Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
hi everyone that i know :)

Havent been on for a while , been busy taking care of my 91 yr old mom who is living with us :(

But , still saved by God's grace thru Faith , and let me tell you , I have never needed God's grace more than I have the last few months, he has been so faithful to me !!!!!

Not posting much , but trying to still follow along :)
God bless you!

Dec 12, 2013

Havent been on for a while , been busy taking care of my 91 yr old mom who is living with us :(

But , still saved by God's grace thru Faith , and let me tell you , I have never needed God's grace more than I have the last few months, he has been so faithful to me !!!!!

I did wonder where you have been.......yeah I fully understand that, for a few years I had to take care of my 70 year old very contentious mother that was blind on both sides of her eyes, has had numerous bypasses, a pig valve, a stroke, beginning stages of dementia and still smokes like a coal plant in N.C. ........and for sure everyone is out to kill her.....especially the doctors.........will pray for you tonight.......stay strong

I walked in her house the other day, had the oxygen on, down on her face and a lit cig.......I told her if she wanted to kill herself go outside so I don't have to clean it up

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Not what I’m saying at all.

Not “works”.

The principle of faith is obedience.

This is how faith works, operates, functions to produce the intended divine result.

Not good works.
Not the works of the law.
Not works that earns a wage.

The work or corresponding action of obedience.

When the Lord speaks to us, inspires us, moves upon us, we now have faith.

Faith comes by hearing the word. (Rhema) Romans 10:17

When we obey the word from God by which we receive faith, it activates the faith to produce the intended divine result.

JPT
Surely obedience is manifest in some measure as works correct? Be it prayer, preaching and proclaiming, denial of the world, succor, alms and so on and so forth?

Agreed?

E

eternally-gratefull

Glad you are well!!

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
False Prophet? He was a prophet? Only thing I noted was he was a nice guy until you and your ilk pushed him to far with
your constant demeaning mannerism.

Your ill manner has already been noted; thanks anyway.
Hi Lightbearer, no Goodnewsman was not a "prophet", that is why I chose the name "false prophet" to describe his character and deception on this forum. And because you agree with his bad theology I'm not interested in anything you have to say about God or the bible.

So according to you it was okay for him to place "isolation and destruction on our heads." God will judge who the offender is and it isn't going to be me or the gracious and loving people here on this beautiful forum, Christianchat.com, I guarantee.

The professional leadership here that chose to ban him, to include almost all on this thread, agree that this person's post earned his banishment, but of course you did not, and why, because, "Birds of a Feather Flock Together."

It is frightfully revealing that you agree with this heretic.

Peace

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Look guys...

Lightbearer isn't saying he is agreeing with the man. He was speaking of words that were spoken that aren't seasoned with grace as the scriptures say.

I just recently had a dream. I know its from the Lord. I was throwing arrows similar to paper airplanes, trying to make them glide and was having great fun doing it. But, the last arrow flew and smacked a woman on the back of the head....she pitched forward. That was when I woke up. Interpretation needed?

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
Paul was worried that some of them may be deceived just like eve was deceived.

...But I AM AFRAID that just as Eve was DECEIVED by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be LED ASTRAY from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 2 Corinthians 11:3

The truth is that the deceiver has been deceiving from the beginning until now.

These deceivers will REJECT and NULLIFY the Word and believe the deceiving spirits.(Isaiah 5:20-24, Mark 7:6-13)

...while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. 2 Timothy 3:13

...THE SPIRIT CLEARLY SAYS that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through HYPOCRITICAL LIARS, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 1 Timothy 4:1-2

How would we know who were the ones that were deceived?

We know that Eve was deceived when she believed the deceiver and disobeyed God's command.

Who are the deceivers and who were deceived?

..But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19 These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

...At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. Matthew 24:10‭-‬14‭, ‬24

...For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve. 2 Corinthians 11:13‭-‬15

And those that were deceived believed in the deceivers mentioned above and disobeyed God's commands because they were made to believe that they would not surely die, IOW, "always saved". But scriptures warn us not to be deceived;

...Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them. Ephesians 5:6‭-‬7

...Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’ ” “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. “For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”... Genesis 3:1‭-‬19

Just think what could have happened if Eve did not believe the serpents deception but OBEYED God instead. ...NO NEED TO DISCUSS SALVATION FOR SURE because no one needs to be saved.

The truth is that Adam and Eve were created according to the image of God's righteousness and holiness and they BELIEVE and OBEY God until they got DECEIVED and disobeyed God. If they were deceived, why can't you?

Did God warn us about the deception? If He did, then why refuse to take heed of them?

So who would say now that OBEDIENCE TO GOD HAS NO BEARING IN SALVATION?

E

eternally-gratefull

Look guys...

Lightbearer isn't saying he is agreeing with the man. He was speaking of words that were spoken that aren't seasoned with grace as the scriptures say.

I just recently had a dream. I know its from the Lord. I was throwing arrows similar to paper airplanes, trying to make them glide and was having great fun doing it. But, the last arrow flew and smacked a woman on the back of the head....she pitched forward. That was when I woke up. Interpretation needed?
If i said anything wrong, please share

I started asking him nicely, he not only continued, he got worse, then started to try to blame shift.

He is not the first one to act that way he will not be the last.

By the way, he was the one throwing arrows. Starting by saying a sister did not do something a sister not only did, but did a few times, he mocked her and then lied about her

Its time to start calling out sin for what it is and that started long before things got out of hand,

Dec 12, 2013
If i said anything wrong, please share

I started asking him nicely, he not only continued, he got worse, then started to try to blame shift.

He is not the first one to act that way he will not be the last.

By the way, he was the one throwing arrows. Starting by saying a sister did not do something a sister not only did, but did a few times, he mocked her and then lied about her

Its time to start calling out sin for what it is and that started long before things got out of hand,
Too long believers and false teachers alike have been coddled under this DON"T say anything offensive because it is not biblical.....

JESUS, JOHN, PAUL, ELIJAH and others RIPPED false teachers......and in the process used very pointed designations and or titles......If one is honest, decent and does not twist what we say, embellish what we say, is open to truth, does not reject verb tense and context I engage them is a decent enough manner......but when they start violating the the above I will engage them in the same manner that JESUS engaged the Pharisees and or the way John the Immerser engaged them, or the way Elijah engaged the prophets of Baal.......It is not unbiblical to use sarcasm, and or call a spade a spade.......and I have on more than ONE occasion fessed up to being stiff and or pouring heat at times.......and on more than one occasion openly apologized if I took it too far......

With the one that went bye bye.....I knew from day one, just as I knew with Jason007 that they were false and would eventually expose themselves.....

I hate no one on this site, however I cannot help but call a spade a spade.....ESPECIALLY when they are flat rejecting truth that proves the man (Judas) was never saved..........

E

eternally-gratefull

Too long believers and false teachers alike have been coddled under this DON"T say anything offensive because it is not biblical.....

JESUS, JOHN, PAUL, ELIJAH and others RIPPED false teachers......and in the process used very pointed designations and or titles......If one is honest, decent and does not twist what we say, embellish what we say, is open to truth, does not reject verb tense and context I engage them is a decent enough manner......but when they start violating the the above I will engage them in the same manner that JESUS engaged the Pharisees and or the way John the Immerser engaged them, or the way Elijah engaged the prophets of Baal.......It is not unbiblical to use sarcasm, and or call a spade a spade.......and I have on more than ONE occasion fessed up to being stiff and or pouring heat at times.......and on more than one occasion openly apologized if I took it too far......

With the one that went bye bye.....I knew from day one, just as I knew with Jason007 that they were false and would eventually expose themselves.....

I hate no one on this site, however I cannot help but call a spade a spade.....ESPECIALLY when they are flat rejecting truth that proves the man (Judas) was never saved..........
Its one thing to call out for false doctrines

I was calling him out for actual sins. If he did not do those things, i doubt it would have gotten that heated, but when hour gonna do thise things, you should expect to get called out,

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Oh we will...and his dishonesty was obvious to any that can read and is honest.....
i kinda think maybe i don't want to read the 15 or so pages i missed ..

it's like seeing that the milk is expired - do i really want to check? or just go with the expiration date i see lol

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018

Jesus said this verse below for those who prefer to listen to FALSE MAN MADE DOCTRINES and teach what they say while rejecting God's Word, laws, commands, instructions/teachings and warnings because they have saved themselves ETERNALLY and that WITHOUT GOD.

Anyone who disagrees with them will be silenced so as to suppress the truth.

...If anyone chooses to do God’s will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him. John 7:17-18

...The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who SUPPRESS THE TRUTH by their wickedness, Romans 1:18

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

The Pope is ill prepared to proffer such a hard-line uncompromising approach.....

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017

Hi decon, thanks!, many thanks for your words and opening up a topic that few wish to discuss, I guess you could call it, "name calling", like calling a spade a spade. By using tough language meant to expose their bad theology everyone can bring the light of the bible to discuss and reveal what God's truth say's about their false teaching.

And I cannot believe that some people even said, "but he was such a nice guy", hey! reality check -- "nice guy's" do not place on the heads of kind loving Christians a curse of destruction, nice guy? Nope!