Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 24, 2019
2. WHo said you HAD to commit a sin?
I thought that was the point the gentleman was asking/telling?

That I had to sin everyday and that he chose to be a rebel everyday?????

What is your point?

Are you God gives us a way to escape but really we can't take it??

Wherein have I mocked thee???

ljs

Jan 13, 2018
Listening to “you say” from lauren Daigle. Love this song, dont let satan cause you to doubt, believe what god says about you!
I love her , and that song :)

This is a good one too , when I was first saved , and struggling with some things , I used to play it over and over again

E

eternally-gratefull

I love her , and that song :)

This is a good one too , when I was first saved , and struggling with some things , I used to play it over and over again
I can listen to her for hours!

N

NoNameMcgee

Sounds like you want to know something, I wonder what that is?

Very perceptive, you are correct. 🙂
I would like to know if you have ever posted on christian chat with an account name different than the only one you currently have.

E

eternally-gratefull

I thought that was the point the gentleman was asking/telling?

That I had to sin everyday and that he chose to be a rebel everyday?????

What is your point?

Are you God gives us a way to escape but really we can't take it??

Wherein have I mocked thee???
Thats like saying because you drive to get to work that you have to (you can always walk)

What we are trying to show you is what we have found, what true sin is and if we say we have no sin we are decieved, we were decievd for years, we found reality

Would you like to find that also?

N

NoNameMcgee

Why would this be of interest?
Is it something that is significant?
How can you ask multiple questions without answering the simple one I have asked you.....

well I will answer you in hopes you will be honest and not continue hiding the truth

It is very significant, I have very limited time.... and if you are the same individual who used to post on peterjens
or lovelighthope

then you have said so many lies against God and His children that I wouldn't spend any of my time on such a fruitless thing as to wrestle a wolf when there are sapplings in need of understanding who will not reject Gods word or promises....

(plus there are more mature brothers and sisters here with sharper swords who have much more time than I do... more fit for the job destroying the lies of that dishonest deceptive individual who pushes a false gospel of man)

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Somewhere the idea that God desires us to walk like Jesus has got lost in the hearts of some.

Imagine someone loses their faith. Besetting sin overcomes them but their spirit still desires
to know everything about Jesus. Flip the faith, stay a sinner wrapped in sin and Jesus stills loves you.
Game over.

Except the apostles did follow Jesus's example and still were pure holy and kept by the Holy Spirit.

What is odd to me, is the scripture is plain and simple. It is our acceptance that is the problem.

Aim at perfection 2 Corinthians 13:11

It is obvious, staying sinners in besetting sin is fine for some. But that is their compromise, we
can but warn scripture describes this as the way to death, spiritual death.

E

eternally-gratefull

Somewhere the idea that God desires us to walk like Jesus has got lost in the hearts of some.
This dude just keeps on getting pretty low

It is not lost on anyone, (once again he is a laiar and an accuser of the saints) no one here thinks we should not walk like God, thats your silly strawman.

What we are against is people who think they have mad it, and think it is required to maintain salvation.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
How can you ask multiple questions without answering the simple one I have asked you.....
well I will answer you in hopes you will be honest and not continue hiding the truth
It is very significant, I have very limited time.... and if you are the same individual who used to post on peterjens
or lovelighthope
then you have said so many lies against God and His children that I wouldn't spend any of my time on such a fruitless thing as to wrestle a wolf when there are sapplings in need of understanding who will not reject Gods word or promises....
(plus there are more mature brothers and sisters here with sharper swords who have much more time than I do... more fit for the job destroying the lies of that dishonest deceptive individual who pushes a false gospel of man)
so the truth is you regard peterjens as a wolf.

What do wolves do, and what are you attempting to do?
Have you given up walking like Jesus or you never achieved such an ambition or reality?

I will pray for you, that you become convinced about the walk of glory Jesus put before us.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
It is not lost on anyone, (once again he is a laiar and an accuser of the saints) no one here thinks we should not walk like God, thats your silly strawman.
What we are against is people who think they have mad it, and think it is required to maintain salvation.
Do you walk like Jesus or have this ambition each day?
I hope this is your ambition.

You claimed you were yoked to Jesus and walked in His ways, except you added about me meaning
it was a heavy burden and slavery.

You do confuse me with your statements and attitude. But then no surprise considering your words already.

N

NoNameMcgee

so the truth is you regard peterjens as a wolf.

What do wolves do, and what are you attempting to do?
Have you given up walking like Jesus or you never achieved such an ambition or reality?

I will pray for you, that you become convinced about the walk of glory Jesus put before us.
You still refuse to answer my question?

...Then ask many more questions.....

Followed by the implication I don't walk upright and that I need conviction?

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Who said I believe one doesn't have a way of escape?

You and Fran have a lot in common.

My point is, we sin when we choose not to obey. Or choose not to take the way of escape. And since all Christians still sin, we are choosing to rebel daily.
Is it any wonder you are understood the same also by others.

When you mention me you should really tag me...otherwise it's like speaking behind my back.
Thanks.

I asked you a question before...but I had to go out and can't remember if you answered it.

Do you think we should be called sinners even though we're saved?

I had told you I changed my mind about this and I don't believe we should.
why? Because we're new creatures in the Lord.

A sinner is a person who is separated from Christ.
A person who is not born again and does not know God.

Hebrews 7:26
For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens;

Instead we are to be called saints. A saint is a child of God,,,
Joined to Christ and is ONE SPIRIT with Him...
He is born again and knows God and walks with HIM.

1 Corinthians 6:17
But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

Again, I had asked if you could agree that we shouldn't label ourselves as sinners...

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
You still refuse to answer my question?
...Then ask many more questions.....
Followed by the implication I don't walk upright and that I need conviction?
I am sorry. You appear confused, yet certain in your beliefs.
I asked you how you walked, I did not say I knew. You appear not to be able to tell the difference.
I pray for you because you seem to want to make enemies and not friends, and to expose wolves
and not bring glory to Christ through praise of His name.

So I just ask again, do you desire to walk like Jesus?

N

NoNameMcgee

I am sorry. You appear confused, yet certain in your beliefs.
I asked you how you walked, I did not say I knew. You appear not to be able to tell the difference.
I pray for you because you seem to want to make enemies and not friends, and to expose wolves
and not bring glory to Christ through praise of His name.

So I just ask again, do you desire to walk like Jesus?

To expose wolves?

Do you consider peterjens a wolf?

How many accounts have you used to post on cc in total?🙂

Feb 24, 2019
Thats like saying because you drive to get to work that you have to (you can always walk)

What we are trying to show you is what we have found, what true sin is and if we say we have no sin we are decieved, we were decievd for years, we found reality

Would you like to find that also?
I really don't understand why this should be argued...... especially this long

1.) Every man is tempted
2) temptation isn't a sin
3.) God said he would give me an escape route so I wouldn't have to sin

But you 2 guys are arguing thatI have no option but to be rebellious and give into temptation and sin.

I will stick with God on this one and believe his word

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
no one here thinks we should not walk like God

So you believe we can walk like Jesus, that is good.
I only ask individuals what they believe and then respond.

Some would say walking like Jesus is perfection so impossible. Do you believe so, or do you have
faith through the cross we are being transformed into His likeness?

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
To expose wolves?
Do you consider peterjens a wolf?
How many accounts have you used to post on cc in total?🙂
Do you believe you can walk like Jesus? Is this your ambition?
And would you call someone who believed this is the gospel a wolf?

So I wonder who your are NoNameMcgee and why I should have any interaction with you.
Let me introduce myself to you, I am a christian, a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, a lover
of His word and His ways. It strikes me you represent something different, but I do not know
what and seems like maybe I do not want to know what.