Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Does that mean no. Your Jesus didn't say these things as the Word which became flesh?
I meant what I said.....look beyond your fantasy land dogma to the actual truth of what I said....here...one more time...

dcontroversal said:
2 "C's" reject and condemn your peddled working for dogma...

a. CONTEXT
B. COVENANT

More Cainology from a modern day Pharisee

Dec 12, 2013
you should not ask anyone any questions , nor expect anyone to answer any of yours until you address the Scripture you have been asked to speak on.
He cannot answer truthfully....and the tragic truth....He himself actually peddles the Long Haired Shampoo Commercial Jesus that he speaks against by the very Catholicized dogma of works/law keeping that he peddles....!

ljs

Jan 13, 2018
Ephesians 2 8-9

" For by GRACE are ye saved thru FAITH"
It is the GIFT of God
Not of WORKS lest any man should boast

Just believe the Gospel ( 1st Corinthians 15 1-4 ) and place your trust that Jesus died for all your sin, past, present and future !!!
Its the GOOD NEWS for us in the age of Grace !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017

This Hymn was written base on this scripture;
Matthew2:1,2
1)
After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem, 2) asking, “Where is the One who has been born King of the Jews? We saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him.”

Title:O Come Let Us Adore Him
Author:John Francis Wade
First published: 1760

Chorus:
O come all ye faithful
O come all ye faithful,
Joyful and triumphant,
O come ye, o come ye to Bethlehem;
Come and behold him
Born, the King of angels:
Refrain : O come let us adore him
Christ the Lord.
God of God
Light of Light
Lo, he abhors not the virgin’s womb;
Very God
Begotten not created
Sing, choirs of angels,
Sing in exultation,
Sing, all ye citizens of heaven above:
Glory to God
In the highest
Yea, Lord, we greet thee
Born this happy morning;
Jesus, to thee be glory given;
Word of the Father
Now in flesh appearing

And what do Christian do while serving the Lord of Lords and King of King's, who saved us from our sins and raised us up and seated us with Him in heavenly realms; Of course we trust and obey our Lord and Master. And the reason this is possible is because He has made each one of us a "New Creation in Christ.", the old things are passed away, behold all things are become new!"

Trusting and obeying Jesus comes from a grateful heart that is overflowing with thankfulness. Whiling to wait patiently until He tells us exactly where we should go and what we should do. God's will for our life is not hidden but has been revealed to every Christian for eternity on each page of the bible.
Epheasians2:6
And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

2Corinthians5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

Dec 12, 2013
Ephesians 2 8-9

" For by GRACE are ye saved thru FAITH"
It is the GIFT of God
Not of WORKS lest any man should boast

Just believe the Gospel ( 1st Corinthians 15 1-4 ) and place your trust that Jesus died for all your sin, past, present and future !!!
Its the GOOD NEWS for us in the age of Grace !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amen......a child like faith and acknowledgment of said faith = salvation.....many like to embellish faith to gain, keep or top off salvation which voids the gospel and relegates it to having no power to save anyone...

Dec 12, 2013
When the bible states clearly....

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy has he saved us.

How can anyone say......

a. Works of righteouness are part of salvation

b. No one is saved until the end when the above scripture places salvation in the PAST TENSE.

Most will quote JAMES out of context while disregarding the above truth....it CANNOT BE BOTH...and if it was based upon or a blend of faith and works THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE would NOT BE IN THE BIBLE!

Dec 12, 2013
When the bible states....

It pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

How can anyone embellish the above verse to include works...

It cannot be both and if works were part of the equation of being saved the above verse would have works ADDED....!!

Dec 12, 2013
When the bible states..

In the grace we are, having been saved out of faith, and that NOT OF OURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD and not of WORKS lest any man should boast.

How can any add works to the equation and or say no one is saved until the end.

Salvation is a GIFT...it cannnot be EARNED BY WORKS, it is a PRESENT POSITION based upon GRACE AND FAITH!

Dec 12, 2013
When the bible states..

The GIFTS and Calling OF GOD are irrevocable...

How can anyone say that salvation, which is a gift can be forfeit and or LOST....

It cannot be ETERNAL AND LOSABLE at the same time...and if LOSABLE the bible would not use ETERNAL, EVERLASTING AND IRREVOCABLE to describe salvation!!

Dec 12, 2013
When the bible states...

Christ begins, finishes and completes the work of faith he began in us....

Hoe can anyone say that we can lose faith and lose salvation when CHRIST is the source of faith..

Your Jesus must be weak, inept or a liar.....MY BIBLE STATES that he FINISHES AND COMPLETES the work of FAITH HE BEGINS IN US!!

Dec 12, 2013
When the bible states...

We are saved to the uttermost and KEPT BY THE POWER OF GOD THROUGH FAITH....

How can any say that salvation can be lost or forfeit....

Jesus KEEPS US by HIS POWER and the FAITH HE BEGAN, FINISHES AND COMPLETES in us.

Is your god that weak that he cannot keep you and finish what he started?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Ex. 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
context:

You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate Me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love Me and keep My commandments.
(Exodus 20:5-6)

if a person is the child of the deceiver, the accuser of the brethren, dey in trouble.
if a person is he child of the one called "
Everlasting Father" dey be blessed and nah cursed by Yah

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God
(Matthew 5:9)

Dec 12, 2013
context:

You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate Me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love Me and keep My commandments.
(Exodus 20:5-6)

if a person is the child of the deceiver, the accuser of the brethren, dey in trouble.
if a person is he child of the one called "
Everlasting Father" dey be blessed and nah cursed by Yah

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God
(Matthew 5:9)
Amen Man of Bone.......!

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Actually, lets look at the passage.

Matt. 7:
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

I know how popular it is to preach we have no say in our own salvation. But Jesus is specifically saying here that those "WHO DO SOMETHING" are those who will enter the Kingdom of heaven. I assume you equate this with Salvation, Yes? So to say a "Christian" knows our works have no bearing on Salvation is a direct departure from the very Word's of the Christ in this passage. How do you reconcile this?

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Is it not important to understand what the Christ is saying here? What is "that day"? Is it not the Last Great Day? When all who have not been resurrected in the First resurrection are judged? Had they been accepted, they would have been included in the First Resurrection, YES?

So these folks who all their life called Jesus Lord, Lord, gave Him all the credit for all their works, helped others in His Name had died, and their eyes were opened in "That Day". What would they see? A Lake of Fire, Yes? So when they saw where they were, when they realized their fate, they defended their religion. I would expect everyone will "in that day".

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. "Lawlessness"

So the reason Jesus gave for rejecting them was directly tied to their WORKS. Specifically disobedient works.

How can you say Works don't matter in our salvation when Jesus plainly says why He rejected them. It wasn't because of the things they did in His Name, it was because they didn't trust the Father enough to obey Him. Choosing instead to promote religious works or traditions which "transgressed the commandments of God". Isn't this the same reason Jesus rejected the Mainstream Preachers of His time?

Just saying.
We are not saved by works. We are saved by grace through faith in Jesus. That faith will produce works. These works don't save but are evidence of faith. A Christian does things out of love for Christ not thinking about them as works.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
what is sheep's clothing?

____________________:unsure:
In the church it is those acting like Christians but who reject Jesus and are there for what they can get from associating with Christians. Since they have no real understanding of what it means to be a Christian they will show themselves by their actions and words. Their camouflage will not be perfect.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
So in your religion, did your Christ say this?

Ex. 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Or do you worship another?
Did you bother to read what Jesus said to those who were proclaiming their works? I had problems understanding this scripture when I was younger. Then I realized that a true Christian would talk about their faith in him and not their actions since grace is a free gift from God. By grace through faith in Jesus we are saved and not by works. The basic gospel message.