Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
The member you're addressing has the same problem with everyone who does not agree with him in every little which way.

He's told me the same stuff.
No amount of telling him something will make no difference because he does not LISTEN.
He already has his incorrect mind made up and that's it.

When did either one of us ever say we don't sin?
I'm sure we didn't.

This might also be the reason that the N.T. is not understood by some...
Maybe they're just too proud to accept that they have to bow down to someone/something greater than they are.

All I know is that I have better things to do....
How 'bout you?
Uh huh. And How's earning your salvation working out for you? :rolleyes:

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Scriptures please.

...All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16-17

...Let God be true...God cannot be mocked...

...He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you HYPOCRITES; as it is written: “‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; THEIR TEACHINGS ARE BUT RULES TAUGHT BY MEND.’ You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.” And he said to them: “YOU HAVE A FINE WAY OF SETTING ASIDE THE COMMANDS OF GOD in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.’ But you say that if a man says to his father or mother: ‘Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is Corban’ (that is, a gift devoted to God), then you no longer let him do anything for his father or mother. Thus YOU NULLIFY THE WORD OF GOD by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.” Mark 7:6-13

You quoted:

*DO YOU BELIEVE" that you perfectly obey ALL the commandments of the Lord? :unsure:
*DO YOU also BELIEVE that you will be saved based on the merits of obeying ALL the commandments of the Lord? :unsure:

Do you "LOVE" God?...OBEY His commandments.

...And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But THE GREATEST OF THESE IS "LOVE".
1 Corinthians 13:13
If the other member quoted scripture....he might be called out.
Better to post what SOUNDS good...even if it's not understood correctly.
I believe there is no further reason to be on this thread.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Shouldn't you be out doing good works to keep yourself saved?
Unfortunately you have a very flippant attitude.
This does NOT demonstrate salvation or belief in Jesus.

No belief in Jesus.......
No salvation.

Get serious.
Learn the N.T.
Learn to love Jesus enough to follow Him.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
If the other member quoted scripture....he might be called out.
Better to post what SOUNDS good...even if it's not understood correctly.
I believe there is no further reason to be on this thread.
Yeah. You love to say you're leaving, but you always come back. Like when you were banned and came back under a different identity.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
Unfortunately you have a very flippant attitude.
This does NOT demonstrate salvation or belief in Jesus.
Tell it to Elijah. And I love that in your mind, when you yourself are being flippant (which you've been all through this thread) it's okay, but when others are, it means we're not saved.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Yeah. You love to say you're leaving, but you always come back. Like when you were banned and came back under a different identity.
You LOVE to HATE persons.
Is that what you learned from God in the flesh?
I'd be worried if I were you....about YOUR soul....not mine.
Bye....but I retain the right to come back whenever I want to.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
The member you're addressing has the same problem with everyone who does not agree with him in every little which way.

No amount of telling him something will make no difference because he does not LISTEN.

I'm sure we didn't.

Maybe they're just too proud to accept that they have to bow down to someone/something greater than they are.

How 'bout you?
I have but one comment:
Any friend of Benny Hinn or his loathesome ilk is no friend of mine.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Yep. You still have the "Old Man" just like the rest of us.

You should. (2 Corinthians 13:5)

When you equate obedience with the retention of salvation, you are in error. And all of your blabbing just to hear yourself talk isn't going to change that. You claim not to judge yourself, yet you live to judge others based upon a standard that exist only in your mind.
Thankyou for your contribution. As I would like to point out, we can only talk about our
own personal experience. Are you suggesting Jesus had an "Old Man"?
If not then He was not fully human? And if he was fully human and did not sin, your suggestion fails.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Well, thank God for that little miracle.
These kind of sentiments brings tears to my eyes.
It suggests that freedom from sin and walking in the Spirit is not our goal or highest achievement
or even the promise of the Cross.

Dear Lord Jesus, help this man to see the beauty of your way,
and the promise of victory and eternal life that you bring through its fulfillment,
in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Amen.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019

I'm sure we didn't.

How 'bout you?
My challenge is just to proclaim the gospel of promise and transformation, the hope of glory.
And in so doing I see more of its reality in my life and that of its listeners.

An emotional thread is picked up because we feel similarly to the sharer or writer.
So Paul is in tears about those who knew the gospel yet devoted themselves to self indulgence.
When you see that, you begin to know his heart, and where he was going. And I praise the Lord
as I begin to see and feel the man, a real man of God, Amen

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I have but one comment:
Any friend of Benny Hinn or his loathesome ilk is no friend of mine.
Hi cv5, I do not think grace101 is any friend of Benny Hinn.

I think you are getting confused with another member. And unfortunately we are
not perfect in things that have touched us, but that does not define our spiritual
alegiances. I am always more concerned where someone is headed rather than
where they are at the moment, God bless you

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Fake believers

I have met on forums those who claim to know Christ yet rebel and deny His words.
They hide this often because they know believers would then ignore them.

They play a game of being aimiable and then slagging others off with words like deciever,
liar, cursed, false gospel but are unable literally to articulate this properly.

Being His sheep is clear, we listen, we follow and we are changed.
Jesus says some very hard things, but equally in context they are easy, because it actually
asks us who we are loyal to, and what we hold most dear to us.

I speak as someone who has gone, Jesus that is too hard, I cannot accept it, to, ok I have
a problem that needs working through. Following Christ is giving our all to Him, eternally.
But for some it is just a religious assent, with our lives untouched.

If you do not see a difference, you do not know Jesus.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Hi cv5, I do not think grace101 is any friend of Benny Hinn.

I think you are getting confused with another member. And unfortunately we are
not perfect in things that have touched us, but that does not define our spiritual
alegiances. I am always more concerned where someone is headed rather than
where they are at the moment, God bless you
All that I need to know is whether you agree with my assertion. A yes or no reply will suffice.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Hebrews 10:26-27
In Hebrews 10:26, to "sin willfully" in the Greek carries the idea of deliberate intention that is habitual, which stems from rejecting Christ deliberately. This is CONTINUOUS ACTION - A MATTER OF PRACTICE. Now we don't walk along our daily life and accidently fall into a pit called sin. We exercise our will but, the use of the participle clearly shows a CONTINUOUS ACTION. The unrighteous practice sin - (1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21) not the righteous, who are born of God - (1 Corinthians 6:11; 1 John 3:9).

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
All that I need to know is whether you agree with my assertion. A yes or no reply will suffice.
I am no friend of Benny Hinn, and I have massive problems with a fellowship who supported him.
It grieves me about their spiritual state, and I am still not resolved over this.

It is hard to disown brothers and sisters in Christ when they have been missled.
But in time the Lord will make it clear to me, how I should approach this, God bless you

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
In Hebrews 10:26, to "sin willfully" in the Greek carries the idea of deliberate intention that is habitual, which stems from rejecting Christ deliberately. This is CONTINUOUS ACTION - A MATTER OF PRACTICE. Now we don't walk along our daily life and accidently fall into a pit called sin. We exercise our will but, the use of the participle clearly shows a CONTINUOUS ACTION. The unrighteous practice sin - (1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21) not the righteous, who are born of God - (1 Corinthians 6:11; 1 John 3:9).
My understanding of that verse is that the willful sin is the rejection of the Gospel message. A refusal to depart from the formerly comfortable but now obsolete old religious economy in other words.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
My understanding of that verse is that the willful sin is the rejection of the Gospel message. A refusal to depart from the formerly comfortable but now obsolete old religious economy in other words.
My understanding is that it is to reject Jesus and his sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins.

Reject his sacrifice then there is no where else to go for the forgiveness of sins.

John 8:24
24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

John 16:7-9
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me;