Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2015
To anyone in this thread.

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

Based on this scripture, does a brother or sister in Christ, who hates his brother, still have eternal life?

JPT

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
The truth is that the deceiver has been deceiving from the beginning until now.

These deceivers will REJECT and NULLIFY the Word and believe the deceiving spirits.(Isaiah 5:20-24, Mark 7:6-13)

...while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. 2 Timothy 3:13

...THE SPIRIT CLEARLY SAYS that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through HYPOCRITICAL LIARS, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 1 Timothy 4:1-2

How would we know who were the ones that were deceived?

We know that Eve was deceived when she believed the deceiver and disobeyed God's command.

Who are the deceivers and who were deceived?

..But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19 These are the men who DIVIDE YOU, who follow mere natural instincts and DO NOT HAVE THE SPIRIT.

...At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. Matthew 24:10‭-‬14‭, ‬24

...For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve. 2 Corinthians 11:13‭-‬15

And those that were deceived believed on the deceivers mentioned above and disobeyed God's commands because they were made to believe that they would not surely die, IOW, "always saved". But scriptures warn us not to be deceived;

... Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them. Ephesians 5:6‭-‬7

...Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’ ” “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. “For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”... Genesis 3:1‭-‬19

Just think what could have happened if Eve did not believe the serpents deception but OBEYED God instead. ...NO NEED TO DISCUSS SALVATION FOR SURE because no one needs to be saved.

The truth is that Adam and Eve were created according to the image of God's righteousness and holiness and they BELIEVE and OBEY God until they got DECEIVED and disobeyed God.

Did God warn us about the deception? If He did, then why REFUSE t take heed of them?

So who would say now that OBEDIENCE TO GOD HAS NO BEARING IN SALVATION?
This person is Seoche? I wasn't here when the ban happened apparently.

Anywho....the answer is so simple but we have those stumbling yet over truth. Adam and Eve believed the serpent. Unbelief. And ate of the forbidden tree. They became what they ate and subsequently the fall affects all of us. Cut off from spiritual life, and fully human.

Humanity naturally is good or evil. God is Spirit. Jesus came to restore us back to our original state and free us from the serpents lies. Will we believe the Cross and rest in Him? Eat continually of the tree of life? Or try to be as good as God by our own "will"?

We are what we eat! And belief is obedience....unbelief disobedience. It is that simple.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
DON'T JUST CLAIM BUT WALK THE TALK.

... This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. IF WE CLAIM to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, WE LIE and do not live by the truth. But if we WALK in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. IF WE CLAIM to be without sin, WE DECEIVE OURSELVES and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. IF WE CLAIM we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and HIS WORD HAS NO PLACE IN OUR LIVES. 1 John 1:5-10

...Then Jesus told them, “You are going to have the light just a little while longer. WALK while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you. The man who WALKS in the dark does not know where he is going. John 12:35

...Whoever CLAIMS to live in him must WALK as Jesus did. 1 John 2:6

...But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and WALKS around in the darkness; he does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded him. 1 John 2:11

...And this is love: that we WALK in OBEDIENCE to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you WALK in LOVE. 2 John 1:6

Paul used the term "false brethren".

Why? Because everything that came out of their teaching tainted the truth.

Oct 31, 2015
This person is Seoche? I wasn't here when the ban happened apparently.

Anywho....the answer is so simple but we have those stumbling yet over truth. Adam and Eve believed the serpent. Unbelief. And ate of the forbidden tree. They became what they ate and subsequently the fall affects all of us. Cut off from spiritual life, and fully human.

Humanity naturally is good or evil. God is Spirit. Jesus came to restore us back to our original state and free us from the serpents lies. Will we believe the Cross and rest in Him? Eat continually of the tree of life? Or try to be as good as God by our own "will"?

We are what we eat! And belief is obedience....unbelief disobedience. It is that simple.

Simple.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Joh 12:28  Father, glorify your name." Then a voice came from heaven, "I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again!"

Joh 12:29  The crowd standing there heard this and said that it was thunder. Others were saying, "An angel has spoken to him."

Today it probably would be called a demon.

Joh 12:30  Jesus replied, "This voice is for your benefit, not for mine.

Joh 12:31  Now is the time for the judgment of this world to begin. Now will the ruler of this world be thrown out.

Joh 12:32  As for me, if I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw all people to myself."

Lift Him up!

Joh 12:33  He said this to indicate the kind of death he was about to die.

Joh 12:34  Then the crowd answered him, "We have learned from the Law that the Messiah remains forever. So how can you say that the Son of Man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of Man?"

Joh 12:35  Jesus replied to the crowd, "The light is among you only for a short time. Walk while you have the light, so that the darkness may not overtake you. The person who walks in the darkness is in the darkness and does not know where he is going.

What has happened in the churches! But, now there is the awakenings!

The Unbelief of the People

Joh 12:36  As long as you have the light, believe in the light, so that you may become children of light." After Jesus had said this, he went away and hid from them.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Joh 12:28  Father, glorify your name." Then a voice came from heaven, "I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again!"

Joh 12:29  The crowd standing there heard this and said that it was thunder. Others were saying, "An angel has spoken to him."

Today it probably would be called a demon.

Joh 12:30  Jesus replied, "This voice is for your benefit, not for mine.

Joh 12:31  Now is the time for the judgment of this world to begin. Now will the ruler of this world be thrown out.

Joh 12:32  As for me, if I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw all people to myself."

Lift Him up!

Joh 12:33  He said this to indicate the kind of death he was about to die.

Joh 12:34  Then the crowd answered him, "We have learned from the Law that the Messiah remains forever. So how can you say that the Son of Man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of Man?"

Joh 12:35  Jesus replied to the crowd, "The light is among you only for a short time. Walk while you have the light, so that the darkness may not overtake you. The person who walks in the darkness is in the darkness and does not know where he is going.

What has happened in the churches! But, now there is the awakenings!

The Unbelief of the People

Joh 12:36  As long as you have the light, believe in the light, so that you may become children of light." After Jesus had said this, he went away and hid from them.
What has happened in the churches But, now there is the awakenings!

Hi Stonesoffire, you seem to be concerned about the Church, the Body of Christ; quote: "What has happened in the Churches!", why are you so grieved?

Jesus said I will build my Church and the "gates of hell will not prevail", and the local Church where my wife and I attend is a strong witness for God to our community and beyond, how about yours?

Maybe I have missed something too much happening on this thread I'm not sure.

God bless!
Matthew16:18
"And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it."

Romans11:3-6
3)
“Lord, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars. I am the only one left, and they are seeking my life as well”?4) And what was the divine reply to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5) In the same way, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. 6) And if it is by grace, then it is no longer by works. Otherwise, grace would no longer be grace.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Ikr! LOL, too bad....:p
I want to welcome you to this Thread. I am curious, is the Avatar your Grandaughter, your Daughter, or You when you were young.

I hope you are comfortable to share a bit about your life with CHRIST. Such as the Type of Church you go to (not asking about the name of the Church, I am an non-denominational conservative evangelical), how and when you were saved? Thank you, and Welcome Aboard.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Hi Stonesoffire, you seem to be concerned about the Church, the Body of Christ; quote: "What has happened in the Churches!", why are you so grieved?

Jesus said I will build my Church and the "gates of hell will not prevail", and the local Church where my wife and I attend is a strong witness for God to our community and beyond, how about yours?

Maybe I have missed something too much happening on this thread I'm not sure.

God bless!
Matthew16:18
"And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it."

Romans11:3-6
3)
“Lord, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars. I am the only one left, and they are seeking my life as well”?4) And what was the divine reply to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5) In the same way, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. 6) And if it is by grace, then it is no longer by works. Otherwise, grace would no longer be grace.
Hi TT

Come on over to the tongues thread and we will discuss it. :)

Not grieved at all by the way. It's His business. Ours is just to proclaim.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
How?
I'm not about to learn from Prof. Google !
Do you mean that WE are now the tabernacle? Or the dwelling place of God?

Waiting................
:whistle:
Symbolically yes. Not completely Spirit yet. We are in and out. Positionally we are Spirit, but when ministering in the gifts, we are moving by the power of God. Or should be. lol Full

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Here is a little refresher....this song is awesome for those who like Yanni...enjoy

At the end of the Performance, Notice the Saxophone player gives GOD Thanks for the Performance.

I think even Johann Sebastian Bach, would have applauded this performance with a Standing Ovation.

Johann Sebastian Bach > Quotes

“Music is an agreeable harmony for the honor of God and the permissible delights of the soul.”
― Johann Sebastian Bach

“I play the notes as they are written, but it is God who makes the music.”
― Johann Sebastian Bach

“The final aim and reason of all music is nothing other than the glorification of God and the refreshment of the spirit.”
― J.S. Bach

“The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul.”
― Johann Sebastian Bach

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Symbolically yes. Not completely Spirit yet. We are in and out. Positionally we are Spirit, but when ministering in the gifts, we are moving by the power of God. Or should be. lol Full
Oh, well of course.
Jesus said so.
John 4:21
John 4:23
John 4:24

Before God was in "one place"...in the tabernacle.
Now we carry Him with us wherever we go.

Beautiful vision. We have the Spirit with us at all times.

G

Gracie_14

I want to welcome you to this Thread. I am curious, is the Avatar your Grandaughter, your Daughter, or You when you were young.

I hope you are comfortable to share a bit about your life with CHRIST. Such as the Type of Church you go to (not asking about the name of the Church, I am an non-denominational conservative evangelical), how and when you were saved? Thank you, and Welcome Aboard.
Awww, thank you very much. I have popped by here a couple of times, so I'm quite familiar with the heated discussion that goes on around here.

LOL, my avatar is none of what you have suggested. It's my lil sissy. I'm quite young to be married with kids hehe.

I also count myself as non-denomination conservative evangelical :D

I was raised as a Christian my as a child until I had to make my own personal decision to follow Christ. I don't know exactly when but it was when I was a pre-teen. I'm still growing as a young person :)

Thank you again, sir.

Dec 12, 2013
At the end of the Performance, Notice the Saxophone player gives GOD Thanks for the Performance.

I think even Johann Sebastian Bach, would have applauded this performance with a Standing Ovation.

Johann Sebastian Bach > Quotes

“Music is an agreeable harmony for the honor of God and the permissible delights of the soul.”
― Johann Sebastian Bach

“I play the notes as they are written, but it is God who makes the music.”
― Johann Sebastian Bach

“The final aim and reason of all music is nothing other than the glorification of God and the refreshment of the spirit.”
― J.S. Bach

“The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul.”
― Johann Sebastian Bach
Oh I know......Google and watch Yanni Live at the Acropolis.......And then tell me we came from Monkeys......an ancient Chinese Emperor said, "If you want to change society, you can change it through music."

It amazes me how music has the ability to lift, sadden, excite, move one in every emotional way possible......

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Oh I know......Google and watch Yanni Live at the Acropolis.......And then tell me we came from Monkeys......an ancient Chinese Emperor said, "If you want to change society, you can change it through music."

It amazes me how music has the ability to lift, sadden, excite, move one in every emotional way possible......
Quote: "Music is the expression of the emotions of the soul." :) author unknown

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
To anyone in this thread.

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

Based on this scripture, does a brother or sister in Christ, who hates his brother, still have eternal life?

JPT
I thought about this, and I'd have to say that we cannot be sure who has lost their salvation...or who was really never saved to begin with.

My feeling is, however, that if we love God and want to be a member of the Kingdom here on earth, I'd have to say that we must love everyone -- even those we don't like very much.

I hear a lot of "us" and "they" on this thread,,,but if we know Jesus, we can say that we are all part of the Body of Christ.

It seems like it would be natural to love our brothers in Christ.
John said so too.
John 13:35

If WE can't find it in our hearts to love,,,,then why should secular society be blamed for lovelessness? Which seems to be rampant these days, with everyone thinking only of themselves.