Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I agree we are to obey the command to love God and love our neighbor.

I agree we are to believe in the name of the Son of God.

I also believe we are to obey the doctrine of Christ.

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
2 John 9

Furthermore, I believe the way we love God and our neighbor is to obey His commandments.

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

“If you love Me, keep My commandments. John 14:15

If you worship other gods, is that loving God or hating God?

If I murder my neighbor, is that loving my neighbor or hating them?

If I steal from my brother is that loving him?

JPT
ah, maybe some common ground.

we are to do and not do these things. as long as one understands that we do them because we are saved, not to earn or maintain said salvation.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
So what is your point by rejecting and refusing everything the scripture say and injecting your own words as if to prove the scriptures were wrong and your words and interpretations are what we are suppose to believe?
No need for straw man arguments or slander.

DO YOU LOVE GOD AND HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON JESUS CHRIST?
Absolutely! :)

Oct 31, 2015

we are to do and not do these things. as long as one understands that we do them because we are saved, not to earn or maintain said salvation.

The only way we have the power to walk in dominion and freedom from the sinful desires of the flesh is by our new nature, that is empowered by the Spirit.

Nevertheless it is a choice we must make each day.

JPT

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018

What do you teach? Is it in accordance to what the scripture says?

And since you reject scriptures which contradicts your FALSE MAN MADE DOCTRINES... let me just ask you this...DO YOU LOVE GOD AND HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON JESUS CHRIST?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
What do you teach? Is it in accordance to what the scripture says?

And since you reject scriptures which contradicts your FALSE MAN MADE DOCTRINES... let me just ask you this...DO YOU LOVE GOD AND HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON JESUS CHRIST?
I teach believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

that is the Gospel.

Feb 5, 2019
I agree we are to obey the command to love God and love our neighbor.

I agree we are to believe in the name of the Son of God.

I also believe we are to obey the doctrine of Christ.

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
2 John 9

Furthermore, I believe the way we love God and our neighbor is to obey His commandments.

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

JPT
sorry but i would like to add

as you can see there is a big difference between laws in old testament, to modern day law of the land in the western parts, etc

would the law of the land put you in jail in 2019, ...............................or chop your hand off (stealing)

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
No need for straw man arguments or slander.

Absolutely! :)
Here's what Jesus said;

...“If you love me, you will obey what I command. John 14:15

Now tell me where i and the others said something about working for our own salvation.

Oct 31, 2015
sorry but i would like to add

as you can see there is a big difference between laws in old testament, to modern day law of the land in the western parts, etc

would the law of the land put you in jail in 2019, ...............................or chop your hand off (stealing)

It depends on which country you live in.

Regardless of the law of the land, we answer to our Lord, for our actions.

The question remains.

JPT

Feb 5, 2019
Galatians 5 New International Version (NIV)
Freedom in Christ

5 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3 Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. 4 You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. Galatians 5

would mean all the 10 commands and the degrees ,

believing in a god through jesus, is was one of the big things the jewish put him on the cross. etc

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
I teach believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

that is the Gospel.
NIV1984 Matthew 28:18-20 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and TEACHING THEM TO OBEY EVERYTHING I HAVE COMMANDED YOU. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

I have nothing more to say.

Feb 5, 2019
It depends on which country you live in.

Regardless of the law of the land, we answer to our Lord, for our actions.

The question remains.

JPT
i agree, how ever then you have the warning in gal 5 , being cut off from god, this you can read,
and when did jesus speak directly to you, these quotes are out the bible ,
(to ignore the rest of the new testament given gal 5 is warning against , to what your quoting here, )

Oct 31, 2015
Galatians 5 New International Version (NIV)
Freedom in Christ

5 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3 Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. 4 You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. Galatians 5

would mean all the 10 commands and the degrees ,

believing in a god through jesus, is was one of the big things the jewish put him on the cross. etc

The ordinances of the 10 Commandments according to the law of Moses were nailed to the cross.

These were what separated Jew from Gentile.

The 10 Commandments themselves are eternal and were obeyed long before Moses was born.

IOW, the Sabbath is simply a day for man to rest.

We are no longer put to death for picking up sticks to kindle a fire.

JPT

Oct 31, 2015
i agree, how ever then you have the warning in gal 5 , being cut off from god, this you can read,
and when did jesus speak directly to you, these quotes are out the bible ,
(to ignore the rest of the new testament given gal 5 is warning against , to what your quoting here, )

I don’t believe anyone here is promoting the law of Moses.

JPT

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
NIV1984 Matthew 28:18-20 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and TEACHING THEM TO OBEY EVERYTHING I HAVE COMMANDED YOU. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

I have nothing more to say.
and what did Jesus command? love each other as I have loved you.

Jesus said to believe in Him.

so, to love and believe is to obey.

Oct 31, 2015

JPT

Oct 31, 2015

Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2

JPT

Feb 5, 2019
I don’t believe anyone here is promoting the law of Moses.

you can believe what you want, if you now want to remove, , law of land, or law in the bible,
your quote is out the bible, is it spoken word or a written word. out the gospel your quote, is this correct,
i have already posted some thing in regard to this,
rhema.

JPT

Feb 5, 2019
you can believe what you want, if you now want to remove, , law of land, or law in the bible,
your quote is out the bible, is it spoken word or a written word. out the gospel your quote, is this correct,
rhema.

Oct 31, 2015
rhema.

Remove the law of the land?

Why would you make this ridiculous claim about me?

Can you answer these questions?

JPT