Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

UnderGrace

Well I do agree we should not be hateful towards anyone, and I will admit I struggle big time in certain situations, co-workers mostly, having said that, I always remind myself what Jesus said

"Father forgive them for they know not what they do"

Blows my mind He could have that much love to say those words.

Because I do repeat again that doctrine does not save us....
Jesus saves!! Amen..... but He only saves according to His terms and this is where doctrine is important.

This thread gets messy at times, but I think people here do care and they really want you to see that you striving for salvation is over there is nothing more we can do on the plus or minus side of things to affect our justified status.

You understand and see the pitfalls of Calvinism so well, and stand so firmly for the very true Love of God, yet I cannot understand why you want to infuse works into the salvation plan?

No UG.
This is hate toward me and those that agree with me.
If you've followed my posts to calvinists, I always address them with respect and give scripture when I can and act civilly toward them.

I never call them names...
I'm never sarcastic with them...
I never tell them they're going to hell...

All of the above has been done to me.
I don't hate anyone back but I truly am becoming concerned for some here...
Because I do repeat again that doctrine does not save us....
But what I see here is pure hatred and dislike of a brother Christian.
This is a very bad sign....

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
Well I do agree we should not be hateful towards anyone, and I will admit I struggle big time in certain situations, co-workers mostly, having said that, I always remind myself what Jesus said

"Father forgive them for they know not what they do"

Blows my mind He could have that much love to say those words.
Jesus was teaching us that we have to do that too. We have to forgive others to be saved, even if they don't ask us to forgive them.

Jesus saves!! Amen..... but He only saves according to His terms and this is where doctrine is important.
Right on; we have to do what he says to do.
This thread gets messy at times, but I think people here do care and they really want you to see that you striving for salvation is over there is nothing more we can do on the plus or minus side of things to affect our justified status.

You understand and see the pitfalls of Calvinism so well, and stand so firmly for the very true Love of God, yet I cannot understand why you want to infuse works into the salvation plan?
Why are there people who want to call it 'works' to obey Jesus as if it is something despicable? There is nothing wrong and only right in obeying Jesus.

Dec 12, 2013
When Paul says 'not of by works', he is speaking about the works of the law.
The works of the law are the purification/ceremonial works, such as circumcision, and the sacrifice of animals.

Paul is not saying we are saved by believing and doing nothing else.

Paul is saying that people no longer have to do the works of cleaning themselves with the purification/ceremonial works of the law anymore because now Jesus cleans us by just our faith in his blood cleaning us of the sins we repent of doing.

Jesus tells us what to do to get saved, and believing and obeying go together.
False.....just another conflated gospel.....and the law is not mentioned in Ephesians 2, Titus or John....but good works in the name of Jesus are....when he casts those from his presence that peddle the same drivel you peddle!!

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
False.....just another conflated gospel.....and the law is not mentioned in Ephesians 2, Titus or John....but good works in the name of Jesus are....when he casts those from his presence that peddle the same drivel you peddle!!
All you did was deny what I said.
I don't even think you have any idea what you are going against me.
That is no defense for any truth. It is called worthless opinion.
You are wrong about Ephesians 2, Titus, and John.

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
How about you answer my first question about the veil?
I did answer.
Here it is again: Paul was preaching about peace and how to do what is culturally acceptable, so as not to start a revolution on women's dress codes. It doesn't matter though now if a woman wears a veil or not.

Dec 12, 2013
All you did was deny what I said.
I don't even think you have any idea what you are going against me.
That is no defense for any truth. It is called worthless opinion.
You are wrong about Ephesians 2, Titus, and John.
You must really be dense pal if you believe the last line you posted.....serious

and No...I am not worng about Titus Ephesians, John or even Paul....

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy has he saved us is clear.....ANY WORK THAT IS RIGHT falls into that grouping....get your head straight pal...your false working for religion will not fly here dude

Dec 12, 2013
Mailmandan, why do you even bother with this guy? He never really answers you. He just cuts and pastes the same stuff over and over again. He's here to preach and not debate.
Preach....? More like bloviate.....peddle false dogma or drivel.....

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
You must really be dense pal if you believe the last line you posted.....serious

and No...I am not worng about Titus Ephesians, John or even Paul....

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy has he saved us is clear.....ANY WORK THAT IS RIGHT falls into that grouping....get your head straight pal...your false working for religion will not fly here dude
Not of righteous acts such as the purification acts of the law.

Dec 12, 2013
Not of righteous acts such as the purification acts of the law.
In the grace you are (positioned) having been SAVED OUT OF FAITH (THE MEANS IS FAITH and SAVED IS PAST TENSE) and that NOT OF YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT of God and not of works lest ANY MAN SHOULD BOAST.

Wake up...works of any flavor DO NOT SAVE A MAN nor do they keep a man saved.....they are the RESULTS OF THE FAITH AND SALVATION MAN ALREADY POSSESSES AS A FREE GIFT FROM GOD

Dec 12, 2013
What could be good about believing in a God that creates humans and then banishes them to everlasting torment?

Did you ever notice what a holier than thou attitude they have?
I don't see this in other Christians....even the ones I don't agree with.
This is because they think they're better....
THEY understand what a sovereign God we serve and we can never question Him....
They figure,,,,what do WE know??
We just can't take it.

What a messed up theory.
What can be good about applying humanistic reasoning in an attempt to justify your belief of God and his nature.....ONE VERSE ALONE seems to be passed over by people like yourself....

The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

U

UnderGrace

I did answer.
Here it is again: Paul was preaching about peace and how to do what is culturally acceptable, so as not to start a revolution on women's dress codes. It doesn't matter though now if a woman wears a veil or not.
So then some of the rules are cultural and we no longer have to do them?

Hmmm....He seems pretty firm to me.

Paul tells women in Corinth that they must have their head covered when they worship 1 Cor 11:5-6

Dec 12, 2013
Get to know the N.T.
Get to know Jesus and why He died for you.
Save your soul.
Get to be honest, don't deceive people about who you are, follow the rules and do not push obedience when you yourself cannot even be obedient to the rules of this site Fran.....

Banned people, back under new names while peddling obedience have no real credibility and or integrity.....!!

Dec 12, 2013
So then some of the rules are cultural and we no longer have to do them?

Hmmm....He seems pretty firm to me.

Paul tells women in Corinth that they must have their head covered when they worship 1 Cor 11:5-6
The lawyers, Pharisees, workers for and salvation losers really like to pick and choose hey.....instead of simple faith, all things being lawful, but not expedient and a true biblical trust....let's just buy a lottery ticket of religion and throw the dice and hope for a 7 or 11 instead of snake eyes......

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
In the grace you are (positioned) having been SAVED OUT OF FAITH (THE MEANS IS FAITH and SAVED IS PAST TENSE)
Paul is speaking to those who have been saved.
and that NOT OF YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT of God and not of works lest ANY MAN SHOULD BOAST.
That means you didn't have to clean yourself like the people used to have to do.

You didn't have to do the purification/ceremonial works of the law.

Everyone had to obey and still has to obey.
Wake up...works of any flavor DO NOT SAVE A MAN nor do they keep a man saved.....they are the RESULTS OF THE FAITH AND SALVATION MAN ALREADY POSSESSES AS A FREE GIFT FROM GOD
No one is saved until they believe and obey Jesus.

Dec 12, 2013
Shouldn't you be out doing good works to keep yourself saved?
hajahajahahajahjajaha hilarious......

Amazing works how sweet the deal
That helped save a fool like meeeeee
I once was Lost and still ammmmmm
Because I trusted in Meeeeeeeee

Dec 12, 2013
Yeah. You love to say you're leaving, but you always come back. Like when you were banned and came back under a different identity.
And then peddle obedience to remain saved.....I mean, how can one reconcile peddling obedience to remain saved while being disobedient........how does that even jive

U

UnderGrace

What can be good about applying humanistic reasoning in an attempt to justify your belief of God and his nature.....ONE VERSE ALONE seems to be passed over by people like yourself....

The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.
My notes on Calvinism give a more accurate translation.

The LORD hath made all things to give account unto Him: yea, even the wicked, who think they are off His hook, have to give an account unto Him on the day of judgment.

Okay .....I think I will stay at the news section .... God does not make people be or do evil.:cry:

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019

We have to obey Jesus' words; his words are Spirit. We don't get the Spirit and life if we don't obey him.