Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I think Jesus put it simply in the sermon on the mount. Until we have removed the plank in
our own eye, our sin and impurity, we cannot see what is wrong in other people.

And equally love does not flow until we understand we are forgiven and resolved, which means
we begin to know how to love and we we should love.

A sinner does love, but always in a way that hides their sin and avoids disclosure and tends towards
selfishness. Worse still it desires to manipulate rather than help.

Matthew 7:16 (NASB)
16 "You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?

Matthew 7:19-20 (NASB)
19 "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20 "So then, you will know them by their fruits.

Galatians 5:22-23 (NASB)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN SAVED, WILL PRODUCE THOSE KIND OF FRUITS. Where is your Godly LOVE?

U

UnderGrace

I disagree with your disagreement o_O
People in general can and do love unselfishly and for no gain or recognition....I have seen parents pour out their lives for their children and ask nothing in return, so I right on this one.;)

Now I am not stating this compares to God's love but humans do have the ability to love selflessly...if they did not have the ability to love, this world would be in far worse shape.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Keep believing the same old regurgitated drivel bro.....the bible does not teach some invisible, imminent return where we go POOF and everyone wonders where we went....that view is just another man made farce.....even the siege and fall of JERICHO carries the exact same order of the seals, trumpets and the same verbiage applied unto the resurrection/change as found in 1st Thessalonians 4 and 1st Corinthians 15.....but hey.......time will tell.....and actually connecting it to the 7th trump = truth
Scoffers will come. And like you said, Time will tell.

2 Peter 3:3-4 (NJB)
3 First of all, do not forget that in the final days there will come sarcastic scoffers whose life is ruled by their passions.
4 ‘What has happened to the promise of his coming?' they will say, ‘Since our Fathers died everything has gone on just as it has since the beginning of creation!'

Dec 12, 2013

3 First of all, do not forget that in the final days there will come sarcastic scoffers whose life is ruled by their passions.
4 ‘What has happened to the promise of his coming?' they will say, ‘Since our Fathers died everything has gone on just as it has since the beginning of creation!'
Nice yank of a verse to falsely accuse me....Now put it in context because I am not saying what you are implying.....stick to salvation....you have that correct.........

U

UnderGrace

Well I am a scoffer too then :D

Jun 4, 2019
It does not get any plainer..........Our righteous works have ZERO to do with Salvation!

English Standard Version
he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

Berean Study Bible
He saved us, not by the righteous deeds we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of new birth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.

Berean Literal Bible
He saved us, not by works in righteousness that we did, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

New American Standard Bible
He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

King James Bible
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Our works do not deliver us not because doing good works are not required to enter the kingdom of God, but because God appointed who will be delivered from before the foundations of the world before anyone did any works. Read these two bible studies, the first about predestination, http://www.wisdomofgod.us/2019/03/05/the-predestination-of-god/ , and then this second one regarding the obligation of doing good works http://www.wisdomofgod.us/2019/02/24/give-to-the-poor-and-do-good-works/ .

Dec 12, 2013
Our works do not deliver us not because doing good works are not required to enter the kingdom of God, but because God appointed who will be delivered from before the foundations of the world before anyone did any works. Read these two bible studies, the first about predestination, http://www.wisdomofgod.us/2019/03/05/the-predestination-of-god/ , and then this second one regarding the obligation of doing good works http://www.wisdomofgod.us/2019/02/24/give-to-the-poor-and-do-good-works/ .
I do not need to read your bible studies to know or understand that faith is what saves a man and that anything beyond that is the direct result of the faith and salvation one already possesses in Christ........

Jun 4, 2019
I do not need to read your bible studies to know or understand that faith is what saves a man and that anything beyond that is the direct result of the faith and salvation one already possesses in Christ........
Belief without works is dead, hence the reason works are required. Why else do you think the Messiah said, "every tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down"? Good fruit is good works. Even the Torah itself commands, "if one of your brothers becomes poor, you shall give him sufficient for his need". Doing good works is not optional, it is commanded. This is precisely where the Pharisees fell short, because they put too much importance on lesser matters of the Torah, like tzitzit and tefillin, and neglected the weightier matters of the Torah, such as acts of mercy and love towards others. And today, the same thing happens with many so called "believers", who reject the obligation to do good works, by saying, "you only need belief, not works".

Dec 12, 2013
Belief without works is dead, hence the reason works are required. Why else do you think the Messiah said, "every tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down"? Good fruit is good works. Even the Torah itself commands, "if one of your brothers becomes poor, you shall give him sufficient for his need". Doing good works is not optional, it is commanded. This is precisely where the Pharisees fell short, because they put too much importance on lesser matters of the Torah, like tzitzit and tefillin, and neglected the weightier matters of the Torah, such as acts of mercy and love towards others. And today, the same thing happens with many so called "believers", who reject the obligation to do good works, by saying, "you only need belief, not works".
Nice try....you will have to study a LOOOOONGGGGGG time pal and then you can forget playing the JAMES card to try and prove a works based false gospel.......

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

I have a word for you.....go learn it, then apply it to JAMES and come back to actually embrace the truth......

CONTEXT

noun
the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed.

Jun 4, 2019
Nice try....you will have to study a LOOOOONGGGGGG time pal and then you can forget playing the JAMES card to try and prove a works based false gospel.......

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

I have a word for you.....go learn it, then apply it to JAMES and come back to actually embrace the truth......

CONTEXT

noun
the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed.
Tell me, if a man is lying half dead on the street and a man walks by and ignores him, is he sinning or not?

U

UnderGrace

CONTEXT

noun
So many Jesus + + false gospels, there is something wrong with the preachers behind the pulpits these days or somethingo_O

U

UnderGrace

The Gospel is Jesus alone.....that is Jesus plus nothing, zero ...zilch
Additions to Jesus is a false gospel!!

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
So many Jesus + + false gospels, there is something wrong with the preachers behind the pulpits these days or somethingo_O
If Pascal knew of this problem with many false doctrine *Facepalm*
The Gospel is Jesus alone.....that is Jesus plus nothing, zero ...zilch
Additions to Jesus is a false gospel!!
The simplicity of Gospel, right?

longtrekker

Sep 23, 2014
Tell me, if a man is lying half dead on the street and a man walks by and ignores him, is he sinning or not?
Hi cgneustar

U sin everyday – do u lose your salvation each time? And then confess it to regain it before going to bed?

Salvation is not a strobe light; lose/find/lose/find/lose/find... Once granted it is never lost. That is the essence of this tread.

Good works come after salvation but are not required for salvation.

Welcome to CC !