Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
We are SAVED , NOT WILL BE SAVED...
The FREE GIFT of God is His only begotten Son Jesus Christ. (Romans 6:23,revelations 22:17)

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.” John 3:16-21

...Now THIS IS ETERNAL LIFE: THAT THEY MAY KNOW YOU, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. John 17:3

Then John said;

...WE KNOW THAT WE HAVE COME TO KNOW HIM IF WE OBEY HIS COMMANDS. The man who says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a LIAR, and THE TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM. But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever CLAIMS to live in him MUST WALK as Jesus did.

...To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, LEAVING YOU AN EXAMPLE, that YOU SHOULD FOLLOW IN HIS STEPS. 1 Peter 2:21

Those who truly believes in the Son of God loves the light and Jesus is the LIGHT of the world.

Whoever loves Jesus stays in the light and OBEYS His commands. Whoever does not OBEY His commands hates the LIGHT. Whoever hates the LIGHT, hates God. Whoever hates God are enemies of God.

...THEY STUMBLE BECAUSE THEY DISOBEY THE MESSAGE—which is also what they were destined for. 1 Peter 2:8

...As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, for God’s gifts and his call are IRREVOCABLE. Romans 11:28-29

Paul was talking here about GOD'S calling and gifts to Israel.

...the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption as sons; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises. Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen. Romans 9:4-5

...This is IRREVOCABLE.

But what did he say to the Gentiles?

...I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I make much of my ministry in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches. If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, do not boast over those branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. For if God did not spare the natural branches, HE WILL NOT SPARE YOU EITHER. Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, PROVIDED that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, YOU ALSO WILL BE CUT OFF. And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree! Romans 11:13-24

Dec 12, 2013
Even through your blatheriodlessnes , I've proven the word pisteuo is used 248 times in the NT .

The Strong's says " pisteuo means NOT just to believe .,"

The Vines defines pisteuo as " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ."

And , that the English language has no corresponding verb to the noun Faith , like the Greek does .

That the word " believing " is the corresponding verb to the noun " Belief , not Faith ."

So in really I've shared with you the key to having a real connection with Christ , while you shared with me the many uses of the word bather .
Keep dreaming.....all you are sharing is your vanilla twist false dogma......

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
Sabbath keeping for Christ followers- yes or no? requirement or optional ??
Oh Boy Ive been waiting for this LOL!
its the fourth commandment isnt it? I beiieve in keeping the commandments , its one of the 4 toward God ,showing Him love! What do you think?
Commandments arenot suggestions, they are commands

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
Nope. I want you to study it out and if you do you will change your error above to being Biblical.

No need to get irate in the end of the above, we are not your enemies here, just trying to get you on the right path doctrinally.

What is a being? What is a person?
Supposed to be a trick question I guess

Seems pretty plain A human being is a person created in the image of God with a physical body and human spirit with the potential to become a member of the God Family, which at this time has two members ,the Father and Jesus Christ (Elohim) Being can be a human being or a spirit being, the Father and Christ they can be called spirit beings. The H S is not a being but the will, force power of God, tool used to create all that is. The reason the HS can be called sentient is because it is Gods mind! Not a separate being!

P

Pisteuo

Keep dreaming.....all you are sharing is your vanilla twist false dogma......
Which one of these three facts are false dogma ?

Pisteuo is used 248 times in the NT .

The Strong's says pisteuo ," means NOT just to believe ."

The Vines says pisteuo is " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ."

?

P

Pisteuo

its the fourth commandment isnt it? I beiieve in keeping the commandments , its one of the 4 toward God ,showing Him love! What do you think?
Live your convictions , but preach Christ .

Oct 25, 2018
Supposed to be a trick question I guess

Seems pretty plain A human being is a person created in the image of God with a physical body and human spirit with the potential to become a member of the God Family, which at this time has two members ,the Father and Jesus Christ (Elohim) Being can be a human being or a spirit being, the Father and Christ they can be called spirit beings. The H S is not a being but the will, force power of God, tool used to create all that is. The reason the HS can be called sentient is because it is Gods mind! Not a separate being!
Whoa! The Holy Spirit is not a being but a thing? Holy moly.

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
Nope. I want you to study it out and if you do you will change your error above to being Biblical.

No need to get irate in the end of the above, we are not your enemies here, just trying to get you on the right path doctrinally.

What is a being? What is a person?
lost my post again not irate more amused Ok here i go again

a person is a human being created in the image of God in a physical body and with a human spirit, also with the potential of becoming a member of the God Family!
A being can be a human being or a spirit Being
The Father and Christ can be called Spirit Beings, the HS is the will, force,power and mind of God,sentient because it has the Mind of God .Not a seperate being tho!

Oct 25, 2018

a person is a human being created in the image of God in a physical body and with a human spirit, also with the potential of becoming a member of the God Family!
The Father and Christ can be called Spirit Beings, the HS is the will, force,power and mind of God,sentient because it has the Mind of God .Not a seperate being tho!
The Spirit is a Being as well, my friend. There are three persons in the Godhead, not two.

Dec 28, 2016

No, you were irate, you don't possess enough acumen to use the amused statement and make it sound legit.

So you're "self taught?" i.e. You, God and your Bible?

Dec 12, 2013
Like I keep saying if you are born again Christ says you are spirit, if so fly over here and show me, then I will believe you BUT I DON"T SEE THAT HAPPENING! I really think you are still flesh and blood! That's in John 3 !

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
And I will say again, your premise is lacking any kind of cognative reasoning.........and or truth!
ok I found this after going back thru several pages. I answered it on some other pages already but there is no way I would ever go to a pagan church that thinks they are right and breaks Gods laws. You have disqualified yourselves according to the Bible.And I would not put my church up to your disrespect! YOUR HOLIER THAN THOU ATTITUDE SHOWS YOU ARE NOT FROM GOD! It took a while to,realize this and I am sorry for you when you do realize just how wrong you are!
hahahahahhahahha yep.....ashamed to name your religion.....VCO is right.....

Dec 12, 2013
It depends

Are you a baby christian? Are you a teenage Christian, Or are you a spiritually mature adult christian.

Because each phase will look different. As a child grows.. Even their capacity to understand is different, as paul told the corinthian church he could not yet feed them meat because they were still babes..

Being born again does not make people superchristians who no longer struggle with sins, or always do things right. When a person is born again, God starts a good work in them, And the thing we can all be assured of. He wh began that good work, WILL COMPLETE that work, Because he will continue to the day of Christ. He has perfected already those who he is continuing to sactify these are biblical truths..
Amen....on going sanctification.....the workers for, Cainologists and Pharisees conflate it with salvation and justification to peddle a false dogma.....

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
Live your convictions , but preach Christ .
Christ kept the Sabbath again giving us the perfect example of keeping the law of God in the spirit! The early Church kepg the Sabbatb
in fact Paul taught the Jews and Gentiles on the Sabbath ,very interesting account here.wish I could copy and paste here but my tablet wont do it. Acts 13 vr14-,taught the Jews one Sabbath and the next Sabbath the whole town came to hear him ,lots of Gentiles here again in vr 42-44 many more examples of Sabbath keeping in NT
When ever I speak of commandment keeping it is always thru Christs example of keeping Law in spirit, a given with me aftrr 63 yrs!

Dec 12, 2013
Oh boy you been waiting to tell all that you condemn yourself by placing yourself under the law/commandments.....do you keep all of them....nope...your guilty! You should trust Jesus and be born again from above spiritually!

Dec 12, 2013
Which one of these three facts are false dogma ?

Pisteuo is used 248 times in the NT .

The Strong's says pisteuo ," means NOT just to believe ."

The Vines says pisteuo is " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ."

?
The 4th option....your erroneous application of the word faith into some quagmire and false working for false gospel!

P

Pisteuo

Christ kept the Sabbath again giving us the perfect example of keeping the law of God in the spirit! The early Church kepg the Sabbatb
in fact Paul taught the Jews and Gentiles on the Sabbath ,very interesting account here.wish I could copy and paste here but my tablet wont do it. Acts 13 vr14-,taught the Jews one Sabbath and the next Sabbath the whole town came to hear him ,lots of Gentiles here again in vr 42-44 many more examples of Sabbath keeping in NT
When ever I speak of commandment keeping it is always thru Christs example of keeping Law in spirit, a given with me aftrr 63 yrs!
Christ " fulfilled. " The law . When we faithe into Him , He accepts us, and seals His Spirit into us , He also cloaks us with Himself . So when the Father sees us , the Father sees Him . We've been justified " tobeseen as just like Christ ." That is how we fulfill God's commands .