Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 27, 2018
AMEN ROSE....even JESUS --->The Spirit is indeed willing, but the flesh is weak..
Go ahead and argue for something you and I agree on, to avoid defending your bad interpretation of 1 John 3. Red herring and strawman argumentation

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
AMEN ROSE......how you doing today SISTER.....
Am good brother , the LORD has blessed me so much this past week , I am standing on a mountain today , looking back and seeing how far He has carried me from the valley ...

I have a testimony about my health , praise God , He is faithful to those who walk as He says to walk , I love Him so much , and this week I have got to know Him even more...

Hope you well D , you have been in my thoughts , may not say it , but it is true...
God bless you Dcon ...xox...

Dec 12, 2013
Even if we did disagree

It does not help him one iota..
You know....I can only think of maybe two/three things we disagree on for the most part off of the top of my head.............I fully believe the three gifts of 1st Corinthians 13 ended with the completion of the word and the timing of the 2nd coming (events surrounding it)....other than that I think we agree for the most part on almost everything.......

Dec 12, 2013
Am good brother , the LORD has blessed me so much this past week , I am standing on a mountain today , looking back and seeing how far He has carried me from the valley ...

I have a testimony about my health , praise God , He is faithful to those who walk as He says to walk , I love Him so much , and this week I have got to know Him even more...

Hope you well D , you have been in my thoughts , may not say it , but it is true...
God bless you Dcon ...xox...
Amen and thanks Rose.......keep swinging......and i always think about your stance, sweet spirit and how far you have come.....probably a better testimony than me because I am so rough and gruff hahah

Dec 12, 2013
Like a dog, they return to their vomit!
HAHAHA and they remind me of a little rat dog yapping.......yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap.....no real bark, no real bite and scatter like a covey of quail when the big dogs bark.....yap yap yap yap yap yap yap......like dripping water from a faulty sink

Dec 27, 2018
Here are the lies you have blathered on about......

1. Lie one -->Paul did not write 1 John <--I never said or implied this

2. Lie 2 --->DC is transposing "two natures" unto the text to make it fit his theology instead <----LIE number 2.....done no such thing..made a generalized statement of truth...YOU are the one that took what I said and started implying what I WAS DOIN PAL

3. Lie 3 -->SO I guess it's clear to you that works of obedienceafter salvation are optional <---NEVER said this or implied this

4. Lie 4 --->Your irrational hatred of me <---Another lie....I do not hate you....I despise your twisted false biblical blather.....

The BIBLE is TAKEN IN THE WHOLE....YOU CANNOT dismiss already GIVEN truths as you do here and exactly why you miss the mark on so many things.......

Yep, the Bible is replete with references of the conflict of the two natures. Two bad there is NO REFERENCE to the two natures in 1 John 3. The new nature is mentioned, but where is the old nature?
1. What Paul said in Romans and Galatians about the two natures is wholly irrelevant to 1 John 3, because John is not talking about two natures.

2. Saying that 1 John is talking about two natures, and then defending it by alluding to a text somewhere else to defend that position, even though the premise that 1 John 3 is talking about two natures is transposing one text onto another.

3. You stood in agreement with Undergrace, who intimated that good works may not necessarily follow conversion by asking the rhetorical question "what if they don't"

4. Continually lying about and misrepresenting someone is a form of hate. The biblical definition of hate is a failure to love, and love does no ill to his neighbor. And you did ill to me by lying and saying that I reject the two nature teaching. This is an outright lie, and love does not lie. Therefore, you do not love me, and are not keeping Christ's commands

Dec 27, 2018
I'm sorry that you don't count being a purchased possession of you Kurios a blessing of Grace. I am sorry that asserting that believers are the purchased possession of Christ, ie they are His douloi and He is their kurios is considered legalistic. Just carry on serving a Saviour whose Lordship is optional, when I know no such thing is true, because He bought us and we are no longer our own

Dec 27, 2018
My position NEVER CHANGED. Everything I said is in perfect harmony. The things you you think I said are about grace are in perfect agreement with the things you I said you call legalism. It is because you have an unbalanced theology that you do not truly understand grace.

Dec 12, 2013
1. What Paul said in Romans and Galatians about the two natures is wholly irrelevant to 1 John 3, because John is not talking about two natures.

2. Saying that 1 John is talking about two natures, and then defending it by alluding to a text somewhere else to defend that position, even though the premise that 1 John 3 is talking about two natures is transposing one text onto another.

3. You stood in agreement with Undergrace, who intimated that good works may not necessarily follow conversion by asking the rhetorical question "what if they don't"

4. Continually lying about and misrepresenting someone is a form of hate. The biblical definition of hate is a failure to love, and love does no ill to his neighbor. And you did ill to me by lying and saying that I reject the two nature teaching. This is an outright lie, and love does not lie. Therefore, you do not love me, and are not keeping Christ's commands
The bolded...exactly what you are doing....I listed 4 things you falsely accused me of and instead of admitting, apologizing and getting right you double down.....speaks multitudes to your character.....

thanks......see ya pal.....

Dec 27, 2018
The bolded...exactly what you are doing....I listed 4 things you falsely accused me of and instead of admitting, apologizing and getting right you double down.....speaks multitudes to your character.....

You did lie about me, you said that I dismissed the two natures.

Dec 27, 2018
He is transposing Pauline theology regarding two natures onto 1 John 3:6-10.

a. Where do you see two natures in 1 John 3?

b. Verse 6 IS NOT talking about the new nature it is talking about believers.

c. What 1 John 3 is talking about is evident in verse 10. Go and read verse 10

d.1 John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

e. This text is not talking about two natures. It is talking about two different types of people. Those who are born of God and those that are not.

f. DC is transposing "two natures" unto the text to make it fit his theology instead of making his theology fit the text.
Read the first line IN RED. It shows that your accusation against me that I denied the two natures is an outright lie. I mentioned the Pauline theology regarding two natures. It's right there in the link aboveSo you did LIE. And instead of apologizing, repenting, admitting, you double down on your lie.

So are you going to man up and admit that what you said about me dismissing the two natures was false? Of course not. You NEVER man up on your mistakes. And your little playmates enable you in your lying.

Dec 12, 2013
Macaroni no one listens to your drivel.....you are the one that took what I said and attributed it to something I did not imply...all can read and see.....again....that is WHY most have you on ignore....you contradict yourself more than a left wing politician....back on ignore pal......

Dec 27, 2018

He is transposing Pauline theology regarding two natures onto 1 John 3:6-10.

a. Where do you see two natures in 1 John 3?

b. Verse 6 IS NOT talking about the new nature it is talking about believers.

c. What 1 John 3 is talking about is evident in verse 10. Go and read verse 10

d.1 John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

e. This text is not talking about two natures. It is talking about two different types of people. Those who are born of God and those that are not.

f. DC is transposing "two natures" unto the text to make it fit his theology instead of making his theology fit the text.
Read the first line IN RED. It shows that your accusation against me that I denied the two natures is an outright lie. I mentioned the Pauline theology regarding two natures. It's right there in the link aboveSo you did LIE. And instead of apologizing, repenting, admitting, you double down on your lie.

So are you going to man up and admit that what you said about me dismissing the two natures was false?..

Of course not. You NEVER man up on your mistakes. And your little playmates enable you in your lying.

Dec 27, 2018
Macaroni no one listens to your drivel.....you are the one that took what I said and attributed it to something I did not imply...all can read and see.....again....that is WHY most have you on ignore....you contradict yourself more than a left wing politician....back on ignore pal......
Where do you find two natures in 1 John 3?

Where did I dismiss the Pauline teaching of two natures.

You cannot answer. Because both are lies built on sand.

Dec 27, 2018
Post 101,575 exposes you as a liar. You said I dismissed the two natures. The link in 101,575 shows that is not true.

Will you man up and admit you were wrong when you said I dismissed the two natures? Of course not. It is not in your NATURE.

So prove me wrong about your nature, and show that you are able to admit when you misrepresented someone. (reminds me of the lie you told about Argueless) Dog returning to his own vomit, as EG said.

Will this post make people angry? Yes. Do I care? No

The truth always makes darkness angry. AND lying is a work of darkness, not of light.