Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
What is the sin that the Holy Spirit came to convict us off, to repent off?
Amen Bill.....to repent ->>to acknowledge we are sinners before the righteous God of heaven and then acknowledge the cure for our sin....Jesus by faith in his blood <--remission of sins

Dec 12, 2013
Apparently my good man,,,
you don't care about the truth either.
I do believe you forgot to read my post no. 86,862...
but why read it?
You might learn something.j

So WHO is the deceiver here?
YOU and anyone who is still speaking about my previous posts
because apparently you are UNABLE to respond to posts with scripture in them.

A sad state of affairs for you indeed!

May God shed His truth upon you.
Hahhaahahahahah coming from one who is here under pretense .....and while breaking the rules of this site....

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Too many ignore that while works doesn't save works is proof of the faith in Jesus. Faith without works is dead! No works means no real faith. When wolves in sheep's clothing was discussed Jesus stated by their fruits (works) you shall know them. Consider a secular minister. Their works are preaching homilies without ever mentioning the gospel message.

Dec 12, 2013
You do, when you said salvation must be earned.

As you do believe salvation must be earned, which is against the clear teaching of scripture that salvation is a gift via grace, you sadly are. You believe a different gospel.

The Bible says you are. As we all are. (1 John 1:8)

Uh huh. Are you serving God - doing as He wishes - when you sin every day?

You are the epitome of a hypocrite.
It is funny.....I have never judged anything but the false gospel she peddles.....faith plus works to finish is a gospel of a different kind that Paul said was cursed with no power.....It is not wrong to judge this gospel she peddles as false with no power to save.......

U

UnderGrace

Too many ignore that while works doesn't save works is proof of the faith in Jesus. Faith without works is dead! No works means no real faith. When wolves in sheep's clothing was discussed Jesus stated by their fruits (works) you shall know them. Consider a secular minister. Their works are preaching homilies without ever mentioning the gospel message.
I wonder what one does with the people who work but are not saved:unsure::unsure:

What do they prove?

Dec 12, 2013
Jesus wants us to believe in Him.

all these other requirements are man- made non-sense.

" when I am lifted up, I will draw all men to Myself"

not " I will draw all men to look deep inside and study their emotions , and share their experiences "

that is worldly, psycho babble.
Amen.....and he that believes IS SAVED....It pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

It does not say believe and do many wonderful works......

Dec 12, 2013
Yeah.
Works are bad.....
bad
bad
bad

BTW....did Moses lead those Israelites out of Egypt?
Was that a work?

Did he part the Red Sea (well, it wasn't really the Red Sea)
Was that a work?

What about those 10 commandments....
Are they a work?

Did Adam have to keep the Garden...BEFORE the fall....
Is that a work?

Looks like WORKS are throughout the entire bible....
Yep and they saved no one or kept anyone saved......your Catholic embellishment......

Abraham believed GOD and it was put to his account for righteousness

Therefore we conclude a man is justified by faith WITHOUT the deeds/works of the law.

More false gospel above from a pretender.......

Hey Fran.....how does breaking rules equate to obedience?

Dec 12, 2013
But Jesus also said the Father takes away all branches that dont bear fruit. So I believe its impossible to not have fruit and be saved.

Here is the verses i mean:

Joh 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Joh 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Joh 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Joh 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Joh 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

In verses1 and 2 it says its the Father thats takes away those branches with no fruit.
And in verse 6 it is men that gather and burn branches...not God

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I see the LATEST
FANATIC, already got himself BANNED, already. He even posted the RED X on stonesoffire post that

ONLY SAID: But, it's the Jesus that I know and love. And that statement EVERY CHRISTIAN should agree with. SEE: #90,565

Dec 12, 2013
see, right here.

load of garbage.

" believe in Jesus for transformation ".

no, no , no.

believe in Jesus for SALVATiON.

then, transformation will come.

and, now, I wil no longer address you .

you have been " transformed " so much that you think it is fine to try to deceive the site and members into thinking that you are not someone who has been banned at least twice.
Amen....he conflates two biblical truths into one that comes out as a false dogma....The transformational process of Romans 12 is directed at those who have been saved eternally by grace through faith......it has no bearing on salvation, reward yes, salvation no!

U

UnderGrace

I see the LATEST
FANATIC, already got himself BANNED, already. He even posted the RED X on stonesoffire post that

ONLY SAID: But, it's the Jesus that I know and love. And that statement EVERY CHRISTIAN should agree with. SEE: #90,565
I really wish they could stop this, I could care less if I get a million X's in some ways, but it is very annoying since it is really all about the troll making his/her presence known.....as in self aggrandizing behaviour.

Someone has yet to mature!!!

Dec 12, 2013
Lordship salvation?

Here's my advice....
stop watching YouTube and start reading your N.T. every single day till you really understand it.
and your only mentor should be JESUS,,,not some man.
My advice....ditch the Catholic dogma and actually trust Jesus 100% for eternal life instead of faith plus works to keep it....that is not the gospel

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Amen Bill.....to repent ->>to acknowledge we are sinners before the righteous God of heaven and then acknowledge the cure for our sin....Jesus by faith in his blood <--remission of sins
Actually I was looking for the sin of unbelief in Jesus.

But amen to your post above.

Jesus is the cure for our sin.

Dec 12, 2013
More assumptions...."denominations" are not in the Bible btw....
Demoninations <----emphasis upon the first two syllables ........the church at.....this is what the bible states....not that SOME cannot be identifed with the truth....most teach a vanilla works faith blend falsely......

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
Initially saved by faith but ultimately saved by works is "type 2 works salvation" which renders Christ an IN-sufficient Savior.

Our obedience to the truth/His commandments/His doctrine has everything to do with demonstrating that we already know Him (1 John 2:3; 3:9-10) and already have eternal life (John 5:24). Obedience/works is the FRUIT of salvation but NOT THE ROOT of it.

You continue to read these passages of scripture through the lens of works righteousness. As I have already explained to you numerous times before, if one reads Romans 2:6-10 in isolation from the rest of the book of Romans, then one might conclude that Paul was teaching salvation by works (as demonstrated by you). However, as you read and study these passages, it's absolutely critical to keep in mind that these verses do not describe how one becomes saved, but the way the saved (and unsaved) conduct their lives. These works done are the result of, not the means or basis of receiving receiving eternal life.

So patient continuance in well doing, seeking for glory, honor, and immortality; (vs. 7) is not at all set forth as the means of believers procuring eternal life, but is a description of those to whom God does render life eternal. *Notice that ALL who receive eternal life are described as such, everyone who does good (vs. 10). Good deeds flow from a heart that is saved and evil deeds flow from a heart that is unsaved. Verse 8 - but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness--indignation and wrath. *Notice that ALL who do not receive eternal life are described as such, everyone who does evil (vs. 9).

What those passages convey is that though our deeds are judged by God, it's not the good deeds themselves which are the basis or means by which we receive eternal life, but the type of deeds expose whether our heart was saved, or not. These deeds done out of faith are the FRUIT, but NOT THE ROOT of salvation. If Paul wanted to teach that we are saved by works, then he would have clearly stated that we are saved through faith and works in Ephesians 2:8,9 and that we are justified by faith and works in Romans 5:1 but that is clearly NOT what Paul said. *Also see (Romans 4:2-6; 10:1-4; Philippians 3:9; Titus 3:5; 2 Timothy 1:9 etc..).
...Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, WHAT GOOD THING MUST I DO TO GET ETERNAL LIFE?” “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. IF YOU WANT TO ENTER LIFE, OBEY THE COMMANDMENTS.” Matthew 19:16-17

... and IF I HAVE A FAITH that can move mountains, BUT HAVE NOT LOVE, I AM NOTHING. 1 Corinthians 13:2

..."I HAVE NOT FOUND YOUR DEEDS COMPLETE IN THE SIGHT OF MY GOD" Revelations 3:1-6

...Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A MAN REAPS WHAT HE SOWS. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; THE ONE WHO SOWS TO PLEASE THE SPIRIT, from the Spirit WILL REAP ETERNAL LIFE. Galatians 6:7-8

"DO NOT MOCK GOD"