Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Which means that Faith WITHOUT works is DEAD as in,

...I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but YOU ARE DEAD. Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I HAVE NOT FOUND YOUR DEEDS COMPLETE IN THE SIGHT OF MY GOD. Remember, therefore, what you have RECEIVED and HEARD; OBEY IT, and REPENT. But IF YOU DO NOT WAKE UP, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you. Revelation 3:1-3
Jesus points out the lifeless state of the church in Sardis - "..you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead." This church may have had a name of being alive, but they were spiritually lifeless. In other words, the church was filled with unsaved people going through the motions of religion who needed to wake up and repent IN CONTRAST with a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their garments; and they will walk with Jesus in white.

*White garments are mentioned elsewhere in Revelation. The church at Laodicea mentions white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed.(Revelation 3:18). The 24 elders wear white garments (Revelation 4:4). The martyrs waiting for God’s judgment are given white robes to wear (Revelation 6:11). The armies appearing with the Messiah also wear white and clean linen (Revelation 19:14). The great multitude of the saved in Revelation 7:14 wear robes made white in the red blood of the Lamb. The color paradox makes the point and implies that the color white stands for God’s people made spiritually pure and justified by Jesus’ blood. That means the few in Sardis who were given white robes had been made right and just before God.

In Revelation 3:5, we read - "He who overcomes I will never blot out his name from the book of life." The "overcomer" mentioned in this letter to Sardis is the Believer/Christian. Compare this with 1 John 5:4: "Everyone who is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith.

...For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ NOT ONLY TO BELIEVE ON HIM, but also to suffer for him, Philippians 1:29
BELIEVING ON HIM brings salvation (John 1:12; 3:15,16,18; Acts 10:43; 16:31 etc..). Those who believe on Him and are saved will suffer for Him (and some will suffer more than others) because the world (especially certain parts of the world) is hostile to Christianity and it's only going to get worse!

...It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God; and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him. The Lord will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you. For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, HE WHO REJECTS THIS INSTRUCTION DOES NOT REJECT MAN BUT GOD, who gives you his Holy Spirit. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-8
Those who are born again have been sanctified/made holy/set apart in standing before God positionally in Christ. 1 Corinthians 6:11 - Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 1:2 - To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified (past tense) in Christ Jesus..

Yet we also see progressive sanctification in which the reality of that holiness becomes more and more evident in our actions, words, thoughts, attitudes, and motives. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-4, - For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain (present tense) from sexual immorality; that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor.

Who are you implying rejects this instruction? All you do is point out warnings in the Bible, then imply that many Christians will surely fail to heed these warnings (particularly Christians who hold to OSAS/eternal security/preservation of the saints etc..) and fail to merit eternal life based on the merits of their performance and instead, practice sin and end up in hell, while boasting in your performance and self righteously claiming this surely doesn't apply to you. Be sure to read 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 and notice that verse 9 says the "unrighteous" will not inherit the kingdom of God and also take note of the word "practice" in Galatians 5:21 and 1 John 3:9. (NASB)

...For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: “Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.” Ephesians 5:8-14
Believers were (past tense) once darkness, but are now light in the Lord and we are to live as children of light. This is the state of believers.

Acts 26:18 - to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.

2 Corinthians 6:14 - Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

1 Thessalonians 5:4 - But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.

...And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to WAKE UP from your slumber, because OUR SALVATION IS NEARER NOW THAN WHEN WE FIRST BELIEVED. Romans 13:11
There are 3 tenses to salvation. 1. We have been saved from the PENALTY of sin (justification) 2. We are being saved from the POWER of sin (ongoing sanctification) 3. We will be saved from the PRESENCE of sin (glorification) Romans 3:11 is referring to the latter tense (glorification).

...See to it that you DO NOT REFUSE HIM who speaks. If they did not escape when they refused him WHO WARNED THEM on earth, how much less will we, if we turn away from him WHO WARNS US FROM HEAVEN?
I have not refused Him who speaks or turned away from Him who warns us from heaven, but unfortunately, many "nominal" Christians over the years have.

Don't reject or refuse His warnings...

...Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and THE WHOLE WORLD HELD ACCOUNTABLE TO GOD. Romans 3:19

Are you ACCOUNTABLE to God?

Again...DO NOT REFUSE THE WARNINGS.
What makes you think I refuse His warnings? You speak as if you are on the throne of God Himself judging the world. We are ALL accountable to God. All you do is talk about warnings and imply that Christians who hold to OSAS/eternal security/preservation of the saints etc.. and don't live in fear and bondage to IN-security about their salvation will surely fail to heed these warnings and end up in hell. Then you defend works-salvationists who are trusting in their performance/works to receive eternal life. *I NEVER hear you stress that salvation is by grace through faith in JESUS CHRIST ALONE and is NOT BY WORKS. (Ephesians 2:8,9) *So maybe it's you who needs to heed the warning to repent and believe the gospel. *You need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
You did not do any work to come to faith

God did all the work to bring you to faith. All you did was said yes.

It was the work of God you believed. Just like Jesus said it was.

The jews came to him looking for food. He wanted to give the food which endured to eternal life. It was not about the law. Jesus tried to show them all the work God would do to bring people to faith.
"You did not do any work to come to faith"

A work is something you do that God deems a righteous deed, worthy of reward.
Believing in Jesus is a righteous deed, worthy of us being called righteous.
So in the sense of a good work, helping another, it is not a good work like that.
But the work of confession of faith, the sharing and verbalising of faith is a work

The hatred of the term work and reward by certain people is the belief salvation is a free gift
that cannot be earnt, and they hate the sense of earning, so if having faith is a choice or a
work they regard this as a heresy worthy of Hell.

Have you ever met a legalist, who strains at a gnat? This is a spiritual legalism, which condems
people to hell for breaking one of its laws, where just breaking one dooms you to judgement.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: You got to laugh at the total disfunctional way of thinking that a love response
to our Lord and Saviour is a work of justification. It is a love song, sung from our hearts to Him.

But maybe this love song is what is actually not understood and hated, because it does not dwell
in some, only a kind of religious theology and confusion.

Some have testified that love grows with maturity. Maybe for us it is hard to see these religious
folk with their abusive fervour, because it is not our life blood.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Romans 5- " the free gift is not like the offense."

and, of course ... " not of ourselves, it is the gift of God".

I could go on, but this is enough to prove that some do not know what they are talking about.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Please note:

1. The free gift is JESUS as a sacrifice to save mankind. Mercy and grace can be added. God will not stop giving these gifts to mankind....(whoever wants them).
WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM (John 3:15,16,18) *This is not limited to the Jews.

2. God is speaking about the Jews and not of man individually...which is what chapters 9, 10 and 11 are about.

3. God's call for the Jews is irrevocable.
Romans 9:30 - What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; 31 but the people of Israel, who pursued the law as the way of righteousness, have not attained their goal. 32 Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone. Jews only huh? :unsure:

Romans 10:8 - But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame." 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved." Jews only huh?:unsure:

Romans 11:25 - For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob; 27 For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins." 28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience. Jews only huh? :unsure:

*Does Romans 5:15-18; 6:23; 8:30 and Ephesians 2:8 also only apply to Jews? NO.

You might want to read the following...and there's much more on the internet,,,
which will help you to understand about Romans ....

Maybe we could stop hearing about these "irrevocable" gifts as if it was speaking to
individual salvation and these irrevocable calls...
unless, of course, you've become calvinist....
I'm not a 5 point Calvinist and I already understand about Romans.

Feb 5, 2019
There was mention of the believing thief on the cross for example of saved not by works here a while back:
I was already of the conviction that he is a parable of believers and the unbelieving thief a parable of religious achievers who needed proof of God: saved by given their life back to do it all over again: the empty-ness they made:
"Behold your house is left to you desolate." Referring to the ones who sentenced Jesus and nullified the old covenant: could only be nullified by the death of the one who established it.
This along with the Lord telling me 2 months ago: Stay on the cross. That not of works means: Accept your limitations and don't. That word I heard when I woke up about 7 years ago, the sentence unfinished, (the Lord did this several times recorded in the bible) I knew what He meant and the Lord knew I could finish the sentence: Don't take things in your hands again. In short if you get the picture our works have to do with pride of achievement and are old clothes that we need to discard. To have the new clothes.
god can speak to you personal through the logus word, dose not mean this is in contexted to the scriptures, if it mean something to you ,then ok, i can live with that. however the rhema is what paul is taking about (1 Corinthians 12 and 13), some would call what you heard as a revelation to you.

the big problem with jews and gentiles being saved in the bible, is the biggest miss understanding most religions, have failed to see,

for example

Matthew 13:34 New International Version (NIV)
34 Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable.

1)the apostle filed in the gaps, take all the stories, if someone in the crowd followed jesus , there would only be parables, (matthew who replaced judas) filled in the gaps, etc

jesus healed and talked with gentiles , (judaism the religion put him on the cross )

28 He said to them: “You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile acts 10

act 2 and acts 10 need to be compared to see the difference.( are split by a 10 to 18 years gap)

spoke and read is two different things. (jewish being spoken too, not gentiles)

in short ,
spiritual gifts and need the rhema v understanding the logus word(reading you bible) are two diferent thing.

with paul is taking about here.

Galatians 5 New International Version (NIV)
Freedom in Christ
5 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3 Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. 4 You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. Galatians 5

13 To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone’s account where there is no law. Romans 5

by believing
2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives lifehas set you[a] free from the law of sin and death. (romans 8)

the big question would be why do we need the rhema,

E

eternally-gratefull

I could go on, but this is enough to prove that some do not know what they are talking about.
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but by his mercy he saved us...

Our good deeds, or how geood we are have no bearing on our salvation, at every given moment on any given day, we are enslaved to Gods mercy.

To me, thats a good place to be, keeps me from boasting or puffing myself up, and keeps me focused on loving and serving others!

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Is belief a choice? In believing are we given eternal life?
Is believing earning, or doing something that entitles you to a result?

Hatred in language is odd. It can ban expressions and not their meaning.
So does an engineer earn their title of engineer by doing an engineers job?
No. A person trains to become an engineer, and when trained and qualified they do an engineers job.

But an engineer has to earn the right to be called an engineer.
So we have to earn the right to be called followers of Christ, by believing in Him.
We show we have earnt the title by following.

The following does not make us earn the title, it is the result of earning it through faith.
If we do not follow we have not earnt the title and do not believe Jesus.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
You might want to read the following...and there's much more on the internet,,,
which will help you to understand about Romans ....

http://lhim.org/blog/2014/04/11/a-free-will-perspective-on-romans-9-and-predestination/
WARNING

That website contains FALSE DOCTRINE.

Be careful when visiting and reading it. Gospel of the kingdom slang mixed in with........ denial of Jesus' deity! They are unitarians. BEWARE!
Thanks for the warning! (y)

Oct 31, 2015

Yes. Being born again is the result of believing and obeying the Gospel.

Now that a person is born again, and empowered by the Spirit, to live in dominion over the sinful desires of the flesh, it’s a daily choice to walk according to the Spirit and obey the Spirit of truth, rather than obeying the lustful desires of our flesh.

We who are born again and filled with the Spirit of God, have a choice to live our lives in obedience to the Spirit of Christ, and practice righteousness or live as a slave to the desires of our flesh, and practice the works of the flesh.

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. Galatians 6:7-8

• but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

JPT

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Choosing to believe the gospel is obeying the gospel. *In Romans 10:16, we read: But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our report?" We can clearly see that we obey the gospel by choosing to believe the gospel. *Refusing to obey the gospel (2 Thessalonians 1:8) is refusing to believe the gospel.

The gospel is a message of grace to be received through faith. The gospel is not a set of rituals to perform, a code of laws to be obeyed or a check list of good works to accomplish as a prerequisite for salvation. The gospel sets forth Christ crucified, buried and risen (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) as the power of God unto salvation for everyone who BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16). To believe the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation.

Now that a person is born again, and empowered by the Spirit, to live in dominion over the sinful desires of the flesh, it’s a daily choice to walk according to the Spirit and obey the Spirit of truth, rather than obeying the lustful desires of our flesh.
Galatians 5:17 - For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Romans 8:8 - So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

We who are born again and filled with the Spirit of God, have a choice to live our lives in obedience to the Spirit of Christ, and practice righteousness or live as a slave to the desires of our flesh, and practice the works of the flesh.
Walking according to the Spirit is descriptive of children of God. Those who are habitually dominated by the sinful nature (unbelievers) put their minds on the things of the sinful nature, but those who are habitually dominated by the Spirit (believers) put their minds on the things of the Spirit.

Romans 6:18 - And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

1 John 3:9 - No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. Galatians 6:7-8

but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
The one who is continuously (Greek present tense) sowing to his own corrupt, sinful nature which is opposed to God and unrenewed by the Holy Spirit shall of the flesh reap corruption. Our life here is sowing of one kind or another. But he who sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap everlasting life. In opposition to corruption, eternal life is produced by the Holy Spirit in those who put their faith (belief, trust, reliance) in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Feb 5, 2019
just to add to my last post.

3 To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone’s account where there is no law. Romans 5

jesus was in heaven ,when paul was writing this, when did you get a guarantee , before the cross or after jesus left the cross. or when someone told you, or when you read your bible.(big questions being asked )

2 Corinthians 1:22 New International Version (NIV)
22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

what is to come after this,

24 Not that we lord it over your faith, but we work with you for your joy, because it is by faith you stand firm.

it by faith you need to stand,

alone firm in faith and grow etc

gb9

Jan 18, 2011

• but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

JPT
I agree.

now, if you would just accept that John said the commands that we are to obey are believe in the name of the Son and love one another....

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
Jesus was actually telling them it is not a work but faith (belief)

And the disciples being accustomed to the works of the law as a way of pleasing God where being told there is no work it is faith.

Jesus is so excellent here, turning around what they perceive as a work they must do to the exact opposite.....faith ....not a work.:)

Faith is the opposite of work ....it is being persuaded

Example:
Faith is believing that a chair can hold you up no matter if you sit in it or not. Faith remains certain that the chair can hold you up before you sit in it, and even if you NEVER sit in it.

If you are convinced then you believe as a passive result.

We know that scripture states that the Spirit of God pursues each and every person at some point we either believe or suppress the truth in unrighteousness.

There is revelation from God all around people, people can believe based on those revelations.

I do not believe scripture teaches per-eminient grace.
...For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. Hebrews 4:12-13
Somewhat agree...

Salvation is of God's grace (free, favour apart from merit) and not of human effort.

Faith is the instrument of salvation, the agent of salvation is the Holy Spirit.

Faith is the human response (not a work, having been persuaded a passive response), i.e., a Spirit-prompted conviction of the truth of the redemptive merits of Christ.

Without faith there is no pleasing God
Just one question...

DO YOU LOVE GOD?

YES OR NO?

Oct 31, 2015
I agree.

now, if you would just accept that John said the commands that we are to obey are believe in the name of the Son and love one another....

I agree we are to obey the command to love God and love our neighbor.

I agree we are to believe in the name of the Son of God.

I also believe we are to obey the doctrine of Christ.

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
2 John 9

Furthermore, I believe the way we love God and our neighbor is to obey His commandments.

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

“If you love Me, keep My commandments. John 14:15

If you worship other gods, is that loving God or hating God?

If I murder my neighbor, is that loving my neighbor or hating them?

If I steal from my brother is that loving him?

JPT

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
Jesus points out the lifeless state of the church in Sardis - "..you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead." This church may have had a name of being alive, but they were spiritually lifeless. In other words, the church was filled with unsaved people going through the motions of religion who needed to wake up and repent IN CONTRAST with a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their garments; and they will walk with Jesus in white.

*White garments are mentioned elsewhere in Revelation. The church at Laodicea mentions white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed.(Revelation 3:18). The 24 elders wear white garments (Revelation 4:4). The martyrs waiting for God’s judgment are given white robes to wear (Revelation 6:11). The armies appearing with the Messiah also wear white and clean linen (Revelation 19:14). The great multitude of the saved in Revelation 7:14 wear robes made white in the red blood of the Lamb. The color paradox makes the point and implies that the color white stands for God’s people made spiritually pure and justified by Jesus’ blood. That means the few in Sardis who were given white robes had been made right and just before God.

In Revelation 3:5, we read - "He who overcomes I will never blot out his name from the book of life." The "overcomer" mentioned in this letter to Sardis is the Believer/Christian. Compare this with 1 John 5:4: "Everyone who is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith.

BELIEVING ON HIM brings salvation (John 1:12; 3:15,16,18; Acts 10:43; 16:31 etc..). Those who believe on Him and are saved will suffer for Him (and some will suffer more than others) because the world (especially certain parts of the world) is hostile to Christianity and it's only going to get worse!

Those who are born again have been sanctified/made holy/set apart in standing before God positionally in Christ. 1 Corinthians 6:11 - Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 1:2 - To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified (past tense) in Christ Jesus..

Yet we also see progressive sanctification in which the reality of that holiness becomes more and more evident in our actions, words, thoughts, attitudes, and motives. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-4, - For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain (present tense) from sexual immorality; that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor.

Who are you implying rejects this instruction? All you do is point out warnings in the Bible, then imply that many Christians will surely fail to heed these warnings (particularly Christians who hold to OSAS/eternal security/preservation of the saints etc..) and fail to merit eternal life based on the merits of their performance and instead, practice sin and end up in hell, while boasting in your performance and self righteously claiming this surely doesn't apply to you. Be sure to read 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 and notice that verse 9 says the "unrighteous" will not inherit the kingdom of God and also take note of the word "practice" in Galatians 5:21 and 1 John 3:9. (NASB)

Believers were (past tense) once darkness, but are now light in the Lord and we are to live as children of light. This is the state of believers.

Acts 26:18 - to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.

2 Corinthians 6:14 - Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

1 Thessalonians 5:4 - But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.

There are 3 tenses to salvation. 1. We have been saved from the PENALTY of sin (justification) 2. We are being saved from the POWER of sin (ongoing sanctification) 3. We will be saved from the PRESENCE of sin (glorification) Romans 3:11 is referring to the latter tense (glorification).

I have not refused Him who speaks or turned away from Him who warns us from heaven, but unfortunately, many "nominal" Christians over the years have.

What makes you think I refuse His warnings? You speak as if you are on the throne of God Himself judging the world. We are ALL accountable to God. All you do is talk about warnings and imply that Christians who hold to OSAS/eternal security/preservation of the saints etc.. and don't live in fear and bondage to IN-security about their salvation will surely fail to heed these warnings and end up in hell. Then you defend works-salvationists who are trusting in their performance/works to receive eternal life. *I NEVER hear you stress that salvation is by grace through faith in JESUS CHRIST ALONE and is NOT BY WORKS. (Ephesians 2:8,9) *So maybe it's you who needs to heed the warning to repent and believe the gospel. *You need to take a long hard look in the mirror.
So what is your point by rejecting and refusing everything the scripture say and injecting your own words as if to prove the scriptures were wrong and your words and interpretations are what we are suppose to believe?

DO YOU LOVE GOD AND HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON JESUS CHRIST?