Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
6 He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.
To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.
7 He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.
8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."
Rev 21

13 Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again,
14 but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water
I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
John 4

Jesus meets our thirst.
It seems many have closed their hearts yet they claim to know God.

17 In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence
on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him.
18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to
do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
19 We love because he first loved us.
1 John 4

Fear anxiety dwells in many because they have not felt the love of God in their
hearts and need a theology that says no matter how bad and evil they get they
are safe in God.

But real security is in knowing Gods love, because perfect love drives out fear.
And this love is enough to still any storm, to bring peace and lay our hearts
cleansed and purified in His hands.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Grace before anything , it all stems from Gods Amazing grace...Our faith , the cleansing of our hearts , everything comes from grace...xox...
Amen, all is built on the forgiveness that Christ gives us through the cross, and the faith He
puts in our hearts as we reach out and open the door to let Him in.

The reason I emphasis righteousness, because it is our heart beat, and some would suggest
we are defeated and conquered, when Christ declares in our hearts "Abba Father" and like
any child, snuggle up warm and safe in His arms. When things get too much I do this, though
it can be hard to admit, I am weak and fragile and need this place, because in Him is my home
and refuge. God bless you, great is the victory He has given us, and great is His work in our
hearts, Amen.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I've decided I'm only going to respond to those on here who actually have a point. Trolls cannot have any of my valuable time.
I hear you , but unfortunately , unless I know they are preaching another Gospel , I tend to sometimes fall for their niceness , but the ones who just come and not debate , I put on ignore , that much I have learned ...xox...

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Amen, all is built on the forgiveness that Christ gives us through the cross, and the faith He
puts in our hearts as we reach out and open the door to let Him in.

The reason I emphasis righteousness, because it is our heart beat, and some would suggest
we are defeated and conquered, when Christ declares in our hearts "Abba Father" and like
any child, snuggle up warm and safe in His arms. When things get too much I do this, though
it can be hard to admit, I am weak and fragile and need this place, because in Him is my home
and refuge. God bless you, great is the victory He has given us, and great is His work in our
hearts, Amen.
I know that place where you to talk about , and it is in the Comforter...
That is where I have sat these last weeks with my LORD as He has gently revealed His ways to me to set me back on my path where my son is concerned...

I honestly do not know what I would do without Him , probably reach for the bottle , but this time I reached for Him , and took Him up on His promises , and now I am peeping out again with renewed strength...xox...

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I know that place where you to talk about , and it is in the Comforter...
That is where I have sat these last weeks with my LORD as He has gently revealed His ways to me to set me back on my path where my son is concerned...

I honestly do not know what I would do without Him , probably reach for the bottle , but this time I reached for Him , and took Him up on His promises , and now I am peeping out again with renewed strength...xox...
I know I am nothing without Jesus and the cross.
He knows me, and keeps me, He encourages me, and gives me Hope and strength,
He heals my wounds and makes me whole, He is my rescue and my refuge against the storm.

It is an eternal communion, not that we are weak and needy, but that this is reality.
Love gives and hopes, and waits. And love does come back, but also wounds, hurt and
distress. To stand and still love back again is to begin to know the cross.

Today I was talking to our pastor about reaching out to the guys in the fellowship, and I shared
my heart, knowing I may not get a good response, but that this is what it means to follow Christ
as He gave His love and life to bring us to Him. I know this love never returns void, but it is hard
to accept pain of rejection will be overwhelmed by His victory and His Spirit, but it does.

God bless you, Praise the Lord He brings us through to His glory and Praise, because it is all Him
and none of us.

U

UnderGrace

"1. A person can be saved for years without bearing fruit....<--the bible and nature teaches this truth "

This is a possibility.

"2. At what point does one stop being a son by birth...NEVER"

I would agree with this.

"3. Works are the result of the gift of faith and salvation....<----a period of growth and maturity is required before one bears anything"

I would disagree here:

Edited to add "a period of growth and maturity is required before one bears anything"
I would agree on point three as well,

I would have to say that a person can be born again one day and tell someone the next and they are also born again, this happened to me so if fruits are the results of our evangelism then time is not a determining factor.

I really think that when scripture talks about fruit is it important to determine exactly what "fruit" is in view?
I have thought on this from my one personal walk too when I was most mature.
Thoughts?

Feb 28, 2016
I agree..and I accepted what you said. Like I said, I use caps for emphasis.

AND if you are refering to DC and the others.. I am taking special exception to DC's comment because I was called names for disagreeing with him. (fruit inspector, legalist, scripture twister) by numerous people. And I did not disagree with the fact that it may be the case with some, I disagreed with the way it was stated as if it was a universal truth that applies to all believers.

Seconly, in calling me all of those names, they come off like his statement an essential doctrine. That is why I am so adamant.

I thought so. Bless you both.
=========================================================
thank you for your post -
hub and myself have extremely thick armour, it has taken many, many, years of constant challenges - now the 'darts' are like
jelly-fish with no sting -

we don't always agree with DC or some others, but it doesn't make a difference in our Love for them - yes, we do correct and
call it like it is at certain times, but we never hold grudges or take things personally, we just cannot do that - once we realize
that 'out of the mouth flows the abundance of the heart', then it makes the emotion of compassion flow so much easier...
for we know that people are hurting and need the consistency of real Love...:):)

Dec 12, 2013
What does the bible qualify as fruit as--->in the fruits of the Spirit??

What FRUIT is JESUS speaking of when he states if your ABIDE in ME and I IN YOU you will bear MUCH FRUIT?

Dec 27, 2018
If one states openly two months ago....This is the last POST I am going to make on this thread and then continues to post, is that a truthful statement?
Someone kind of talked me in to staying.

Changing one's mind is not a lie

And I said I would go away if you guys stopped mentioning me. Well, there you go again.

Let it go.

Dec 27, 2018
What does the bible qualify as fruit as--->in the fruits of the Spirit??

What FRUIT is JESUS speaking of when he states if your ABIDE in ME and I IN YOU you will bear MUCH FRUIT?
Doesnt matter. You said ANY FRUIT. Remember?

Let it go and I will go away

Dec 27, 2018
for the record, I have never called you a liar. I call you a judgemental fruit inspector because you are obsessed with how long it takes one to begin to bear fruit.

you heavily imply that bearing fruit is a maintainer of salvation.

that is my statement. you may leave now if you wish, I will say no more, unless you keep chirping.
My position on the matter of how salvation is maintained, is that GOD MAINTAINS IT.

That's why I quoted "kept by the power of God through faith" numerous times

and numerous times said I believe in the doctrine of perserverance which teaches that we perservere because God keeps us, maintains our salvation as you said.

If you had read my posts, you would know this.

Dec 27, 2018
Sorry, Pen Ed. As soon as they stop mentioning me, I'll stop coming back. I told them I would stay away if they stopped mentioning me, but I would not if they didn't.

Do you see how I was represented by GB9? I said numerous times that we are kept by the power of God, and believe in the perserverance of the saints, (which is because God keeps us), and he insinuated that I am saying we have to maintain our salvation by what we do.

This is what they have been doing the whole time. This is why I have responded the way I have.

Dec 27, 2018
Now if you guys will leave me out of your Irreverant games, I will leave.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Fruit is the consequences of the work God is doing.
Good fruit is something that brings about Gods work in others.

It is obvious the most immediate fruit is ideas, words, which are what Jesus
himself is, the Word of God.

It is also obvious we regard such things as only words, yet the Word is our saviour,
His promises are hopes and life rests on. And words created the universe, the starting
of everything we know.

Dec 12, 2013
Nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified.

Dec 12, 2013
And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, "All the nations shall be blessed in you.

Dec 12, 2013
And may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith.