Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Yeah he live streamed it.....was mowing them down like grass...I watched the video.....very graphic......men, women and children......bad deal
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me--put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Philippians 4:8-9

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
"I have realized that they have not obeyed Jesus in any way and have not stopped one sin"

Is it possible to not obey Jesus in any way or know this has been done?
How can you stop one sin? Sin is an action at one point in time. Once it has happened
it has happened. It cannot be stopped.
Repeated sinful behaviour can be stopped, but that is different.

So for me the concepts do not add up and are probably referring to ideas I do not understand
or grasp.
So have you ever stopped even one sin because of Jesus?

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Hatred and bitterness

Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.
Ephesians 4:31

Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast?
If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."
Now Cain said to his brother Abel, "Let's go out to the field." And while they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him.
Genesis 4:6-8

Bitterness and hatred leads to murder.
I knew a man who grew up an ophan in the orange lodges of Glasgow.
They hated catholics and kept this hatred going for generations.

This young man at 16 took a bomb and planted it in a pub and killed lots of people.

Hatred seems neutral at first, but with bitterness it grows and grows until murder comes.
So Jesus says one simple thing, love your enemies. Know them like a friend, cleanse your
heart and know how they work and where the dangers really are, and how to keep things
safe.

You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise
on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
Matthew 5:43-45

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
So have you ever stopped even one sin because of Jesus?
I have not sinned innumerable times because of Jesus because His love and life have
filled my heart. Sin is the fruit of shutting love down and letting selfish desires grow.
So if you let love grow, you change. But this is how I would describe this rather than
your way. God bless you

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
I have not sinned innumerable times because of Jesus because His love and life have
filled my heart. Sin is the fruit of shutting love down and letting selfish desires grow.
So if you let love grow, you change. But this is how I would describe this rather than
your way. God bless you
So you haven't given up any sin either? They are the ones who keep asking me personal questions about what I have stopped doing. After I told them they refused to tell me what they gave up.

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
People have a problem with boasting in the work God has done in all our lives.
Paul does not. The reason why these people cannot boast in anything because there
is no goal for them to be like Jesus and walk in His ways. They have no encouragement.

And probably rightly so if their hearts are in the mess they appear to be and they testify
to all the time. Did Paul write, "woe is me I am a sinner in need of Christs forgiveness today."
No he praised God for the ministry he had been given and the good work he could do among
the believers, Amen.
Okay now, this is good. So I am not sure how it is that you have issue with my saying to them if they have given up any sin.
They are the ones who hounded me about if I sinned and what sins I stopped.

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
Are we sinners or are we saints??

Romans 1:7
To all those in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12
Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.

1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,

Hebrews 12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,

1 Corinthians 1:2
To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours:

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Acts 9:13
But Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem.
Right! We are not sinners in the Lord, we are Saints in the Lord. Unless of course no one has given up sinning as usual.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Okay now, this is good. So I am not sure how it is that you have issue with my saying to them if they have given up any sin.
Brother, I do not have an issue. It is just clarification. In the Lord go as He leads.
These guys have no grace or love or real knowledge of our walk or the heart experience
we are talking about. In real life outside this arenna I would never interact with them.

It is why this is educational and a sand pit of ideas, because so little of true one to
one can go on. God bless you, may the Holy Spirit guide you, Amen

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
It looks like Paul DID DO some boasting...

2 Corinthians 11:16-33 New International Version (NIV)
Paul Boasts About His Sufferings

16 I repeat: Let no one take me for a fool. But if you do, then tolerate me just as you would a fool, so that I may do a little boasting.
17 In this self-confident boasting I am not talking as the Lord would, but as a fool.
18 Since many are boasting in the way the world does, I too will boast.
19 You gladly put up with fools since you are so wise!
20 In fact, you even put up with anyone who enslaves youor exploits you or takes advantage of you or puts on airs or slaps you in the face.
21 To my shame I admit that we were too weak for that!
Whatever anyone else dares to boast about—I am speaking as a fool—I also dare to boast about.
22 Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they Abraham’s descendants? So am I. 23 Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again.
24 Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one.
25 Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea,
26 I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers.
27 I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked.
28 Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches.
29 Who is weak, and I do not feel weak? Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn?
30 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.
31 The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, who is to be praised forever, knows that I am not lying.
32 In Damascus the governor under King Aretas had the city of the Damascenes guarded in order to arrest me.
33 But I was lowered in a basket from a window in the wall and slipped through his hands.

He sure did. He boasted in himself and in others and said for us to do the same.

When the scriptures say so that no one can boast, it is about the purification works of the law, like circumcision.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
My approach is to wish the best for people I meet, until they make me something, either friend
or foe. So until I know something I have a real problem with, God bless you, and Praise the Lord,
for He is truly Good.

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
Brother, I do not have an issue. It is just clarification. In the Lord go as He leads.
These guys have no grace or love or real knowledge of our walk or the heart experience
we are talking about. In real life outside this arenna I would never interact with them.

It is why this is educational and a sand pit of ideas, because so little of true one to
one can go on. God bless you, may the Holy Spirit guide you, Amen
You know, I put so much into my posts, and for so many years I have been doing this on other sites, and lately I something has made me think of not doing it anymore; I've thought about stopping, because I don't really know of many who really got much out of what I posted, but I tell you, I love ready most all that you write, and Godsgrace101, and very much so what Argueless says. Even if no one got anything out of what I say, I get something out of it.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
So you haven't given up any sin either? They are the ones who keep asking me personal questions about what I have stopped doing. After I told them they refused to tell me what they gave up.
i've given up a bunch! I come from the mean streets, the list is longer than some genealogies in the Bible!

I've come to know being on a Christian forum these days is a lot like prison, you're in with uknkown people and you gotta fight for what you got, in this case by typing your view lol. Someone coming to take your ramen noodels? Time to rumble!

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
i've given up a bunch! I come from the mean streets, the list is longer than some genealogies in the Bible!

I've come to know being on a Christian forum these days is a lot like prison, you're in with uknkown people and you gotta fight for what you got, in this case by typing your view lol. Someone coming to take your ramen noodels? Time to rumble!
lol
Since you have given up so much sin, isn't it great? Doesn't it make you want to encourage others to give up sin too?

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
lol
Since you have given up so much sin, isn't it great? Doesn't it make you want to encourage others to give up sin too?
Its great giving up sins yes. But am i sinless? NO.
IM A WORK IN PROGRESS OK?

Its great encouraging others to give up sins, difference is: I dont tell them:

"HEy, good news, Jesus will save you......... if you stop ALL your sins at once, then come to Jesus and stay in a sinless state and you're good to go"

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
All who have faith have repented.

But i guess thats above your head.
...Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and REPENT. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.
Revelation 3:3

Why were these people in the church in Sardis told to remember what they have received and heard? Why do they have to obey it and REPENT? Don't these people have faith yet? Why were they not told to have faith? Isn't it because they are already believers?

If you already forgot what you have received and heard, Jesus commands you to OBEY IT, and REPENT.