Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Let me tell you.....you have not warned anyone of anything other than to disregard the complete error of what you peddle.......!!

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
The BAPTISM THAT SAVES ALL is by the HOLY SPIRIT as HE will BAPTIZE (IMMERSE) into the Spiritual Body of CHRIST. Even the Thief on the CROSS was Baptized (IMMERSED) into the Spiritual Body of Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:13 (HCSB)
13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:27 (HCSB)
27 Now you are the body of Christ, and individual members of it.
VCO dont see proof just your opinion of what a scripture means

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Oh Boy Ive been waiting for this LOL!
its the fourth commandment isnt it? I beiieve in keeping the commandments , its one of the 4 toward God ,showing Him love! What do you think?
Commandments arenot suggestions, they are commands
me also. you guys all do same thing- show up, act like you want to have friendly conversation, then you start saying that obedience produces or maintain salvation, then start pushing keeping the Law of Moses to be right with God, and then the main goal, the one all you have- Sabbath keeping for salvation.
same formula, same playbook.

so, nothing new. just noise.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
We are SAVED , NOT WILL BE SAVED...
We know EVERY ONE who call Jesus Lord, claims to be saved. We also know that not EVERY ONE who claims God's Grace, receives it.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

But we also know "Many" who call Him Lord, Lord, do not walk in the "Good Works" God has foreordained that we should walk in them.

They actually "don't believe" in "walking in them". I think there is some confusion about what Faith is. We should look to Jesus, the author and Finisher of my Faith. How did He show "Faith" to His Father? How did Abraham show Faith to the Christ. The answer to these question will make a lot of folks uncomfortable, or at least it should,

Dec 12, 2013
your acceptance is not requred you have heard and rejected too bad!
Yeah.....only a fool would accept what you blather on about........a cursory read of the bible without and indepth study alone proves your religious vews off kilter and out of plumb
me also. you guys all do same thing- show up, act like you want to have friendly conversation, then you start saying that obedience produces or maintain salvation, then start pushing keeping the Law of Moses to be right with God, and then the main goal, the one all you have- Sabbath keeping for salvation.

Amen...........not even comparable to white noise.....One of the funniest things I have heard....If you are born of the spirit then FLY OVER HERE....how idiotic is that.............

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018

I beleve thats the law of God, Christ gave that law as the God of the OT and came and renewed it in NT yes Sabbath keeing is part of salvation as are all of Gods laws.
Now Sunday keeing in so called christianity started in Costantines time. he was a sun worshipper and brought it into the new Catholic church adopted to bring pagans into their fold along with many of our modern worlds doctrines
STUDY PEOPLE!

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
Yeah.....only a fool would accept what you blather on about........a cursory read of the bible without and indepth study alone proves your religious vews off kilter and out of plumb

Amen...........not even comparable to white noise.....One of the funniest things I have heard....If you are born of the spirit then FLY OVER HERE....how idiotic is that.............

so you are not born of the spirit then Didnt think so!

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
So when he flat out right denies a vital scripture that comes straight from the Bible that's okay with you. Not with me. When you don't admit Acts 3: 28 means a Christian must repent and be baptized I sure wonder if he has a Bible or not! He has asked many offensive questions and statements , read the posts ! It is either extreme ignorance or a lie!

THE BAPTISM THAT SAVES IS THE IMMERSION INTO THE SPIRITUAL BODY OF CHRIST.

The THIEF ON THE CROSS WAS NOT BAPTIZED IN WATER, BY HE WAS BAPTIZED INTO THE SPIRITUAL BODY OF CHRIST:

1 Corinthians 12:13 (KJV)
13 For by one Spirit are we all [INCLUDING THAT THIEF ON THE CROSS] baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

1 Peter 3:20 (NCV)
20 who refused to obey God long ago in the time of Noah. God was waiting patiently for them while Noah was building the boat.
Only a few people—eight in all—were saved by water.

All climbing into a Baptistery, or Lake, or River does, is AFTER YOU ARE SAVED, you can make that one of your STEPS OF OBEDIENCE OUT OF LOVE FOR HIM, as you PUBLICLY IDENTIFY WITH CHRIST. WATER DOES NOT SAVE ANYONE, except NOAH and his family, because they got into the ARK.

Dec 12, 2013
I beleve thats the law of God, Christ gave that law as the God of the OT and came and renewed it in NT yes Sabbath keeing is part of salvation as are all of Gods laws.
Now Sunday keeing in so called christianity started in Costantines time. he was a sun worshipper and brought it into the new Catholic church adopted to bring pagans into their fold along with many of our modern worlds doctrines
STUDY PEOPLE!
Hahhahahahahaha wow....In Acts they met daily and the first day of the week.....you can keep your law keeping drivel for salvation....and your 7th Day Adventest Ellen White religion...!!!!

P

Pisteuo

Let me tell you.....you have not warned anyone of anything other than to disregard the complete error of what you peddle.......!!
Lol , you can't answer these basic questions that everyone knows are true . Why because you've built your relationship with Christ on a mistranslation .

Let's try one at a time .

Do you accept the fact pisteuo is used 248 times in the NT ?

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
No, you were irate, you don't possess enough acumen to use the amused statement and make it sound legit.

So you're "self taught?" i.e. You, God and your Bible?
Matt. 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Had Eve just been satisfied with her, God, and God's Word everything would be different. It is the "Other voices" which turned her away from the Living God towards disobedience.

Col. 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. (The Word of God which became Flesh, who created all things including His Commandments.)

Dec 12, 2013
Lol , you can't answer these basic questions that everyone knows are true . Why because you've built your relationship with Christ on a mistranslation .

Let's try one at a time .

Do you accept the fact pisteuo is used 248 times in the NT ?
Does not matter if it is used once or 10,000 times.....Works do not save, keep saved, top off salvation, finish salvation, help Jesus save is or keep us saved.....no matter how many times you embellish faith and or push your personalized view......

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
Signing off guys! Thanks ,for being an attentive audience and providing a good nights entertainment!

P

Pisteuo

Does not matter if it is used once or 10,000 times.....Works do not save, keep saved, top off salvation, finish salvation, help Jesus save is or keep us saved.....no matter how many times you embellish faith and or push your personalized view......
Ok I'll take that as a yes .

Let's try fact two .

The Strong's gives a disclaimer about pisteuo when it states , " pisteuo means NOT just to believe " .

Do you agree with the Strongs Greek dictionary ?

If not , why ?

Dec 12, 2013
Ok I'll take that as a yes .

Let's try fact two .

The Strong's gives a disclaimer about pisteuo when it states , " pisteuo means NOT just to believe " .

Do you agree with the Strongs Greek dictionary ?

If not , why ?
"And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son." ... "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

Believes <--faith...no works attached...!

P

Pisteuo

"And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son." ... "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

Believes <--faith...no works attached...!
No answer there .

Do you accept the Strongs definition of pisteuo ?

Pisteuo. " Means NOT just to believe .,"