Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
:D

Congrats DC ! u got the 100,000 message and beat out Tourist this time! (and me too!)

:D
HAHAHAHHA awesome.........I prayed this thread would roll to combat the false salvation's peddle by religion.....I know it has had it's ups and downs, but it contains many truths and avenues of biblical application.... ;)

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
I can fix this for you so you have the right lens:)

1)Those who hear and do the Lord's will trusting in Him for salvation apart from works - saved.

2)Those who hear and do not do the Lord's will by not trusting in Him for salvation by trusting in their own works - not saved
Be my eye doctors

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
HAHAHAHHA awesome.........I prayed this thread would roll to combat the false salvation's peddle by religion.....I know it has had it's ups and downs, but it contains many truths and avenues of biblical application.... ;)
And growth...I believe many have grown from this thread , even if not all admit it...I sure have...
I used to look at the Scriptures in here , go to my bible , check on it and see the truth...

Now I can see the truth without going to my bible most times , because Gods Word is truth , and the truth sets us free...

I do hope and pray that those who believe that their works add to what Jesus has already said " It is finished " would simply understand it , but people I think just can`t believe that Jesus was the perfect sacrifice , and it is so sad because it will cost them their eternal life without Him , why can`t people just understand what God said , that we are saved through faith , by His Amazing grace , if they did , they would be less burdened and be able to trust , lean and rely on our LORD as they walk with Him through life's valleys and mountain tops...

Believing they have to add to what Jesus has done must be a worrisome journey for them , so we must pray and hope that they to will come to know that Jesus has done it all...\o/...xox...

Dec 12, 2013
And growth...I believe many have grown from this thread , even if not all admit it...I sure have...
I used to look at the Scriptures in here , go to my bible , check on it and see the truth...

Now I can see the truth without going to my bible most times , because Gods Word is truth , and the truth sets us free...

I do hope and pray that those who believe that their works add to what Jesus has already said " It is finished " would simply understand it , but people I think just can`t believe that Jesus was the perfect sacrifice , and it is so sad because it will cost them their eternal life without Him , why can`t people just understand what God said , that we are saved through faith , by His Amazing grace , if they did , they would be less burdened and be able to trust , lean and rely on our LORD as they walk with Him through life's valleys and mountain tops...

Believing they have to add to what Jesus has done must be a worrisome journey for them , so we must pray and hope that they to will come to know that Jesus has done it all...\o/...xox...
AMEN and I agree for sure.........there have been many that have come on line with the truth due to the incessant Stand some of us have made in this thread......

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
17 Since you call on a Father who judges each man's work impartially, live your lives as strangers here in reverent fear.
1 Peter 1

3 I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself.
1 Corinthians 4

30 For we know him who said, "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," and again, "The Lord will judge his people."
31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Hebrews 10

corazondeldei

Apr 17, 2019
Those who pursue salvation by works STUMBLE......

Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as though it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone,
NIV1984 Hebrews 3:12-19
See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first. As has just been said: “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion.” Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the desert? And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to THOSE WHO DISOBEYED? So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their UNBELIEF.

No deceiver would ever teach obedience to God but like what is written;

NIV1984 James 2:19
You believe that there is one God. Good! EVEN THE DEMONS BELIEVE that—and shudder.

And no true Christian would ever teach DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD.

When someone attacks, insult, blaspheme those who teach OBEDIENCE TO GOD as instructed by Jesus, then they clearly show that they attack, insult, blaspheme Him who gave the instructions and that they teach against His instructions.

NIV1984 Luke 12:10
And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

NIV1984 Jude 1:4
For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

Dec 12, 2013
See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first. As has just been said: “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion.” Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the desert? And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to THOSE WHO DISOBEYED? So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their UNBELIEF.

You believe that there is one God. Good! EVEN THE DEMONS BELIEVE that—and shudder.

When someone attacks, insult, blaspheme those who teach OBEDIENCE TO GOD as instructed by Jesus, then they clearly show that they attack, insult, blaspheme Him who gave the instructions and that they teach against His instructions.

And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.
Listen Seohce <---Got it right now......your drivel = zero.....your false accusations = less than zero....

No one peddles the drivel you keep posting.....!!

Dec 12, 2013
Gotta love the workers for and cainologists that constantly accuse of things not peddled by any in this thread......NO one pushes disobedience.....and for sure WORKS have NOTHING to do with gaining eternal life/salvation.......

Dec 12, 2013
HEY CAINOLOGISTS and WORKERS for that peddle a works based salvation.....try this on for size

But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,

VCO

Oct 14, 2013

YOU ARE NOT UNDERSTANDING US.

GOD LOOKS FOR THE MOTIVE BEHIND THE DEEDS.

Doing the right thing with the WRONG MOTIVE is no value to GOD, and Earning Salvation is a WRONG Motive, and IT WILL NEVER SAVE YOU.

The Pharisees did everything that GOD SAID, out of the WRONG MOTIVE, for Show, and JESUS SAID,
"YOU ARE OF YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL."

TRUE OBEDIENCE has to be purely BECAUSE YOU LOVE HIM, and any other MOTIVE is just wood, hay, and stumble, AND WILL BE BURNED UP.

Dec 12, 2013

Doing the right thing with the WRONG MOTIVE is no value to GOD, and IT WILL NEVER SAVE YOU.

The Pharisees did everything that GOD SAID, out of the WRONG MOTIVE, for Show, and JESUS SAID,

TRUE OBEDIENCE has to be purely BECAUSE YOU LOVE HIM, and any other MOTIVE is just wood, hay, and stumble, AND WILL BE BURNED UP.
He is starting to do the same thing Seohce and Argueless did.....walls of copy n paste accusations...with key words such as deceivers, disobedience, blaspheme, no true Chrstian etc.......

corazondeldei

Apr 17, 2019
Listen Seohce <---Got it right now......your drivel = zero.....your false accusations = less than zero....

No one peddles the drivel you keep posting.....!!
NIV1984 Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

NIV1984 Hebrews 4:12-13
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

NIV1984 Matthew 28:19-20
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Do you teach OBEDIENCE to God by attacking, insulting, blaspheming those who teach OBEDIENCE TO GOD?

NIV1984 1 John 2:3-6
We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

NIV1984 1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

NIV1984 1 Timothy 6:3-5
Love of Money If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

NIV1984 James 1:19-24
Listening and Doing My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.

corazondeldei

Apr 17, 2019

Doing the right thing with the WRONG MOTIVE is no value to GOD, and Earning Salvation is a WRONG Motive, and IT WILL NEVER SAVE YOU.

Makes me think of the motive behind attacking, insulting, blaspheming those who teach OBEDIENCE TO GOD as instructed by the Lord Jesus. Is it a bad motive to preach and teach obedience to God? If everyone who teach obedience to God has a bad motive, including you, who's preaching are we to believe?

I thank God for inspiring John to lead us to the true preachers and teachers.

NIV1984 1 John 2:3-6
We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

NIV1984 1 John 4:1
Test the Spirits Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

NIV1984 John 7:17-18
If anyone chooses to do God’s will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.

NIV1984 Galatians 6:7-10
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

corazondeldei

Apr 17, 2019
NIV1984 Deuteronomy 16:19
Do not pervert justice or show partiality. Do not accept a bribe, for a bribe blinds the eyes of the wise and twists the words of the righteous.

NIV1984 Deuteronomy 27:25
“Cursed is the man who accepts a bribe to kill an innocent person.” Then all the people shall say, “Amen!”

NIV1984 Proverbs 17:23
A wicked man accepts a bribe in secret to pervert the course of justice.

NIV1984 Micah 3:11
Her leaders judge for a bribe, her priests teach for a price, and her prophets tell fortunes for money. Yet they lean upon the Lord and say, “Is not the Lord among us? No disaster will come upon us.”

NIV1984 Romans 1:18,32
God’s Wrath Against Mankind The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

NIV1984 Isaiah 5:20-24
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight. Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine and champions at mixing drinks, who acquit the guilty for a bribe, but deny justice to the innocent. Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
He is starting to do the same thing Seohce and Argueless did.....walls of copy n paste accusations...with key words such as deceivers, disobedience, blaspheme, no true Chrstian etc.......

Amazing how Similar, all false teachers are. It is like a road map to deceive true Believers. It is like someone wants to deceive us by Getting our FOCUS off CHRIST, to shift it to focusing on Self Edification. Now Who Could That Be? Who Used That Trick First?

Genesis 3:4-5 (CSBBible)
4 "No! You will not die," the serpent said to the woman.
5 "In fact, God knows that when you eat it your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

Dec 12, 2013
Amazing how Similar, all false teachers are. It is like a road map to deceive true Believers. It is like someone wants to deceive us by Getting our FOCUS off CHRIST, to shift it to focusing on Self Edification. Now Who Could That Be? Who Used That Trick First?

Genesis 3:4-5 (CSBBible)
4 "No! You will not die," the serpent said to the woman.
5 "In fact, God knows that when you eat it your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
Exactly........self works, self emphasis and lookie how obedient I am......

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
NIV1984 Deuteronomy 16:19
Do not pervert justice or show partiality. Do not accept a bribe, for a bribe blinds the eyes of the wise and twists the words of the righteous.

NIV1984 Deuteronomy 27:25
“Cursed is the man who accepts a bribe to kill an innocent person.” Then all the people shall say, “Amen!”

NIV1984 Proverbs 17:23
A wicked man accepts a bribe in secret to pervert the course of justice.

NIV1984 Micah 3:11
Her leaders judge for a bribe, her priests teach for a price, and her prophets tell fortunes for money. Yet they lean upon the Lord and say, “Is not the Lord among us? No disaster will come upon us.”

NIV1984 Romans 1:18,32
God’s Wrath Against Mankind The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

NIV1984 Isaiah 5:20-24
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight. Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine and champions at mixing drinks, who acquit the guilty for a bribe, but deny justice to the innocent. Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel.

Romans 4:4-6 (ESV)
4 Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due.
5 And to the one who does not work [for his own righteousness] but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,
6 just as David also speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works:

Ephesians 2:4-5 (ESV)
4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us,
5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved

Ephesians 2:8-9 (ESV)
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Titus 3:5-8 (HCSB)
5 He saved usnot by works of righteousness that we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
6 He poured out this ⌊Spirit⌋ on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
7 so that having been justified by His grace, we may become heirs with the hope of eternal life.
8 This saying is trustworthy. I want you to insist on these things, so that those who have believed God might be careful to devote themselves to good works. These are good and profitable for everyone.

Romans 11:6 (HCSB)
6 Now if by grace, then it is not by works; otherwise grace ceases to be grace.

2 Timothy 1:9 (HCSB)
9 He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.

Galatians 2:16 (HCSB)
16 know that no one is justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ. And we have believed in Christ Jesus so that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no human being will be justified.