Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I have misunderstood nothing.
God bless you. I always need to grow more in the things of God.
How we are grounded in Christ until we are perfect seems foundational.

It is interesting how translators put mature rather than perfect.
This compromise I think is a key issue to our unbelief in the power of Christ at
work in us. The more I understand how we are, the more I see when we truly
understand our state in Him, we can be brothers and sisters in Christ without hidden
desires or issues. It used to be more fuzzy for me, but now it seems much clearer.

God bless you, and may His peace reign deep in your heart as you walk in His ways.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
you have refuted nothing- you said " new Christian- able to bear fruit'

so, let's think- new Christian - bearing fruit. you used the word " able ". so, by doing this, you very carefully say that a new believer is supposed to be bearing fruit.

or, in other words, if the answer is " yes, a new believer is able to bear fruit" your next comment would be, " well, if they are able , then why are they not?".

so, use the plausible denial tactic all you want, me and some others see right through it.
Man I just want to answer this from my perspective, so I'm not trying to gang up here or anything. I believe when we are in the flesh, fallen, lost, unsaved, whatever you want to call it, but spiritually dead and separate from God. Not only do you not do pleasing things to God in this condition, you are unable to. This is not a matter of your will or "deeds" at all, it is a matter of spiritual disconnection from God. So when we are "born again", we are spiritually brought to life and "reconnected" (reconciled) to Him. Now "able" to bare fruit were as we were unable to before. Now you live in Christ, you speak about Jesus, people that know you SEE the difference in you, those that don't see the light shining inside. That's just what happens, and this is evidence of ones salvation. This is truth and it saddens me that it causes so much conflict within us the bride.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
You guys, (Budman, DC, EG, GB9, etc) keep coming at me with your opinions and philosophy, and I keep answering with scripture. Because you have NO scriptural basis for your refutations.
take the plank out of your own eye.

who are you to judge another's servant?

those are just off the top of my head, but you get the idea.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I am the one they like to falsely call the "fruit inspector"

Ir is a false accusation. Noone gets called on it. But when DC says "Argueless accused me (DC) of lyinng to the Holy Spirit". No one challenges it. The fact that I read that, was reason enough to come back, besides the fact that "fruit inspection" was brought up again, which is an indirect reference to me.

Ok. But that isn't what I asked. I really don't know, but did he use YOUR name?

Dec 27, 2018
Man I just want to answer this from my perspective, so I'm not trying to gang up here or anything. I believe when we are in the flesh, fallen, lost, unsaved, whatever you want to call it, but spiritually dead and separate from God. Not only do you not do pleasing things to God in this condition, you are unable to. This is not a matter of your will or "deeds" at all, it is a matter of spiritual disconnection from God. So when we are "born again", we are spiritually brought to life and "reconnected" (reconciled) to Him. Now "able" to bare fruit were as we were unable to before. Now you live in Christ, you speak about Jesus, people that know you SEE the difference in you, those that don't see the light shining inside. That's just what happens, and this is evidence of ones salvation. This is truth and it saddens me that it causes so much conflict within us the bride.
More GOLD from Jimbone. :D

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
You guys, (Budman, DC, EG, GB9, etc) keep coming at me with your opinions and philosophy, and I keep answering with scripture. Because you have NO scriptural basis for your refutations.
Their key belief is they are sinners without the ability to walk righteously in communion with
Christ, FHA, faith, heart and action. Scripture is so clear this is the way, and through walking it
we are refined and transformed as we strive and struggle through the issues.

God bless you

10 And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please
him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,
11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may
have great endurance and patience, and joyfully
12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the
saints in the kingdom of light.
Col 1

Oddly when we come with the path we are meant to walk, these folk say we are hypocrites
denying our sin and our incapability to walk like this. Sounds like lost sinners pretending
to know Jesus. The door is always open, humble yourselves before the cross, confess your
sins and He will lift you up, Amen

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I agree with this- but the macbus dude wants to put a stopwatch on how long it takes for this to happen. that is my beef with him.

there is not set time frame for one to start bearing fruit, he lies and says that there is.

Dec 27, 2018
Their key belief is they are sinners without the ability to walk righteously in communion with
Christ, FHA, faith, heart and action. Scripture is so clear this is the way, and through walking it
we are refined and transformed as we strive and struggle through the issues.

God bless you

10 And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please
him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,
11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may
have great endurance and patience, and joyfully
12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the
saints in the kingdom of light.
Col 1

Oddly when we come with the path we are meant to walk, these folk say we are hypocrites
denying our sin and our incapability to walk like this. Sounds like lost sinners pretending
to know Jesus. The door is always open, humble yourselves before the cross, confess your
sins and He will lift you up, Amen
We never achieve sinless perfection in our walk in this life, but we are called to cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of flesh and spirit and to PERFECT holiness in the fear of the Lord. And it doesnt say anywhere that we cannot bear fruit WHILE we are doing this.

Dec 27, 2018
Here you go, PenED. Who is he replying to?

Yeah, I kinda figured you wouldn't have the integrity to apologize.

And as far as the fruit inspecting stuff - sure. I do relish calling out hypocrites who love to judge people for sinning when they themselves sin every single day. At least I admit I sin every day - by either thought, word, or deed. Which makes me even more dependent of Jesus. And I do love calling out people who insist that if one does not work, they will lose their salvation - when they themselves can't give any specifics as to how much work or how often it's required. Those who live for nothing less than to put the heavy yoke of the Law back on believers. Hypocrites, Judaizers, and Pharisees all.

Dec 27, 2018
are you a moderator?

If so, did you guys ban argueless? Because he did not accuse DC of lying to the Holy Spirit. He was referring to DC's stance on lying to the Holy Spirit, when he inferred that Ananais and Saphira were saved even though they lied to the Holy Spirit

Dec 27, 2018
Did you get it, PenED?

are you a moderator?

If so, did you guys ban argueless? Because he did not accuse DC of lying to the Holy Spirit. He was referring to DC's stance on lying to the Holy Spirit, when he inferred that Ananais and Saphira were saved even though they lied to the Holy Spirit

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I just read that 5 times. Can you please show me where he mentioned your name, or you specifically?

Because all he is doing is talking about an issue. HE never agreed not to talk about that issue.

But YOU said you weren't gonna come back unless someone brought you up.

Dec 27, 2018
Ok. But that isn't what I asked. I really don't know, but did he use YOUR name?
OK, so does that mean you agree that Argueless didn't accuse DC of lying to the Holy Spirit, too? Because this is something that needs to be addressed and not brushed under the rug.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
are you a moderator?

No. Not in the least. And further, if you want to comment here or anywhere else, you have the absolute right to do so.

I am just trying to gauge your integrity, and the integrity of your words.

Dec 27, 2018
I just read that 5 times. Can you please show me where he mentioned your name, or you specifically?

Because all he is doing is talking about an issue. HE never agreed not to talk about that issue.

But YOU said you weren't gonna come back unless someone brought you up.
WHO was he replying to?

Replying to someone is not bringing them back into the conversation.

and are you a mod?

Dec 27, 2018
No. Not in the least. And further, if you want to comment here or anywhere else, you have the absolute right to do so.

I am just trying to gauge your integrity, and the integrity of your words.
Why? Are you a fruit inspector? Welcome to the club.:p

So he replied to me. If someone replies to you, isn't that bringing you back in?

And my name is in the post he quoted and replied to. Isn't that good enough?

Dec 27, 2018
so read it a sixth time and tell me who was he replying to,

And taking a stance on an issue(DC said Ananais and Saphira were saved, that is his STANCE) is not the same as doing something (Argueless brought up his stance, he did not say DC lies to the Holy Spirit.)

Argueless did not accuse DC of lying to the Holy Spirit. Didn't happen