19 (ASV)
19 to wit, that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not reckoning unto them their trespasses, and having committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

The difference between JESUS and Mortal Man is:

The Spirit In JESUS IS GOD the CREATOR.

The Mortal Man has a spirit that was created BY GOD THE CREATOR.

Zechariah 12:1 (HCSB)
1 An Oracle The word of the LORD concerning Israel. A declaration of the LORD, who stretched out the heavens, laid the foundation of the earth, and formed the spirit of man within him.

You question that the HOLY SPIRIT IS PART OF THE HOLY TRINITY:
The Holy Spirit mentioned on equal level with God
  1. Matt. 28:19, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,"
  2. 2 Cor. 13:14, "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all."
  3. Eph. 4:4-6, "There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all."
  4. 2 Cor. 3:16-18, "but whenever a man turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit."
You question that the Holy Spirit is more than a FORCE:
The HOLY SPIRIT Speaks:
  1. 2 Sam. 23:2, "The Spirit of the LORD spoke through me; his word was on my tongue."
  2. Acts 8:29, "And the Spirit said to Philip, "Go up and join this chariot."
  3. Acts 10:19, "And while Peter was reflecting on the vision, the Spirit said to him, "Behold, three men are looking for you."
  4. Acts 11:12, "And the Spirit told me to go with them without misgivings. And these six brethren also went with me, and we entered the man’s house."
  5. Acts 13:2, "And while they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them."
  6. Acts 21:11, "And coming to us, he took Paul’s belt and bound his own feet and hands, and said, "This is what the Holy Spirit says: ‘In this way the Jews at Jerusalem will bind the man who owns this belt and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.’"
  7. Acts 28:25-26, "And when they did not agree with one another, they began leaving after Paul had spoken one parting word, "The Holy Spirit rightly spoke through Isaiah the prophet to your fathers, saying, ‘Go to this people and say, "You will keep on hearing, but will not understand."
  8. 1 Tim. 4:1, "But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,"

You question that the HOLY SPIRIT IS A REAL PERSONAGE, part of the HOLY TRINITY:
The Holy Spirit is referred to as a person by scripture
  1. Who
    1. Rom. 8:11, "But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who indwells you."
    2. John 6:63, "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life."
    3. 1 John 5:6, "And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is the truth."
    4. See also 1 Cor. 2:12; 2 Tim. 1:14;
  2. He
    1. John 14:26, "These things I have spoken to you, while abiding with you. "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you."
  3. Himself
    1. Rom. 8:16, "The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,"
    2. Rom. 8:26, "And in the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;"
Excerpts above are from this website: https://carm.org/verses-showing-identity-ministry-and-personhood-holy-spirit

Man was MADE in the IMAGE OF GOD and YET GOD DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THIS:

GOD IS OMNIPRESENT AND INFINITE DIVINE BEING - We are a finite being traveling through time.

GOD IS HOLY - We have an SIN NATURE.

GOD IS ALL KNOWING - We certainly are NOT.

GOD IS KING OF THE UNIVERSE - We are never going to be in that position.

GOD IS PERFECTLY JUST - We are NOT.

GOD IS PERFECTLY MERCIFUL - We are NOT

GOD IS ALL LOVING - We are NOT

GOD IS ALL POWERFUL - We can never be like HIM.

SO HOW ARE WE CREATED IN THE IMAGE OF GOD ? ? ?

We are an example of what a TRINITY IS, three parts that make up a whole Human Being.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 (NASB)
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

THREE SPECIFIC PARTS WITH THREE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS, YET THE SOME TOTAL ONLY MAKES UP ONE HUMAN BEING.

Just like GOD, the FATHER and the SON and the HOLY SPIRIT, YET THERE IS ONLY ONE DEITY OR DIVINE BEING.

AND NOTICE, TWO OF THE PARTS ARE INVISIBLE AND ONLY ONE IS VISIBLE.

YOUR FALSE TEACHERS AND FALSE PROPHET HAVE BEEN DECEIVED AND THEY ARE DECEIVING YOU.

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
Do you believe it is your love for God you have to thank for salvation, or His love for you?

Also

5083. téreó
Strong's Concordance​
téreó: to watch over, to guard

Original Word: τηρέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: téreó
Phonetic Spelling: (tay-reh'-o)
Definition: to watch over, to guard
Usage: I keep, guard, observe, watch over.

God's children (which includes EG) do keep His commandments​
Of course it is God's love! He calls us and we respond and grow . Or we don't respond and fall away!

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
Suzy...You are accusing my dear brother in Christ of many things , to say he is a false teacher is calling him a child of the devil , may God forgive you for your words that flow from your lips.

1 Peter 3:10 10 For, “Whoever would love life and see good days must keep their tongue from evil and their lips from deceitful speech.
Colossians 4:6 6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
Yes, I am and he is teaching for the truth lies from paganism . The prayer should be Show us all the truth and that is my prayer!

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
Not you I am talking to it is EG , hope I didn't put it on wrong place!

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
Sorry not talking to you. Probably put on wrong place IT's EG I am talking to.

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
You must deflect and try to make this about me. But the truth is we are to "live by" Every Word of God. So the Word of God is right, but religious traditions of man that transgress God's Commandments are wrong.

John 6:
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

And again:

Luke 16:
29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

There is most certainly a counterfeit Gospel. It teaches doctrines and traditions which "Transgress the Commandments of God.

But the Word of God which became Flesh not only warns of this religion, but also says "MANY" will seek to enter eternity through it.

By the Grace of God I have escaped, along with a few others, and am warning the brethren to "Heed", not just a few scriptures which religious man has twisted to promote their tradition soaked religion, but to Heed EVERY Word of God.

Jer. 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, (Which God before ordained that we should walk in them) where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

But they said, We will not walk therein.

Heb. 3:
12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Unbelief in Greek = apeitheia disbelief, (obstinate and rebellious) :- disobedience, unbelief. { from the Greek word apeithes} "un-persuadable" contumacious (stubbornly disobedient : rebellious)
disobedient.

I have no religion to defend TT. No religious franchise to promote or religious traditions to defend.

I am "FREE" to study God's Word to show myself approved and to submit myself to HIS Righteousness not the religious doctrines and traditions of the land. What if the religious masses reject much of His Word like is Caleb's time, or even Jesus' time?

Well, that is the test isn't it.
Sorry wrong place Talking to EG

N

NoNameMcgee

Of course it is God's love! He calls us and we respond and grow . Or we don't respond and fall away!

What do you believe it means to fall away, and in your beliefs... is it possible for a saved believer to fall away... (not speaking of a decieved individual)

and then later regain salvation?

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
Again your words are so offensive E-g is a dear Child of God. You should absolutely consider a sincere apology to
E-g, honestly because your words are so so shameful.
Again praying for your friend not the truth, maybe that could be a problem for you tho, the truth often hurts. The truth should not be apologized for

Anyone going to ask God to show us the truth ?