Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
Does fear mean fright or respect? When you were young did you never run away from home? What brought you back home, fear or love?
Now you want to change the definition of fear?

That is what the faith alone people do; they change repent of sins to change your mind about God.
That change obedience to everything God says to only have faith.
And, fear just means 'respect'.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Wrong again.

Matthew 6:12
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors

How is SIN A DEBT?

1. It supposes obligation.

2. It supposes obligation undischarged.

3. It is an obligation that cannot be denied.

4. It is an obligation that cannot be ignored.

5. It is an obligation that cannot be transferred.

6. It is an obligation that cannot be run away from.

How THIS DEBT MAY BE CANCELLED.

1. Not by repentance.

2. Not by good works.

3. Not by any amount of seeking and striving.

4. But solely by the grace of God forgiving the debt for the sake of Jesus Christ.

(Amer. Hom. Rev.)
I would have given a gold ribbon too. But we can only post 1 reaction.

May 20, 2018
Ohio
Obeying Jesus is Spirit and life. You don't love if you don't obey.

Oh let me talk to you, come on let's talk.
You do NOT love God if that is what you are doing.

If you are still doing heroin, then you are badly mistaken.
...and with that last statement I would like to say that actually i get high before I open God's word, but that would be a lie. I am not presently in active addiction.
Sir, I don't even think you'd believe my testimony. But I would like to convey that your unrighteous judgement and legalistic views that diminishes the love and power of the godhead, and promote a circus of self righteousness that it was that persona and approach that drove me to HATE that "Christ" stuff... until God manifested himself in my life. It was and is not optional to deny what he has given me without initial consent.
How's that to the ears?

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
You contradict the Gospel by making a commitment to obey Jesus Christ for salvation, which is, in its essence, a requirement of a promise future "works" in exchange for salvation.

We could never do enough to put God in our debt.
Jesus tells us what to do to get saved.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Now you want to change the definition of fear?

That is what the faith alone people do; they change repent of sins to change your mind about God.
That change obedience to everything God says to only have faith.
And, fear just means 'respect'.
Don't you read more than one translation? I study NIV and KJV and they are not word for word the same. This is where spiritual discernment comes in handy. It is impossible for those without the spirit to understand the Holy Spirit or do you think The Holy Spirit left with John from revelations?

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
Wrong again.

Matthew 6:12
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors

How is SIN A DEBT?

1. It supposes obligation.

2. It supposes obligation undischarged.

3. It is an obligation that cannot be denied.

4. It is an obligation that cannot be ignored.

5. It is an obligation that cannot be transferred.

6. It is an obligation that cannot be run away from.

How THIS DEBT MAY BE CANCELLED.

1. Not by repentance.

2. Not by good works.

3. Not by any amount of seeking and striving.

4. But solely by the grace of God forgiving the debt for the sake of Jesus Christ.

(Amer. Hom. Rev.)
The people used to have to do works of the law to clean themselves just to be called a child of God and be near His Spirit.

These are the things BESIDES doing right and NOT sinning:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

THOSE are the works that we no longer have to do!

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
...and with that last statement I would like to say that actually i get high before I open God's word, but that would be a lie. I am not presently in active addiction.
Sir, I don't even think you'd believe my testimony. But I would like to convey that your unrighteous judgement and legalistic views that diminishes the love and power of the godhead, and promote a circus of self righteousness that it was that persona and approach that drove me to HATE that "Christ" stuff... until God manifested himself in my life. It was and is not optional to deny what he has given me without initial consent.
How's that to the ears?
We are of one accord bro!

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
How's that to the ears?
We have to watch our lives AND OUR DOCTRINE closely.

It doesn't seem like you did since you go against me for preaching obedience to Christ.

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
Don't you read more than one translation? I study NIV and KJV and they are not word for word the same. This is where spiritual discernment comes in handy. It is impossible for those without the spirit to understand the Holy Spirit or do you think The Holy Spirit left with John from revelations?
You only know what false teachers taught you about the scriptures. You don't understand the one you are talking about.

May 20, 2018
Ohio
We have to watch our lives AND OUR DOCTRINE closely.

It doesn't seem like you did since you go against me for preaching obedience to Christ.
It is not the truth. It diminishes the grace of God, which is the medium from which my salvation stems.
Obedience is a good thing, I agree, but not a. Issue pertaining to my salvation.
That statement is not a twisted way to promote disobedience or say that disobedience is an acceptable outward display to glorify God to the general populous on this planet.
I am saying that my obedience was not and remains not a condition pertaining to issue's concerning my eternal destiny.

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
It is not the truth. It diminishes the grace of God, which is the medium from which my salvation stems.
I gave you scripture! Did you think it was made up by me?
Here it is:

1 Timothy 4:16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.
Obedience is a good thing, I agree, but not a. Issue pertaining to my salvation.
You are badly mistaken.

That statement is not a twisted way to promote disobedience or say that disobedience is an acceptable outward display to glorify God to the general populous on this planet.
I am saying that my obedience was not and remains not a condition pertaining to issue's concerning my eternal destiny.
No way are you saying the truth.

Dec 12, 2013
You had a scary entity revealed to you that you call a guardian angel. hahahahaha
Now you're just lying and embellishing what I said...and you claim an obedience laced salvation..by your own deceptive words the bark on the tree in the yard is closer to being saved tham you....you have a bad day coming pal

YourTruthGod

Mar 9, 2019
Now you're just lying and embellishing what I said...and you claim an obedience laced salvation..by your own deceptive words the bark on the tree in the yard is closer to being saved tham you....you have a bad day coming pal
I don't lie.
I was 3.5 and my brother who was in a crib in the same room was 6 months old.....the sitter had just closed to door and the entire room lit up and standing in the window was an entity with long flowing blonde hair, massive deep blue eyes and a thin wispy big smile....was looking down at me smiling...I freaked and pulled covers up over my eyes....and then peeked at it....it rolled it's eyes up to my brother who was across the room while still smiling...it had the same glow described by Moses when he seen the back side of God which was emanating from it and lighting the whole room...it then looked back down at me and smiled again in a non threatening way....I freaked again and pulled the covers back over me....and the room went dark...I sat up and looked out the window...it went about 20 feet and flat dissappeard into thin air....the sand where it had stood glowed in a 10 foot circle and slowly subsided......I was full awake, was no dream and for 6 months after mom would find me sleeping in closets, under the dirty laundry, behind the lounge etc and I had no recollection of any of it......I have my view that is was our guarding angel, but cannot say for sure.........it did happen though