Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
Ummmmm.....My bible states that those who sin all they want after being saved are whipped, lose reward and maybe even forfeit physical life............but their salvation is secure because it it the SPIRIT that has been born again of INCORRUPTIBLE SEED

Corinthian fornicator comes to mind....he was even bragging about it
I might need to re understand the Bible

Dec 12, 2013
Amen, The sin issue between man and God was resolved on the cross. The death issue between man and God is resolved by the indwelling spirit if you choose to accept. People always talking about sin control as if they don't know how to sin anymore. That their meager attempts at trying to keep their flesh under control trumps the magnificent sacrifice of Christ.
It actually is scorning the events of that day and telling Jesus that His sacrifice didn't quite cut the mustard.
I know....such ignorance.........SIN was paid for at the cross....it is finished is a legal ACCOUNTING TERM = paid in full.....SIN is not the issue, faith is the ISSUE.....after one is really saved....SIN hinders fellowship, but NOT SONSHIP..........

Limey410v2

Jul 2, 2017
I know....such ignorance.........SIN was paid for at the cross....it is finished is a legal ACCOUNTING TERM = paid in full.....SIN is not the issue, faith is the ISSUE.....after one is really saved....SIN hinders fellowship, but NOT SONSHIP..........
Amen, and if you truly live in the spirit and focus on Him, you will surely sin less (I would imagine).

Dec 12, 2013
I get fed up with people accusing fellow brothers/sisters on here teaching that we can sin all we want and still be saved.
They obviously mean sinning without regard.

So to such people who accuse either put up or shut up.
If anyone here does teach such a thing then they need to be bought to task.

Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone or throw it the floor.
AMEN BRO.....MACARONI is a walking talking accuser...........exactly why I have his drivel on ignore.........hey by the way Bill.....I planted about 45 tame black berry plants a few days ago.....they till have not put off any fruit......and won't until NEXT YEAR <----growth and maturity to produce......

Dec 27, 2018
Ummmmm.....My bible states that those who sin all they want after being saved are whipped, lose reward and maybe even forfeit physical life............but their salvation is secure because it it the SPIRIT that has been born again of INCORRUPTIBLE SEED

Corinthian fornicator comes to mind....he was even bragging about it
Don't forget the second part of Bud's quote....You can even stop believing in Jesus and be saved. You do know he said that, right.

BTW, the question "can they" is cancelled out by the question "will they", if your doctrine of OSAS is biblical.

Dec 27, 2018
AMEN BRO.....MACARONI is a walking talking accuser...........exactly why I have his drivel on ignore.........hey by the way Bill.....I planted about 45 tame black berry plants a few days ago.....they till have not put off any fruit......and won't until NEXT YEAR <----growth and maturity to produce......
And unlike you, my accusations are true, NOT FALSE like yours. Are you denying that Bud said "we can sin all we want and even stop believing in Jesus and be saved now? :ROFL:

Dec 27, 2018
He promises to complete the work that He started. :) God is awesome!
Yes, He will complete the work He started. That means "kept by the power of God through faith", but Bud teaches you can even stop believing and still be saved.

Limey410v2

Jul 2, 2017
Yes, He will complete the work He started. That means "kept by the power of God through faith", but Bud teaches you can even stop believing and still be saved.
If you stop believing, you didn't accept the gift of salvation. It can't be both.

Dec 27, 2018
Hey Bill, did you see the post where Bud DID say "a Christian can sin all they want and even stop believing in Jesus and still be saved". and now we have DC complaining that I DISAGREE that statement. He also LIKED a post where that claim was repeated.

...and DC is the one who brought up fruit, so I hope no one gets upset for me replying...;

And he is making the tree analogy walk on all fours. saying that the fact that it takes a period of growth and maturity for a tree to bear fruit the same is true of Christians, IE a new Christian cannot bear fruit.

But how long does it take wheat to grow? Several months. OK now if you use the same exegesis rule that DC used on trees beaing fruit to the parable of the wheat and tares, Jesus would have had to come back in the FIrst century. Because wheat only takes months to grow.

ONe of many examples of bad exegesis by DC

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
OOps, it's in the Faith/works, how much faith and how much works thread

start at post 734 and read forward.
Ok I have read the post and following posts.

Here is one I read

As far as a Christian sinning all they want and continuing to be saved...

You, I, and every other believer already do this. So I really don't see what the issue here is. We sin every day either by thought, word, or deed. We sin even more than we are aware, as God's requires absolute perfection to be saved. Salvation is a gift via grace - God's unmerited favor. To add a single requirement to it negates it as such. It turns salvation into a merit based system. How many works are needed? How many sins will cause one to lose it? Nobody ever has the specifics.
Here is how I interpreted it.

We know Budman has a beef about sin.
His beef is that some come accross as teaching sinless perfection yet sin themselves.
Further that sins of omission or inadvertent sins do not count.
Bud please correct me if I'm wrong.

So I have interpreted his above response along these lines.

When we sin we do so because we want to. The reality is that if did not want to then we would not sin. Therefore sinning because we want to.
Even though we do sin (because we want to) we are still saved by faith because even one sin keeps us out of heaven if we did not have faith in Jesus.

If my assumption is correct then he does not fall foul of what Paul has addressed.
He has not said we can use grace as a license to sin.

Bud please correct me if I am wrong.

You obviously interpreted it differently from me.
I would be interested to know why.

Dec 27, 2018
Ok I have read the post and following posts.

Here is one I read

Here is how I interpreted it.

We know Budman has a beef about sin.
His beef is that some come accross as teaching sinless perfection yet sin themselves.
Further that sins of omission or inadvertent sins do not count.
Bud please correct me if I'm wrong.

So I have interpreted his above response along these lines.

When we sin we do so because we want to. The reality is that if did not want to then we would not sin. Therefore sinning because we want to.
Even though we do sin (because we want to) we are still saved by faith because even one sin keeps us out of heaven if we did not have faith in Jesus.

If my assumption is correct then he does not fall foul of what Paul has addressed.
He has not said we can use grace as a license to sin.

Bud please correct me if I am wrong.

You obviously interpreted it differently from me.
I would be interested to know why.
Bud said we can sin as much as we want, AND we can stop believing in Jesus and be saved.