Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
It is impossible to know the untold billions of people have been led into error by the Catholic church..............even now they worship a man on this earth as God............
AMEN! Thats why it makes me so mad. I get 'triggered' as they say today with the roman catholic "church". all the lies they've destroyed. Walking around in those garments those priests. My son would be safer in a secular environment than a catholic "church!

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Even the council of Trent ( a catholic council) doesnt know what the catholics believe! 100% wrong!

The catholic church is an ABSOLUTE joke. It used to say "no salvation outside of the church" now its -> hindus are saved, atheists are saved, just be a nice guy. FOllow the Pope on twitter and stuff.

I just wanna KO the entire clergy of the church to be honest.

I get so tired of reading about Papa that dresses like Mama the fake phony Pope visiting this country and telling us about climate change and peace and this and that. Wont someone tell the Pope to shut his stupid mouth and sit down? Not much love lost between me and the Pope. He is not my enemy. I believe he is GOD's enemy!

That guy is probably leading hundreds of MILLIONS to hell. MILLIONS. Yet he is looked up to by many 'Protestant' christians? I have heard some local Lutheran pastors say "Oh yeah, the Pope said..." WHO CARES what the Pope said?
So which is it?

The council of trent and everyone outside the church is damned...
OR
Even hindus and atheists are saved?

Thanks for making my point.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Yet again, let me know when you've stopped sinning and your own evil behavior.
Bud, on repeat again. God bless you, but in the gerbil tread mill, I cannot see you getting very far.
Aim for perfection.

This obviously does not chime with you heart. We are exalted to not harden our hearts as Israel did
in the desert who were then rejected.

So, as the Holy Spirit says: "Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the desert,
where your fathers tested and tried me and for forty years saw what I did.
That is why I was angry with that generation, and I said, 'Their hearts are always going astray, and they have not known my ways.'
So I declared on oath in my anger, 'They shall never enter my rest.'
Heb 3:7-12

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Even the council of Trent ( a catholic council) doesnt know what the catholics believe! 100% wrong!

The catholic church is an ABSOLUTE joke. It used to say "no salvation outside of the church" now its -> hindus are saved, atheists are saved, just be a nice guy. FOllow the Pope on twitter and stuff.

I just wanna KO the entire clergy of the church to be honest.

I get so tired of reading about Papa that dresses like Mama the fake phony Pope visiting this country and telling us about climate change and peace and this and that. Wont someone tell the Pope to shut his stupid mouth and sit down? Not much love lost between me and the Pope. He is not my enemy. I believe he is GOD's enemy!

That guy is probably leading hundreds of MILLIONS to hell. MILLIONS. Yet he is looked up to by many 'Protestant' christians? I have heard some local Lutheran pastors say "Oh yeah, the Pope said..." WHO CARES what the Pope said?
The Pope and RC church are instrumental and fully participating in the end-time deception IMO.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
So which is it?

The council of trent and everyone outside the church is damned...
OR
Even hindus and atheists are saved?

Thanks for making my point.
I said which it is. In the official documents the catechisms etc. its only catholics are saved.

But if you listen to the current Pope and the current catholic church, everyone is already saved. I heard someone ask the Pope about his father who died an atheist and if hes in heaven. The Pope said YUP, God is "proud" of that man because while being an atheist he got his family baptized still!

I saw that dolt smiling with some idolater hindu priest holding a golden elephant statue in a church, cross in the background! Ecumenicalism in full swing!

I wish they would stop calling themselves Christians. Alternatively: If anyone has any other names we could go by, im listening! Dont wanna identify with that ecumenical mess!

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
I wasn't answering you, Fran. I was answering Justpassingthrough who claimed you never said that.
First of all it was about ME.
Second of all, this is an open forum and thread.
I can answer to anyone about anything.
Didn't you know this?

Dec 12, 2013
It is sad indeed. They have to jump through so many hoops, and even after death, must burn in the fires of Purgatory to "purge" them from any sins left over that they still had to pay for.
I know.....I actually went to a second funeral in Australia about 6 weeks ago and a good friend of mine had his sister do a triple gainer off of a 900 foot cliff in the Blue Mountains to commit suicide........they also are Catholic and they HAD the most worldly funeral and did not allow the priest to speak because he was going to say it is too late for her and she is in hell..........like a fish...they flip flop from one extreme to another.....

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
You can keep Red X'ing my posts until the cows come home Fran, it doesn't change the fact you were proven wrong.

Dec 12, 2013
JOHN BEATS HIS WIFE EVERY TUESDAY......

JOHN BEATS HIS WIFE EVERY TUESDAY AT CHESS.

It's not the same.
As another member on here has also stated..
And he's right.

Post everything or nothing....
Nice try.....we are not talking chess and your statements were fully directed at salvation.....come on FRAN.....we all know what you believe....you have stated it numerous times........and there is NO HOPE in NOT KNOWING IF YOUR SAVED until the end of your life.......!!!

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Im being a negative nancy today. Here is something positive:

God will sort it all out ONE OF THESE DAYS. Thank you Jesus for dying for our sins! Thanks for reconciling us to God! Thanks for the clear doctrine of salvation. Thanks for eternal life.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Yes...as I was discussing with a member here...
to some on this thread
LOVE
is a work...

And Jesus clearly told us LOVE is necessary:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Mathew 23:37-39 Jesus said:
37And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’
38“This is the great and foremost commandment.
39“The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’
40“On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”
Based on love = works I'm inclined to agree with you. Others will never. I then to disagree because to me works are labor to me and to me love is not a labor. It came upon me with the Holy Spirit and to me it became natural putting love into practice often requires work but it's effort is a reward in and of itself. Because through the gifts I have received I now love those I used to hate. If I say being kind brings me joy does that make me selfish? I don't care. The Lord has blessed me and not to keep for myself but to share with others. I do it willingly and it dosn't seem like work to me.

Dec 12, 2013
The Pope is actually the King of the Sovereign Vatican City as well as the head of the RC Church.
YES in deed and in a similar fashion the Queen of England is the head of a daughter of the Catholic Church....the Anglican church

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Okay!

CCC #1129 "The Church affirms that for believers the sacraments of the New Covenant are necessary for salvation. "

Do evangelical Christians partake of the seven sacraments of the RCC? Do Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, or the followers of any other religion partake of the sacraments of the RCC?

Without confession, mass, penance, etc. (reconciliation) no one can get their sins forgiven.

Which means, no salvation.
If you were a serious person I'd actually discuss this with you.
I knew you'd go to 1129....
Have you ever tried to teach from the CCC?
I'll bet no.
I have. I know its downfalls...
If a catholic dies without being baptized...does he go to hell ? (an adult convert)
If someone gets a divorce, are they ex-communicated?
Why should communion be received as much as possible?
Is it necessary to confess venial sins?

Also, I'm not here to defend the catholic church and will not be put in that position.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
YES in deed and in a similar fashion the Queen of England is the head of a daughter of the Catholic Church....the Anglican church
Also, no salvation unless one bends the knee to the Pope.

In 1302 Pope Boniface said this in a letter to the Catholic Church: "Furthermore, we declare, we proclaim, we define that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that every human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff."

Pope Boniface VIII, Unam Sanctam (Rome: 1302).

Chew on that too, Fran.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Based on love = works I'm inclined to agree with you. Others will never. I then to disagree because to me works are labor to me and to me love is not a labor. It came upon me with the Holy Spirit and to me it became natural putting love into practice often requires work but it's effort is a reward in and of itself. Because through the gifts I have received I now love those I used to hate. If I say being kind brings me joy does that make me selfish? I don't care. The Lord has blessed me and not to keep for myself but to share with others. I do it willingly and it dosn't seem like work to me.
Amen to that.

I've often stated here that works should not be a problem for us.
Why such a big fight over this?
I hear some say that FAITH is a work!
It's becoming ridiculous.

We need to be kind and loving toward everyone...this is what Jesus taught.
And it should give us joy since we're doing what our Savior wants us to do and
He was the best psychologist of all and knows that if we give love out,,,we get love back.
I think Lennon even wrote a song about this....
Some call it Karma...
Whatever we want to call it, it's a natural law of God.

Jesus said:
Mathew 11:30
"For My yoke is easy and my BURDEN IS LIGHT".

i also like this verse:

1 Corinthians 15:58
So then, my dear friends, stand firm and steady. Keep busy always in your work for the Lord, since you know that nothing you do in the Lord’s service is ever useless.