Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Yes, I think that is good advise. So when Jesus says to do something, I will try to do it. I will not ignore it because somehow it does not pertain to the gospel of grace.

Then you do not understand what the GOSPEL OF GRACE actually is.

Your Human Spirit is saved by GRACE, the Moment you genuinely BELIEVE IN HIM. After that SALVATION, You begin the Process of Sanctification, which SPAWNS out of the LOVE HE POURED INTO YOUR SPIRIT in ROM. 5:5. EVERY PART OF THE CHRISTIAN LIFESTYLE spawns out of GOD's LOVE that HE POURED INTO OUR HEARTS (Human Spirit). THUS, OBEDIENCE Spawns from OUR LOVE FOR HIM. Obedience never has been part of SALVATION, it has ALWAYS BEEN part of our LOVE, and Our LOVE was PRODUCED by GOD's LOVE IN OUR HEARTS (BORN AGAIN HUMAN SPIRIT).

It is NOT a matter of I HAVE TO OBEY, at all.

IT IS A MATTER OF IF I REALLY WAS SAVED, I WANT TO OBEY, BECAUSE THAT IS PART OF THE GENUINE BORN AGAIN HUMAN SPIRIT.

John 14:15 (HCSB)
15If you love Me, you will keep My commands.

1 John 5:3 (HCSB)
3 For this is what love for God is: to keep His commands. Now His commands are not a burden,

IT IS NOT A BURDEN, BECAUSE IT IS DONE AS AN ACT OF GENUINE LOVE.

AND WE DO NOT EVEN GET TO TAKE CREDIT FOR THAT LOVE.

Romans 5:5 (HCSB)
5 This hope will not disappoint ⌊us⌋, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

U

UnderGrace

I personally believe the contrast is between a mere belief in God and actual saving faith...the same problem the Jews have unto this very day.....they believe in God, but have no saving faith or trust into Christ.........

A challenge.....okay. okay.... let me get on it then.....first :coffee: or maybe :coffee::coffee:

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I might twist it Stone.
I write pages to you and you reply with one sentence to say you disagree.

If you don't understand what "have Jesus" means
or "abide IN Jesus" means...

well, that might be the reason you're confused about some things.
You should try to understand what this means under your own steam...not mine.
I went back to the post. I believe it's about 4 sentences, not one.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Then you do not understand what the GOSPEL OF GRACE actually is.

Your Human Spirit is saved by GRACE, the Moment you genuinely BELIEVE IN HIM. After that SALVATION, You begin the Process of Sanctification, which SPAWNS out of the LOVE HE POURED INTO YOUR SPIRIT in ROM. 5:5. EVERY PART OF THE CHRISTIAN LIFESTYLE spawns out of GOD's LOVE that HE POURED INTO OUR HEARTS (Human Spirit). THUS, OBEDIENCE Spawns from OUR LOVE FOR HIM. Obedience never has been part of SALVATION, it has ALWAYS BEEN part of our LOVE, and Our LOVE was PRODUCED by GOD's LOVE IN OUR HEARTS (BORN AGAIN HUMAN SPIRIT).

It is NOT a matter of I HAVE TO OBEY, at all.

IT IS A MATTER OF IF I REALLY WAS SAVED, I WANT TO OBEY, BECAUSE THAT IS PART OF THE GENUINE BORN AGAIN HUMAN SPIRIT.

John 14:15 (HCSB)
15If you love Me, you will keep My commands.

1 John 5:3 (HCSB)
3 For this is what love for God is: to keep His commands. Now His commands are not a burden,

IT IS NOT A BURDEN, BECAUSE IT IS DONE AS AN ACT OF GENUINE LOVE.

AND WE DO NOT EVEN GET TO TAKE CREDIT FOR THAT LOVE.

Romans 5:5 (HCSB)
5 This hope will not disappoint ⌊us⌋, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Why on earth would anyone give this post a thumbs down?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Right.
So I saved myself a lot of typing...
You just proved my point.
I don't know why you are offended because I agree with Dcontroversal in the foundation of this thread. There are many offshoots here that I disagree with. and truthfully, we have never agreed on this subject, that is if you are Fran.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
I gave the thumbs down.

Here's why:

1. I've read that post so many times .... it's copied and pasted.
NO ONE should even read a copied and pasted reply because it shows no thought.

2. It's boooooring.

3. Enough with the I OBEY BECAUSE I LOVE...
NO! We obey because we MUST obey or we'll be cut off like the original Jews.
Romans 11:20-21
20Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;
21for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either.

Do you leave your wife when you stop feeling love for her?
Are you going to leave God when (or if) you ever stop FEELING this love for Him?

Our Christianity is a commitment.
When we became Christian, we committed ourselves to the obedience to God.
Whether or not we wanted to obey.

Saying that we obey because we love
implies that we only follow the commandments of Jesus that we want to follow because of our love.
No. We must follow every commandment to the best of our ability.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
I don't know why you are offended because I agree with Dcontroversal in the foundation of this thread. There are many offshoots here that I disagree with. and truthfully, we have never agreed on this subject, that is if you are Fran.
Correct!
I think you should ask @dcontroversal any question you may have.
You like getting answers from those that agree with you because it's more comforting than hearing the truth.

Problem is...Dcon really never gives a reply.
But the snippets he says sound so good to you....
whether or not it's the truth matters not.

E

eternally-gratefull

I wondered who you were talking to. Now it makes sense.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
P.S.
I'm not offended because you agree with Dcon.
I'm not here to change YOUR mind.
The reason I hesitate to answer you is because you don't really want to know the answer.
I don't even know why you ask me anything....

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
P.S.
I'm not offended because you agree with Dcon.
I'm not here to change YOUR mind.
The reason I hesitate to answer you is because you don't really want to know the answer.
I don't even know why you ask me anything....
Now you are judging motives. I asked you because I wanted to see if we had the same understanding on what having Jesus means. I even posted that.

Dec 12, 2013
Correct!
I think you should ask @dcontroversal any question you may have.
You like getting answers from those that agree with you because it's more comforting than hearing the truth.

Problem is...Dcon really never gives a reply.
But the snippets he says sound so good to you....
whether or not it's the truth matters not.
The above is false, which makes you what exactly...Proverbs 6!!

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I gave the thumbs down.

Here's why:

1. I've read that post so many times .... it's copied and pasted.
NO ONE should even read a copied and pasted reply because it shows no thought.

2. It's boooooring.

3. Enough with the I OBEY BECAUSE I LOVE...
NO! We obey because we MUST obey or we'll be cut off like the original Jews.
Romans 11:20-21
20Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;
21for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either.

Do you leave your wife when you stop feeling love for her?
Are you going to leave God when (or if) you ever stop FEELING this love for Him?

Our Christianity is a commitment.
When we became Christian, we committed ourselves to the obedience to God.
Whether or not we wanted to obey.

Saying that we obey because we love
implies that we only follow the commandments of Jesus that we want to follow because of our love.
No. We must follow every commandment to the best of our ability.

The word must makes it law. If this is what you are basing your salvation on, then you will be judged accordingly.

But, we are made a new creation. His workmanship created for works. It just feels good to be used of the Lord. :)

longtrekker

Sep 23, 2014
Sorry sis i can not agree

Dead faith is no faith at all

James made this clear. Merely beliving in Jesus but not trusting in him is well, but not enough, even demons believe and tremble
Hi EG

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of someone who would believe in the reality of Christ - but not surrender and follow ( aside from the demons of course...) To 'know' but yet refuse - a scary idea....

Care to expand on that a bit...

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
God’s Righteous Judgment
...You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment "DO THE SAME THINGS". Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness leads you toward repentance? But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. God “will give to each person according to what he has done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism. Romans 2:1-11

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
God’s Righteous Judgment
...You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment "DO THE SAME THINGS". Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness leads you toward repentance? But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. God “will give to each person according to what he has done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism. Romans 2:1-11

Howso when our hearts are being sprinkled with the blood on a continual basis as we see our failings. Or maybe without seeing. I need to check that out.

Must go....has been fun but I have 3 dogs and a parrot to take care of.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
The word must makes it law. If this is what you are basing your salvation on, then you will be judged accordingly.

But, we are made a new creation. His workmanship created for works. It just feels good to be used of the Lord. :)
What are YOU basing YOUR salvation on Stone?
Acts 4:12
John 8:31

What is His word?