Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

To be honest with you all I do is explain what many on this site is saying, things like, after being saved you can't go to hell even if you wanted to!!

I cannot tell you the number of people that I have explained their pastor believes that if they ever backslid and go back 2 their sinful lifestyle of fornication, drunkenness Etc and died while in that backslid condition, that they would still go to heaven. 99 percent say to me "no I don't believe that"

When I said to Dcon in an earlier post that he did not get that dumb on his own he had to have help here's what I meant:

I have found that most people who believed OSAS are
people who have been taught this stuff. But you take people who has never been to church saved maybe in a prison service who only has there Bible and prayer to grow in God, I've never found one that comes to the conclusion of unconditional eternal security

To be quite honest with you I hope you guys are right, I really do because I have a cousin who died like a fool in a backslidden condition. At one time he serve God Faithfully, could play any instrument in the church and sing like a professional. He died in adultery in the arms of his girlfriend not his wife and children if you guys are right he's in heaven today. But as much as I want you to be right when I read scripture i can't help but see the danger of this false security Doctrine
Let he who has no sin cast the first stone

How dare you judge a persons salvic statem who made you god?

Eternal life is eternal security, god said when people who are his children sin he chastens them, who can withstand gods chastening? And if they still struggle, would not God just take them home instead of allowing them to hurt themselves, why would he unadopt them? Or kick them out of his family, would you take all your dna out of one of your children because they sin? No matter how bad a sin they commit? So they are no longer your child?

Your faith is in your ability to be righteous, not in Gods ability to keep you from falling, you should be ashamed, instead of attacking a people you do not understand, you should research your own motivations and beliefs.

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
AND the LORD tells us that IF the TARES do not cause a disturbance or teach others False Doctrine, leave them in the FLOCK, sitting in our pews. WHY ? ? ?

The Lord can convert some of those TARES into GENUINE WHEAT, as faith comes by hearing the Word; and YOU will cause their friends to LEAVE THE CHURCH TOO.

Matthew 13:28-30 (NASB)
28 "And he said to them, 'An enemy has done this!' The slaves *said to him, 'Do you want us, then, to go and gather them up?'
29 "But he *said, 'No; for while you are gathering up the tares, you may uproot the wheat with them.
30 'Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn."'"

So YES, we know there are PHONIES in our Flocks, but we leave them there so some may become TRUE CHRISTIANS, and TO INSURE you do NOT to Tare up the Young Wheat that are friends of them, so that they may get grounded in the WORD.
Amen brother VCO, "that all should come to repentance", keep preaching the word...:)

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance

just as a reminder to the forum and this thread that I received a RED X for this post from another troll, where they come from who knows, just beware please.

I received a RED X from this guy
Disagree ExtraEcclesiamNullaSalus

Goodnewsman

Jan 4, 2016
Let he who has no sin cast the first stone

How dare you judge a persons salvic statem who made you god?

Eternal life is eternal security, god said when people who are his children sin he chastens them, who can withstand gods chastening? And if they still struggle, would not God just take them home instead of allowing them to hurt themselves, why would he unadopt them? Or kick them out of his family, would you take all your dna out of one of your children because they sin? No matter how bad a sin they commit? So they are no longer your child?

Your faith is in your ability to be righteous, not in Gods ability to keep you from falling, you should be ashamed, instead of attacking a people you do not understand, you should research your own motivations and beliefs.
Can God not blot your name out of the book of Life?

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Revelation 3:5 KJV

I am not ashamed of the truth. you should be ashamed for telling people if they die in a backslid condition and fallen from Grace that they still enjoy heaven

You better hope your once a son always a son doctrine isn't true

Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Ephesians 2:3 KJV
If it's wants a son always a son then we are all children of the devil
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
1 John 3:10 KJV

The Prodigal Son left home left his father. Do you remember what the father said about him? He said this my son who was dead

God told Adam....you shall die... That was his son

You say that God will chastise or punish the backslider living in open Rebellion, to get them to come back to him

Can you not see the nonsense? How can God as a father punish what God as a judge has already forgiven?

Your Doctrine creates a situation where there can be no punishment for the sins of a Christian

Goodnewsman

Jan 4, 2016
Can I asked a very basic question without being called an idiot

Can a person go to heaven without loving God?

Goodnewsman

Jan 4, 2016
When Jesus paid for all sins with His blood, did that blood also cover your cousin's adultery?[/QUOT

The Bible does not teach your false eternal justification Doctrine of sins past present and future being forgiven even before you commit them

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Romans 3:25 KJV

Did you see it? Did he not just say sins that are past?

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
How hard those must work who believe the salvation given to them by God almighty through the ultimate sacrifice of His Son Jesus Christ can be lost. What security do they have? None.

E

eternally-gratefull

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

I am not ashamed of the truth. you should be ashamed for telling people if they die in a backslid condition and fallen from Grace that they still enjoy heaven

Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

The Prodigal Son left home left his father. Do you remember what the father said about him? He said this my son who was dead

You say that God will chastise or punish the backslider living in open Rebellion, to get them to come back to him

Can you not see the nonsense? How can God as a father punish what God as a judge has already forgiven?

Your Doctrine creates a situation where there can be no punishment for the sins of a Christian
So in other words

I need to earn my salvation as a wage or reward, and not recieve it as a gift.

James said if we break any part of the law, we are found guilty of all. The penalty of that one sin no matter how small it is, is death,

In other words, for every sin you commit, you have a debt of the death penalty against you, and you think even with all of those death penalties you owe God you can earn your salvation by being good?

I do not have to hope osas is true, i have eternal life, eternal is eternal. God did not promise he would give us conditional life, he promised us eternal life.

Seek gods forgiveness, and stop tryimg to seek your own self righteousness thinking god will accept that, as jesus said, many will come in that day boasting of all their good deed, and jesus will say depart for he NEVER KNEW THEM.

Thanks, but my god did not give me a spirit of fear, but a sound mind, he offers me rest, and says come to him as my Abba Father, he does not come to me demanding i work hard to live up to a standard i can never meet to begin with.

Goodnewsman

Jan 4, 2016
HAHAH SEVERAL you say.......and you are going to instruct people that have studied 20, 30 and even 40 years........Paul said that a NOVICE does not make a good preacher/pastor because they will be lifted up in pride.......seems he was correct!!
I'm sorry professor I didn't realize I had to give my credentials before I talk to such a theologian as yourself. To be honest I used the word "several" because I couldn't remember right off the top of my head while I was typing how many years I have been in the ministry. Boy, I won't make that mistake again

I'm sure no matter how long I have been studying the word of God I can never come up to where you are professor, but just so you know who you're laughing at:

I have been in the ministry for 25 years and made myself student of God's word. Me and my family evangelized full time for 7 years. While pastoring me and several other preachers out of our church started a mission work in Africa with a full-time missionary living in Cameroon and pastoring the church there. Over the last 12 years we have branched out from Cameroon and started 32 churches in the pygmy jungles, visiting and supporting each pastor every year. And digging Wells for fresh water in most of our pygmy villages

I Do STILL FEEL LIKE A NOVICE THOUGH

Goodnewsman

Jan 4, 2016
So in other words

I need to earn my salvation as a wage or reward, and not recieve it as a gift.

James said if we break any part of the law, we are found guilty of all. The penalty of that one sin no matter how small it is, is death,

In other words, for every sin you commit, you have a debt of the death penalty against you, and you think even with all of those death penalties you owe God you can earn your salvation by being good?

I do not have to hope osas is true, i have eternal life, eternal is eternal. God did not promise he would give us conditional life, he promised us eternal life.

Seek gods forgiveness, and stop tryimg to seek your own self righteousness thinking god will accept that, as jesus said, many will come in that day boasting of all their good deed, and jesus will say depart for he NEVER KNEW THEM.

Thanks, but my god did not give me a spirit of fear, but a sound mind, he offers me rest, and says come to him as my Abba Father, he does not come to me demanding i work hard to live up to a standard i can never meet to begin with.
Did anybody else notice that you did not even attempt to answer the question.

Try not to use words like"so in other words". Let the Bible speak for itself

I know why you want to avoid this question because it goes contrary to what you believe

N

NoNameMcgee

_______

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world

_______

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

N

NoNameMcgee

Eg never implied God can't make us new... (1 of your strawmen)

you conflate physical death with eternal hellfire

you are in error about the son who was perceived as dead (but living all the while)

also... God promises to NOT blot the names out of the book of life to ALL who overcome <- Jesus overcame

and it is His righteousness imputed to us that justifies us

we overcome by faith in Him

Feb 5, 2019
Is love a fruit? Can you be a Christian without love? Let me know

Does it take years to bear fruit like love and light shining from the time one is born again? See post 596 of God Lied
How does what I am saying contradict Isaiah 49?
that would depend on who s love you seek, if you have a helmet of salvation , you already have gods love, if your cut off , why are you still reading the bible, just point to the sky and say jesus christ skeleton went up there.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
AND the LORD tells us that IF the TARES do not cause a disturbance or teach others False Doctrine, leave them in the FLOCK, sitting in our pews. WHY ? ? ?

The Lord can convert some of those TARES into GENUINE WHEAT, as faith comes by hearing the Word; and YOU will cause their friends to LEAVE THE CHURCH TOO.

Matthew 13:28-30 (NASB)
28 "And he said to them, 'An enemy has done this!' The slaves *said to him, 'Do you want us, then, to go and gather them up?'
29 "But he *said, 'No; for while you are gathering up the tares, you may uproot the wheat with them.
30 'Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn."'"

So YES, we know there are PHONIES in our Flocks, but we leave them there so some may become TRUE CHRISTIANS, and TO INSURE you do NOT to Tare up the Young Wheat that are friends of them, so that they may get grounded in the WORD.
Am I the only one who gets the understanding from these verses also that SOMETIMES it might be hard to SPOT between WHEAT and TARE?

Because why else would Jesus say that you may uproot the wheat with the tares if you go pluckin out the tares?

Anyone agree?

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
Amen brother VCO, "that all should come to repentance", keep preaching the word...:)

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance

just as a reminder to the forum and this thread that I received a RED X for this post from another troll, where they come from who knows, just beware please.

I received a RED X from this guy
Disagree ExtraEcclesiamNullaSalus
Romans came to mind when I read this, and I wanted to add Romans 2:3-5.

3 Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
I am crying as im writing this!

Seems like BAD NEWS comes REGULARLY, no rest for the wicked i guess!

Sometimes i feel like life on the inside is easier than on the outside!