Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

HAHAHH I am a glutton for punishment......and I love to stir the pot sometimes..............
Sometimes we just need to let things go.

I think PennEd is right also. We all have made a mistake. Its better to just admit it.. Who cares of this dude proved you said something ten years ago or whatever, It does not change anything. You never claimed to be perfect. Neither Have I, Neither has anyone else for that matter, so proving we screw up means nothing.. and does not help support their case.

I can see calling one out if they claim we believe something we do not just to set the record straight but them trying to discredit us because we sinned. I mean come on they are not going to win any brownie points doing that (except with other like minded people such as themselves) any person coming in the middle of the conversation will see right through them.

Abraham sinned, David sinned, even Daniel confessed his sin. Did their message get tainted? Of course not

Let them rot in their pain and suffering. They have no gospel truth, so they have to attack our personal life and show us to be sinning to attack our message, because they can not attack our message with scripture.

Dec 12, 2013
Back to reality and the truth of salvation/justification

Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

Dec 12, 2013
And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
No, I have been repeatedly been called a liar and I am showing that I was not lying at all.
If a liar will not repent, or acknowledge their sin, then they are no longer a brother in Christ.

It is odd for instance when someone says you are not defining sin correctly and then declaring
they are a sinner incapable of following Jesus.

Did Jesus come that man might stay slaves to sin, imprisoned by their fears and guilt,
unable to love and be free, to find forgiveness and mercy?

Those who have never followed Jesus or known His saving grace, the in filling of the Holy Spirit
are not capable of speaking with authority on the salvation of our God. John put it like this

8 He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning
from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.
9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him;
he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.
1 John 3

It is true foolishness to claim to know God and yet abide in sin.
What sin is too difficult for God to conquer? Or is it more likely people want safety
in Christ, no judgement without repentance and cleansing, so claim reward without
having to change. Only fools would do this, because God cannot be cheated.

1 There is no fear of God before his eyes.
2 For in his own eyes he flatters himself too much to detect or hate his sin.
3 The words of his mouth are wicked and deceitful; he has ceased to be wise and to do good.
4 Even on his bed he plots evil; he commits himself to a sinful course and does not reject what is wrong.
Psalm 36

7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
8 The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction;
the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.
Galatians 6

E

eternally-gratefull

Not by works of righteousness which we have done (any good works whatsoever, including being baptized, going to church, giving to the poor, Giving to the church, Going on evangelistic visits, insert any work you can think of) but by Gods mercy HE SAVED US by the WASHING (baptism) and REGENERATION (new birth) which was performed by the Holy Spirit!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

Think about how you are feeling now.

"Gotcha!" Ahhhh That felt good!! You scored a point? You proved that DC is a human, with human foibles?

Nobody is under the impression that ANYBODY is without fault. And you may be right, that we may get on some, more than others. Sorry about that.

But think of the power we have to reverse the cycle with love.

Dec 12, 2013
And be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith

E

eternally-gratefull

For God so loved the world that he sent and gave his only begotten son that whosoever BELIEVES (sorry, the word baptize, does good works, or any other thing one can think of is not written here, Just those who believe) will NEVER PERISH, but HAS ETERNAL LIFE

What a promise of God. Whoever entrusts their eternal lives to God based on his son will NEVER DIE (not might never die) and HAS (not may have) Eternal life!!

Amen!!

Dec 12, 2013
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Dec 12, 2013
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

Dec 12, 2013
And the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God.

Dec 12, 2013
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.