Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
We're all listening to the voice within.
We're coming up with different ideas.
why is that?

Aren't we supposed to be reading scripture so we could learn from God...

This is the reason we have the bible...so we could know what God wants.
What is the voice telling you?

I hope it's not telling you that if you just believe...
all we be just fine.
Because that's not what the N.T. or Jesus teaches.
believe:

G4100​

πιστεύω

pisteuō

pist-yoo'-o

From G4102; to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), that is, credit; by implication to entrust (especially one’s spiritual well being to Christ): - believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.

Total KJV occurrences: 248

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
^Thanks for the definition.

here is my question: If BELIEVE means OBEY. Why does it just say OBEY? The greek has a word for OBEY too, the english has a word for OBEY. So why does it say BELIEVE, instead of obey?

Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Obey the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved!

Why does it instead say: BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ?

Dec 12, 2013
I have spent the last several hours praying about this so what I say I do not say lightly. I have never done anything like this before especially online, but I must obey what I feel in my heart. I have already been told that many of you will disagree and laugh at me..... But again I don't care that is a price I'm willing to pay.

I Speak today to anyone who has disagreed with me over the last several days but especially to
dictator Decon......E G or eternally grateful........... BUDMAN......VCO.....HV something,......... The fact that you could not sense that I was led here to help you............just like Aquila and Priscilla helped Apollo's and showed him the way more perfectly, says a lot to me about your spiritual condition you have ears but you will not hear me. Anyone reading my post should have felt something in their heart and said yes, yes this too is truth. But not you, you have Harden your heart and stiffened your necks. Henceforth I have been told to demand... Yea command, everyone who stands in disagreement with me...... Do not ever address me on this forum any longer..... I hate to do this I don't want to do this, but I must!! do not ever talk to me again. You have had your time to learn but you have refused. From this day forward.......I have been told to Warn all of you that disagree with me that even if you try to address me on this form again that the isolation, devastation and destruction found in the book of Naomi 3: 2 -12 will then be placed upon your heads and it will soon become your isolation desolation and destruction....... Laugh..... Make fun of me but you have been warned!
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAAH I do not need your help to understand that JUDAS was LOST and never saved......

JESUS knew who would NOT BELIEVE <---JUDAS
JESUS knew who was NOT clean <----JUDAS
JESUS knew was a DEVIL <---JUDAS
Jesus knew who would betray HIM <----JUDAS
Jesus knew who was a thief <---JUDAS
JESUS knew who WAS THE SON of PERDITION <---JUDAS

Get your facts straight NONEWSMAN and you have NO authority on this site to command anyone on anything..........

AND MAYBE you were led here SO WE could INSTRUCT YOU in the right WAY.....

Book of NAOMI..........HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH WOW MAN.........

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
^Thanks for the definition.

here is my question: If BELIEVE means OBEY. Why does it just say OBEY? The greek has a word for OBEY too, the english has a word for OBEY. So why does it say BELIEVE, instead of obey?

Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Obey the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved!

Why does it instead say: BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ?
I have a question for your question hev...;)

Who are we obeying? The Son or the Father?

Dec 12, 2013
Well, it's official - he's gone completely off the rails.
He commanded us and threatened us with the book of NAOMI.........ooooooooooooooo I scared..............did you know I was a dictator.....just because I can biblically hammer his JUDAS was saved and lost it fantasy land view....

I mean

JESUS KNEW WHO IT WAS THAT WOULD NOT BELIEVE<----one has to be dense to just toss this out with the bath water..........

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Just saw this. Why is it necessary to call one who desires to follow God a false prophet?

I'd say those that speak against what Jesus taught are the false prophets....

What did the banned member say that made him a false prophet?
(please exclude that last post he made).
Dear Fran, he was banned because of the content of his post, he was "predicting destruction" would be place on the heads of people on this thread, please read his post again.

The people in authority passed judgement on his post and he was banned for good cause I believe -- apparently placing a curse on someones head does not mean too much to you I suppose -- and in a previous post of yours you stated that Jesus wants us to be kind and to love everyone right?

The man was also quoting from a Mormon book Naomi 3:2-12, if he is a Mormon do you believe Mormon's are following Jesus Christ?

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I am aiming at serving others
i misred him completely, i actually though we could communicate. Talk about being fooled!
"I am aiming at serving others"

Amen. Is this what Paul meant by perfection? Or is this your meaning?

To me Perfection is to walk like Jesus so serving is just one part.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
believe:

G4100​

πιστεύω

pisteuō

pist-yoo'-o

From G4102; to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), that is, credit; by implication to entrust (especially one’s spiritual well being to Christ): - believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.

Total KJV occurrences: 248
Thanks for the Greek lesson.
You know I don't care for this.
That doesn't mean I don't know it.

So when you believe in someone and trust them...
and they tell you to make a left turn at the next corner
...do you obey?

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Dear Fran, he was banned because of the content of his post, he was "predicting destruction" would be place on the heads of people on this thread, please read his post again.

The people in authority passed judgement on his post and he was banned for good cause I believe -- apparently placing a curse on someones head does not mean too much to you I suppose -- and in a previous post of yours you stated that Jesus wants us to be kind and to love everyone right?

The man was also quoting from a Mormon book Naomi 3:2-12, if he is a Mormon do you believe Mormon's are following Jesus Christ?

I mean, really, do you even read my posts?
I said NOT to include his last post for which he got banned.
And what do you do?
You write about his last post for which he got banned.

He wasn't quoting from a mormon book...
@posthuman figured out much earlier today that he was quoting
from Nahum 3:12....

I agree his last post was rather weird although I did agree with parts of it.
But I can't remember anything he said that could cause him to be called a false prophet,
prior to that.

Dec 12, 2013
Has everyone noticed that the groups who teach a losable doityourself IKEA salvation are almost ALWAYS involved in some major false doctrine? JWs, mormons, catholics, WoF, etc.

EDIT: I looked it up. The book of Naomi which Badnewsman threatens us with is indeed a MORMON book. You just knew something was wrong the way he kept going on and on about Judas against clear texts. HERETIC!
Mormons dont believe the trinity last time I checked. So glad that cat is out the bag.

Now we just got to get Silas to answer if he believes Jesus is God. I can almost bet everything I own which is nothing, that he is another one fo these guys, because what Christian has trouble admiting Jesus is God straight away?
I have to tell you brother....I love some of the phrases you use HAHAH you make me laugh all the time......

VCO

Oct 14, 2013

WOW, I have been trying like Crazy to figure out what type of Book was Naomi 3:2-12 WAS for sure.

It EXPLAINS A LOT about his twisted THEOLOGY.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
A query - Naomi 3:2-12 does not appear to exist. And the book of Ruth does not have judgements.
Not sure any of this actually makes much sense.

I tend to try and understand peoples hearts and their intent, because often it can be direct more
appropriately. Some are just look for attention, and are convinced they have found the key answer,
when actually it is just a flat earth theory, lol.

So is this actually anything or just gibberish? Naomi 3:2-12
I do feel for people who get caught like this, do you not also?
It's Nahum 3:12.......
Per posthuman...who found it today.

BTW. I love the book of Ruth.

Oh. And I agree with you.
It's always the heart that counts.

Dec 12, 2013
I think you do mean Jesus' blood.
His sacrifice happened 2,000 years ago,,,but in God's time it always existed....
Time for God is not separated....it's not past, present and future.
The sacrifice always existed.
Time with God is something interesting to ponder...
but probably not many of us really understand it.

P.S. Ooops. Your last sentence just came out.
But I knew what you meant.
Exactly why salvation is a PRESENT ETERNAL POSSESSION at the moment of belief

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Nahum 3:2-12 To wish this on anyone, I think you need to be like Nineveh under Jonahs ministry.

Not sure this thread is quite on that scale, lol. A few words would be enough to cause trauma enough :eek:
Is it our hearts that go from I love you to burn in the fire like night and day ...... because I know we can get a
little worked up, but this much ???

It concerns me that I might cause this much trauma with a few verses and sharing.
Makes one a lot more cautious about what I share ......

Maybe we need to provide protective clothing and face masks with a health warning on .... :)

Dec 12, 2013
Good bye again, Not-Goodnewsman, aka false prophet,

And please take notice dear friends that "FollowHisSteps, gave Goodnewsman, "a false prophet", a resounding approval for these self condemning words. Jesus said, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail." Matthew 16:18

Winner

FollowHisSteps
Today at 7:11 AM

Matthew 7:15-16aBeware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits.”
He is not the only one that expressed sadness that he was sent packing...........which says a lot about ones character.......

I know I give a few people heat and vehemently oppose a losable salvation or salvation that people work for, but I have never nor would I threaten anyone....and have on occasion apologized for stepping over the line

Dec 12, 2013
Fran

It's the innocence of blood for the guilty. From the start of life in Jesus, to the finish. We put faith in His blood. We will always fall short of the life of Jesus. He is the begotten. We are the born again. His blood only has life, eternal life, and is in heaven before Father now.
AMEN...WHEN I see the blood I WILL pass over you...the BLOOD of Christ, though crimson red, when applied by faith STAINS US as WHITE AS SNOW.....

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Thanks for the Greek lesson.
You know I don't care for this.
That doesn't mean I don't know it.

So when you believe in someone and trust them...
and they tell you to make a left turn at the next corner
...do you obey?
To obey my spiritual well being to Jesus, I believe His Cross of sacrifice. But, It's Father that I am obeying when I believe His Son. He gave His Son.

Your question has nothing to do with the subject.