Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

I agree that we are to do our best not to sin.

now, you , just passing through and a few others are going on my ignore list.

I am sick and tired of this fantasy world ya'll live in, that you think people here are promoting and defending sin.

good buy.
Welcome to the growing number of a group who have determined to stop enabling sinners to play their games by giving them an audience

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Welcome to the growing number of a group who have determined to stop enabling sinners to play their games by giving them an audience
Good.
Pretty soon it looks like you'll have only yourselves to talk to...
All this "ignore" business is plain silly and childish,,,but if that's how you handle your dislike of others, , , fine. It's not the Christian way....but everyone here says they obey God's commandments and who am I to judge?

I should have everybody on ignore....I get attacked so much for my beliefs which are biblical.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I agree that we are to do our best not to sin.
now, you , just passing through and a few others are going on my ignore list.
I am sick and tired of this fantasy world ya'll live in, that you think people here are promoting and defending sin.
good buy.
Just to answer this point. If you say you cannot walk like Jesus, then you are saying what?
Sin stops you? And if one is acceptable to God while sinning, that is promoting the idea sin is not deadly
or destructive or evil, but like an illness you cannot cure, just accept it.

Now the language may change, but words like you hypocrite, you cannot walk like Jesus, you are just a sinner
as I am 24/7. Worse still to start to say any sin is the same as any other, so it does not matter, God forgives you.

The point about God is love is complex, has layers and our calling is to love in all circumstances, to rejoice and
overcome. If one cares nothing about behaviour, consequences, hurt, repentance, restitution, one may as well
say you have capitulated to doing what is right in ones own eyes.

On the day of judgement, those with impure hearts will just be silent, and nothing will make sense, only dread,
the gnashing of teeth and weeping. Why? Because the connection to God, love, life never existed, just disconnected
ideas. It is demonstrated here by this whole discussion.

If one hates sin and selfishness, there is no compromise. It is a complete heart change. How can you deliver death
to anyone, or harm them. When you know how betrayal has destroyed them, and how love can bring life through
Christ, you do not want to compromise anything. But these guys simply do not know this reality, it is not in their
hearts. It is like another world, which is called fantasy. God help them.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him:
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.
1 John 2:5-6

I have to wonder. A rebuke, how dare you quote this scripture, John goes on to describe what obeying the
commandments mean. This is then quoted above. Oppps. I cannot talk to your fantasy.

Reads like someone else cannot face scripture and what it is saying. But those not in the Kingdom cannot,
it is spiritually impossible, because this is a Kingdom book, declaring Kingdom issues, to speak to the Lords
people whose heart praise and listen to Him. There are only two doors, rebellion or repentance, submission,
humbling and resting on the cross.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Perfect in Christ

I hear a cynic in my ear, yer sure thing, you and who else lol

We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.
Col 1:28

Paul is teaching everyone with everything he can to make them perfect in Christ.

Wow. When you do not look for it, it is not there. But when the Lord lays it on ones heart,
at the right time, there it is, waiting.

Of course we are perfect in Christ through grace and His forgiveness. But as mature men and women
of God, He has taught us to walk so we reflect His nature and path, perfect in Christ, a song of victory
and power. And the world declares empty and void, deluded and impossible, yet God declares they
are my people and this is their walk. Amen, thank you Jesus for the cross and the victory this brings.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
The early church had the Holy Spirit inside them. YET STILL Paul and the rest wrote letters to them to do this do that dont do this dont do that.

Why bother writing any of those epistles if the Holy Spirit is just going to take care of it automatically?

Because they had no religious training. Gentiles-pagans. Gods that weren't gods. Not like America or Canada. :)

Am not saying to not read the scriptures. They do guide and give wisdom. I'm talking about teaching law versus the life in the Spirit.

Something that I see more in this young generation of ministers. Not so much with mine. Truthfully, my spirit life has been in-out. Experiencing the power, but the fruit not as plentiful as it could be.

What I'm seeing with the young is both.

And here, rather than high lighting what we have in Jesus, the negatives are being heralded. People need built up in faith, not torn down. The law doesn't build. It condemns because no one is perfect in this spiritual walk. Only Jesus. But, the body all together with Him, and in Him, is.

If we are moving in unity that is.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Perfect in Christ

We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.

Paul is teaching everyone with everything he can to make them perfect in Christ.

Wow. When you do not look for it, it is not there. But when the Lord lays it on ones heart,

Of course we are perfect in Christ through grace and His forgiveness. But as mature men and women
of God, He has taught us to walk so we reflect His nature and path, perfect in Christ, a song of victory
and power. And the world declares empty and void, deluded and impossible, yet God declares they
are my people and this is their walk. Amen, thank you Jesus for the cross and the victory this brings.
Jesus did not come to our world for the only (and most important) reason to buy us back from satan and death...

But also to teach us how we're to live in this world of ours....
How to belong to the Kingdom,,,right here,,,right now.

Those who see only Jesus' sacrifice are missing part of the work He came to finish...
which included obeying the Father.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Perfect in Christ

You say these things, but then when you are hurt, your words are bitter.

It's like a knife plunge then a twist. Hidden in super sweet words.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Jesus did not come to our world for the only (and most important) reason to buy us back from satan and death...

But also to teach us how we're to live in this world of ours....
How to belong to the Kingdom,,,right here,,,right now.

Those who see only Jesus' sacrifice are missing part of the work He came to finish...
which included obeying the Father.
That's being taught in the 7 mountains teachings. To affect the world with Jesus no matter where we are or what we do. Then we have those who denounce it as false.

But, it's not the only reason.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
You say these things, but then when you are hurt, your words are bitter.

It's like a knife plunge then a twist. Hidden in super sweet words.
This is funny....
I don't hear bitter words...
I hear sad words....

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
GG

You asked about God within us. Finally I remembered to post this.

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
That's being taught in the 7 mountains teachings. To affect the world with Jesus no matter where we are or what we do. Then we have those who denounce it as false.

But, it's not the only reason.
The 7 Mountains teachings?
You mean the beatitudes?

But I do agree with what you said.
Please explain the 7 Mountains....

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
GG

You asked about God within us. Finally I remembered to post this.

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Yes. I know this.
It's within us because it's not a place we could go to...it's more like a dimension.

I was just making the point that some religions teach that God is IN US, in the sense that we are like little gods...and that God is in everything...

Christianity understands this in a different way...we have the Holy Spirit dwelling within us but we're not little gods.

I've never been able to express myself properly with the above idea....
(Unbelievable!! ) I hope you understand what I mean.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Christianity understands this in a different way...we have the Holy Spirit dwelling within us but we're not little gods.
I believe that the kingdom of God will be coming literally in the future and taking out all earthly kingdoms:

Revelation 11:15ff !

Already, but not yet!

I agree we are not gods! Those verses are twisted by the word of faith crowd to the extreme!
I want to get them in the ring, see if a regular man can beat a self-proclaimed god! im betting on myself! Look out for the word of faith heretics! They're wicked!

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Mr. Perfect

The only way our righteousness will exceed the Pharisees and Sadducees, if to be clothed with the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.

A pure heart is one in love with Jesus and then is awakened to the love of Father, for we realize then just how much we are loved by God.

Not that we won't lose our temper and speak angry words, but will have a repentant heart. Or whatever else our temptations may be. They get less as we walk with the Lord. Growing in grace and the graces of a Spirit filled life.

Is Father going to be horrified by our failures when He gave His Son for them before the world was created? He wasn't surprised by Adam and Eve because He knew the serpent would come.

He made the answer before the failures.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
The 7 Mountains teachings?
You mean the beatitudes?

But I do agree with what you said.
Please explain the 7 Mountains....

The Seven Mountains of Societal Influence
In 1975, Bill Bright, founder of Campus Crusade and Loren Cunningham, founder of Youth With a Mission(YWAM), developed a God-given, world-changing strategy. Their mandate: Bring Godly change to a nation by reaching its seven spheres, or mountains, of societal influence.

They concluded that in order to truly transform any nation with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, these seven facets of society must be reached: Religion, Family,Education, Government, Media, Arts & Entertainment and Business.

The Reformation Prayer Network’s primary goal is to be a catalyst, through prayer and righteous activism, which will bring change to these areas of societal influence.

There's a leader in this now who is in connection with our President. Good things are happening in America.