Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Amen and Amen ......do not believe these DECEIVERS........To state that works play a part in our salvation is FALSE!!!!!

Works have never justified!!!
They absolutely cannot grasp the factual truth that faith alone is what saves a man eternally and that God looks upon the heart of man.....they also cannot grasp the factual truth that ANY good work is the direct result of the salvation one already possesses in Christ with CHRIST being the one that is doing the work through us....and they cannot grasp the factual truth that every flavor of work will be found in those that are truly born again from above by incorruptible SEED.......and that some believers will have....

a. Good works
b. A blend of good works and bad works
c. Works purified of gold, silver and precious stones
d. Works crispy fried of wood, hay and stubble <---yet they will REMAIN SAVED AND BE SAVED as if coming through the fire....

The biggest detriment to the word of God has come from the Catholic church and all of her daughters that have split off from her, yet still contain any of her fallacies......a working for losable salvation being one of many.....

Dec 12, 2013
There’s a whole lot more than Romans 8:1.

So now you are against the NKJV, KJV, as well as all the other scriptures that pertain to practicing the works of the flesh.

• because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. Therefore do not be partakers with them.

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:1

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. Romans 8:12-13

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. Therefore do not be partakers with them.
Ephesians 5:5-7

• because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. Therefore do not be partakers with them.

JPT
No, I am against your false interpretation and working for losable salvation which is not found in scripture...........wake up......lost men get cast....saved children get whipped and lose reward, but not salvation.....maybe one of these days you will get this factual truth through your head......highly unlikely, but as long as you are breathing there is hope

U

UnderGrace

False again......nothing but flawed and false dogma from you Fran
Is God a liar?? Does He message two opposing ideas...I think not!!

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, NOT OF WORKS lest anyone should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9 NKJV)

Paul does not teach faith alone.
Paul teaches salvation = Faith plus works.

Dec 12, 2013
Is God a liar?? Does He message two opposing ideas...I think not!!

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, NOT OF WORKS lest anyone should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9 NKJV)
Simple as hey........written in plain words and easy to understand......and like the old saying....TAKE it on faith.............

You know......if salvation was by works or maintained by works there would NOT be one verse that states it is not of works and and or hundreds that state is it by faith (with no works found in said verses) ......context alleviates all twisted verse used by the Catholics, workers for, Cainologists and Pharisees.........

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
It surprises me how those who have been reading the word of God for years and years , yet claim that Salvation is earned by works...
You would think they would understand Salvation by grace through faith and nothing else is shown clearly...
I have been reading my Bible for 3 years now , and once I understood Ephesians 2:8 , the Bible comes alive for those who are in Christ Jesus...
I understand exactly why my brothers and sister in here swing their sword mightily against those who claim we must work for what our LORD and Savior has already done , it is very sad indeed...xox...

U

UnderGrace

It surprises me how those who have been reading the word of God for years and years , yet claim that Salvation is earned by works...
You would think they would understand Salvation by grace through faith and nothing else is shown clearly...
I have been reading my Bible for 3 years now , and once I understood Ephesians 2:8 , the Bible comes alive for those who are in Christ Jesus...
I understand exactly why my brothers and sister in here swing their sword mightily against those who claim we must work for what our LORD and Savior has already done , it is very sad indeed...xox...
Exactly, this false belief is a complete offense to what Jesus did for us!!

Dec 12, 2013
Rose....I am thankful to the God of heaven for the simplicity in Christ being revealed unto you...I remember when you first came in here and I could see the struggle in your words and NOW you belt truth out and can SEE the evident truth....and YOU KNOW that none of us are against works.....but rather are for the proper perspective of works and how they relate to one who has been saved by faith and faith alone....

Keep swinging sister....those who devalue Christ, his power, promises and work on our behalf are numerous...rank and file they assault the truth daily!

U

UnderGrace

The Reason you cant lose your salvation is because there is no such thing as your salvation. "Salvation to our God" Those in Christ partake of His salvation. "Let no one take your crown." I need to let this go
Jesus was not saved.

Salvation/Eternal life is indeed a possession of the individual here on this earth.

U

UnderGrace

It's important to quote scripture because there's no other way to know what a member is speaking about. A poster here always mentions the "incorruptible seed"...how we take on the incorruptible.

Your scripture posted above shows that this incorruptible seed happens AFTER our death and not before. (which would be 1 Corinthians 15:50-58).

When scripture is posted, a reader can see for himself what is being said.
As is proven by this thread...some scripture is misunderstood, or understood in such as way as to make it conform to a belief that already exists. (eisegesis).

We take on incorruptible seed after we die...when we will never die again...we become immortal and get back this gift which we originally had before the fall.
Well that works with your working for salvation doctrine but it is not what the scripture is stating

God does NOT change the seed of Adam to become a better seed!

He is after a “new creation man” wherein an immortal, incorruptible Spirit man in the image of the Father (Christ Jesus) can be in a spirit body of flesh and bone.

We receive the free gift of this incorruptible seed when we receive Christ as our Savior.

This is a cornerstone concept of the new testament, this is why salvation cannot be lost.

U

UnderGrace

...How foolish! What you sow does not come to life UNLESS IT DIES.
You call the plan of salvation foolish?

Yes we do die before we are born again, we die to self effort of trying to earn salvation and accept Jesus as Savior!

You are really mixing up scripture very badly, mixing what is to come (heaven) with what is given in the here and now.

…7For anyone who has died has been freed from sin. 8Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with Him.

This ^^^^^^ is for those who have been born again/regenerated/redeemed spiritually in Him on this planet

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Well that works with your working for salvation doctrine but it is not what the scripture is stating

God does NOT change the seed of Adam to become a better seed!

He is after a “new creation man” wherein an immortal, incorruptible Spirit man in the image of the Father (Christ Jesus) can be in a spirit body of flesh and bone.

We receive the free gift of this incorruptible seed when we receive Christ as our Savior.

This is a cornerstone concept of the new testament, this is why salvation cannot be lost.
Scripture?

U

UnderGrace

Roman 8

1There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus made me free from the law of sin and of death. 3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4that the ordinance of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5For they that are after the flesh mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6For the mind of the flesh is death; but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace: 7because the mind of the flesh is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can it be: 8and they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
https://www.biblehub.com/asv/romans/8.htm

Contrast between the corruptible seed (the flesh, knowledge of good and evil) and the incorruptible seed (Jesus, the Tree of Life)

Peter states right here `born again`is an earthly real time event

23for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God.
1Peter 1:23

This seed cannot be corrupted or perish.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Simple as hey........"written in plain words and easy to understand"......and like the old saying....TAKE it on faith.............

You know......if salvation was by works or maintained by works there would NOT be one verse that states it is not of works and and or hundreds that state is it by faith (with no works found in said verses) ......context alleviates all twisted verse used by the Catholics, workers for, Cainologists and Pharisees.........
Amen decon, "Assurance of Salvation" is a proven doctrine of the Church; here are just a few verses in support of "Assurance of Salvation", from God's truth.

These verses of a Christians "Assurance of Salvation" are written in the bible for you and I that, "we may know that we have eternal life." 1John5:13.

Those who push a false gospel have "no good news" only maybe if you keep up your precious works for God and merit entrance to heaven only then will you know for sure if you are saved; the counterfeit gospel is a gospel that is "losable" and it will never give you anything but doubt and wonder if you are good enough to enter God's kingdom.

A counterfeit faith plus works gospel or a merit type of salvation gospel is nothing more than a modern day Pharisee hypocrisy; they are whitewash and beautiful tombs on the outside but full of dirty old deadman's bones on the inside, Jesus had nothing but condemnation to say for the hypocritical self-righteous religious of His day.

Assurance of Salvation

"The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,"
Romans 8:16

John 5:24 - "has eternal life"
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me 'has eternal life'. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
John 3:36 - "has eternal life"
Whoever believes in the Son 'has eternal life'; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.
Ephesians 2:8-9 - "have been saved"
For by grace you 'have been saved' through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
John 10:28 - "never parish"
I give them eternal life, and they will 'never perish', and no one will snatch them out of my hand.
1 John 5:13 - "that you may "know" that you have "eternal life."
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God 'that you may know that you have eternal life."
Romans 8:1 - "no condemnation"
There is therefore now 'no condemnation' for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Romans 10:13 - "will be saved"
For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord 'will be saved.
John 3:16 - "have eternal life"
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but
'have eternal life."
Romans 10:13-14 - "will be saved"
For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?
John 10:27-30 - "I give them eternal life"
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 'I give them eternal life', and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one.”
John 6:37 - "I will never cast out"
All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me 'I will never cast out."
John 14:16 - our advocate "The Holy Spirit", will be with us "forever"
"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and 'be with you forever.
Romans 8:38-39 - "nothing will separate us from the love of God."
For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
"We shall be judged by the perfect law of liberty."
The Truth set us free from our divided spirit, to live in freedom from the sin nature of ego as the fruit of the mind of the flesh in knowledge of good and evil.
Stillness

Where in scripture does it say our spirit is divided?

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
The truth is that the deceiver has been deceiving from the beginning until now.

These deceivers will REJECT and NULLIFY the Word and believe the deceiving spirits.(Isaiah 5:20-24, Mark 7:6-13)

...while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. 2 Timothy 3:13

...THE SPIRIT CLEARLY SAYS that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through HYPOCRITICAL LIARS, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 1 Timothy 4:1-2

How would we know who were the ones that were deceived?

We know that Eve was deceived when she believed the deceiver and disobeyed God's command.

Who are the deceivers and who were deceived?

..But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19 These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

...At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. Matthew 24:10‭-‬14‭, ‬24

...For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve. 2 Corinthians 11:13‭-‬15

And those that were deceived believed in the deceivers mentioned above and disobeyed God's commands because they were made to believe that they would not surely die, IOW, "always saved". But scriptures warn us not to be deceived;

...Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them. Ephesians 5:6‭-‬7

...Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’ ” “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. “For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”... Genesis 3:1‭-‬19

Just think what could have happened if Eve did not believe the serpents deception but OBEYED God instead. ...NO NEED TO DISCUSS SALVATION FOR SURE because no one needs to be saved.

The truth is that Adam and Eve were created according to the image of God's righteousness and holiness and they BELIEVE and OBEY God until they got DECEIVED and disobeyed God. If they were deceived, why can't you?

Did God warn us about the deception? If He did, then why refuse to take heed of them?

So who would say now that OBEDIENCE TO GOD HAS NO BEARING IN SALVATION?
They absolutely cannot grasp the factual truth that faith alone is what saves a man eternally and that God looks upon the heart of man.....they also cannot grasp the factual truth that ANY good work is the direct result of the salvation one already possesses in Christ with CHRIST being the one that is doing the work through us....and they cannot grasp the factual truth that every flavor of work will be found in those that are truly born again from above by incorruptible SEED.......and that some believers will have....

a. Good works
b. A blend of good works and bad works
c. Works purified of gold, silver and precious stones
d. Works crispy fried of wood, hay and stubble <---yet they will REMAIN SAVED AND BE SAVED as if coming through the fire....

The biggest detriment to the word of God has come from the Catholic church and all of her daughters that have split off from her, yet still contain any of her fallacies......a working for losable salvation being one of many.....

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Amen and Amen ......do not believe these DECEIVERS........To state that works play a part in our salvation is FALSE!!!!!

Works have never justified!!!
Hi UnderGrace, I have just read an article that agrees with your statement that "works have never justified", but they took this truth a step further or better yet a step backwards and said; those who believe in "Salvation by Grace Plus Works", are moving backwards 'by gravitational pull' to a theology of Catholicism.

The author also said that, "Assurance of Salvation", is believed by most Protestant Church members, however they did not reveal their source of information; does not seem far from the truth from my point of view.