Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

longtrekker

Sep 23, 2014
Thanks.....She was a solid believer so that softens the impact for sure.......
She crossed the finish line ! Nothing can touch her now - that's the hugest thing. But my condolences of course Dcon.

2 Timothy 4:7
‘I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.’

God bless.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Well......My brother found our mother dead today....been dead a few days it seems.....just got back from her house and the removal of her body.......my younger brother is a mess.......and the bad thing.....I missed telling her happy birthday on Saturday......... :(

Bad deal
My deepest condolences.
I found my mother by chance on the floor after falling with a broken hip, for
14 hours, very independent, very stubborn about accepting help, came over to
check a storm was not going to blow things about. I felt so bad but nothing else
would have worked or been allowed.

Parents are part of us, and it always hurts, but praise the Lord He comforts us,

4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Matt 5

God bless you, and may He comfort you and your family in His grace, Amen

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
God is so amazing in every corner of the scripture He affirms that we cannot by our flesh earn salvation!!
This verse is stating we cannot be right with God through our own effort.
Those that soweth of the flesh (self-effort) shall of the flesh reap corruption.
The latter (sowing to the Spirit) are those that are partakers of His essence (Spirit) because He is in Himself Life Everlasting!! We are reaping HIM!! Amen!
We should never mock God and His finished work in Christ by trying to add to it!!!
Those that soweth of the flesh (self-effort) shall of the flesh reap corruption.

8 The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction;
the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.
Gal 6

Sowing to please pride, self worth, self justification is sowing to the sinful nature.
Sowing to righteousness, walking in righteousness because it is good, loving, life, truthful
whole is walking in the Spirit and leads to eternal life.

The cross, Jesus dying, His blood and body is literally to open the door to enable us to
know love and walk in it flowing from our hearts.

Now to believe this very walk is founded on self justification is a lie of the enemy, which for
those who do not know Jesus may sound true, except, to walk in love as a result of the cross
is our worship and act of a sacrifice of praise. Walking in love is full of hurt, pain, meekness,
humbleness, service, submission, acceptance, quietness, just being appropriate.

And then to extend this walk is mocking God, adding to His work, rather than the very fruit
of obedience and Gods work is truly sad, and truly the result of the delusion the enemy has
brought to many souls, to walk in the sinful nature rather than the Spirit.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Well......My brother found our mother dead today....been dead a few days it seems.....just got back from her house and the removal of her body.......my younger brother is a mess.......and the bad thing.....I missed telling her happy birthday on Saturday......... :(

Bad deal
Mate,
So sorry to hear this.
Thinking and praying for you all.

Thank you Jesus that death had lost its sting.

Thank you and DC's mother is now with you. In a place a peace, comfort, joy and total health.

We pray your peace and comfort for DC and the family and thank you that one day they will see each other again.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Galatians 6:
7Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
The one who is continuously (Greek present tense) sowing to his own corrupt, flesh which is opposed to God and unrenewed by the Holy Spirit shall of the flesh reap corruption. Our life here is sowing of one kind or another. But he who sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap everlasting life. In opposition to reaping corruption, eternal life is reaped by those who sow to the Spirit, which is only those who have placed their faith (belief, trust, reliance) in Jesus Christ for salvation. (John 3:15,16,18; 5:24; 11:25,26; Romans 3:24-28; 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9 etc..).

The actions which follow will determine if that faith is maintained.
The actions which follow confirm our faith. Salvation is neither obtained or maintained by works.

Romans 6:
1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
The answer is NO.

Also as the scripture said:

Hebrews 3:
12Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of UNBELIEF, in departing from the living God.

The persons being warned here are brethren, hence they have believed and they are saved. They could depart and hence they were with God and they are saved. The reason for departing was a breakdown or loss of faith. What would be the evidence of this? It would be the same as it was for those being used as the example. (Hebrews 3:16-19)

Hebrews 3:
13But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
14For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Just because the letter is addressed to brethren, doesn't mean that everyone in this large group of professing Hebrew believers are genuine believers. All the letters are addressed to believers, yet it's not hard to find make believers mixed in with a group of genuine believers. It's also not hard to find them at various Christian churches today or on Christian Chat. Nowhere in this passage of scripture do we find the words, "lost faith or lost salvation." Those who depart from God demonstrate that their faith was never firmly rooted and established from the start.

Hebrews 3:8 - Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, in the day of trial in the wilderness, 9 Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me, And saw My works forty years. 10 Therefore I was angry with that generation, And said, 'They always go astray in their heart, And they have not known My ways.' Not descriptive of genuine believers. There is no loss of salvation here. Only a failure to receive it. Verses 18-19 - And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. That explains the hardened heart. It took them in the opposite direction of God. Heard the truth for a time, but then hardened heart and departing from God became their final answer. Jude 1:5 - The Lord delivered His people (the Israelites) out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe.

Hebrews 3:14 - For we have become [past tense Gk. verb, gegonamen, meaning we have become already] partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end. Notice that this is essentially a repeat of verse 6, where we have read: but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house - whose house we are, if we hold fast if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end. The wording is not - "and you will become partakers of Christ/will be saved (future indicative) if you (future indicative) hold the beginning or our confidence stedfast to the end." It is rather - "you have been, and now are, partakers of Christ/are saved, (demonstrative evidence) if in the future you hold the beginning of your confidence stedfast to the end."

The point is that not all of these Hebrews have become partakers in their promised Messiah and of course, the only ones in the end who will be identified as truly born again Hebrews who have partaken in Messiah, will have been those who have held fast the beginning of their confidence steadfast to the end. Those faltering Hebrews who depart from God begin with loud confidence and profession of loyalty. But later? Future perseverance is proof of genuine conversion.

In Hebrews 4:1-2, we read - "For indeed the gospel was preached to US as well as to THEM; but the word which THEY heard did not profit THEM, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: "So I swore in My wrath, 'They shall not enter My rest," although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. *Obviously, not all of these Hebrews were genuine believers. Notice that verses 2-3 make a distinction between US who have BELIEVED and do enter that rest and THEM who heard the word but did not mix faith with what they heard and will not enter that rest because of UNBELIEF.

Sin would be the evidence of that breakdown or loss of faith. Hence it is not a case of superior faith as you and others imply by your statements but a case of enduring faith as the scriptures teach.
Saving faith in Christ endures and is not some shallow, temporary belief that has no root, produces no fruit and withers away.

"Without the sacrifice of Christ that is very true but God also said:

I John 3:
7Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
You seem to believe that salvation is obtained/and/or maintained by a combination of faith and works. 1 John 3:7 - Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; 8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. Here is a CONTRAST between children of God and children of the devil. Those who are born of God practice righteousness BECAUSE they are righteous and not in order to become righteous.

John is writing to those who are sons of God. (I John 3:1-5) Do you understand why the sacrifice of Christ makes a difference? Do you understand why the person outside of Christ will have no hope regardless of how perfect he has been, but that this is not so for those in Christ as the scripture above shows?" Answering these questions by using the scriptures and not your opinion will lead you to the truth.
If you were standing at the gates of heaven right now and Jesus Christ asked you why He should let you into heaven, what would be your exact answer? Your answer to this question will demonstrate exactly what you are trusting in for salvation.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011

Bad deal
so sorry to hear about your mother. will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Dec 12, 2013
Your mother knows how much you love/d her, David... I am so sorry to hear of her passing, and hope you do not allow your missing her birthday to mar your memories of her. My sincere condolences to you, your family, and all who loved and will miss her while they still walk this side of life.

Thanks Magenta.....appreciate it

Dec 12, 2013
Very sorry to hear it. Both my folks passed 6 weeks apart. In fact I found my Dad too. Stay tight with your brother man. May the wonderful counselor be with you and your family. In Jesus name.
Oh we will.......he was bawling saying we are the only ones left brother.......

Dec 12, 2013
She crossed the finish line ! Nothing can touch her now - that's the hugest thing. But my condolences of course Dcon.

2 Timothy 4:7
‘I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.’

God bless.
AMEN migo..........and thanks bro

Dec 27, 2018

Bad deal
May the God of all comfort and peace strengthen you in this difficult time. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Dec 12, 2013
Mate,
So sorry to hear this.
Thinking and praying for you all.

Thank you Jesus that death had lost its sting.

Thank you and DC's mother is now with you. In a place a peace, comfort, joy and total health.

We pray your peace and comfort for DC and the family and thank you that one day they will see each other again.
Thanks my brother from another mother across the pond.....

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

Bad deal

I am so sorry for your loss, Dave..

God Is Ever Present.jpg

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Again I say:

I did not forget anything.Your tirade has nothing to do with understanding the passage in question.Try to keep on the subject in question;the proper understanding of Matthew 7:21-27.

If you ignore the meaning of the word iniquity then you can invent anything you want about this passage.The fact is,this passage speaks to ministers,pastors and so called prophets who preach mightily in the name of the Lord,who prophesy,heal and do mighty works in His name.These are not works of righteousness.These are acts of ministering.While they do these great acts of ministering,they also commit iniquity.They commit adultery,they steal the church's money,they bear false witness etc. and so they are false prophets shown up by their fruits,if persons are careful enough to see.Some will ignore these sins and also because they are ministering greatly,some will think they are not important to their salvation.They are in for a rude awakening and it is they who will say, "Lord,Lord...."

The,"I never knew you..", is as a result of iniquity ie. sin and wickedness because these false prophets thought all was well and the Lord was pleased with them because of the works of ministering in the name of the Lord.

The passage does not warrant your inventions above.

I am going to explain this one more time. I am too OLD to have a so-called TIRADE. I was just answering questions.
Also I am OLD SCHOOL, and bold type was USED for ONLY Emphasis. I do not Care what FACEBOOK calls it, I have never had a FACEBOOK ACCOUNT. I AM 70 years old, and I like my bold print for Emphasis, and my Colors strictly for Emphasis. Better read this Verse: 1 Tim 5:1

VCO

Oct 14, 2013

Bad deal

I am so sorry to hear the news of your mother's passing, you have my deepest Sympathy. I remember when my Mom passed away, so I can have Empathy with you. Learn to cherish the Memories, it will help and my your grief be replaced with those precious memories.

Volunteer Chaplain Orville

U

UnderGrace

Oh we will.......he was bawling saying we are the only ones left brother.......
It is true, when both parents are gone no matter your age you feel like you have been orphaned, it takes much time to come to terms with that feeling. :(