Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2015
I thought about this, and I'd have to say that we cannot be sure who has lost their salvation...or who was really never saved to begin with.

My feeling is, however, that if we love God and want to be a member of the Kingdom here on earth, I'd have to say that we must love everyone -- even those we don't like very much.

I hear a lot of "us" and "they" on this thread,,,but if we know Jesus, we can say that we are all part of the Body of Christ.

It seems like it would be natural to love our brothers in Christ.
John said so too.
John 13:35

If WE can't find it in our hearts to love,,,,then why should secular society be blamed for lovelessness? Which seems to be rampant these days, with everyone thinking only of themselves.

What we can be sure of, is if a brother begins to hate his broth,er, for whatever reason, he is a murderer.

Murderers no longer have eternal life in them.

That’s why it’s so important to forgive.

“But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!’ So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt. So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done. Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.
So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.” Matthew 18:28-35

JPT

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Matthew 24 contains dual prophecy in my view....part of it is directed at the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans and the rest is applicable to the end of the age.....If I remember right it is actually one question in Greek with 3 different aspects......been a while though so don't quote me on that part ;) And as you know I am fully post trib pre wrath ingathering......!
Well doggone....!! Thanks Dcon! We have to be so careful with the conclusions that we come to. And be willing to hear from Holy Spirit without preconceived ideas about these issues that are less important but unravel our views about the simplicity of the gospel through Paul. We are a revelation of God!

Did you ever hear that the body of Christ is like an interruption in time? And when fulfilled...the history of the Jews begin again?

I think about this a lot. We all have a destiny to be played out in our life. None of us are unimportant to Him as members of His body.

Also, did you know that Australia has prophecies on it for what's about to happen? Very instrumental in the awakening.

If you aren't yet back....have a great flight home!

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Thanks Bro.....leaving Sydney about 2:40 and have about 15 hours in air to Dallas....then couple hours layover then a quick flight to St. Louis....get in about 4:30 the same day I leave....haha time travel is possible hahaha
Hi dcon, this is an amazing fact that I remember well. When your plane leaves Sydney Australia and your flight travels west back to USA your estimated time of arrival is only about, "2 hours", from your "departure time." The reality is that your 15hr plane flight from Australia to USA only took "2 hours."

I was told that the difference in the elapsed time on your return trip has to do with the rotation of the earth, not sure if that is true but its fun to think about... :)

Happy Landings migo

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Did you ever hear that the body of Christ is like an interruption in time? And when fulfilled...the history of the Jews begin again?
Thats all I ever hear about.

Can anyone show any scripture for this? That when God is finished with the Church He "goes back to dealing with Israel"?

Romans 11:25-26 doesnt say anything of the sort btw. Not a word about God being finished with the Church adn going back to Israel, because there are Israelites/jews in the CHURCH, today, yesterday, since day 1. So isnt God dealing with them even today?

I dont know which doctrine hangs on this, but im betting its either the pre-trib rapture or dual-covenant theology, or SOMETHING has to hinge on it. Otherwise it wouldn't be so widely taught on Christian TV

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
What we can be sure of, is if a brother begins to hate his broth,er, for whatever reason, he is a murderer.

Murderers no longer have eternal life in them.

That’s why it’s so important to forgive.

“But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!’ So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt. So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done. Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.
So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.” Matthew 18:28-35

JPT

Do you think that standing firm on the faith of Jesus Christ, which is what we are doing when we realize that we can't save ourselves in any way is hate? Trying to bring others into the freedom of being Spirit? No longer flesh? When you know that you know that you know that man in self is twisted and under oppression of the fall....no good is good enough to live with Father for only God is good? Just our position in His Son will bring us in? And truth is heralded against lies of the enemy? Is that love to let it go?

A new commandment. Love others as He has loved us. I can tell you that God continually pursues me to have a renewed mind. And a lot of my experiences for this to be accomplished has been very hard to go through. Yet it's His love to save me. And you.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Thats all I ever hear about.

Can anyone show any scripture for this? That when God is finished with the Church He "goes back to dealing with Israel"?

Romans 11:25-26 doesnt say anything of the sort btw. Not a word about God being finished with the Church adn going back to Israel, because there are Israelites/jews in the CHURCH, today, yesterday, since day 1. So isnt God dealing with them even today?

I dont know which doctrine hangs on this, but im betting its either the pre-trib rapture or dual-covenant theology, or SOMETHING has to hinge on it. Otherwise it wouldn't be so widely taught on Christian TV
I only heard this once and from a former pastor....who has the same opinion about tv preachers. ;)

It's the prophecy in the OT where the dispersed begin to go back to Israel and yes it's happening now. So we know that the catching up will occur soon. But soon could be years yet. We think in time. Not so much the Lord who is eternal.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Hi BillG, the bible is true we are but dust waiting to return, now go clean your room! :)

Genesis 3:19
"By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for "dust you are and to dust you will return."

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Hi BillG, the bible is true we are but dust waiting to return, now go clean your room! :)

Genesis 3:19

"By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for "dust you are and to dust you will return."

Psalms 103:11-14
11 For as the heavens are high above the earth,
So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
12 As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
13 As a father pities his children,
So the Lord pities those who fear Him.
14 For He knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017

Connecticut Shoreline Sunrise

"I am the Lord, and I do not change. That is
why your descendants of Jacob are not already
completely destroyed." Malachi 3:6

"Morning Thoughts"
Written by: Octavius Winslow

The immutability of God forms a stable foundation
of comfort for the believing soul. Mutability marks
everything outside of God. Look . . .
into the church,
into the world,
into our families,
into ourselves,
what innumerable changes do we see on every hand!
A week, one short day, what alterations does it
produce! Yet, in the midst of it all, to repose calmly
on the unchangeableness, the faithfulness of God.

To know that no alterations of time, no earthly changes,
affect His faithfulness to His people. And more than this;
no changes in them, no unfaithfulness of theirs, causes
the slightest change in God. Once a Father, always a
Father; once a Friend, always a Friend.

His providences may change, His heart cannot.

He is a God of unchangeable love. Peace then, tried
believer! Are you passing now through the deep waters?
Who kept you from sinking when wading through the last?
Who brought you through the last fire?
Who supported you under the last cross?
Who delivered you out of the last temptation?
Was it not God, your faithful, unchangeable God?

This God, then, is your God now, and your God forever

and ever! And He will be your guide even unto death!

"His providence's may change, His heart cannot"

Written by: Octavius Winslow

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
I only heard this once and from a former pastor....who has the same opinion about tv preachers. ;)

It's the prophecy in the OT where the dispersed begin to go back to Israel and yes it's happening now. So we know that the catching up will occur soon. But soon could be years yet. We think in time. Not so much the Lord who is eternal.
I do believe in the regathering of Israel.

I just believe it slightly differently than others, in that I believe the TWO shall become ONE people, not TWO distinct people of God. But rather that Jews and Gentiles in one BODY(of Christ) make up the saved peoples.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I do believe in the regathering of Israel.

I just believe it slightly differently than others, in that I believe the TWO shall become ONE people, not TWO distinct people of God. But rather that Jews and Gentiles in one BODY(of Christ) make up the saved peoples.
Are you referring to the two sticks coming together in the OT? Interesting.

Could be but is named Israel or Jacob, and Judah, which could represent the body of Christ.

I'm hung up on the two witnesses. :) now I have a lead to follow.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Psalms 103:11-14
11 For as the heavens are high above the earth,
So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
12 As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
13 As a father pities his children,
So the Lord pities those who fear Him.
14 For He knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust.
What I love about your posts Bill, is they are always reminding us of who we are in Gods great love. You reveal His true nature!

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Are you referring to the two sticks coming together in the OT? Interesting.

Could be but is named Israel or Jacob, and Judah, which could represent the body of Christ.

I'm hung up on the two witnesses. :) now I have a lead to follow.
Im referring to this:

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

And the context surrounding this.

There are branches, and all of us jew or gentile are part of the same tree.