Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
That's because salvation IS earned ....
But must go now.
HERESY!

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Titus 3:5
He saved us, not by the righteous deeds we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of new birth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.

Romans 3:20
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

2 Timothy 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

After reading this comment i really think we should SHIFT the conversation from the perseverance of the saints and any of that, its almost irrelevant after reading this. Maybe you should wonder if you even BELIEVE THE GOSPEL at this point? If you believe you can EARN your salvation ARE YOU EVEN SAVED??? This is no play time!

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
Why does the Holy Spirit teach you unbiblical ideas?
Wow that's blasphemy.

Does God forces people to sin?

No God teaches His children to ear meat..to divide good and bad. Then to live godly lives

If all you want to do is attack, you can stop addressing me.

Dec 12, 2013
W

Was Judas born a devil?

When his mother cooked his fevered brow and kissed him as a baby....was he a devil?

When he ran and played with other kids in the yard....was he a a devil?

No more than you and I......

I agree Jesus called Judas knowing what he would do, but please tell me, did God force Judas to betray? Or was it Satan who tempted him?

Just as God calls people today that he can see down the road will betray him yet his Mercy still reaches for them

Jesus looked at Peter and said "get behind me Satan, thou savorest not the things which be of God"

As far as your argument that you compare Judas to those in Matthew saying did we not........this is a nonsensical argument. The big difference was Jesus called Judas and ordained him an apostle..... empowered him to preach the gospel
Jesus would not be able to say to Judas in judgement "I never knew you'
The wicked go astray from the womb. <--God said this thru one of his servants

I though you were a preacher and knew the word

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Note I said God loves murderers not that He would allow them to continue to murder. His holy spirit will transform any sinner into a saint by various means.

God chastens His children. If someone sins and is not chastened by God, then they are not His child.

Paul was a murderer of Christians before he meet Jesus and was blinded for three days.
Did God agape love Paul when he was murdering Christians?

You still haven't answered the question. It's just a simple yes or no...but you skirt around it talking about forgiveness instead. I'm used to this by now.

Does God agape love a murderer?

And that verse please.

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
2 Timothy 2:13 ►
SUM PIC XRF DEV STU
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself.

New Living Translation
If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny who he is.

English Standard Version
if we are faithless, he remains faithful— for he cannot deny himself.

Berean Study Bible
if we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.

Berean Literal Bible
if we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He is not able to deny Himself.
You mean this one posted awhile ago?

Dec 12, 2013
Yes he was. i believe in PREDESTINATION. You will never catch me slippin with that argument that people just get saved and then choose to be unsaved later on.

Jesus said that Judas was there precisely so that SCRIPTURE might be fulfilled. It wasnt a freak accident!

I am afraid to ask, but DO YOU believe in sin nature? Do you believe in original sin? Because if you do, these are ODD questions to ask! Everyone thats born into this world is by DEFAULT an enemy of God!

You dont have to live long, before you see a lie, before you tell a lie. Parents ask "Did you do it?" they say "no!" while they did, thats a lie already.

Did God FORCE Judas to betray Jesus? This is a trick question! I have gotten used to these. God doesnt have to FORCE anyone to sin, we are already sinful, and the man thats not born again LOVES his sin. Therefore, Judas betrayed Jesus completely willingly, out of his deceitful heart full of theft and wickedness. Satan entered Judas, and yes this was with God's permission, so that the scriptures may be fulfilled. Call me crazy? Read Revelation 17:17!
God said,---> "the wicked go astray from the womb"

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Did you read what i said "WERE a catholic" past tense! I didnt say she was currently. Although in doctrine she might as well have never left! Still on the wrong side of the reformation!
The discussion here centres on do we need to walk like Jesus.
One group say no, impossible, the other group say this is our calling.

There is a lot of distracting tactics, which is mainly accusations of lying and slander, lol.
And those using such tactics are normally the blinkered group who cannot face open
debate. Ever meet flat earthers, similar group.

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
Did God agape love Paul when he was murdering Christians?

You still haven't answered the question. It's just a simple yes or no...but you skirt around it talking about forgiveness instead. I'm used to this by now.

Does God agape love a murderer?

And that verse please.
Just because you are deaf does not mean your question was not answered.

I said yes. God loved Saul before he became Paul for even while we were sinners Jesus died for us

Jesus appearing before Saul/Paul was agape love because HE DIDNT DESERVE IT. He didn't earn forgiveness or grace or salvation.

Jesus appears and Gave it to him.

Just as Jesus gives us who are born again His grace and love.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Wow that's blasphemy.

Does God forces people to sin?

No God teaches His children to ear meat..to divide good and bad. Then to live godly lives

If all you want to do is attack, you can stop addressing me.
Guess you don't want to discuss that verse....
Par for the course around here.
Turn and run.

Blasphemy is saying you're a Christian that does not believe in obeying God and that one is still saved no matter what type of life he lives.

Ephesians 4:30-32
30Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
31Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.
32Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Guess you don't want to discuss that verse....
Par for the course around here.
Turn and run.

Blasphemy is saying you're a Christian that does not believe in obeying God and that one is still saved no matter what type of life he lives.

Ephesians 4:30-32
30Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
31Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.
32Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.
The irony is real.... You are using a verse that proves salvation cant be lost. :ROFL:

Notice it says to not grieve the Spirit.................... By which you're sealed for what? until what exactly occurs? the day of redemption?

Dec 12, 2013
Talk of dishonesty.....

You will not bear false witness against your neighbor....

You do this all the time.

I DO believe protestantism needs a pope.
We're in trouble and you don't even realize it.
What I said was honest or are you so fake that you cannot understand that we can go back and quote YOU....

Did you or did you not say that yesterday.......YES or NO......see if you can tell the truth!

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
In
The discussion here centres on do we need to walk like Jesus.
One group say no, impossible, the other group say this is our calling.

There is a lot of distracting tactics, which is mainly accusations of lying and slander, lol.
And those using such tactics are normally the blinkered group who cannot face open
debate. Ever meet flat earthers, similar group.
Incorrect.

Both groups say you should walk like Jesus.

One says you will lose your salvation if you don't.

The other says God has secured you eternally by giving you His Holy spirit and He will chastened you and He will hold you on his hands so no one can take you from God. God is sanctifing you. You can never sin so badly that God's grace can't cleanse you.

It's not a license to sin but a call for all sinners to look to God for healing.

Dec 12, 2013
Wow.
Just wow.

And some actually listen to what you teach?
God help them.

James 3:1 The tongue is a fire....
1Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.

To whom much is given,,,much will be required.
You are the one that said you do not contradict yourself.....explain the following quotes...

GodsGrace101 said:
GOD can EARN your trust...

But YOU can't EARN salvation.

Guess you're better than God.
Talk about pride....
GodsGrace101 said:

But must go now.

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
Romans 5:8 ►
SUM PIC XRF DEV STU
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

New Living Translation
But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.

English Standard Version
but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Berean Study Bible
But God proves His love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

AgapeShellArt

Nov 21, 2018
Romans 5:8 ►
SUM PIC XRF DEV STU
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

New Living Translation
But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.

English Standard Version
but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Berean Study Bible
But God proves His love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
This is agape love. Unmerrited unconditional love.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
You are the one that said you do not contradict yourself.....explain the following quotes...

GodsGrace101 said:
GOD can EARN your trust...

But YOU can't EARN salvation.

Guess you're better than God.
Talk about pride....
GodsGrace101 said:

But must go now.
DECEPTION!! HERESY!

Contradictions!

If you believe salvation is earned, i would doubt you as a brother/sister in Christ. IM SORRY! but I believe thats not something a BORN AGAIN person would say!

Not saying that to be mean or controversal (pun intended)

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
No it's not universalism. I am talking about God's love. Not his promises..but you can change the topic if you like.
Sorry if I miss-understood you.
Let me expand my point. Gods acceptance of His people, is because of their faith in His son and
the atonement of the cross for their sins. As long as they stay faithful and in faith, He will dwell with them.

God loves the world, but His wrath against disobedience and sin will be unleashed and bring consequences today.

He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
2 Thessalonians 1:8