Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Post 92682

stonesoffire said:
We are secure in Him because we abide, we are communing with Him, He is the vine we are the branches,

We are put in him and he in us when we believe and obey.

Matthew 18:3 "I assure you," He said, "unless you are converted and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

That comment was not from me.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
James is the one who brought up the demons to shame you and the others with your false faith alone beliefs.
Ok, now it's me saying, you need to check the concordances.

I can't say know Hebrew or Greek because I don't. But, I can read and I have the Teacher always with me. Do you?

Please get help!

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Hi UnderGrace, here's another surprised cute kitten pix from the internet. I think the key word about using a copyright photo is "money", because the owner of the picture would want money if you were to make a profit from their photo.... I'm sure its okay to use not to worry, :) ,I think it is a good thing that you are making sure you're not breaking any copyright laws -- if I'm wrong someone please correct me.

Hi TT

Thinking about you tonight. Was missing your posts. Good to see you!

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
YDOHERETICSHATEGODSOMUCH:

Now since You chose to put an ANGRY symbol on mailmandan's post:

What do YOU believe the gospel IS and what do YOU believe it means to BELIEVE the gospel?

Since every TRUE Christian would be HAPPY to answer those Questions. How about you trying to answer them ? ? ?

Or are you contend to play childish GAMES, of changing your Name and then rejoining just to put offensive symbols as a review of the Posts. I guess those Bad Symbols, must be your Dolls.

Jan 25, 2015
Faith that trusts in Christ alone for salvation and not in works saves (Ephesians 2:8,9). An empty profession of faith/dead faith that remains alone - "barren of works" does not save. (James 2:14) Until you understand the difference and place your faith (belief, trust, reliance) in Jesus Christ alone for salvation, you will remain on this merry go round of works salvation.
I couldn't agree with you more.

If we look at the Old Testament they were not saved by works. There is not one verse anybody can quote out of the Bible telling us otherwise. We were always (even under the "old Covenant") saved by faith in Christ.

The law was not given to mankind for our salvation (not even in the OT) but it is a revelation of God's character.

When you are a toddler and mom and dad teach you the ABC they teach you by showing you flash cards of an apple, bunny, cat etc. Something to associate with what we are being taught. After a while we don't need the flash cards anymore because we know what an A looks like. When ABBA Father gave us the law it was this picture of His character. Men (just like in Eden) came and corrupt God's word and said the Law is for salvation. The word Torah actually means guidelines and not law. We are the ones corrupting God's word. Our God never changed and His character is still the same. Without faith in God there is no salvation for us (Old or New covenant).

God bless you all friends

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
So you still have a gambling problem and say you have been saved how long?
If all else fail, follow directions. Jesus came and taught us the Way.
Did I say I have a severe gambling problem?

NOPE I DID NOT SAY I HAVE A SEVERE GAMBLING PROBLEM.
YOU ASSUMED I HAVE

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
We can see and identify from these discussions who are the servants of God and who are not...who are righteous and who are wicked.

Jesus told His disciples to preach the Gospel unto all nations and teach them to OBEY HIS COMMANDMENTS. (Matthew 28:18-20)

Now those who adhere to the Lord's instructions are called "IDIOTIC", WORKS SALVATIONISTS, SINLESS PERFECTIONISTS, SALVATION LOSERS ETC. Insulting and mocking the idea of OBEDIENCE TO GOD as PART OF SALVATION. (See Hebrews 5:7-9)

They are calling evil GOOD and good EVIL. (Isaiah 5:20-24)

What is NOTICEABLE is how this people PROUDLY and CONTINUOUSLY calling themselves "SINNERS" even after claiming at the same time that they were BORN AGAIN of incorruptible seed.

(A double personality suffering from SCHIZOPHRENIA who love to DOUBLE TALK.)

I am not insulting or mocking anyone but just EXPOSING them to lead them to godly sorrow and somehow REPENT.

...When I say to a wicked man, ‘YOU WILL SURELY DIE,’ and you do not warn him or speak out to DISSUADE HIM FROM HIS EVIL WAYS in order TO SAVE HIS LIFE, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you ACCOUNTABLE for his blood. But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself. “Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. Since you did not warn him, he will die for his sin. The righteous things he did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. But if you do WARN the righteous man not to sin and he does not sin, HE WILL SURELY LIVE because HE TOOK WARNING, and you will have saved yourself.” Ezekiel 3:18-21

... “Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be SHAMEFULLY EXPOSED.” Revelation 16:15

...“YOU HAVE SAID HARSH THINGS AGAINST ME,” says the Lord. “Yet you ask, ‘What have we said against you?’ “You have said, ‘IT IS FUTILE TO SERVE GOD. What did we gain by CARRYING OUT HIS REQUIREMENTS and going about like mourners before the Lord Almighty? But now we call the arrogant blessed. Certainly the evildoers prosper, and even those who challenge God escape.’” Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored his name. “THEY WILL BE MINE,” says the Lord Almighty, “in the day when I make up my treasured possession. I WILL SPARE THEM, just as in compassion a man spares his son who serves him. And you will again see the distinction between THE RIGHTEOUS and THE WICKED, between THOSE WHO SERVE God and THOSE WHO DO NOT. Malachi 3:13-18

...I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in LEADING THE GENTILES TO OBEY GOD BY WHAT I HAVE SAID AND DONE—
Romans 15:18

What are you teaching?

Aren't you leading believers to DISOBEY GOD?

It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God; and that in this matter NO ONE SHOULD WRONG HIS BROTHER OR TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HIM. THE LORD WILL PUNISH MEN FOR ALL SUCH SINS, as we have already told you and WARNED YOU. FOR GOD DID NOT CALL US TO BE IMPURE, but to LIVE A HOLY LIFE. Therefore, HE WHO REJECTS THIS INSTRUCTION DOES NOT REJECT MAN BUT GOD, who gives you his Holy Spirit.
1 Thessalonians 4:3-8

...See to it that you DO NOT REFUSE HIM who speaks. IF THEY DID NOT ESCAPE when they refused him who warned them on earth, how much less will we, IF WE TURN AWAY FROM HIM WHO WARNS US FROM HEAVEN? Hebrews 12:25

...The Spirit clearly says that in later times some WILL ABANDON THE FAITH and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 1 Timothy 4:1-2

Those who will ABANDON THEIR FAITH are those who CLAIM to have FAITH but without works...DEAD...NO POWER...

...“WHY do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and DO NOT DO WHAT I SAY? I will show you what he is like who comes to me and HEARS MY WORDS and PUTS THEM INTO PRACTICE. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears my words and DOES NOT PUT THEM INTO PRACTICE is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.” Luke 6:46-49

..."FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD."...James 2:26

...LET GOD BE TRUE...GOD CANNOT BE MOCKED...(Romans 3:3-4 & Galatians 6:7-10)

Dec 12, 2013
YDOHERETICSHATEGODSOMUCH:

Now since You chose to put an ANGRY symbol on mailmandan's post:

What do YOU believe the gospel IS and what do YOU believe it means to BELIEVE the gospel?

Since every TRUE Christian would be HAPPY to answer those Questions. How about you trying to answer them ? ? ?

Or are you contend to play childish GAMES, of changing your Name and then rejoining just to put offensive symbols as a review of the Posts. I guess those Bad Symbols, must be your Dolls.
He gave me like 48 red faces.....oh well....children will be children....idiotic as well...

Dec 12, 2013
If you truly believe this then you got something right.
I find it interesting that this would get a negative red face....as a matter of fact...the deceiver got not negative red faces and truthful posts against him all got red faces....speaks volumes....!!!

Dec 12, 2013
So i like to think of it this way

We perform works because we are grateful for the grace imparted to us. The fruit of our salvation granted by the Holy Spirit within us does not prove our salvation it simply displays it that our heavenly Father may be glorified and others may come to know him.
Amen...Jesus said as much....saved for, not by....welcome amigo....feel free and wade in....the deceivers are rank and file deep