Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
No, there is not.
Unless and until you stop trying to defned yourself. And just answer the question. Which woudl prove what i said in my origional post was correct.
Thats why you wont do it. I am sure everyone here knows that
Strange thing is EG I have not real clue what you are after.
Sin has a way of creating odd ideas and echoes in people, and as the people of God we just
need to walk in His ways and His word.

Somewhere in this odd world, like vco calling me to repent and trust in Jesus.
It is just delusion doing this to a mature believer full of the Holy Spirit walking in His ways.

But that is where delusion leads people, because where their hearts are is where one must
be or else their view of Jesus is wrong. And of course the idea of meeting a mature man of
God is way beyond their imagination or even possible.

And after doing evangelism for decades it is no surprise to come across this behaviour.
You meet it all the time, with people who project themselves on to everyone they meet.

I know from vast experience, we have a very diverse audience, and very diverse set of
experiences in Jesus. And my heart is simple, walk deeper with our Lord, listen to His
word and dwell with Him, for He is our Lord and Saviour and our security is in nothing else.
His love was so great He went to the cross for us, each day, we are in Him.
Amen.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness";
20 and again, "The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile."
21 So then, no more boasting about men! All things are yours,
22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future--all are yours,
23 and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God.
1 Cor 3:19-23

E

eternally-gratefull

Interesting observation. I followed that link back to the post (you were pointing out), and my eyesight being bad, wondered if the person's Avatar/Username-Picture-image [whatever that's called] is meant to be a picture of C S Lewis's character "Reepicheep" ?
If you go back and look (may take awhile) you will also see he believes he has the right to interpret other peoples question any way he wants to. And if the owner of the question has no right to question his interpretation Just like he did here today when he was confronted.

E

eternally-gratefull

Strange thing is EG I have not real clue what you are after.
This just makes it worse peter. Ask anyone else here about what transpired and they will be able to tell you

1. You said it is not easy to tell the difference between two groups of people

2. I gave characteristics of both groups. And said it was quite esy to differentiate between the two

3. You replied I was wrong. And gave a list of things that all christians should do

4. I said I agre with those things, but lets put them in persective in alignment with the origional post I made. Since there are two differeing views about the list you gave, which one do you fit under.

As usual. You refuse to answer, then when confronted, changed my question to mean something else.

Your your own worse enemy Peter.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
This just makes it worse peter. Ask anyone else here about what transpired and they will be able to tell you
1. You said it is not easy to tell the difference between two groups of people
2. I gave characteristics of both groups. And said it was quite esy to differentiate between the two
3. You replied I was wrong. And gave a list of things that all christians should do
4. I said I agre with those things, but lets put them in persective in alignment with the origional post I made. Since there are two differeing views about the list you gave, which one do you fit under.
As usual. You refuse to answer, then when confronted, changed my question to mean something else.
Your your own worse enemy Peter.
Hello friend, manufacture what you want, it does not matter to me.
I just want to testify to Christ and the work he does in our hearts.

I also was making a series of points about how people filter out the word of God with
a series of points.

I then wonder where your heart is. You give nothing so thats it all finished.
I have to go to my house group to sing and Praise the Lord and study His word with
an open heart to see Him work amongst us, God bless you.

E

eternally-gratefull

Hello friend, manufacture what you want, it does not matter to me.
I just want to testify to Christ and the work he does in our hearts.

I also was making a series of points about how people filter out the word of God with
a series of points.

I then wonder where your heart is. You give nothing so thats it all finished.
I have to go to my house group to sing and Praise the Lord and study His word with
an open heart to see Him work amongst us, God bless you.
Lol

Keep detracting peter. Again, Your hurting yourself

My heart is with honesty. Your not bein ghonest. Your being deflective.

You said I was wrong, You opened the door. If you do not want to be confronted with issues, then do not tell people they are wrong. Then fail to back up what you said.

May 20, 2018
Ohio
Wow, I know the animosity raised.

Must be something in the streams of truth and Gods word that raises these feelings.
Praise the Lord

14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.
15 For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.
16 To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task?
2 Cor 2:14-16

1 Everything is evil unless done in the Spirit, makes trusting in someones sincerity or honesty impossible.
2 Believing slough is Gods way, any effort or desire to be righteous or holy is evil.
3 Hating individuals who one has labelled as false teachers or wolves is acceptable behaviour.
4 Abuse and being disparaging of such evil people is what they deserve.
5 Privilege is our gift from God, and having any doubts is satanic.
6 Satan uses scripture to cause condemnation, so any conviction feelings are not God even when from His word.
7 You only need to love your fellow believers.
8 Fear is evil, so fearing God is of satan, because God forgives us while we sin.
9 There is only one view of a passage, and they possess it.
10 A good teacher is essential, the Holy Spirit cannot be relied upon
11 The church is brainwashed to believe the creeds and statements of faith

Wonder which on this list I am not failing in, lol.
One must be careful when dispensing the truth in the gospel, for we may find ourselves avoiding truths and subject matter the newcomer or new believers find repulsive or poignant. We need to work hard to avoid this.
Making statements that thwart man's conception pertaining to the truth should strongly be avoided.
Making statements that thwart man's conception pertaining to the true character of God should not be tolerated.
You covey some things I agree with in its entirety, but there are things mangled with the truth that I find no merit or fact that promotes the truth in the gospel.
Paul warned the Galatians to be aware of false doctrine. For a little leaven will destroy the whole lump.
I pray that you are sincere about your claim of knowledge in the word of God, and that you're not sitting there with a smirk and stereotypical view of some soft spoken well mannered Christian you're going to aggravate from the pits of hell.
I'm not saying you are doing this, but let judgement fall correctly when I say that I love God with all my heart, and no offense unless it's deserved, but some of the stuff you post about my glorious God makes me wanna best your a##!

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Lol

Keep detracting peter. Again, Your hurting yourself

My heart is with honesty. Your not bein ghonest. Your being deflective.

You said I was wrong, You opened the door. If you do not want to be confronted with issues, then do not tell people they are wrong. Then fail to back up what you said.
Amen E-g and thank you, PeterJens is "hurting himself" -- and soon he will be gone with the wind as with the other cheaters. I am only sorry that you are encountering a diabolical cheater who does not deserve to be on this beautiful Christian forum. The Moderators know that FollowHisSteps is aka PeterJens and at the appropriate time he will be banned again, hopefully sooner not later.

E

eternally-gratefull

Amen E-g and thank you, PeterJens is "hurting himself" -- and soon he will be gone with the wind as with the other cheaters. I am only sorry that you are encountering a diabolical cheater who does not deserve to be on this beautiful Christian forum. The Moderators know that FollowHisSteps is aka PeterJens and at the appropriate time he will be banned again, hopefully sooner not later.
As I always saym Our sins will eventually find us out..

Maybe he will just humble himself and ask for his account to be deleted and finish out his ban with some integrity.. Then when he returns, (as peterjens) at least he can return with some integrity.

Dec 12, 2013
One thing is for sure, He has made it to the point ANYONE who knows the bible can see right through him. About the only people that may look at him are those who believe the same as he does. So they will like him and his posts because it supports them also. Which exposes them also.
Fully agree......cannot believe one thinks they can earn salvation.....pure idiocy.....

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
Budman said;

QUOTE;
"To the rest of the board: I believe EG is right. We all need to put YTG, Peter, and the rest of the salvation-earners on ignore. Let them spend all of their time talking only to each other; comparing notes every day on how many good works they did to stay saved. Until, eventually, they turn on each other, arguing about who is holier and more deserving of salvation."[/QUOTE]

I will pray that the OSAS camp will put on ignore or have those who disagree with them BANNED so there would be a stop to all the accusations, slander, name calling, cursings and lyings etc...and may there be no more true Christian being tempted or unsuspectingly join this wicked thread.

For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord. Jude 1:4

...These men are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm—shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds WITHOUT RAIN, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, WITHOUT FRUIT and uprooted—TWICE DEAD. They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their SHAME; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever. Enoch, the seventh from Adam, PROPHESIED ABOUT THESE MEN: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone, and to convict all the ungodly of all the UNGODLY ACTS THEY HAVE DONE in the ungodly way, and of ALL THE HARSH WORDS ungodly sinners have spoken against him.” These men are GRUMBLERS and FAULTFINDERS; they follow their own evil desires; they BOAST ABOUT THEMSELVES and FLATTER OTHERS FOR THEIR OWN ADVANTAGE. But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. They said to you, “In the last times there will be SCOFFERS who will follow their own ungodly desires.” THESE ARE THE MEN WHO DIVIDE YOU, who follow mere natural instincts and DO NOT HAVE THE SPIRIT. Jude 1:12-19

... As the body WITHOUT THE SPIRIT is DEAD, so faith without deeds is dead.
James 2:26

...For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve. 2 Corinthians 11:13-15

...Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment; if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings; yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish. 2 Peter 2:2-12

...It is true that some preach Christ out of ENVY AND RIVALRY, but others out of goodwill. The latter do so in love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, NOT SINCERELY, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, CHRIST IS PREACHED. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, Whatever happens, conduct yourselves IN A MANNER WORTHY OF THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. This is a sign to them that THEY WILL BE DESTROYED, but that YOU WILL BE SAVED—and that by God. For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ NOT ONLY TO BELIEVE ON HIM, BUT ALSO TO SUFFER FOR HIM, since you are going through the same struggle you saw I had, and now hear that I still have. Philippians 1:15-18,27-30

...Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things GOD'S WRATH COMES ON THOSE WHO ARE DISOBEDIENT. Therefore DO NOT BE PARTNERS WITH THEM. Ephesians 5:6-7

Dec 12, 2013
All this resistance.
Of course we will resist tooth and nail your false dogma that is not of God....You are deceived man and your belief will lead you straight to the pit...No one earns salvation and no one has a special revealed revelation or knowledge from God that 100% contradicts the truth.....make no mistake...you are false and what you are selling is false

Dec 12, 2013
Perverting the gospel by teaching salvation by works (particularly salvation through sinless perfection) is a self righteous, heretical doctrine that is wrong. Your repetitive posts full of psycho babble and rhetoric are not helping.
They are coming out of the wood work hey........The deceivers are rank and file deep......!!!!

Dec 12, 2013
I quoted your own words. So much for the untruth.

The irony is OVERFLOWING. You are the most proud person in the thread, no doubt. Too prideful to apologize or admit any wrong, and you just falsely accused me AGAIN. Big mistake.

Everyone else its easy to get along with, even when we disagree we keep it moving as brothers and sisters. Yet with you, its your heretical way or the highway to hell.

Unfortunately, you just lost your salvation. :cry: (again)
One cannot lose that which they do not possess already and or lost that wich cannot be lost.....I get your point though and agree.....

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
That's not really an answer is it? You took it out of context.

Proverbs 8:
12 "I, wisdom, am related to prudence. I know how to be discreet.

13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil. Pride, arrogance, an evil lifestyle, and perverted speech I despise.

14 Counsel belongs to me, along with sound judgment. I am understanding. Power belongs to me.

15 Kings reign by me, and rulers dispense justice through me.

16 By me leaders rule, as do noble officials and all who govern justly.

17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me will find me.
How do you get that God does not love those who love Him?!

Dec 12, 2013
Notice how continue to excuse their own sin, While attacking someone else..

Nothing has changed.

Either way, Seems I struck a nerve, look at the multiple posts of someone trying to run from being exposed praying that no one saw his huge mistake :LOL:
Those who have an understanding of the truth are like global hawks.....we can spot truth or deception like glowing neon signs 100 foot tall in an open field.........and like I have said....the salvation losers, workers for, sinless perfectionists, Cainologists and Pharisees are as easy to spot with a metal detector sitting dead center over a cast iron man hole cover on top the ground.....their deception and twist of the word is as plain as the sun in the sky on a clear day!!!!