Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
You have been answered. The reference is not to living a sinfull lifestyle as a believer. And if you refuse to accept what is plainly the truth, you will have to throw out half the books of the NT for Paul states/warns living a lifestyle of sin as he states in Gal5:19-21 will bar you from the kingdom of Heaven

Does that mean that YOU BELEIVE YOU ARE SINLESS ? ? ?

E

eternally-gratefull

If I am wrong Paul is wrong and if Paul is wrong then you have to throw out half the books of the NT. I rather think humility would be seen by admitting to error, rather than being prepared to cast aspersions on Paul's message.
As for your personal attack on me, I am not suprised
Paul is not wrong, hour interpretation of him his

Jesus and john were clear, all sin will be forgiven and a child of god can not live in sin.

You deny these facts, thus you claim both of them liars, period

Dec 12, 2013
My bible says NOTHING can

Funny thing......and tragically idiotic at the same time....PAUL said NOTHING could separate him or us from the love of GOD and I post this truth and get a red x from @PROTESTANTHERETICS .......GOTTA LOVE THE HERETICS THAT RED X THE WORD OF GOD..........

Hey Heretic.........pay attention

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Funny thing......and tragically idiotic at the same time....PAUL said NOTHING could separate him or us from the love of GOD and I post this truth and get a red x from @PROTESTANTHERETICS .......GOTTA LOVE THE HERETICS THAT RED X THE WORD OF GOD..........

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Doesnt say missing weekly mass, gotcha protestants! :p

It says it right here in the original languages:
Im using the Codex Decepticus latin manuscript:

Catholicus Deceiviticus Chapter 20 Verse 31 reads: "If you miss weekly mass your sins wont be forgiven for that week, unless of course.... You cut that CHECK bwoi!"

Does anyone remember when the Vatican LITERALLY (not joking here) said you get time off in purgatory for following the Pope on twitter?

Dec 12, 2013
Doesnt say missing weekly mass, gotcha protestants! :p
You really have to wonder about the people on this site that red x the word of God......either they are not of God or they are completely ignorant of the word of God.......................how you doing brother....??

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
okay, then you and Calvin are deceivers and scripture twisters if you teach OSAS doctrine...in fact i have been warned that if an ANGEL come preaching any other doctrine to tell him he is a deceiver and a scripture twister

You are counting as Christians, Church Goers that are NOT BORN AGAIN, and those are the one's that FALL AWAY. Sitting on a pew does not make you a Christian, anymore than sitting in a garage would make you a CAR. NO genuine, inner, personal, LOVE relationship, with Jesus Christ as LORD, meaning MASTER; you are NOT a True Christian, just a Church Goer.

1 John 2:19 (HCSB)
19 They went out from us, but they did not belong to us; for if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us. However, they went out so that it might be made clear that none of them belongs to us.

John 10:26-30 (HCSB)
26 But you don’t believe because you are not My sheep.
27 My sheep hear My voice, I know them, and they follow Me.
28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish—ever! No one will snatch them out of My hand.
29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.
30 The Father and I are one.”

Matthew 25:1-13 (HCSB)
1 “Then the kingdom of heaven will be like 10 virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the groom.
2 Five of them were foolish and five were sensible.
3 When the foolish took their lamps, they didn’t take olive oil with them.
4 But the sensible ones took oil in their flasks with their lamps.
5 Since the groom was delayed, they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
6 “In the middle of the night there was a shout: Here’s the groom! Come out to meet him.
7 “Then all those virgins got up and trimmed their lamps.
8 But the foolish ones said to the sensible ones, ‘Give us some of your oil, because our lamps are going out.’
9 “The sensible ones answered, ‘No, there won’t be enough for us and for you. Go instead to those who sell, and buy oil for yourselves.’
10 “When they had gone to buy some, the groom arrived. Then those who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet, and the door was shut.
11 “Later the rest of the virgins also came and said, ‘Master, master, open up for us!’
12 “But he replied, ‘I assure you:
I do not know you!
13 “Therefore be alert, because you don’t know either the day or the hour.

KNOWING HIM IS CRITICAL, that is a REFERENCE TO LITERALLY BEING BORN AGAIN, and having the HOLY SPIRIT IN YOU.

1 Corinthians 2:14 (NIV)
14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Matthew 7:20-23 (HCSB)
20 So you’ll recognize them by their fruit.
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord!’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but ⌊only⌋ the one who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 On that day many will say to Me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in Your name, drive out demons in Your name, and do many miracles in Your name?’
23 Then I will announce to them,
I never knew you! Depart from Me, you lawbreakers!’

ONLY, genuine Born Again Christians produce genuine Spiritual Fruit. AND HE SAID WE WILL RECOGNIZE THEM BY THEIR FRUIT.
That is NOT judging, that is DISCERNMENT, and we can tell after watching a person for awhile, whether or not HE/SHE has Spiritual FRUIT.

Galatians 5:22-23 (HCSB)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

1 Peter 1:3-5 (HCSB)
3 Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. According to His great mercy, He has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
4 and into an inheritance that is imperishable, uncorrupted, and unfading, kept in heaven for you.
5 You are being protected by God’s power through faith for a salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

Ephesians 1:11-14 (HCSB)
11 We have also received an inheritance in Him, predestined according to the purpose of the One who works out everything in agreement with the decision of His will,
12 so that we who had already put our hope in the Messiah might bring praise to His glory.
13 When you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and when you believed in Him, you were also sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.
14 He is the down payment of our inheritance, for the redemption of the possession, to the praise of His glory.

2 Timothy 1:9 (HCSB)
9 He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.

Philippians 3:20-21 (HCSB)
20 but our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
21 He will transform the body of our humble condition into the likeness of His glorious body, by the power that enables Him to subject everything to Himself.

Dec 12, 2013
I'm convinced the reason so many people believe this OSAS doctrine is because they love there sin and don't want to change
And you would be wrong on all fronts.....

I am convinced that people believe they can lose their salvation because...

a. They do not trust or believe JESUS, the bible and or the truth
b. They disregard context, Greek verb tense, the verbiage of the bible
c. have been brainwashed by the other salvation losers that have passed on the fallacies of both a and b......

U

UnderGrace

Hi UnderGrace, I do not believe these trolls are gone yet, these 2 posters are still randomly giving RED X's, and never leaving a comment therefore you cannot report them. If you go to their profile it say's, quote: "This user's profile is not available." so go figure. Are these trolls gone, I do not think so, just let the forum be cautious.

Disagree UNLESSYOUDOPENANCE

Disagree PROTESTANTHERETICS
I think it takes a bit of time until they are blocked.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
okay, then you and Calvin are deceivers and scripture twisters if you teach OSAS doctrine...in fact i have been warned that if an ANGEL come preaching any other doctrine to tell him he is a deceiver and a scripture twister

I can tell, you do not know the foggiest about OSAS, only what you have been told. The above is a LOT OF INFO that YOU DID NOT KNOW about OSAS, and I hope you are honest enough to admit you did not know there was so much BIBLICAL support for the Once Saved Always Position. No I do not think you are going to change your Position. However, I ask that YOU stop peddling the LIES that you have been taught about OSAS. One more verse, the ICING on the Cake:

Philippians 1:6 (ESV)
6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

U

UnderGrace

Mr. Heretic has gone bye bye...:LOL:

He seemed to have tremendous difficulty with language and the ability to express himself beyond an X

Dec 12, 2013
What sins of yours don't disqualify you from the Kingdom?

Name them.
Only one.....unbelief into the work of Christ....after belief....where sin abounds, grace abounds the more......you know what I find hilariously sickening about those that peddle a losable salvation like a street organ player in Bombay with a dancing monkey.....NONE of them EVER mention chastening, who gets whipped and why.....THEY ALL without except push this satanic lie that salvation can be lost or forfeit by some sin or failure to jump through religious hoops.....NONE of them speak truth

Dec 12, 2013
here is why I call you a legalist- I have repeatedly agreed with you that Christians are supposed to be doing good works, yet because I am not word-for-word agreeing with you, you continue to argue.

that is what legalist do- micro-manage how to be a Christian.
A new term to add to my growing list....

HOOP JUMPERS, Cainologists, Workers for, Salvation losers and Pharisees.....

Dec 12, 2013
Oh, save the pity party and put your big boy pants on.

You made serious claims about the security of believers based on certain sins, and when that light gets turned on you, you bail with nothing but excuses.
Is that like the night the Lights went out in Georgia.....??

Dec 12, 2013
I tell you someone who doesn't believe In unconditional eternal security is the DEVIL!
If the devil believed this nonsense he would leave the church alone but the Bible warns he walks about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour so maybe you need to educate the devil so he leaves the church alone
That is one of the most idiotic conclusions I have seen in my 52 years.............

Dec 12, 2013
Rom 11 is talking about national isreal vs gentile believers, not the salvation of any single person

Context wouod halp you greatly, paul did not contradict himself, as your trying to make him do
We all know that salvation losers and hoop jumpers cannot possibly look at context............nor Greek verb tense..........and the sickening truth.....NONE of them ever being up chastisement, who and why.....they just jump to the loss of salvation and religious hoop jumping....another form of slavery....

Dec 12, 2013
David should have been put to death under the law.

Why not?
Because the INNOCENT 1st born son of David and Bathsheba paid the price........a big picture of JESUS and then HE was chastened.......something the salvation losers know nothing about.........their god just breaks all his promises and forsakes them........

U

UnderGrace

I dont believe God chooses anyone because of what they do for salvation!

I believe a true believer will persevere in the faith! They wouldnt take the mark of the beast for example, it says the people who dont take it are those who "are written in the book of life from the foundation of the world"

Faith has overcome the world!
So then it is up to the believer to perserver, you see this interpretation leaves the door wide open for a person to stop perservering and then our only option is to say they had false/dead faith or they were not really believers like happens on this thread.

The only way you can adopt this interpretation is to also take on the rest of Calvinism and also argue that God saves those who will preserver, because you have made it up to the person's efforts to succeed.