Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Then you are saying that OSAS is not a true doctrine, but those saved will be the ones that take care of Jesus's physical brethren? Am I right?
This is also what I understood.
Which would be wrong, of course.
Jesus was speaking to those that DID
and those that DID NOT....
feed
clothe
visit, etc.

Those that did were at His right hand and blessed by the Father.
Mathew 25:34

Those that did NOT were on His left and were told to depart from Him (Jesus)
Mathew 25:41

It can't get much clearer than this...

Matthew55

Dec 29, 2018
Wrong

Faith saves

Mere belief or a dead faith does not

True faith will always be accompanied by works

Fake faith or dead faith will not.
If true faith is always accompanied by works, then we have a simple test to know if someone truly believes and someone who is faking it?

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
To me...foreknown and freewill do not reconcile.
If you foreknow that your child will not drink the milk you offer him because you know he doesn't like it....

Does that affect whether or not he'll drink it?
He can still drink it if he wants to.
He can decide he'd like to try it.
Or he can do as he always does and not drink it.

Foreknowing is different than predestinating.

If God predestined the future -- then we would have no free will.
If God only KNOWS the future .. then our free will is not affected...He just knows before hand what we will do.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
:D Can you say Milk shake! Pretty thick!

He aint sayin that at all:ROFL:
Once again, you show what a really nice person you are.

You really should not criticize others till you get that log out of your own eye.
Mathew 7:3

Matthew55

Dec 29, 2018
This is also what I understood.
Which would be wrong, of course.
Jesus was speaking to those that DID
and those that DID NOT....
feed
clothe
visit, etc.

Those that did were at His right hand and blessed by the Father.
Mathew 25:34

Those that did NOT were on His left and were told to depart from Him (Jesus)
Mathew 25:41

It can't get much clearer than this...
So were any on the left part of the OSAS Christians?

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
So were any on the left part of the OSAS Christians?
This is the whole point...
Which many refuse to see.

Jesus does not speak too much about being saved.
He does NOT speak about those who are saved and those who are not saved
in His discourse in Mathew 25:31-46

Jesus ONLY SPEAKS about those that DO
and those that DO NOT DO

The sheep are those that HEAR JESUS' voice
John 10:27
To THESE sheep He gives eternal life.

The goats are those that do NOT HEAR JESUS' voice
Those on His left.
Those to whom He says will go to eternal punishment.

I do not see the words "born again" or that concept anywhere in these verses.
I only see those that obey, and those that do not obey.

A Christian must be born from above...
John 3:3
AND he must obey the words of Jesus.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Once again, you show what a really nice person you are.

You really should not criticize others till you get that log out of your own eye.
Mathew 7:3
You ate in a continuous state of sin by being here Fran. How do you justify it in your mind?

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
Hi gb9, yes Fran has violated forum rules as she has admitted being banned in her post. Being banned from a forum is usually caused by violating the forums, "Terms of Use", they do this by blocking your IP address.

Fran is a bad girl for sure and by returning to the forum she has further violated this forums terms of use, she needs to be "Re-banned" for defying forum rules until she stops returning and causing divisions and bad feelings among posters.
The Riot in Ephesus About that time there arose a great disturbance about the Way. A silversmith named Demetrius, who made silver shrines of Artemis, brought in no little business for the craftsmen. He called them together, along with the workmen in related trades, and said: “Men, you know we receive a good income from this business. And you see and hear how this fellow Paul has convinced and led astray large numbers of people here in Ephesus and in practically the whole province of Asia. He says that man-made gods are no gods at all. There is danger not only that our trade will lose its good name, but also that the temple of the great goddess Artemis will be discredited, and the goddess herself, who is worshiped throughout the province of Asia and the world, will be robbed of her divine majesty.” When they heard this, they were furious and began shouting: “Great is Artemis of the Ephesians!” Soon the whole city was in an uproar. The people seized Gaius and Aristarchus, Paul’s traveling companions from Macedonia, and rushed as one man into the theater. Paul wanted to appear before the crowd, but the disciples would not let him. Even some of the officials of the province, friends of Paul, sent him a message begging him not to venture into the theater. The assembly was in confusion: Some were shouting one thing, some another. Most of the people did not even know why they were there. The Jews pushed Alexander to the front, and some of the crowd shouted instructions to him. He motioned for silence in order to make a defense before the people. But when they realized he was a Jew, they all shouted in unison for about two hours: “Great is Artemis of the Ephesians!” The city clerk quieted the crowd and said: “Men of Ephesus, doesn’t all the world know that the city of Ephesus is the guardian of the temple of the great Artemis and of her image, which fell from heaven? Therefore, since these facts are undeniable, you ought to be quiet and not do anything rash. You have brought these men here, though they have neither robbed temples nor blasphemed our goddess. If, then, Demetrius and his fellow craftsmen have a grievance against anybody, the courts are open and there are proconsuls. They can press charges. If there is anything further you want to bring up, it must be settled in a legal assembly. As it is, we are in danger of being charged with rioting because of today’s events. In that case we would not be able to account for this commotion, since there is no reason for it.” After he had said this, he dismissed the assembly. Acts 19:23-41

...“What shall I do, then, with Jesus who is called Christ?” Pilate asked. They all answered, “Crucify him!” “Why? What crime has he committed?” asked Pilate. But they shouted all the louder, “Crucify him!” When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. “I am innocent of this man’s blood,” he said. “It is your responsibility!” All the people answered, “Let his blood be on us and on our children!” Matthew 27:22-25

...Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.” John 8:42-47

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
The Riot in Ephesus About that time there arose a great disturbance about the Way. A silversmith named Demetrius, who made silver shrines of Artemis, brought in no little business for the craftsmen. He called them together, along with the workmen in related trades, and said: “Men, you know we receive a good income from this business. And you see and hear how this fellow Paul has convinced and led astray large numbers of people here in Ephesus and in practically the whole province of Asia. He says that man-made gods are no gods at all. There is danger not only that our trade will lose its good name, but also that the temple of the great goddess Artemis will be discredited, and the goddess herself, who is worshiped throughout the province of Asia and the world, will be robbed of her divine majesty.” When they heard this, they were furious and began shouting: “Great is Artemis of the Ephesians!” Soon the whole city was in an uproar. The people seized Gaius and Aristarchus, Paul’s traveling companions from Macedonia, and rushed as one man into the theater. Paul wanted to appear before the crowd, but the disciples would not let him. Even some of the officials of the province, friends of Paul, sent him a message begging him not to venture into the theater. The assembly was in confusion: Some were shouting one thing, some another. Most of the people did not even know why they were there. The Jews pushed Alexander to the front, and some of the crowd shouted instructions to him. He motioned for silence in order to make a defense before the people. But when they realized he was a Jew, they all shouted in unison for about two hours: “Great is Artemis of the Ephesians!” The city clerk quieted the crowd and said: “Men of Ephesus, doesn’t all the world know that the city of Ephesus is the guardian of the temple of the great Artemis and of her image, which fell from heaven? Therefore, since these facts are undeniable, you ought to be quiet and not do anything rash. You have brought these men here, though they have neither robbed temples nor blasphemed our goddess. If, then, Demetrius and his fellow craftsmen have a grievance against anybody, the courts are open and there are proconsuls. They can press charges. If there is anything further you want to bring up, it must be settled in a legal assembly. As it is, we are in danger of being charged with rioting because of today’s events. In that case we would not be able to account for this commotion, since there is no reason for it.” After he had said this, he dismissed the assembly. Acts 19:23-41

...“What shall I do, then, with Jesus who is called Christ?” Pilate asked. They all answered, “Crucify him!” “Why? What crime has he committed?” asked Pilate. But they shouted all the louder, “Crucify him!” When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. “I am innocent of this man’s blood,” he said. “It is your responsibility!” All the people answered, “Let his blood be on us and on our children!” Matthew 27:22-25

...Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.” John 8:42-47
Here's how I see.
I think I've posted this before...:

sheep white.jpg

It used to be the other way around.....

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Here is what I think the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION, will probably be:

When the Third Temple Priests refuse to Worship the Antichrist, he will most likely order them executed, most like with a GUILLOTINE, on top of the Wing of a Temple, where every one can see, and head it as a Warning:

Daniel 9:27 (HCSB)
27 He [Antichrist] will make a firm covenant with many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and offering. And the abomination of desolation will be on a wing of the temple until the decreed destruction is poured out on the desolator.”

Dec 12, 2013
Listen to "us"?
Who is "us"?

I like to listen to what Jesus said since HE's the one that's going to save my soul for eternity.
The believe the bolded must be tragic.....My bible teaches that salvation is eternally given at the moment of belief, has present continuing results and is maintained by Christ himself......

E

eternally-gratefull

Much more though bro.

A genuine faith that is struggling or has wandered will cry out to God for help.
If they don't initially then just like God did in the garden he will call

"Adam, Adam where are you?

A true believer will never be happy if they are not walking with God.
One who is not does not give two hoots.
Amen, because they are a new creation.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
The believe the bolded must be tragic.....My bible teaches that salvation is eternally given at the moment of belief, has present continuing results and is maintained by Christ himself......
Christ failed then with this guy:

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Yes , we are saved already by Gods Amazing grace , then we follow our Shepard because we now hear His voice...xox...
God said " We are saved , not by works , works follow but do not save us , I can confidently post this now because I know it is the truth :giggle:...

E

eternally-gratefull

If true faith is always accompanied by works, then we have a simple test to know if someone truly believes and someone who is faking it?
How can you, the religious person will appear to have all kinds of works, so how can you tell who has faith in god, and who are just going through the motions because their faith is in their works,

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
How can you, the religious person will appear to have all kinds of works, so how can you tell who has faith in god, and who are just going through the motions because their faith is in their works,
Amen...God knows our motives behind our works , we do not need to parade them in front of people to be showy like the ones who do...xox...

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Amen to that!
i'm happy to know you agree...some believe we lose our free will when we become saved again.
This would mean that God holds us hostage...
If you foreknow that your child will not drink the milk you offer him because you know he doesn't like it....

Does that affect whether or not he'll drink it?
He can still drink it if he wants to.
He can decide he'd like to try it.
Or he can do as he always does and not drink it.

Foreknowing is different than predestinating.

If God predestined the future -- then we would have no free will.
If God only KNOWS the future .. then our free will is not affected...He just knows before hand what we will do.
You can't apply your own reasoning to the truth of the scriptures Fran.

1 Peter 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Foreknew means known before. Being outside of time, God knows the beginning from the end. And vice versa.

See the purging in that scripture Fran? Sanctification is worked within us to "obedience" and during the whole process of salvation, we can see the positional salvation. Called the finished work of the Cross! And then? Continually sprinkling blood on our conscience because He does not condemn. Our heart will, but again...grace is greater.

And we love Him for His first loving us.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
The only way to prove your point here would be to show from Scriptures an individual who WAS SAVED or BELIEVED and then STOPPED believing or got LOST.

If there is such a verse then I believe everyone here would agree with you. I know I would

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
The only way to prove your point here would be to show from Scriptures an individual who WAS SAVED or BELIEVED and then STOPPED believing or got LOST.

If there is such a verse then I believe everyone here would agree with you. I know I would
Easy.
Adam
Judas Iscariot

Good night.