Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
Jesus told me im saved i believe it. life cant go like this without seeing God's hand in it.

thank you Lord Jesus Christ for all you have done for us. amen

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Phil: 3:14 I press toward to mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Paul equates himself like a track star running for a prize. A prize is not a gift. A prize is attained by effort. A gift is accepted. Salvation is given and accepted.

Argueless

Oct 21, 2018
...These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect. Hebrews 11:39-40

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Phil: 3:14 I press toward to mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Paul equates himself like a track star running for a prize. A prize is not a gift. A prize is attained by effort. A gift is accepted. Salvation is given and accepted.
Are you suggesting Paul is not receiving salvation in His prize, just an extra merit badge?
I would suggest Paul is declaring this is our calling, the greatest calling ever with the
greatest prize, eternal life and dwelling with Jesus.

Salvation incurs effort, a response on our part, a walk to safety, a transformation and
a becoming like Jesus as we walk.

Are you a thought Christian, that just having the thought Jesus is God is enough to
save you, and that is all salvation is?

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Actions we are called to do in following Jesus

put on love col 3:14
put off your old self Eph 4:22
each will be rewarded according to his own labor. 1 Corinthians 3:8
Persevere in them 1 im 4:16
make every effort 2 Peter 1:5
I press on Phil 3:12
puts them into practice Matt 7:24
we obey his commands 1 John 3:22
obey the commandments Matt 19:17
obey what I command John 14:15
Listen to him Matt 17:5
will teach you all things John 14:26
all to put their religion into practice 1 Tim 5:4
one who sows to please Gal 6:8
doing good Gal 6:9
Live such good lives 1 Peter 2:12
Submit yourselves 1 Peter 2:12
Humble yourselves James 4:10

To believe Jesus does not call us to put effort in is simply to ignore Him.

GHClarkII

Mar 20, 2019
What a load of garbage... You clearly need to go seek the truth..
Any attempt to see your works as justifying before God makes you the Pharisees and not the tax collector. These two men came to pray and only one left justifies. The Pharisee thanks God that he wasn't like others. He gave good credit for his grace, but he wanted still to boast, as you as doing by including your works. Only the open hand of faith, only sovereign Grace will justify.

May God be the Judge

GHClarkII

Mar 20, 2019
Actions we are called to do in following Jesus

put on love col 3:14
put off your old self Eph 4:22
each will be rewarded according to his own labor. 1 Corinthians 3:8
Persevere in them 1 im 4:16
make every effort 2 Peter 1:5
I press on Phil 3:12
puts them into practice Matt 7:24
we obey his commands 1 John 3:22
obey the commandments Matt 19:17
obey what I command John 14:15
Listen to him Matt 17:5
will teach you all things John 14:26
all to put their religion into practice 1 Tim 5:4
one who sows to please Gal 6:8
doing good Gal 6:9
Live such good lives 1 Peter 2:12
Submit yourselves 1 Peter 2:12
Humble yourselves James 4:10

To believe Jesus does not call us to put effort in is simply to ignore Him.
Jesus tells his hearers many times (John 6 most pointedly) that they cannot believe him because they are not his. Only his sheep hear his voice and one him. It is not our effort that brings us to good or that justifies us. It is Him. This sounds alot like salvation by works.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Any attempt to see your works as justifying before God makes you the Pharisees and not the tax collector. These two men came to pray and only one left justifies. The Pharisee thanks God that he wasn't like others. He gave good credit for his grace, but he wanted still to boast, as you as doing by including your works. Only the open hand of faith, only sovereign Grace will justify.

May God be the Judge
Wow! You pulled a post from page 1! Haven't seen that page in awhile.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Are you suggesting Paul is not receiving salvation in His prize, just an extra merit badge?
I would suggest Paul is declaring this is our calling, the greatest calling ever with the
greatest prize, eternal life and dwelling with Jesus.

Salvation incurs effort, a response on our part, a walk to safety, a transformation and
a becoming like Jesus as we walk.

Are you a thought Christian, that just having the thought Jesus is God is enough to
save you, and that is all salvation is?
Why do people who cannot accept a free gift try so hard to re-arrange the scriptures? Salvation is a gift. A prize is something earned. It's really just that simple.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
...These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect. Hebrews 11:39-40
Hey, unsaved guy. You should probably stop posting things you can't understand anyway.

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:14)

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Why do people who cannot accept a free gift try so hard to re-arrange the scriptures?
Because human pride will not allow works-salvationists to let go of their works/performance/accomplishments and receive Christ through faith. Until we get to the end of the creature, we will not get to the beginning of the Creator.

Salvation is a gift. A prize is something earned. It's really just that simple.
Amen! That's not hard to understand. It's just hard for works-salvationists to ACCEPT.

Dec 12, 2013
So, you are not saved yet. Okay. Got it.

Well, since you're not saved, why should we listen to a single thing you say?
Amen.....Coronthians is clear.....one that is not saved has no spiritual discernment concerning the word of God.....The NATURAL MAN cannot KNOW OR DISCERN THE WORD......of course we already knew that though.....!!!

Feb 28, 2016

=========================================
Salvation is a GIFT, but POSITION in The Kingdom is a 'reward/prize' for what one has accomplished according
to God's Judgment - all called and chosen of God are running their own individual 'RACE', called, 'OVER-COMING'...

Dec 12, 2013
Because human pride will not allow works-salvationists to let go of their works/performance/accomplishments and receive Christ through faith. Until we get to the end of the creature, we will not get to the beginning of the Creator.

Amen! That's not hard to understand. It's just hard for works-salvationists to ACCEPT.
Amen and the following is clear...

But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness

Dec 12, 2013
=========================================
Salvation is a GIFT, but POSITION in The Kingdom is a 'reward/prize' for what one has accomplished according
to God's Judgment - all called and chosen of God are running their own individual 'RACE', called, 'OVER-COMING'...
Reward from MITHOS = PAY OR WAGES earned for service rendered......and for sure the Heavenly Father will determine who sits next to Christ on his throne........ ;)

Dec 12, 2013

Amen.........irrevocable and eternally given by faith....beyond that....rewards--->from Misthos = pay or wages for service renedered......!!