Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 27, 2018
I agree...we are born of INCORRUPTIBLE SEED........seed that CANNOT be corrupted is exactly that........the spirit that has been born again from above does NOT SIN.....and that is why our salvation is SECURE in Christ.........
1 John 3:6-7 is not talking about two natures in the believer, one sinning and the other righteous. It is talking about people who are born of God and people who are not born of God. Anyone who reads the whole chapter (and book) in it's context can see that, unless a person is reading their own ideas into the text.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Yep, this has been established. But it is not contrary to anything that is being said right now.

You guys are still fighting for ground we all hold in common already. ;)
Says who ?
I came to post for those who feel insecure in their faith , we do not know who is sitting on the side lines looking in , like I used to , so I think my post is very fitting , maybe not for you , but for someone else...xox...

Dec 27, 2018
I had to look to see who you were responding to....thank the CC "gods" for ignore..............no pun intended and for sure sarcasm found in the word "gods"
I could care less if you read my posts, so no need to keep repeating it as if it is some kind of honor for the mighty DC to read your posts.

Dec 27, 2018
Says who ?
I came to post for those who feel insecure in their faith , we do not know who is sitting on the side lines looking in , like I used to , so I think my post is very fitting , maybe not for you , but for someone else...xox...
If it has not been established in almost 102,000 posts of saying the same thing, I don't know if it ever will be. The point is that DC is using a red herring ploy by pretending that anyone who disagrees with him on anything at all are is denying salvation by grace through faith alone.

U

UnderGrace

If it has not been established in almost 102,000 posts of saying the same thing, I don't know if it ever will be. The point is that DC is using a red herring ploy by pretending that anyone who disagrees with him on anything at all are is denying salvation by grace through faith alone.
Well you are, you just can't see it. Even people who think salvatian can be lost (not saying you particularly) agree that salvation is a gift received through faith by God's grace.

If works are proof of salvation then by necessity works are necessary for salvation.

Dec 27, 2018
Well you are, you just can't see it. Even people who think salvatian can be lost (not saying you particularly) agree that salvation is a gift received through faith by God's grace.

If works are proof of salvation then by necessity works are necessary for salvation.
Good job of putting the cart before the horse, UnderGrace. WORKS follow salvation, just as I said at least 100 times. I can see why it takes 102,000 posts to establish anything. Some of you guys either don't read or you have really bad memories

Dec 27, 2018

:LOL: my position has always been we are not saved by works, we are saved UNTO good works, in agreement with Ephesians 2:10 and Titus 2:11-15. You know? The scriptural position?

U

UnderGrace

What are you doing? Looking for loopholes?

Why would a person who has been born of God fail to know or to love God?
I am looking for a straight answer ....you are the one that teaches perseverance...if a person does not perservere what does that mean?

E

eternally-gratefull

I agree...we are born of INCORRUPTIBLE SEED........seed that CANNOT be corrupted is exactly that........the spirit that has been born again from above does NOT SIN.....and that is why our salvation is SECURE in Christ.........
taken by itself, this sounds like you believe in sinless perfectionalsim..lol

E

eternally-gratefull

I had to look to see who you were responding to....thank the CC "gods" for ignore..............no pun intended and for sure sarcasm found in the word "gods"
Yeah confused me also. I did. Not know he was still here..lolol

E

eternally-gratefull

The seed is incorruptible but you are not.

NIV1984 1 Corinthians 15:49-58
And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven. I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.” “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
Which is WHY we must depend on grace. Because since we are not “incorruptible” apart from grace every minute of every day we are doomed to eternity in the lake of fire

As a very good friend says, Anyday you wake up and your not in hell (where you deserve to be) it is a good day.

Now give me all you can, Because thanks To God I can overcome anything you can throw at me!

It is the knowledge that our future is secure that allows us, like it allowed paul To see severe tribulation, pain and suffering as momentary light afflictions.

Apart from this hope. We are just walking on thin ice. Not knowing what day we will fall through. And forced to work hard to live up to Gods standard. instead of being free to love and serve others. Out focus in life is self. Not others. Because we HAVE to make sure we measure up or we are lost.

E

eternally-gratefull

New question, is sanctification by works? Yes or no

Strongest evidence from both sides?

And what's the foundation of Christian sanctification?
Sanctification is not works, it is the ability to do works, and do more and more and more. It is learnign to be like Christ. And depending on him for all your needs, while you focus on the needs of others, Like Christ depended on his father to suplly his needs, while he focused on the needs of the people.

E

eternally-gratefull

Actual understanding the dual nature of the person is the only way to guard against the false teaching of sinless perfectionism.
True

But that is not what John is talking about if that is what you means,

He is compairing and contrasting those who are of God, Vs those who are of their father the devil.

We “practice” our nature

Those who are of satan “practice” sin

Those who are born of God “do not practice sin” because they are by nature children of god and have their seed in them.

Dec 27, 2018
I am looking for a straight answer ....you are the one that teaches perseverance...if a person does not perservere what does that mean?
It means that they are not of Christ's household.

Hebrews 3:6- 6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Are you going to argue with clear scripture?

Dec 27, 2018
What does the following verse say? It answers your question CLEARLY.

Hebrews 3:6- But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

BTW, this verse is descriptive...