Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 27, 2018
No need to argue them as there is a tension in exhortation to continue in the faith and the fact the Jesus is able to save to the uttermost.

You are making a false dichotomy,
No I'm not. Under Grace said believers do not perservere. I and the Bible say the do. The Bible does not have false dichotomies, and I have said nothing that I have not or can not back up with scripture. Correctly exegeted scripture.

Dec 27, 2018
Yeah well there are more flavours than Basking Robbins so I do not pay much attention, mostly it is wrong and leads to people to perform under compulsion not love, not the law of liberty.
Not if a person LOVES the LORD, it doesn't. Love acts freely and cheerfully and joyfully

Dec 27, 2018
That's the operative word. Many make the claim.
Show me where my false dichotomy is then. Post number and rebuttal. Otherwise, your post was false. It shouldn't be hard to find the false dichotomy seeing it happened in the last few minutes.

Dec 12, 2013
I am talking about AFTER justification. Do you ever grow beyond initial justification or do you just stay fruitless and barren of works. You have just resorted to a strawman argument.
No I have not...salvation is NOT dependent upon works pal....get your facts straight deceiver

Apr 3, 2019
Show me where my false dichotomy is then. Post number and rebuttal. Otherwise, your post was false. It shouldn't be hard to find the false dichotomy seeing it happened in the last few minutes.
I just did with Hebrews "uttermost" - the tension is also displayed within the same book.

(Heb 3:13 But exhort one another each day, as long as it is called "Today," that none of you may become hardened by sin's deception)

Your dichotomy is trying to pit one against the other which we see you doing with all the verses posted to sustain your position.

Dec 27, 2018
No I have not...salvation is NOT dependent upon works pal....get your facts straight deceiver
Here we go with the fruitless, immature name calling and false accusations again

WHERE DID I SAY salvation is dependant on works. Post number please. If you cannot reply, you are the deceiver.

Dec 12, 2013
We are saved by grace, but then turn around and argue we must persevere .....seems completely contradictory to me??
It is.....and fails to take into account about 30 promises by JESUS while devaluing what he does on our behalf....just another thinly veiled working for dogma that enthrones man and dethrones JESUS

Dec 27, 2018
We are saved by grace, but then turn around and argue we must persevere .....seems completely contradictory to me??
Statement of total ignorance of what I said. I did not say "we must preservere". I said "by the Grace of God we will perservere", (if we are His.)

Dec 12, 2013
No I'm not. Under Grace said believers do not perservere. I and the Bible say the do. The Bible does not have false dichotomies, and I have said nothing that I have not or can not back up with scripture. Correctly exegeted scripture.
HAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHAHHAH you regularly conflate and embellish truth.........wow.....the bolded is a cake taking statement...

Dec 27, 2018
.....seems completely contradictory to me??
Yes, your misrepresentation of what I said and what I actually said is contradictory. OF course when you misrepresent what someone says, it will create a contradiction.

Where did I say "we must perservere". I did not say that. I said believers DO preservere as they are preserved by God;.

It is you who is making false dichotomies.

Dec 27, 2018
I just did with Hebrews "uttermost" - the tension is also displayed within the same book.

(Heb 3:13 But exhort one another each day, as long as it is called "Today," that none of you may become hardened by sin's deception)

Your dichotomy is trying to pit one against the other which we see you doing with all the verses posted to sustain your position.
I showed that what I said and "saved to the uttermost" are fully compatible. No false dichotomy. Just a failure to understand basic theology by you

U

UnderGrace

Statement of total ignorance of what I said. I did not say "we must preservere". I said "by the Grace of God we will perservere", (if we are His.)
Why then did Paul even write the letters to exhort believers ...like Colossi ans if everything is so automatic??

The word is "abide" Jesus did not say let me control you.

Just as silly as tongues