Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

Pisteuo

"And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son." ... "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

Believes <--faith...no works attached...!
Did you ever try to tell a simulator it was wrong and you were right , when you crashed ?

Kind of the same thing .

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
VCO dont see proof just your opinion of what a scripture means

You have proven that YOU HAD RATHER BELIEVE what your Psuedo Christian Cult teaches, than the TRUTH FOUND IN THE BIBLE.

I will SOON put you on my permanent IGNORE LIST, and I recommend that Everyone else does the Same with this one.

Enjoy talking to yourself.

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
your acceptance is not requred you have heard and rejected too bad!
And I will say again, your premise is lacking any kind of cognative reasoning.........and or truth!

hahahahahhahahha yep.....ashamed to name your religion.....VCO is right.....
You have proven that YOU HAD RATHER BELIEVE what your Psuedo Christian Cult teaches, than the TRUTH FOUND IN THE BIBLE.

I will SOON put you on my permanent IGNORE LIST, and I recommend that Everyone else does the Same with this one.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I beleve thats the law of God, Christ gave that law as the God of the OT and came and renewed it in NT yes Sabbath keeing is part of salvation as are all of Gods laws.
Now Sunday keeing in so called christianity started in Costantines time. he was a sun worshipper and brought it into the new Catholic church adopted to bring pagans into their fold along with many of our modern worlds doctrines
STUDY PEOPLE!
I could care less about Constantine or the council of nicea or lacodicea , the outlawing of Sabbath keeping was wrong, and should not have been done.

as my pastor says " Constantine was a lot more roman and empire than he was holy '

equally as wrong as saying that one has to keep the Sabbath to be saved
there are several references to Christ followers meeting on the first day of the week.

and when John said he was ' in the sprit on the Lord's day," he did NOT say Sabbath, a different greek word was used , not sabbaton,
and, God was very specific about when the Sabbath was to be kept.

so, unless you are 100% sure you are using the scared Hebrew calendar , you are not " keeping the Sabbath, '.

it strikes me as funny that you judeaizers ignore the fact that you were born on a day that is named after a pagan god, in a year of a Gregorian calendar, want to lecture us about going to church on the day of the sun, as if we are worshiping the sun god while we are praising Jesus.

we come to mt. Zion of the living God, you try to drag us back to Sinai, to the ministry of death, written on stone,

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
Oh my I am devastated! What will I do? sounds like a good time to write some articles to me , at least talking to myself l have some intelligent conversation !

You guys are just so wrapped up in your false gospel and triune god you are pitiful! you dont make sense, you dont know your Bible and constantly post scriptures that condemn yourself.You resort to ridicule because you cant think of anything else! usually a last resort!

But there are some decent people here that have brains and can give an intellegent account of their belief! Good for you!

One thing abt a witness it usually is enertaining , you dont expect anything from them and once in a while someone will actually open his/her Bible and do some studying which can prove fascinating and a new world opens up. GOD OPENS THEIR EYES AND THEY ARE CALLED.Of course that is rare and the rest just get a witness!

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
I could care less about Constantine or the council of nicea or lacodicea , the outlawing of Sabbath keeping was wrong, and should not have been done.

as my pastor says " Constantine was a lot more roman and empire than he was holy '

equally as wrong as saying that one has to keep the Sabbath to be saved
there are several references to Christ followers meeting on the first day of the week.

and when John said he was ' in the sprit on the Lord's day," he did NOT say Sabbath, a different greek word was used , not sabbaton,
and, God was very specific about when the Sabbath was to be kept.

so, unless you are 100% sure you are using the scared Hebrew calendar , you are not " keeping the Sabbath, '.

it strikes me as funny that you judeaizers ignore the fact that you were born on a day that is named after a pagan god, in a year of a Gregorian calendar, want to lecture us about going to church on the day of the sun, as if we are worshiping the sun god while we are praising Jesus.

we come to mt. Zion of the living God, you try to drag us back to Sinai, to the ministry of death, written on stone,
meeting on first day of week ,well once they were gathering things together for poor saints at Jerusalem. another they were having a meeting on what we call Saturday night paul was leaving the next day anf it was a good bye to him.no Peter was in a vision on the Day of the Lord,the end tie events ,not the Sabbath!
yeo ,using the Hebrew calendar

the stuff abt being born on a day named after a pagan god makes no sense. I didnt name the days or choose when I was born but uninformed or deceived people choose not to keep the commanded 7th day God rested on and set apaft (sanctified) forevef! and keep a man made tradition on the day of the sun-

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
VCO
you are one self righteous person! when you choose to serve a pagan god and call other people or churches names when you actually dont even know what they preach.
No wonder Christ called such people hypocrites, serpents etc

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Did you ever try to tell a simulator it was wrong and you were right , when you crashed ?

Kind of the same thing .
The issue for most is that they are confusing The Faith with their own. For we are to be dead nevertheless alive, yet not us but Christ living in us, and the Life we now are to be living we are to be living by the Faith OF the Son of GOD. (Gal 2:20)
But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ (the Word) down from above. Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ (the Word) again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word (Christ) is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of FAITH, which we preach;
(Rom 10:6-8)

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
The issue for most is that they are confusing The Faith with their own. For we are to be dead nevertheless alive, yet not us but Christ living in us, and the Life we now are to be living we are to be living by the Faith OF the Son of GOD. (Gal 2:20)
But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ (the Word) down from above. Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ (the Word) again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word (Christ) is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of FAITH, which we preach;
(Rom 10:6-8)
That is a wonderful point LB. We all claim Faith, but what Faith do we have? Did we create our own, or do we have "The Faith of Abraham".

Rom. 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

What a good point.

Thank you brother:)

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
This is for those who are preaching a FALSE Gospel...
Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.
There are wolves in here who are trying to attempt to scatter the sheep , impossible , because we know are LORDS voice , we listen to Him only , we are in the palm of His beautiful hand , and no one nor nothing can snatch us...
All I can say is Thank God for His Word , His Truth , His protection , those who are peddling a false gospel are dammed , your eyes are blinded by satan , you are working for him , Praise God for giving us eyes to see ...xox...

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
meeting on first day of week ,well once they were gathering things together for poor saints at Jerusalem. another they were having a meeting on what we call Saturday night paul was leaving the next day anf it was a good bye to him.no Peter was in a vision on the Day of the Lord,the end tie events ,not the Sabbath!
yeo ,using the Hebrew calendar

the stuff abt being born on a day named after a pagan god makes no sense. I didnt name the days or choose when I was born but uninformed or deceived people choose not to keep the commanded 7th day God rested on and set apaft (sanctified) forevef! and keep a man made tradition on the day of the sun-
well since jews kept time from twilight till twilight, that is still a 24 hour day. there is no 100 proof that the people came together as the night came on after the Sabbath.

I suppose you are one of the Jesus was crucified on wed. and raised on the Sabbath conspiracy theorists . total lie, s.d.a, propaganda.

Jesus rose on the first day of the week. the women came to the tomb at DAWN , not twilight.

the lies you judeaizers swallow to prop up your anti-Christian beliefs..........

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
This is for those who are preaching a FALSE Gospel...
Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.
There are wolves in here who are trying to attempt to scatter the sheep , impossible , because we know are LORDS voice , we listen to Him only , we are in the palm of His beautiful hand , and no one nor nothing can snatch us...
All I can say is Thank God for His Word , His Truth , His protection , those who are peddling a false gospel are dammed , your eyes are blinded by satan , you are working for him , Praise God for giving us eyes to see ...xox...
Amen sister! :cautious:

804CAE23-3B3C-4A56-A095-B60AA6A63426.jpeg

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
That is a wonderful point LB. We all claim Faith, but what Faith do we have? Did we create our own, or do we have "The Faith of Abraham".

Rom. 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

What a good point.

Thank you brother:)
Amen. We have nothing to offer; it is all to be left at the cross. We can not even come to the cross in our power. For it is GOD that works in us both to will and do HIS good pleasure. Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Wonderful point indeed my friend, would expect nothing less from HIM who is our all!:D

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Amen. We have nothing to offer; it is all to be left at the cross. We can not even come to the cross in our power. For it is GOD that works in us both to will and do HIS good pleasure. Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Wonderful point indeed my friend, would expect nothing less from HIM who is our all!:D
and you say this , and then you will turn right around and say that we have to keep the Sabbath, or keep the Law of Moses to be saved.

cognitive dissonance at it's finest.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
and you say this , and then you will turn right around and say that we have to keep the Sabbath, or keep the Law of Moses to be saved.

cognitive dissonance at it's finest.
I have never heard LB once say what you preach about him here. Can you point out one time when LB said you must keep the Sabbath or the Law of Moses to be saved?

I have seen him post the Words of God who became Flesh in which HE instructs us what to "Live By".

Are you talking about the word's of LB? Or are you mocking him for posting Word's of God that you disbelieve?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I have never heard LB once say what you preach about him here. Can you point out one time when LB said you must keep the Sabbath or the Law of Moses to be saved?

I have seen him post the Words of God who became Flesh in which HE instructs us what to "Live By".

Are you talking about the word's of LB? Or are you mocking him for posting Word's of God that you disbelieve?
you do not even think Jesus was fully God and fully man.

I could less what some Trinity denier , oneness crap pusher thinks.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
you do not even think Jesus was fully God and fully man.

I could less what some Trinity denier , oneness crap pusher thinks.
So does this mean you really never saw LB say a man can't be saved unless they first keep the Sabbath and follow the Law of Moses? You just made it up because you are filled with so much hate?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this:
everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry
(James 1:19)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Shall I trust a religion which promotes "Disbelief" in the Christ who spoke these Word's?
nope, neither should we promote such a thing :)

Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that heareth my word, and believeth on Him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
(John 5:24)

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
So does this mean you really never saw LB say a man can't be saved unless they first keep the Sabbath and follow the Law of Moses? You just made it up because you are filled with so much hate?
today or tomorrow , when I have a chance, ( going to church tomorrow , you know, the Lord's day, the day Jesus rose, not to worship the sun god, but to worship the God-man Jesus.), but when I have a chance, I will go through light's post and find where he said what I said he did.

and, just for fun, since you stuck your blaspheming nose in this, i'll find where you said " we do not need to feed the poor, God could give them manna, God expects us to keep His Sabbaths and feasts".

yep. from time to time you let your mask slip, and you show your true self.